Toby Sibbick signs on loan (official)

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I know nothing about him. Hence the reason I’ve not commented on how over or underwhelming a signing he may be. You clearly know more than just his Wikipedia profile so share your greater knowledge or stop talking about things you know nothing about to save yourself looking foolish. 

It's a public forum Gin. If you don't like other peoples opinions you're in the wrong place.

Meanwhile I'll remain underwhelmed by signing a player for the reasons that I have already stated.

Of course I will give hime 100% backing like I di with any Hearts player. Booing my own team isn't my style.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

• Redhelen

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if he comes then it shows he wants to play first team football and will work hard. He's a londoner so he ll only be coming fir the football opportunity.  Those players you  cite that think the Scottish pl is easy are often at the older end, last pay packet etc.

Also not being funny but have you seen the way your national team plays and that's mostly players from the SPFL. It really isnt up to Premiership standard.

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It's a public forum Gin. If you don't like other peoples opinions you're in the wrong place.

Meanwhile I'll remain underwhelmed by signing a player for the reasons that I have already stated.

Of course I will give hime 100% backing like I di with any Hearts player. Booing my own team isn't my style.

I love other people’s opinions but when they’re based on little to nothing it’s healthy to challenge them. 

I love other people’s opinions but when they’re based on little to nothing it’s healthy to challenge them. 

Nothing but facts, which I quoted, and opinion, which I'm entitled to.

4 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Also not being funny but have you seen the way your national team plays and that's mostly players from the SPFL. It really isnt up to Premiership standard.

Not being funny, but how many of your Premiership players are actually English?

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Nothing but facts, which I quoted, and opinion, which I'm entitled to.

Of course you are. I’m just pointing out your opinion is based on nothing. 

Just now, Spoleto said:

Nothing but facts. 

Facts about a player you’d never previously heard of, read about, seen play or gathered opinions of others about. I know. 

29 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Really? Totally predictable comment, given which poster made it. I can recommend the ignore button 

Noted.

14 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

The National team has a mix regarding the leagues where players perform. If anything though, the majority are based in England’s PL and Championship:

David Marshall (GK) – Wigan

Liam Palmer (DF) – Sheffield Wed

Andy Robertson (DF) – Liverpool

Kieran Tierney (DF) – Arsenal

Callum Paterson (DF/MDF) – Cardiff City

John McGinn (MDF) – Aston Villa

Stuart Armstrong (MDF) – Southampton 

Scott McTominay (MDF) – Manchester United

Robert Snodgrass (MDF) – West Ham United

Kenny McLean (MDF) – Norwich City

Ryan Fraser (MDF) – Bournemouth

John Fleck (MDF) – Sheffield United

Oli McBurnie (ST) – Sheffield United

Edited by MattyK82

I like the lad, nearly every other Barnsley fan as wrote him off, he’s contributed to his own down fall by wanting to play football that much he’s gone chasing positions, he needs a role and stick at it for a season or two. 

15 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I have nothing much to add except that the name Toby reminds me of Neighbours from the 80's. 

Are you Joe Mangle? :)

3 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I like the lad, nearly every other Barnsley fan as wrote him off, he’s contributed to his own down fall by wanting to play football that much he’s gone chasing positions, he needs a role and stick at it for a season or two. 

We call that the Eggert Jonsson effect but cheers for the info

22 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Do any English players actually play in the EPL?

8 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

The National team has a mix regarding the leagues where players perform. If anything though, the majority are based in England’s PL and Championship:

David Marshall (GK) – Wigan

Liam Palmer (DF) – Sheffield Wed

Andy Robertson (DF) – Liverpool

Kieran Tierney (DF) – Arsenal

Callum Paterson (DF/MDF) – Cardiff City

John McGinn (MDF) – Aston Villa

Stuart Armstrong (MDF) – Southampton 

Scott McTominay (MDF) – Manchester United

Robert Snodgrass (MDF) – West Ham United

Kenny McLean (MDF) – Norwich City

Ryan Fraser (MDF) – Bournemouth

John Fleck (MDF) – Sheffield United

Oli McBurnie (ST) – Sheffield United

How many of those started the last qualifiers as I m sure there were more from Scottish teams. I am willing to stand corrected though as you obviously all know far more than me about your country's football 

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Do any English players actually play in the EPL?

Off the top of my head Rashford, Mountford, Maguire, Henderson, Pickkford, Sterling, Abraham, Stones,  all in England squad and in PL.

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Of course you are. I’m just pointing out your opinion is based on nothing. 

Nothing but facts and opinion you mean.

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Facts about a player you’d never previously heard of, read about, seen play or gathered opinions of others about. I know. 

No Ginny,

Facts like he's played the majority of his low number of games in League 1 and facts like he can't get a game for his own team, and fcntl like he is only 20 and not played at a high level. And now thanks to a poster above, the fact that his own supporters don'r rate him.

You know, those kinds of facts.

So I'll continue to remain uninspired by this signing. Thanks all the same 🙂

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

Off the top of my head Rashford, Mountford, Maguire, Henderson, Pickkford, Sterling, Abraham, Stones,  all in England squad and in PL.

Plus Trent Alexander Arnold, Kyle Walker, Harry Kane, Dele Ali, Joe Gomez, Ben Chilwell, James Maddison, Alex Oxlade Chamberlin, Tyron Mings, Danny Rose, Calum Hudson Odoi, 

9 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Believe it or not but Halkett was recommended to Hearts as a youngster as a striker but he ended up at Ibrox. 

