Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Self-portrait? 😛 

Have a nice evening, Konrad, you cheeky scamp.

No allowed a moustache :(

Leather cap 🤔 if it had a Blackhawks logo mibbe  :)

That's Blackhawks not Black c.... 

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

No allowed a moustache :(

Leather cap 🤔 if it had a Blackhawks logo mibbe  :)

That's Blackhawks not Black c.... 

my dear moustaches, leather caps , etc  are so 1980s in a certain group of people’s ! Get with the times 😂 

BEE44F91-E906-4F6F-9162-F942287173CD.gif

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

my dear moustaches, leather caps , etc  are so 1980s in a certain group of people’s ! Get with the times 😂 

BEE44F91-E906-4F6F-9162-F942287173CD.gif

James,  it was a light hearted play on the daft wee emoji I used in response to Jonesy, lighten the feck up...

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

James,  it was a light hearted play on the daft wee emoji I used in response to Jonesy, lighten the feck up...

This is my light hearted response ! It’s the best I can do 👍

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Try, ahem,  harder...

I meant the response I gave with the gif was my “ Light hearted response “ it’s lost now it seems ! 

6114CB99-765D-47F8-8669-8E758C85DF50.gif

Dennis Reynolds

I see a few Tory MP's, including the majority of the front bench are wearing masks today in the commons.

Pretty sure Labour and SNP were called embarrassing for wearing masks recently....

In reality, think we all know where this is going to go with regards to restrictions down south!

Edited by LMc

3 minutes ago, LMc said:

I see a few Tory MP's, including the majority of the front bench are wearing masks today in the commons.

Pretty sure Labour and SNP were called embarrassing for wearing masks recently....

In reality, think we all know where this is going to go with regards to restrictions down south!

People have been blathering about how the mask wearing on the opposition benches was all about political posturing.  What hasn't been recognised is that the absence of masks on the government side is at least equally as political / ideological.  The whole charade has been a typical parliament cluster****.

Footballfirst

Good news on infections in student accommodation from this week's PHS statistical report.

• Between 2 August and 10 October 2021, there were a total of 902 positive COVID-19 cases associated with university accommodation postcodes. These represent 0.37% of the cumulative number of recorded cases of COVID-19 in Scotland in that time period. In comparison, during the same period in 2020 (3 August to 11 October 2020), there were a total of 1,799 positive COVID-19 cases associated with university accommodation postcodes, representing 8.0% of the cumulative number of recorded cases of COVID-19 in Scotland at that time.

• A weekly peak of 181 cases (0.4% of all cases that week in Scotland) was observed in the week ending 29 August 2021 during the time period of investigation. This compares to a weekly peak of 729 cases (20.3% of all cases in Scotland that week) in the week ending 27 September 2020.

• The cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh accounted for over three quarters (78.2%) of cases in the period 2 August 2021 to 10 October 2021 (Table X) reflecting large student populations in these areas. However, numbers of recorded COVID-19 cases within all individual accommodation postcodes remained low, with cases never exceeding 5 in any given week.

• Compared with last year, a low number of positive COVID-19 cases were identified in student accommodation between 2 August and 10 October 2021, despite higher numbers of PCR tests taken this year compared with the equivalent time period last year

joondalupjambo
26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

People have been blathering about how the mask wearing on the opposition benches was all about political posturing.  What hasn't been recognised is that the absence of masks on the government side is at least equally as political / ideological.  The whole charade has been a typical parliament cluster****.

Tune into the Budget Vic, on TV now and Tory front bench and many Tory back benchers now wearing them.  Can only assume an incoming and Boris to soon announce back to mask wearing in some scenarios in England.  

15 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Tune into the Budget Vic, on TV now and Tory front bench and many Tory back benchers now wearing them.  Can only assume an incoming and Boris to soon announce back to mask wearing in some scenarios in England.  

Purely in order to be issuing a responsible,  lead by example type of message,  the fact that there was a concerted decision taken on that side of the house to appear without face coverings is truly frightening.  Ideology driving a coach and horses over basic responsibility.  

Not party political.  They are the party in power,  like them or not.

Scottish numbers: 27 October 2021

Summary

• 2,566 new cases of COVID-19 reported* [I won't include any deltas due to the missing data]
  • 30,805 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results* [ditto]
    • 8.9% of these were positive* [ditto]
  • 27 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+7]
  • 57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-2]
  • 925 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+8]
  • 4,311,339 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,899,153 have received their second dose [+1,407; +2,020]

* Public Health Scotland identified an issue with test results reaching them from NHS Scotland labs since 6pm on 26 October. Any NHS tests received after this time will be included in data reported tomorrow (28 October).

