Toby Sibbick signs on loan (official)

tartofmidlothian

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Will he be the first ever Toby to play for Hearts?

Toby Maguire played for us in the early 00's

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

• Redhelen

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Was excited because I thought we might have signed a striker or a wide player.

Bit of a let down that it’s just a 20 year old utility man who is probably not match fit.

Welcome to Hearts Toby.

We've signed a winger and a striker already

Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick 
Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick
One way ticket too  Maroon

Choo Choo train
He's oor new right back
He's doing the gengenpressing
He's no tracking back
Oooo

One way ticket to Auld Reekie toon

part_time_jambo
On 23/01/2020 at 23:05, whodanny said:

Seems Daniel knows him, played him a number of times. I trust Dan's judgement on this, a yes for me.

I'm sure he will be relieved you didn't say no.

2 hours ago, renren75 said:

Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick 
Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick

Choo Choo train
He's oor new right back
He's no tracking back
Oooo

Ban please mods.

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

He is fast, says Stendel.

Key!

It will be key. Pacey play is going to be a bigger and bigger part of our game as time goes on

Brick Tamland

Assuming that he will make his debut against Sevco on Sunday it’s going to be some baptism of Scottish Football and our famous club. The place will be bursting, there will be that level of unsavoury atmosphere because of who we are playing, the pace will be relentless and the crowd will be passionate and very vocal. I hope he has an outstanding debut and he’ll let other decent players know that this is what football is all about and Tynecastle is where you want to be playing it. 
I hope we play our part as fans in letting him see our passion for our club and, that despite being bottom of the league, we are up for the fight. 
Good luck to the boy. 

He’s the most rapid and mobile of our defenders but he does look more suited to midfield - I could even see him on the right side of a midfield 4 but also of course as a DM but one who drives forward.

He is very athletic and fast - so his pace would appear to be wasted as a sitting/holding DM

Interesting and exciting signing.

8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

This guy looks fantastic pacy strong , hearing he is to be played in midfield. 

Sounds sensible, Sean Clare is a deserved first choice at right back and central midfield is our biggest area of weakness.

Bizarrely we are fast approaching a situation where Michael Smith might be struggling to get a game.  Although for me he is the natural partner to Souttar in central defence.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Sounds sensible, Sean Clare is a deserved first choice at right back and central midfield is our biggest area of weakness.

Bizarrely we are fast approaching a situation where Michael Smith might be struggling to get a game.  Although for me he is the natural partner to Souttar in central defence.

Agree. 

Think Smith and Souttar would be our strongest pairing

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

This guy looks fantastic pacy strong , hearing he is to be played in midfield. 

Where have you seen the lad? Or is this based on the old you tube videos?

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Sounds like he's a better midfielder than he is a defender.

Yeah, in his interview in Hearts TV he mentioned that he played numerous positions for Barnsley last season. 

Think that he could play the Haring role for this team, sitting in midfield but also able to get forward too. 

Like the look of the kid

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Where have you seen the lad? Or is this based on the old you tube videos?

Spoke with a Barnsley fan ( a chap in his 50's) at a New Years bash and as well as singing the praises of DS  he suggested then that TS would be on DS radar. He believed that the "new" guy in charge at Barnsley considered TS to be a Stendel man through and through and would look to "releasing" him as soon as. So here we are!!

With a high pressing game we are now playing this is what we need a player to break down the opposition in midfield .gives us options as well , great signing imo.

34 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Behave. Sean Clare is doing well at right back but he’s not keeping Michael Smith out if it’s a choice of those two. 

Just now, Shaggy2 said:

Behave. Sean Clare is doing well at right back but he’s not keeping Michael Smith out if it’s a choice of those two. 

I prefer Smith in midfield, he has excellent energy in that position. Think Damours days are numbered, I just dont trust him not to **** up.

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Agreed. Sean has played well in the last 4-5 games but he is not a right back. His defensive judgement is naive which is totally understandable as he is not a right back, I repeat, he is NOT a right back. Smith, imo, is better as a right back and better as central midfielder. Sean won’t push smith out of any position. DS will know Toby well and will know where he is best suited. I dare say we will find that out soon enough.

Just now, cameron79 said:

I prefer Smith in midfield, he has excellent energy in that position. Think Damours days are numbered, I just dont trust him not to **** up.

I’m happy with him there. David suggested that Michael Smith may struggle to get a game. All I’m saying is that if he’s left out of midfield there’s no way Clare is preventing him from playing RB.

If that happened I’d seriously question Daniel’s judgement!

Completely agree re Damour. Needs an improvement of Clare proportions and more or he’s done.

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m happy with him there. David suggested that Michael Smith may struggle to get a game. All I’m saying is that if he’s left out of midfield there’s no way Clare is preventing him from playing RB.

If that happened I’d seriously question Daniel’s judgement!

Completely agree re Damour. Needs an improvement of Clare proportions and more or he’s done.

Yeah you're right on all counts there. Smith has been my best player this season and should be 1st name on the team sheet regardless of where. If only we had a cloning machine

On a separate issue (may have already been mentioned elsewhere?) I’ve been told this morning we have a Norwegian on our radar. No got a clue of identity. Any ideas? 

I’m told it could go through today and Toby, Boycie and the mystery Norwegian could all feature tomorrow...

Fort Vallance
14 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Will he be the first ever Toby to play for Hearts?

We've had a few Toby Jugs. "Google cockney rhyming"

All roads lead to Gorgie

Welcome to the club. Looks like we are going for quality this window. Long overdue! 

9 hours ago, renren75 said:

Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick 
Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick
Toby Sibbick

Choo Choo train
He's oor new right back
He's no tracking back
Oooo

Love it :lol:

unfortubately, it will never happen

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

On a separate issue (may have already been mentioned elsewhere?) I’ve been told this morning we have a Norwegian on our radar. No got a clue of identity. Any ideas? 

I’m told it could go through today and Toby, Boycie and the mystery Norwegian could all feature tomorrow...

Very very interesting 

How about this to fit in our better players (assuming Toby is up to scratch)

Pereira

Souttar__Halkett__Smith

Clare__Sibbick__Naismith__Hickey

Avdijaj__Boyce__Meshino/Washington 

Or for a back four move Smith up and go 4-3-3

Edited by BigAlim

7 hours ago, Baxfee said:

One thing I noticed from YouTube clips was he can really cross the ball. Definitely needed

Yeah noticed that aswell 👍

13 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

How about this to fit in our better players (assuming Toby is up to scratch)

Pereira

Souttar__Halkett__Smith

Clare__Sibbick__Naismith__Hickey

Avdijaj__Boyce__Meshino/Washington 

Or for a back four move Smith up and go 4-3-3

Stendel plays 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. That’s it.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Stendel plays 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. That’s it.

sound, so move smith up and move Naismith up a wee bit

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Striker, one in one out

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Agreed. Sean has played well in the last 4-5 games but he is not a right back. His defensive judgement is naive which is totally understandable as he is not a right back, I repeat, he is NOT a right back. Smith, imo, is better as a right back and better as central midfielder. Sean won’t push smith out of any position. DS will know Toby well and will know where he is best suited. I dare say we will find that out soon enough.

You are spot on, but Clare offers far more in an attacking sense than Smith. It will be interesting to see who plays where when Stendel has that choice to make.