Toby Sibbick signs on loan (official)

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Both guys that have come in are only on 6 months deals. 

Hopefully we have an option to get them for longer if they turn out to be decent additions. 

Sensible with relegation looming.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

• Redhelen

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hopefully we have an option to get them for longer if they turn out to be decent additions. 

I looks like DS is going for a short term fix in this window which while can be a little disheartening for next season you can hardly blame him. With that in mind the  length of deals not a surprise. 

43 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

How many of those started the last qualifiers as I m sure there were more from Scottish teams. I am willing to stand corrected though as you obviously all know far more than me about your country's football 

I honestly wouldn't get into a debate about English football v Scottish football.

Some on here won't hear a bad word about our league/standard while some think English football is the be all and end all. As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

For what it's worth, I think your assessment is pretty reasonable. Most Scottish Premiership teams are in and around lower Championship/League One.

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I looks like DS is going for a short term fix in this window which while can be a little disheartening for next season you can hardly blame him. With that in mind the  length of deals not a surprise. 

The Sibbick loan length is typical of the loans you get in at this part of the season.  Avdijaj is a bit more surprising given he may end up with some resale value but there might be options to keep him if we stay up.

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

How about this for a fact.

You still haven't had the bottle to explain to me why you called me a liar, you did a runner.

Fact.

Is that a fact?

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Which nation? We have many represented on this board :)

As Hearts is a teami n Scotland I obviously meant Scotland.  Would be very English arrogant to mean England!

Just now, GinRummy said:

The Sibbick loan length is typical of the loans you get in at this part of the season.  Avdijaj is a bit more surprising given he may end up with some resale value but there might be options to keep him if we stay up.

I get that but the point I was meaning is I’d imagine if we weren’t in relegation bother he’s be going for permanent deals. 

Just now, Dazo said:

I get that but the point I was meaning is I’d imagine if we weren’t in relegation bother he’s be going for permanent deals. 

Yeah I agree. Can’t think past the end of the season as things stand. 

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I know you did because you’d already made up your mind after your extensive research on Wikipedia 😂😂😂

What exactly have I made my mind up about Ginny?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

As Hearts is a teami n Scotland I obviously meant Scotland.  Would be very English arrogant to mean England!

Multi cultural and inclusive society :) 

Scottish national team going through a bad phase at the moment, England are winning too much :wink:

Just now, GinRummy said:

Yeah I agree. Can’t think past the end of the season as things stand. 

Absolutely, unless of course the  opportunity turns up to get a bit of proven quality tied up. 

Just now, Spoleto said:

What exactly have I made my mind up about Ginny?

To be underwhelmed. You had already stated that before the Barnsley fans comments. Why? Have you made up your mind about something else?

8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

First our new striker/winger is the next Aguero, just a bit miss understood and now this revelation? Wow. 

Maybe you need to get yourself booked in for an eye test. 

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm surprised we keep going for Barnsley players when they think we're due them money. 

Do they still think that?

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Who would he replace in our team at the moment?

Smith at midfield allowing him to move back to defence maybe. Maybe Halkett. Maybe go to three at the back. Maybe just cover. Might not fancy Irving or Bozanic every game. 

Worst player on the park against Reading. Gave away a terrible foul on the edge of the box having halved an opponent and should have been sent off, that after only being on the park for 5 minutes. Looked devoid of any skill constantly givong the ball away. I really hope he was having an off day😟

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Eh, no, we both don't.

:)

I'm waiting, and I will wait for ever. Simply because you talk utter shite.

Funnily enough Stendels interpretation has never been denied by Berra, similarly to you not being able to explain why I was not telling the truth.

Shuffle along now lad

11 hours ago, Gershwin said:

He was starting every week. He isn't now under the new manager. That's how I read it anyway.

Correct the report says he has not played since December 11.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

:)

I'm waiting, and I will wait for ever. Simply because you talk utter shite.

Funnily enough Stendels interpretation has never been denied by Berra, similarly to you not being able to explain why I was not telling the truth.

Shuffle along now lad

You are talking to a person who, on the announcement of the Berra news, encouraged CB to take the club for all the money he could get. Just saying like. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If he can play 3 positions, and we have regular injuries to Smith and Haring, plus I reckon DS deep down knows Clare is a sticking plaster at right back, useful addition.

11 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Nice to see Barnsley still dealing with us.  Hopefully they weren’t offended being called tin pot loads.  