46 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Purely in order to be issuing a responsible,  lead by example type of message,  the fact that there was a concerted decision taken on that side of the house to appear without face coverings is truly frightening.  Ideology driving a coach and horses over basic responsibility.  

I do not

Bare-bones trend stats due to today's data issue.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     25 Oct 24 Oct 23 Oct 22 Oct 21 Oct ... 1 Oct
Deaths     17 17 0   17 17 18 18 20 ... 19

All Vaccinations     4641 4810 -169   4935 4845 4966 5047 5227 ... 6572
1st Dose     2460 2612 -152   2750 2791 2893 2959 3117 ... 3705
2nd Dose     2181 2198 -17   2185 2054 2073 2088 2110 ... 2867

All in hospital     908 902 +6   895 889 879 871 865 ... 1009
Non-ICU     849 844 +5   839 835 827 821 817 ... 935
ICU     59 58 +1   56 54 52 50 48 ... 74

Footballfirst

I received my invite today for my booster + flu jabs on 12 November. I'm in the 65-69 age group and it will be 6 months and 1 day since my second dose.  It seems that the standard postal invites are progressing ok and in expected timescales.

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Is it responsible though?  There are still a large number of Tory back benchers not wearing masks and a couple of front's not doing so either.  If it is to lead by example then everyone one of them should be wearing them, like it or not.  To me it again shows a party split on agreement as to what the messaging is or should be, non wearer's just do not believe in it and want to show the public that.  Not a good stance for the party in power to have.

Or perhaps maybe the Tory non wearer's just never got the memo😃

Edited by joondalupjambo

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I received my invite today for my booster + flu jabs on 12 November. I'm in the 65-69 age group and it will be 6 months and 1 day since my second dose.  It seems that the standard postal invites are progressing ok and in expected timescales.

For you it is.  Meanwhile I know an over 80 and an over 90 who have no invite yet.  For them it's a different picture.

2 hours ago, LMc said:

There are murmurings out there that we may have turned the corner. Most of the daily infections are made up of the young; between heard immunity, vaccinating 12-15's and half term there is hope that things will stabilise.

Appalling decision not to proceed with those vaccinations in the first place; a miniscule additional individual risk prioritised against a much greater good for society, mindless, the government should of had the balls to make the call rather than hide behind the scientists. 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, cannonfoda said:

Kier Starmer has the rona.   Possibly the first decisive action he's taken.  

Actually in true Sir Keith style he's had 5 goes at isolating before finally contracting Covid. 

sums him up perfectly.

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Lucky you as I'll be over 7 months until I get mine and I'm older. 

Only arranged as I telephoned about it.

Seems a shambles. 

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Bare-bones trend stats due to today's data issue.

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     25 Oct 24 Oct 23 Oct 22 Oct 21 Oct ... 1 Oct
Deaths     17 17 0   17 17 18 18 20 ... 19

All Vaccinations     4641 4810 -169   4935 4845 4966 5047 5227 ... 6572
1st Dose     2460 2612 -152   2750 2791 2893 2959 3117 ... 3705
2nd Dose     2181 2198 -17   2185 2054 2073 2088 2110 ... 2867

All in hospital     908 902 +6   895 889 879 871 865 ... 1009
Non-ICU     849 844 +5   839 835 827 821 817 ... 935
ICU     59 58 +1   56 54 52 50 48 ... 74

👍

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Actually in true Sir Keith style he's had 5 goes at isolating before finally contracting Covid. 

sums him up perfectly.

There’s plenty things to have a go at him about but surely following the isolation rules to protect others isn’t one of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Press conference announced for Sunday evening re mask wearing guidance.

Give the churchies one more go at spreading ?

willie wallace
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Lucky you as I'll be over 7 months until I get mine and I'm older. 

Only arranged as I telephoned about it.

Seems a shambles. 

Got mine in the post today.

Appointment date is 6 months and 2 days after second jag.

Unfortunately won't be here on that day so will have to rearrange it.

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Got mine in the post today.

Appointment date is 6 months and 2 days after second jag.

Unfortunately won't be here on that day so will have to rearrange it.