9 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I know he was a striker years ago.

is he not still one of our top scorers this season?

Halkett played up front and scored when Rangers beat Hearts on penalties in the 2014 Youth Cup final. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27403333

Top scorer with 5 this season all in Cup games. 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Plus Trent Alexander Arnold, Kyle Walker, Harry Kane, Dele Ali, Joe Gomez, Ben Chilwell, James Maddison, Alex Oxlade Chamberlin, Tyron Mings, Danny Rose, Calum Hudson Odoi, 

Those were next on my list!

Just now, Spoleto said:

No Ginny,

Facts like he's played the majority of his low number of games in League 1 and facts like he can't get a game for his own team, and fcntl like he is only 20 and not played at a high level. And now thanks to a poster above, the fact that his own supporters don'r rate him.

What do you mean no. You know nothing about him other than he’s played a good number of games in League 1 and the Championship despite only being 20 years old. 

is this the post you refer to where NIGHTMARE says he likes him. Did you deliberately miss that part out. 

16 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Halkett played up front and scored when Rangers beat Hearts on penalties in the 2014 Youth Cup final. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27403333

Top scorer with 5 this season all in Cup games. 

I was at the youth cup final he played at centre half it was Gallagher who was upfront for rangers 

7 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

How many of those started the last qualifiers as I m sure there were more from Scottish teams. I am willing to stand corrected though as you obviously all know far more than me about your country's football 

In the most recent qualifiers, both of which Scotland won, there probably were more Scottish based players in the starting line ups.

However, the reason being a number of the EPL players who would likely start couldn’t play due to injury.

If anything, by Scotland winning these matches, without a number of regular starters, it showed the standard of football in Scotland isn’t as bad as is commonly thought south of the border 👍🏼 

This Argument is strengthened by the fact a number of players who were originally based in Scotland have gone into flourish in the EPL.

Auldreekie1874
7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

No Ginny,

Spoleto

• Not one of the sheep

:qqb006:

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What do you mean no. You know nothing about him other than he’s played a good number of games in League 1 and the Championship despite only being 20 years old. 

is this the post you refer to where NIGHTMARE says he likes him. Did you deliberately miss that part out. 

No Ginny, I chose to concentrate on his comment "nearly every other Barnsley fan has wrote him off"

Just now, Spoleto said:

No Ginny, I chose to concentrate on his comment "nearly every other Barnsley fan has wrote him off"

I know you did because you’d already made up your mind after your extensive research on Wikipedia 😂😂😂

I know you did because you’d already made up your mind after your extensive research on Wikipedia 😂😂😂

I don't know why anyone still bothers with him

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I know you did because you’d already made up your mind after your extensive research from Craig Levein 😂😂😂

FTFY

49 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Majority of the Scotland starters are from the EPL - Robertson Mctominay McGinn McBurnie Armstrong Fraser Tierney Fleck McLean etc etc then add some Celtic and a player or two from Hearts  Kilmarnock and Jack at Rangers

14 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I was at the youth cup final he played at centre half it was Gallagher who was upfront for rangers 

Yeah. Fair enough. But when he scored Halkett was playing up front. 

Absolute Scenes

A certain James Dunne had only played for Barrow and Accrington Stanley before joining us on loan....and the level he’d played didn’t stop him being outstanding for us. Can we make it a new rule on kickback that you can’t write a player off unless a) you have personally seen them play extensively and know everything about them b) have played at least 10 games for hearts?

The Treasurer
25 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Judging the standard of a league based on their national team is a bit pointless.

The fact remains the majority of English fans and "experts" wrongly judge the standard of Scottish football when in reality the standard of the MAJORITY of English football is very little different, despite the money spent on very average players.

Anyway we're getting off topic (which happens a lot on here).

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You do know you're debating  with a Hiibs troll ? he's been outed frequently , disappears for a few days then reappears chatting the same old Shite 

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Which in reality means "me and a couple of my mates in the pub"

Just now, ramrod said:

You do know you're debating  with a Hiibs troll ? he's been outed frequently , disappears for a few days then reappears chatting the same old Shite 

Disappears for a few days when we get the odd half decent result. I know mate. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Which nation? We have many represented on this board :)

Just now, GinRummy said:

Disappears for a few days when we get the odd half decent result. I know mate. 

Yep   I believe the sneaked a win against Hamilton during the week 😜

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Nothing but facts and opinion you mean.

How about this for a fact.

You still haven't had the bottle to explain to me why you called me a liar, you did a runner.

Fact.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Yep   I believe the sneaked a win against Hamilton during the week 😜

Haha. Nothing from him last weekend but you watch if we get beat on Sunday he’ll be absolutely prolific. 

Say What Again
2 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Got a lot of stick from sections of the crowd at Oakwelk, became a bit of a whipping boy which I felt was unfair,  we had an entirely new to the championship back line and they were all struggling to find their feet. Personally I think he played better when he was shifted forward.  Looking at the standard of Scottish football I'm sure he could do well for you and from his pov playing every week will be better than warming the bench. He also was part if the AFC Wimbledon team that escaped relegation last season despite most predicting them to go down, so he should be up for the fight 

42 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Thanks for your thoughts on the boy. Appreciated 👍

Both guys that have come in are only on 6 months deals. 

Hopefully we have an option to get them for longer if they turn out to be decent additions.