Toby Sibbick signs on loan (official)

tartofmidlothian

11 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Now now I thought we were all friends here!

Out of the two clubs Barnsley are far, far more likely to be relegated than Hearts.

We’ll be out the zone within a fortnight and once we’re out we won’t be dropping back down.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

• Redhelen

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Mowatt looks the pick of the bunch but various Championship teams could pay him 10k a week easily. Would be an incredible signing but we're probably not shopping in that market yet.

Got a feeling Thiam will be a Hearts player by the weekend though.

The same was being said about Boyce though. He would jump at the chance to go to Sunderland or a Championship club.

3 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Shit stirring article and Akex has  a one year added option. He's just as likely to get a chance for Scotland playing at a higher placed championship club and I think he's more likely to choose an offer from there. Bear in mind as well that although I think Daniel will do the job for you, at the moment relegation looks a  real possibility. 

You may well be correct however I don't see where you get the shit stirring bit from?

Edited by wavydavy

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The same was being said about Boyce though. He would jump at the chance to go to Sunderland or a Championship club.

The thing is, it's our press that always  say the championship or even league 1 is a more attractive prospect, will they ever promote our game to try to improve it?  Maybe if they ever realise Rangers and Celtic hold back the league with their constant power grab and cherry picking the best players just so other teams cant play them our league can improve further.

That's todays old firm rant out the way! 

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

True. Same with Sean Clare even. 

2 minutes ago, brux said:

The thing is, it's our press that always  say the championship or even league 1 is a more attractive prospect, will they ever promote our game to try to improve it?  Maybe if they ever realise Rangers and Celtic hold back the league with their constant power grab and cherry picking the best players just so other teams cant play them our league can improve further.

That's todays old firm rant out the way! 

That's an impossible dream for the Scottish Press and Media. They are totally in awe of the old firm and think our football would die without them when in reality the exact opposite would happen.

They also think that every player is motivated by money only which may be the case for the old firm players but not for the rest.

Boyce may well have been able to have gone to another English club on more money but chose us because of our Manager and what he knows about our club and atmosphere etc. 

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Out of the two clubs Barnsley are far, far more likely to be relegated than Hearts.

We’ll be out the zone within a fortnight and once we’re out we won’t be dropping back down.

We’ll be above the drop zone and playoff zone after Sun I reckon. Hibs to beat St Mirren on Sat and Celtic to beat Hamilton on Sun. And we’ll beat St Johnstone by a few so our GD is nicer 😎

51 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That fool Dodds was still championing last night that Boyce should have gone to Sevco not Hearts.  Celtic, maybe, but Sevco?

11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

That fool Dodds was still championing last night that Boyce should have gone to Sevco not Hearts.  Celtic, maybe, but Sevco?

All you have to do is have a look at these so called pundits and the vast majority are either old firm fans or mentally deficient. Some may well be both.

They just cannot see the wood for the trees.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

You may well be correct however I don't see where you get the shit stirring bit from?

Just the tone about him raiding Barnsley for players given the fall out with the board. 

As I've said if Alex does come to you it speaks volumes on Stendel s qualities as a manager.

1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

Just the tone about him raiding Barnsley for players given the fall out with the board. 

As I've said if Alex does come to you it speaks volumes on Stendel s qualities as a manager.

I think that is just par for the course. You see it with virtually every Manager when they leave a club and join another they try to bring in those they know and trust.

Hardly think the fall out with the board can be that bad considering they allowed Sibbick to come to us.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I think that is just par for the course. You see it with virtually every Manager when they leave a club and join another they try to bring in those they know and trust.

Hardly think the fall out with the board can be that bad considering they allowed Sibbick to come to us.

Things were shall we say fraught at the time the article was writtenot.  

2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Things were shall we say fraught at the time the article was writtenot.  

So if things are that bad why did Barnsley allow one of your players to join Hearts on loan that had nothing to do with the newspaper article.

I honestly don't think there was any intent in the article to stir up any problems between our clubs they were just highlighting a few possible signings that Stendel may fancy.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

So if things are that bad why did Barnsley allow one of your players to join Hearts on loan that had nothing to do with the newspaper article.