👍

Scottish numbers: 28 October 2021

Summary

• 2,153 new cases of COVID-19 reported* [I'm not providing any deltas due to the data issue]
  • 37,368 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results* [ditto]
    • 6.3% of these were positive* [ditto]
  • 20 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [-7]
  • 58 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 932 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+7]
  • 4,312,204 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,900,427 have received their second dose [+865; +1,274]

*The backlog of NHS Scotland Pillar 1 lab test results that we were unable to report yesterday due to an issue affecting data flow on evening of 26 October 2021, are included in today’s newly reported figures

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Summary

• 2,153 new cases of COVID-19 reported* [I'm not providing any deltas due to the data issue]
  • 58 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1]
  • 4,312,204 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,900,427 have received their second dose [+865; +1,274]

*The backlog of NHS Scotland Pillar 1 lab test results that we were unable to report yesterday due to an issue affecting data flow on evening of 26 October 2021, are included in today’s newly reported figures

Any figure on the booster administered yet? I’ve got mine on the 5th November. 

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Any figure on the booster administered yet? I’ve got mine on the 5th November. 

Not on the PHS main daily data page, BD, but John at Travelling Tabby is tracking them (https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/) - see the "Vaccinations" chart. We're ploughing ahead with them. 1st vaccinations are down to a trickle, 2nd vaccinations too as they have to wait for the requisite gap before giving the second dose.

You won't have a problem remembering the date of your booster in any case. :)

19 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not on the PHS main daily data page, BD, but John at Travelling Tabby is tracking them (https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/) - see the "Vaccinations" chart. We're ploughing ahead with them. 1st vaccinations are down to a trickle, 2nd vaccinations too as they have to wait for the requisite gap before giving the second dose.

You won't have a problem remembering the date of your booster in any case. :)

as long as the booster doesn’t go off with a bang in my arm I’ll be fine. 

👍

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Summary

865 1st doses. I see that the vaccine passports are having an effect :lol:

Malinga the Swinga

A couple of points.

One of my neighbours felt unwell with Covid symptoms and phoned re advice on what to do to helpline. He was told to make appointment for proper test, did as requested and was given appointment in Newcastle. When he said he didn't want to travel from Edinburgh to Newcastle, they changed appointment to Dundee. He went up Tuesday. Seems strange that you can't get appointment in Edinburgh, the capital city of country.

Mother in law stays in West coast near Mull of Kyntyre. Her local health clinic arranged time for all local over 80's to come for boosters as they had done original vaccinations months back. Just before date, they had to cancel as NHS Scotland wants to send their own Mobile unit to perform boosters but as they don't have unit available, the date is as yet unknown. The management of NHS seems determined to complicate and intefere where not required with no visible benefit.

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

865 1st doses. I see that the vaccine passports are having an effect :lol:

Was in the ingliston vaccination centre yesterday it was deserted. Is really any need for something that size now ?  Seems a bit ott. 

The Mighty Thor
On 27/10/2021 at 15:00, Alex Kintner said:

There’s plenty things to have a go at him about but surely following the isolation rules to protect others isn’t one of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wasn't being entirely serious.

I'd argue the best thing he could do to protect the citizens of these islands would be to resign. 

joondalupjambo
43 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

One of my neighbours felt unwell with Covid symptoms and phoned re advice on what to do to helpline. He was told to make appointment for proper test, did as requested and was given appointment in Newcastle. When he said he didn't want to travel from Edinburgh to Newcastle, they changed appointment to Dundee. He went up Tuesday. Seems strange that you can't get appointment in Edinburgh, the capital city of country.

This sounds familiar to a previous issue that happened.  It was not the actual testing that was the problem but the lack of capacity at the centres that processed the swabs.  So it could be that the Edinburgh area swab testing ability was over capacity and that they had to send him to an area that could turn it around faster after the test.  Still strange that Newcastle was the first option and even going up to Dundee seems a pain although I can see them not wanting to send folk through to Glasgow with COP26 and all that entails travel wise.

Edited by joondalupjambo

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A couple of points.

What is a 'proper test'?

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They send you pcr tests in the post.

thats one way to get them, there i believe is also drive in test centres for them

Just now, milky_26 said:

thats one way to get them, there i believe is also drive in test centres for them

Seems mental to direct someone to another country when they can just send them one to their home though.

