Toby Sibbick signs on loan (official)

tartofmidlothian

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not since the Vlad days have we pre-agreed fees just in case (Kingston and Rudi spring to mind). Could potentially be an excellent bit if business if we have an option.

As for other Barnsley players, aren’t Thiam and Mowatt available on pre-contracts? Think former is more likely than the latter but would take both in a heart beat.

Mowatt was dropped at the weekend Barnsley got beat 4-2 against Portsmouth,

Ritzmaier was picked over him and I'm told he wasn't to pleased about this. 

We've had talks with both players along with a few others, both are available on pre contracts yeah 👍🇱🇻

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

• Redhelen

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We've had talks with both players along with a few others, both are available on pre contracts yeah 👍🇱🇻

Mowatt was on the bench and played some of the game. If he does move to Scotland which I really can't see, he must really want to carry on playing under Daniel. If he leaves Barnsley I can only see it being for another championship club. 

10 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Mowatt was on the bench and played some of the game. If he does move to Scotland which I really can't see, he must really want to carry on playing under Daniel. If he leaves Barnsley I can only see it being for another championship club. 

Yeah heard he wasn't pleased about being benched though, will just need to wait and see👍

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah heard he wasn't pleased about being benched though, will just need to wait and see👍

Wasn't at the game so couldn't comment. It may have been  to give him a rest but our new signing seems to be taking his spot in the diamond and he's moving deeper.

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

Wasn't at the game so couldn't comment. It may have been  to give him a rest but our new signing seems to be taking his spot in the diamond and he's moving deeper.

Yeah don't think the diamond suits tbh, think your best formation to play would be 4231 with Luke Thomas on the right, Jacob Brown on the left, Chaplin playing just behind Woodrow 👍

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

:clumshot:

We’re shite at the moment, and I think all of our players would jump at the chance to get off this sinking ship. Especially the ones with just this season remaining on their contracts. Mowatt would be a fantastic signing, and would be your best player instantly. 

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

We’re shite at the moment, and I think all of our players would jump at the chance to get off this sinking ship. Especially the ones with just this season remaining on their contracts. Mowatt would be a fantastic signing, and would be your best player instantly. 

Great that you rate him so highly but I'm not sure he'd be our best player instantly.

Even at 32, Naismith is class. Just hoping he can put his injuries behind him because we're twice as good when he's fit and playing.

3 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

He played very well today and looked pretty comfortable throughout. I hope we can keep him fit and that he plays regularly.

Looks very agile player ,  and can play in a few positons,   good start from him .🇶🇦🇶🇦👏👏👏

I’d be stunned and disappointed if there wasn’t an “option to buy” in place this lad.

Edited by DH1986

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

I’d be stunned and disappointed if there wasn’t an “option to buy” in place this lad.

I really can’t see it, it’s obvious he’s going to be a really good player once developed. 

annushorribilis III
25 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I really can’t see it, it’s obvious he’s going to be a really good player once developed. 

Why isn't he getting a game at Barnsley ? 

I thought Sibbick's fitness and athleticism marked him out from everyone else on the pitch. Hearts or Rangers. 

Looks a terrific prospect. 

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

Why isn't he getting a game at Barnsley ? 

Unfortunately our defence were all new at the start of the season and he became a bit of a whipping biy amongst sobe of our fans. The fact that he'd been in the league 1 relegation fight with Wimbledon and the fact Daniel rated him made me think that he would come good but unfortunately he's not really had time to show this at Barnsley  Really pleased for him that he had such a good debut for you yesterday.

Edited by Redhelen

19 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

For a big lad he’s incredibly athletic and mobile. 

to play the style we and yourselves want to, you need to recruit the players to do so, it’s a criteria that’s crucial when signing players, be assured if you sign a player from us he’ll suit the way you want to play. 

Atmosphere was good on Sunday, Toby, but we're only just getting started

Wait until we're 3-0 up against Hibs in the post split fixtures (because they'll end up bottom 6 :D )

On 27/01/2020 at 13:08, martoon said:

I thought Sibbick's fitness and athleticism marked him out from everyone else on the pitch. Hearts or Rangers. 

Looks a terrific prospect. 