Who’s he replacing?  I wouldn’t imagine he will be swapping the Barnsley bench for ours?  I’m happy with our back two at the moment and would be annoyed if it’s broken up tbh. 

At the end of the day money talks. No point in holding grudges if you can offload a player the new manager doesn't want.

Haring is out still. And Irving and Bozanic won't play every week so I reckon this guy will line up with Smith in the middle.

Keep Clare at right back imo.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

You are talking to a person who, on the announcement of the Berra news, encouraged CB to take the club for all the money he could get. Just saying like. 

I know. It was calling me out for telling untruths, but never had the decency to tell me what the truth was. I thought that would be worthy of a ban myself :whistling:

30 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Going by this he can motor and put in a decent cross. Now we need someone in the middle who can score!

Ok, so it's a short youtube video, BUT. he seems pretty mobile, can tackle and cross a ball (novelty for us at the moment).  Wonder if RB would be his preferred position but great if he is versatile.  

Love the idea of getting legs and energy in the team, we are so one paced and have been for some time.

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

No Ginny,

Facts like he's played the majority of his low number of games in League 1 and facts like he can't get a game for his own team, and fcntl like he is only 20 and not played at a high level. And now thanks to a poster above, the fact that his own supporters don'r rate him.

You know, those kinds of facts.

So I'll continue to remain uninspired by this signing. Thanks all the same 🙂

Who do you want us to sigh. Van Dyk or maybe Maguire.

Manager knows enough about player to think he’s good enough and signed him in the summer. That’s enough for me.

Had you heard of Jimmy Dunne before he signed. He’d been on loan at Barrow.

So forgive me if you are uninspired but Hearts supporters dong give a toss about what you think. 

Maybe your chums like Sergei on dot net will be happier with you 

Just now, merseyjambo said:

Manager knows enough about player to think he’s good enough and signed him in the summer. That’s enough for me.

So forgive me if you are uninspired but Hearts supporters dong give a toss about what you think. 

Best ignored.

13 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

If you're happy for us to sign a young player that can't get a game for Barnsley that's fine by me. 

I'll remain uninspired thanks.

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Best ignored.

just block him.. it’s superb.. probably still over over here defending that clown Levein and his cronies 

Just now, Spoleto said:

If you're happy for us to sign a young player that can't get a game for Barnsley that's fine by me. 

I'll remain uninspired thanks.

You come in for a lot of criticism on here some of which is unfair but when you make posts like this you're your own worst enemy.

At least give the lad the a chance before you feel uninspired.  It is obvious DS is a slave to a system and he probably thinks this young lad could play an influential part in implementing it.

Who did you want us to sign?  Messi?

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

just block him.. it’s superb.. probably still over over here defending that clown Levein and his cronies 

To be fair i have plenty blocked on both sides of the Levein argument👍

Just now, JamboAl said:

You come in for a lot of criticism on here some of which is unfair but when you make posts like this you're your own worst enemy.

At least give the lad the a chance before you feel uninspired.  It is obvious DS is a slave to a system and he probably thinks this young lad could play an influential part in implementing it.

Who did you want us to sign?  Messi?

JamboAl, I'm not attacking the player, and if you look above I've already said that he'll get my full backing, as I would give it for ANY hearts player taking the pitch. 

The reality is that a young player who hasn't been playing football is unlikely, in my opinion, to get us out of the hole that we're in, no matter how much I pray otherwise.

12 hours ago, cosanostra said:

He's starting every week for Barnsley? Wonder why they'd let him go then.

He's not started any of their last 4 games

6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If Stendel wants him then I am happy. 

This is my take on it as well. I know nothing about him but any manager ultimately succeeds or fails based on these decisions. 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I think you'll find it's all based on what league we're in come the end of May. Still in the SPFL then we'll have already agreed the option to sign them on longer deals. Championship.......see ya player and thanks for nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

JamboAl, I'm not attacking the player, and if you look above I've already said that he'll get my full backing, as I would give it for ANY hearts player taking the pitch. 

The reality is that a young player who hasn't been playing football is unlikely, in my opinion, to get us out of the hole that we're in, no matter how much I pray otherwise.

Fair enough but it does sound if you're not fully behind the manager.   You're fully entitled to your opinion.

However you also said

DS knows the player and possibly thinks he is ideal for the system he wants to play whereas the Barnsley manager maybe just thinks he doesn't suit their system.

PS - What you say will turn out to be right or wrong but at least you're not a merchant of hindsight.