The late trend stats:

7-day per-100,000 cases                
Council Area WHO   Today Yesterday     26 Oct 25 Oct 24 Oct 23 Oct 22 Oct ... 1 Oct
Scotland 4   312 N/A -7   319 323 322 325 328 ... 345

Clackmannanshire 4   556 N/A -43   599 567 583 579 558 ... 328
Orkney Islands 4   433 N/A +210   223 214 228 156 112 ... 85
North Lanarkshire 4   407 N/A +23   384 398 414 401 390 ... 442
West Lothian 4   407 N/A -23   430 438 457 483 502 ... 504
Fife 4   405 N/A -11   416 413 418 424 443 ... 407
East Ayrshire 4   396 N/A -32   428 439 466 471 456 ... 440
Aberdeenshire 4   394 N/A +27   367 350 340 319 314 ... 339
Stirling 4   381 N/A -63   444 445 438 443 476 ... 366
East Lothian 4 214 348 N/A 0   348 312 316 317 313 ... 265
Dundee City 4   337 N/A -22   359 354 336 339 341 ... 427
West Dunbartonshire 4   337 N/A +21   316 327 335 318 305 ... 437
Falkirk 4   330 N/A -33   363 388 403 432 434 ... 421
Angus 4   329 N/A +24   305 306 314 323 328 ... 234
East Dunbartonshire 4   320 N/A -34   354 364 382 371 407 ... 382
Perth & Kinross 4   320 N/A -10   330 338 310 308 310 ... 304
Argyll & Bute 4   314 N/A +19   295 332 315 302 286 ... 304
South Lanarkshire 4   298 N/A -8   306 332 349 378 387 ... 382
North Ayrshire 4   291 N/A +1   290 306 309 314 328 ... 441
Renfrewshire 4   289 N/A -5   294 299 291 300 323 ... 371
Highland 4 211 282 N/A -20   302 298 270 265 248 ... 168
Scottish Borders 4   277 N/A -22   299 325 336 353 366 ... 188
South Ayrshire 4   276 N/A -14   290 302 298 314 317 ... 541
East Renfrewshire 4   275 N/A -9   284 310 324 328 335 ... 354
Moray 4   273 N/A +2   271 270 279 267 276 ... 231
Dumfries & Galloway 4   272 N/A -19   291 283 277 273 273 ... 361
Aberdeen City 4   269 N/A -6   275 263 251 248 244 ... 292
Inverclyde 4   261 N/A -43   304 296 276 274 292 ... 365
Na h-Eileanan Siar 4   257 N/A +8   249 257 287 264 264 ... 234
Midlothian 4   249 N/A 0   249 243 223 229 225 ... 327
Edinburgh City 4   240 N/A -8   248 236 223 228 232 ... 238
Glasgow City 4   222 N/A -14   236 246 243 243 243 ... 328
Shetland Islands 3   83 N/A +9   74 57 52 66 74 ... 70

7-day averages     Today Yesterday     26 Oct 25 Oct 24 Oct 23 Oct 22 Oct ... 1 Oct
Tests     29167 N/A -1018   30185 30204 29784 29946 29794 ... 35457
Cases     2436 N/A -58   2494 2522 2516 2535 2561 ... 2694
Positivity rate %     8.9 N/A +0.1   8.8 8.9 9.0 9.0 9.1 ... 8.2
Deaths     15 17 -2   17 17 17 18 18 ... 19

All Vaccinations     4204 4641 -437   4810 4935 4845 4966 5047 ... 6572
1st Dose     2168 2460 -292   2612 2750 2791 2893 2959 ... 3705
2nd Dose     2036 2181 -145   2198 2185 2054 2073 2088 ... 2867

All in hospital     910 908 +2   902 895 889 879 871 ... 1009
Non-ICU     851 849 +2   844 839 835 827 821 ... 935
ICU     59 59 0   58 56 54 52 50 ... 74

Nucky Thompson

There was 44,082 first doses given in the UK yesterday and Scotland's share was 865.

Was there any reason for this?

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Wtaf has happened in the Orkney Islands?   A 4 fold increase in a week.

They had 55 cases reported today, and two days within the last week with 17 cases. Unheard of up there. My first thought was school outbreaks, but this Orcadian article suggests general community infections and "winter events".

https://www.orcadian.co.uk/community-urged-to-pull-together-as-covid-cases-rise-by-55/

Part of the issue, according to Michael Dickson and NHS Orkney director of public health Louise Wilson, is that many of the folk who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are continuing to go to work and attend events.

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A couple of points.

Mother in law stays in West coast near Mull of Kyntyre. Her local health clinic arranged time for all local over 80's to come for boosters as they had done original vaccinations months back. Just before date, they had to cancel as NHS Scotland wants to send their own Mobile unit to perform boosters but as they don't have unit available, the date is as yet unknown. The management of NHS seems determined to complicate and intefere where not required with no visible benefit.

Do they really expect people to travel to another part of the country just for a test ? 

What if you don't drive and can't afford the travel expenses ? 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Do they really expect people to travel to another part of the country just for a test ? 

What if you don't drive and can't afford the travel expenses ? 

Then they send it to you

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic