Toby Sibbick signs on loan (official)

tartofmidlothian

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If you're happy for us to sign a young player that can't get a game for Barnsley that's fine by me. 

I'll remain uninspired thanks.

Are you really that numb???

Guy played against DS’s teams last season and impressed DS enough to go out and sign him. 

DS gets sacked, new manager comes in and doesn’t fancy him as a player And moves him out to get more game time and off wage bill. Does that scenario sound familiar???? I think some of guys are suffering from the same.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

• Redhelen

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I doubt they do, Dave. 'Flying a kite' as quoted at the AGM. 

That’s my thoughts as well as it’s all gone quiet. 

kingantti1874
Just now, JamboAl said:

Whether he's on IGNORE or not you still obviously manage to read his posts.

Na you can see folk quoting him and feel bad that they haven’t blocked yet

Just now, Cruyff said:

Troll of the year 2019 bringing his form into 2020 but despite his efforts to retain his crown, JiH still leads. 

I suppose it's just the Natural Order.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Do they still think that?

Not sure. 

They seemed pretty adamant at the time and I've not heard anything about it being resolved. 

I think we just dingyed them 🤷‍♂️

43 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If you're happy for us to sign a young player that can't get a game for Barnsley that's fine by me. 

Thoughts on Jake Mulraney before he joined us? 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thoughts on Jake Mulraney before he joined us? 

Tbh, I was ambivalent about it. 

And if you check back my posting history you will see I backed Clare and suggested Mulraney was poor when others were attacking him and promoting Mulraney.

20 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Not sure. 

They seemed pretty adamant at the time and I've not heard anything about it being resolved. 

I think we just dingyed them 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, think it was just bluster on their part. 

35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Fair enough but it does sound if you're not fully behind the manager.   You're fully entitled to your opinion.

However you also said

DS knows the player and possibly thinks he is ideal for the system he wants to play whereas the Barnsley manager maybe just thinks he doesn't suit their system.

PS - What you say will turn out to be right or wrong but at least you're not a merchant of hindsight.

Ah, now that's a different question JamboAl.

I 100% want Stendel to succeed. 

Is the jury out on him? For me, at the moment yes, until performances and results improve.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Souttar wasn’t getting regular game time at United before we signed him.

The Mercer Takeover

Suspect Halkett's days may be numbered.

He's really slow and still looks like he is overweight.

Scores goals though.....

1 minute ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Scores goals though.....

At the beginning of the season pundits and posters here almost unanimously were hailing his signing as a complete bargain and he was being touted for a Scotland call up.  Given that he's still working his way back after injury I'd really hope this could be worked through...

Hearts have agreed terms to sign the versatile Barnsley youngster Toby Sibbick on loan until the end of the season. He is due to complete paperwork in Edinburgh this afternoon and become manager Daniel Stendel's second signing.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-agree-terms-sign-barnsleys-toby-sibbick-loan-1374800

Edited by Tyniestemper

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Scores goals though.....

Better not read the Evening News then :)

Chris Wilder, he played overlapping centre backs, wouldn't mind seeing any our centre backs doing that, if we could get the right cover in midfield.

13 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

At the beginning of the season pundits and posters here almost unanimously were hailing his signing as a complete bargain and he was being touted for a Scotland call up.  Given that he's still working his way back after injury I'd really hope this could be worked through...

He's playing in a completely different defensive zone now and perhaps not suited to how Stendel wants to play. At Livi he'd sit on the edge of the box for 90 minutes winning headers and inviting pressure. At Hearts he's going to be on the halfway line and required to run back towards goal chasing long balls over the top. It'll be interesting to see how Stendel manages him.

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Going by this he can motor and put in a decent cross. Now we need someone in the middle who can score!

Every clip he is playing right back looks pretty decent to me fast strong good control 

👌

Captain Canada

It's great we've signed someone else that Stendel wants. If he's a holding midfielder it will be interesting to see who drops out. Smith could go back to right back but then where does Clare play? 

And I also wonder what it means for Damour and Bozanic's chances of getting any game time between now and the end of the season. I highly doubt Stendel has brought him in to warm the bench. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We must be trying to offload Damour...

And I think we had competition for his signature when he signed so I’d hope we could get that done in a week....

