• Spoleto

• Redhelen

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Well this makes for good reading 😎

He had a superb game . 

First 10 mins he looked a bit shell shocked but he settled down after that . 

Broke up play and used the ball very well . 

The crowd got right behind him and he seemed to thrive and grow in confidence. Looks a tremendous bit of business by Stendel . 

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Me too. He was class. Funnily enough my mate was calling him “The Predator” too,

First thing I thought off when I seen him 😂

Just now, ramrod said:

He had a superb game . 

First 10 mins he looked a bit shell shocked but he settled down after that . 

Broke up play and used the ball very well . 

The crowd got right behind him and he seemed to thrive and grow in confidence. Looks a tremendous bit of business by Stendel . 

Agree with this 100%

Fozzyonthefence

Thought he was a bit off the pace to start with but grew into a really good game.  Certainly gives us more options for defensive midfield or full back if that’s his other position.

Brick Tamland

Looking forward hearing what he thought of the game, the atmosphere and the crowd. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

He’s only 20 years old, if he does well for you, I’d imagine the ugly sisters will be all over him like a rash, out bidding you should we sell. 

Will just need to wait and see 😉 could be a few surprises. 

59 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Thought he had a few nervy moments in the first half but overall very good. Covers ground so quickly and is huge. Can't see us keeping him permanently. 

Agree he was nervous and allowed others to take balls which were his.   He doesn't use his left foot much.

That's my negative thoughts, now the positive ones,   he was solid, very quick and once he gets fully fit he will be massive for us.

welcome to the Club young man.

Edited by jambosdad

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Looking forward hearing what he thought of the game, the atmosphere and the crowd. 

His post on Twitter....

Amazing feeling making my debut for @JamTarts today and to top it off, 3 points😍The fans were incredible all game. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday 🥳

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Mmm, interesting Bongo....pre arranged fee in contract?

fabienleclerq
18 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Me too. He was class. Funnily enough my mate was calling him “The Predator” too,

Soon as he came out the tunnel, he's got the hair big athletic build. Defo his nickname for me😁

Brick Tamland
6 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

His post on Twitter....

Amazing feeling making my debut for @JamTarts today and to top it off, 3 points😍The fans were incredible all game. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday 🥳

Thanks, the sort of support we showed today could be the difference in decent players coming to us from the lower leagues in England where the crowds are pish. 
He’ll be telling everyone about it and that can only be a good thing for us. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Permanent signing agreed, with initial loan just to protect against relegation? Hopefully that’s the scenario - he was superb today.

22 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Mmm, interesting Bongo....pre arranged fee in contract?

Just need to wait and see mate 😉.He isn't the only one we've had talks with that's at Barnsley. 

Just now, Garrincha said:

Permanent signing agreed, with initial loan just to protect against relegation? Hopefully that’s the scenario - he was superb today.

Just need to wait and see mate 😉.He isn't the only one we've had talks with that's at Barnsley. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, jamboj said:

One of the best debuts of recent years. Absolutely superb 

For a number of reasons 

- 20 years old

- met his team-mates for the first time within the last 48 hours

- a new alien mental type league

- playing against a Europa league last 32 or 16 team for a bottom the league team

Astounding debut from the young man.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

For an introduction into Scottish football, that was exactly what we wanted and hoped to see. Everything in a performance that Whelan refused to do.

Absolutely nailed it. Put Whelan to shame.

His break up of play was immense. never lost a tackle the whole game. 

The way Stendel hugged him when he went off subbed was special. (Apart from Naisy screaming at Stendel as to who's going left back.)

Great debut kid

8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Would rather Irving in there than the 2 of them 

Irving is improving no end under Stendel , always looking to make a forward pass . 

We Could have a real player on our hands here . 

19 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Thought he looked good at centre Midfield, but much less assured at left back.

Agree but don't think he is a left back !!

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Irving is improving no end under Stendel , always looking to make a forward pass . 

We Could have a real player on our hands here . 

Agreed, thought Irving was great today .

I thought he looked like he was lacking match sharpness but in the 2nd half he seemed more settled.

For a centre half making his debut against Rangers at centre mid and then getting shunted to left back he did fantastic.

Very pleased we've got him. Looks like the perfect foil for Irving and Naismith.

Class. Big, strong, not scared to get stuck in.

Looked knackered at the end when he came off (cramp?) but a very good debut against a tricky midfield.

jamboinglasgow

Fantastic debut. Strong and great defensively but also good with the ball at his feet. Looks like the perfect replacement for Hating (apart from Harings goals.) Hope it was match fitness which brought him off not a bad injury.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Yes. He's a strong athlete who can be great for us in midfield. He had to cover at left back today but it not his natural position

never made it today but watched on the tele, got to say the boy looked immense, didnt realise his build, looked very strong, a bit of a tank in that midfield, composed on the ball and presed, clearly knows the gameplan,  only 20 too,  superb debut young man.

I can't believe this time last week i'd never even heard of this guy. He is quality. Barnsley are now on my christmas card list.

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, bazman said:

He looked good in the middle of the park. He was getting found out at left back and rangers were targeting it at start of 2nd half. But he did well a solid debut.

He did a great job bombing forward on the left though.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Was he injured or did he just cramp up? 

Yeah, he was getting cramp treatment.

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

He did a great job bombing forward on the left though.

Yeah, he was getting cramp treatment.

Once he got settled at left back he got forward but Gerrard was telling them to aim ball at him 

Tenaciousdandy
49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't believe this time last week i'd never even heard of this guy. He is quality. Barnsley are now on my christmas card list.

Had never heard of him either. The boy had an absolutely brilliant debut. hard to believe he doesn't fit in the new managers plans at Barnsley's, our gain tho,  I'm hoping we can make the loan permanent 

Edited by Dandyman79

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just need to wait and see mate 😉.He isn't the only one we've had talks with that's at Barnsley. 

Not since the Vlad days have we pre-agreed fees just in case (Kingston and Rudi spring to mind). Could potentially be an excellent bit if business if we have an option.

As for other Barnsley players, aren’t Thiam and Mowatt available on pre-contracts? Think former is more likely than the latter but would take both in a heart beat.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I'd hope that was kind of obvious to you, given its not his position. He was asked to do a job in there and he got pass marks from me. 

Whilst in centre mid I thought he was very, very good. Really hope we can keep a hold of him. Screams of being a 'Stendel' type player and the type we need at our club.