Looked good,  but went down with cramp with 20 minutes to go, it was frantic mind you, I suppose game fitness and fitness are two different things. We'll get him up to speed soon enough.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

He looks to be an ideal replacement for Haring. If he's with us long enough to allow time for Haring to get back to fitness then even that would be a bonus. 

17 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Looked good,  but went down with cramp with 20 minutes to go, it was frantic mind you, I suppose game fitness and fitness are two different things. We'll get him up to speed soon enough.

Don't think it was cramp, think he either pulled or took a knock to his calf.

He looked far too fit to have cramp after 60 mins.

Reckon The Predator will be a big player for us over the next few months.

26 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He looks to be an ideal replacement for Haring. If he's with us long enough to allow time for Haring to get back to fitness then even that would be a bonus. 

He is onlty 20 years old and looks a decent prospect. Here's hoping DS can persuade him to stay and get a deal done with his club in the summer.

On 26/01/2020 at 23:51, NlGHTMARE said:

Interesting that the improvement in Barnsley results didn't last. Back in relegation positions. To be fair every club in the Championship can put together some results. As every club is beatable too. Even Luton won last night. 

On 26/01/2020 at 22:46, Bongo 1874 said:

Alex Mowatt - wow, I'd be amazed if he even entertained us.

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

i'm sure one of our players was stretching his mussel as he lay on the park, could have been different though, but numbers stay the same, that would be 70min, not having a dig just saying how frantic it was and those 10 minutes make a difference. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

Regardless of whether there is a clause for the end of the loan deal. Is the Barnsley ethos from their cockwomble owners not get young players in and sell them on?

There is no way therefore that he isn’t available....will he want to come and what the price is however? 

2 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

i'm sure one of our players was stretching his mussel as he lay on the park, could have been different though, but numbers stay the same, that would be 70min, not having a dig just saying how frantic it was and those 10 minutes make a difference. 

Definitely cramp mate  -  first game in 7 weeks &  it was a bit frantic! 

Cramp ended his debut prematurely. “It was my first game in seven weeks. I couldn’t move,” he said. 

20 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Whats this about? 

All football teams are sending  a football shirt that are going to be displayed at his funeral and then auctioned off for sports relief.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 26/01/2020 at 14:46, Bongo 1874 said:

Had never heard of Mowatt but he looks tailor-made for Scottish football to me and the type of midfielder we need as Irving is still young. Looks like an upgrade on Lee and Damour at least.

In his interview Sibbick mentioned he scored in Wimbledon’s 4-2 win over West Ham in the cup, I remember watching the game as well. He scored the last of the game:

12 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

"Predator "🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦 I like it,,,

On 26/01/2020 at 22:56, Redhelen said:

I also read that he has designs on getting involved in the Scotland Team as he has a Scottish father although born and capped for England.

I thought I would just remind folks of the article about who was available from Barnsley that DS might be interested in.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/out-contract-barnsley-players-daniel-21081156

24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I also read that he has designs on getting involved in the Scotland Team as he has a Scottish father although born and capped for England.

I thought I would just remind folks of the article about who was available from Barnsley that DS might be interested in.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/out-contract-barnsley-players-daniel-21081156

Mowatt looks the pick of the bunch but various Championship teams could pay him 10k a week easily. Would be an incredible signing but we're probably not shopping in that market yet.

Got a feeling Thiam will be a Hearts player by the weekend though.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Mowatt looks the pick of the bunch but various Championship teams could pay him 10k a week easily. Would be an incredible signing but we're probably not shopping in that market yet.

Got a feeling Thiam will be a Hearts player by the weekend though.

You may well be correct. The good thing is that DS wants players that can play now with energy and enthusiasm rather than "projects".

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Shit stirring article and Akex has  a one year added option. He's just as likely to get a chance for Scotland playing at a higher placed championship club and I think he's more likely to choose an offer from there. Bear in mind as well that although I think Daniel will do the job for you, at the moment relegation looks a  real possibility. 

4 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Shit stirring article and Akex has  a one year added option. He's just as likely to get a chance for Scotland playing at a higher placed championship club and I think he's more likely to choose an offer from there. Bear in mind as well that although I think Daniel will do the job for you, at the moment relegation looks a  real possibility. 

.......for Barnsley.