Absolute Scenes
39 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Scores goals though.....

Halkett is not even playing to his best just now and is still looking okay

He wont be leaving imo. He offers us versatility, goals. Always a danger in the box, just needs to improve positioning etc

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

I looks like DS is going for a short term fix in this window which while can be a little disheartening for next season you can hardly blame him. With that in mind the  length of deals not a surprise. 

True tbf. 

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

I looks like DS is going for a short term fix in this window which while can be a little disheartening for next season you can hardly blame him. With that in mind the  length of deals not a surprise. 

TBF I think is the right policy. If we were safely mid table looking towards Europe, I’d maybe question it but the fact that we are not guaranteed to be playing SPL football next year, do we want to sign someone on massive wages when there will be lower income. Other side is they might not be wanting to play second tier football in Scotland next year.

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

TBF I think is the right policy. If we were safely mid table looking towards Europe, I’d maybe question it but the fact that we are not guaranteed to be playing SPL football next year, do we want to sign someone on massive wages when there will be lower income. Other side is they might not be wanting to play second tier football in Scotland next year.

Yep. Not getting relegated is the priority and if short term signings are his way to get us out of bother then that’s what we’ll have to accept. 

3 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

It's great we've signed someone else that Stendel wants. If he's a holding midfielder it will be interesting to see who drops out. Smith could go back to right back but then where does Clare play

And I also wonder what it means for Damour and Bozanic's chances of getting any game time between now and the end of the season. I highly doubt Stendel has brought him in to warm the bench. 

Doing ok at wingback atm.....!

3 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Scores goals though.....

Halkett will do just now, we've got Clevid and Smithy that can play there too but I can see us looking to improve that position in the summer. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Halkett will do just now, we've got Clevid and Smithy that can play there too but I can see us looking to improve that position in the summer. 

Be lots of movement in the summer when players out of contract I'd imagine 

21 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Doing ok at wingback atm.....!

Seems he can play CB although suggested he needs to develope into that role and as well as wingback he can play defensive midfield and only 20.

I did see that he is contracted to Barnsley until June 2023 but then if he is out of favour and does well for us then who knows what might happen.

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Seems he can play CB although suggested he needs to develope into that role and as well as wingback he can play defensive midfield and only 20.

I did see that he is contracted to Barnsley until June 2023 but then if he is out of favour and does well for us then who knows what might happen.

we’re airing on the side of caution, we’ve loaned out 3 players that aren’t up to Championship football, but we’d have to spend money on players of the same standard should we be relegated, so to my mind we’re sending them out to get game time and experience in the hope that they’ll be ready to go next season. If we stay up we my well sell them. 

4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Ah, now that's a different question JamboAl.

I 100% want Stendel to succeed. 

Is the jury out on him? For me, at the moment yes, until performances and results improve.

Because they haven’t improved? 
Performances are way better. We’re trying to win games. Keeping clean sheets, Goalscorer in and draws will become wins. Cheer up FFS!

8 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

we’re airing on the side of caution, we’ve loaned out 3 players that aren’t up to Championship football, but we’d have to spend money on players of the same standard should we be relegated, so to my mind we’re sending them out to get game time and experience in the hope that they’ll be ready to go next season. If we stay up we my well sell them. 

Hope Sibbick plays a blinder up here and Barnsley regret not keeping him in their relegation fight :D

33 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Well if they aren't up to Chapionship football then they will hardly be any good to us in the SPL.

We have spent money on Boyce who has shown previously that he is a n SPL player.

30 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well if they aren't up to Chapionship football then they will hardly be any good to us in the SPL.

We have spent money on Boyce who has shown previously that he is a n SPL player.

Doesn’t work like that. Some guys who struggle at that level do well up here while some guys who do well up here struggle down there. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Doesn’t work like that. Some guys who struggle at that level do well up here while some guys who do well up here struggle down there. 

I think he was talking about us loaning players to the Chapionship in Scotland such as Wighton to Arbroath. Maybe I have that wrong but that was my take on it.

Just now, wavydavy said:

I think he was talking about us loaning players to the Chapionship in Scotland such as Wighton to Arbroath. Maybe I have that wrong but that was my take on it.

My mistake then read it out of context. Sorry