I honestly don't think there was any intent in the article to stir up any problems between our clubs they were just highlighting a few possible signings that Stendel may fancy.

Maybe not but it was written back in December . Apparently Thiam, Cavare and Pinnilios have all declined deals elsewhere so will be staying with us for the present.  

4 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Maybe not but it was written back in December . Apparently Thiam, Cavare and Pinnilios have all declined deals elsewhere so will be staying with us for the present.  

There was suggestions up here that DS was trying to get Thiam in this window but if you are correct then that one is dead and buried.

Our local papers are saying he is still trying to get a striker in and we are also being linked with a German Midfielder Marcel Langer from Schalke 04.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There was suggestions up here that DS was trying to get Thiam in this window but if you are correct then that one is dead and buried.

Our local papers are saying he is still trying to get a striker in and we are also being linked with a German Midfielder Marcel Langer from Schalke 04.

Hope he gets his man. It's interesting to see who he signs off his own bat without the restraints our board put on him.

Edited by Redhelen

5 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Hope he gets his man. It's interesting to see who he signs off his own bat without the restraints our board put on him.

Well we won't have long to wait to find out only another day to go before the window slams shut.

They were saying that Langer could sign a pre contract agreement to join in the summer if they fail to get a deal done by tomorrow.

Edited by wavydavy

50 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well we won't have long to wait to find out only another day to go before the window slams shut.

They were saying that Langer could sign a pre contract agreement to join in the summer if they fail to get a deal done by tomorrow.

That's pretty much par for the course these days.

Just getting in a Langer golf pun before everyone else does!

5 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Insignificant wee p....k     (dodds)

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's pretty much par for the course these days.

Just getting in a Langer golf pun before everyone else does!

Very good although I got my info from a little "birdie".

tartofmidlothian

He was very good in the first half today, but went off the boil a bit in the second. Don't know if that was his fault, the whole team's confidence dipped.

He got a sore one in the side near the end of the first half. It was right in front of us in the south stand.

Struggled on until the break but maybe never recovered. 

4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He was very good in the first half today, but went off the boil a bit in the second. Don't know if that was his fault, the whole team's confidence dipped.

Agreed.  Seem to get winded quite badly just before half time and I think he struggled after that.  Totally strolled the first 30 mins.  Him and Boyce are on a different level from typical signings in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He picked up a rib injury just before half time, and seemed to struggle the 2nd half until substituted.

Didnt make a few covering runs and looked to be struggling to breathe.

Out for 6 months probably by recent standards (not ITK)

tartofmidlothian

I have a feeling keeping Toby fit is going to have a massive say in the rest of the season. We've been shit since the minute he got injured on Saturday.

So since the break we’ve picked up injuries to Smith, Hickey and now Sibbick. 

There are problems wit the new coach and clearly with the GK but we said to stay up Hearts need to get some breaks with injuries and we’re not. 

56 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

So since the break we’ve picked up injuries to Smith, Hickey and now Sibbick. 

There are problems wit the new coach and clearly with the GK but we said to stay up Hearts need to get some breaks with injuries and we’re not. 

Sibbick isn’t inured 

54 minutes ago, kila said:

Sibbick isn’t inured 

What’s his issue then - lack of match fitness? He seemed to get an injury at the end of the first half against Saints and was poor in the second half before going off. He also tired against Rangers. 

scott herbertson
57 minutes ago, kila said:

Sibbick isn’t inured 

Not injured, but ill. My never ITK mate was on a plane up from London yesterday afternoon and Sibbicks GF who was also travelling up confirmed this

letsalldothebeattie

We badly miss his presence in the middle of the park. He’s a physical player and we miss that badly just now. Our midfield is too lightweight. 
When is he likely back?

3 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

A lot of hope and pressure being piled on the shoulders of a young inexperienced kid. 

That’s where we are unfortunately. . 

The Old Tolbooth
13 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

A lot of hope and pressure being piled on the shoulders of a young inexperienced kid. 

Sadly you're right, however the only other midfielder that I trust to run things in there is out long term injured, Sibbick looked decent in his games he's played so far, but it's still too early to judge the kid yet I reckon, just like it's too early to judge Langer, although anyone who tries to break Scott Brown's legs is fine by me! :D