***Heart Of Midlothian v Glasgow Rangers Official Match Day Thread***

Bazzas right boot

Takeshi kovac
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I don't think this is a managerial bounce and I'm happy about that. What Stendel has done is quickly weeded out players that don't suit him, significantly boosted the confidence and form of players he rates and brought in some gems.

Rather than a hibs "bounce" which they got briefly with Higginbottom or even less of with Jack Ross, this is a manager with a purpose, creating a team and squad from the correct building blocks. That should lead to longevity and form that reflects the players abilities and Stendel's coaching, formation and tactics - and less just a few wins from a new guy getting jaded players briefly interested in playing/saving their skins.

Totally agree with this and if we can play like this going forward we will smash a few teams

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

Best two comments on here this afternoon:

'My Hearts are back'   :sob:

'Tynecastle is our castle' .  

tBRUkAs.png

Absolutely phenomenal! Bullied the GERS start to finish!... and gave them a goal of a start! What a difference DS is going to make going forward. Great performance, so proud of the team!😀

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

tBRUkAs.png

You mean Tyneschloß

Jambo, Goodbye

Me and some weegie watched the game in an irish bar in Thailand. Needless to say he's called it a night early. 

F****ing YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Just now, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Me and some weegie watched the game in an irish bar in Thailand. Needless to say he's called it a night early. 

F****ing YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Wonder where he is going :whistling:

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

tBRUkAs.png

Morgan my friend 

it was utterly glorious this afternoon 

I had tears in my eyes when we scored the 2nd

now in Bensons having a wee rest, the whole pub singing Bohemian Rhapsody seems to have exhausted everyone

Sensational performance from the team today. Every player was at least a 9/10 for me, including the three subs who came on and fought for everything to the to the final whistle. Was quite emotional at the end applauding the players off. Really feels like a corner has been turned now, there was no way that team weren’t getting the 3 points today, even with that absolute vagabond and merry lineman trying their best to get sevco a result today. 

Both boyce and Sibbick had brilliant debuts, and crazily now after one game, I’m starting to think that our best player this season Michael Smith may struggle to get into the team with how well Clare is doing at right back and the promising looking pairing of Sibbick and Irving in the middle of the park. Crazy how fast things change in football. 

StirlingJambo

Brilliant performance. What a difference when players fight for each other and the jersey. Unbeaten in four let’s try get a run together. 

Wee extra bonus for me also. Put Kent first goal scorer and hearts 2-1 at 80/1🤪

Just now, Ted Hastings said:

Sensational performance from the team today. Every player was at least a 9/10 for me, including the three subs who came on and fought for everything to the to the final whistle. Was quite emotional at the end applauding the players off. Really feels like a corner has been turned now, there was no way that team weren’t getting the 3 points today, even with that absolute vagabond and merry lineman trying their best to get sevco a result today. 

Both boyce and Sibbick had brilliant debuts, and crazily now after one game, I’m starting to think that our best player this season Michael Smith may struggle to get into the team with how well Clare is doing at right back and the promising looking pairing of Sibbick and Irving in the middle of the park. Crazy how fast things change in football. 

Tbf thought keeper was 8.5 😜

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Morgan my friend 

now in Bensons having a wee rest, the whole pub singing Bohemian Rhapsody seems to have exhausted everyone

So, so jealous, Frenchie!!

Enjoy your rest, your beer and the remainder of your evening.

Remember to do the Fandango!!

27 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Love the fact ,the players heads didn't drop after the orc goal ,fought back into it the manager encouraged all the way with his animation and win minded substitutions. 

Massive step today .

This.

5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Morgan my friend 

DP

Edited by Morgan

34 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

What did DS say that he came away with that? 

the interviewer has to find a negative slant. Why, I don't know?   

There we have it! A real Hearts team has turned up at Tynecastle!

Determination, fight and no lack of skill.... welcome back!

The man love I have for Daniel Stendel is getting close to that only displayed for Rudi Skacel! He’s no at Robbo level yet but he keeps this up and you never know!

Nucky Thompson

To think at one stage yesterday we were 7 points behind Hamilton. Tonight we are only 1 point behind with all the momentum.

Is it still possible to reach the top six :D

portobellojambo1
15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I don't think this is a managerial bounce and I'm happy about that. What Stendel has done is quickly weeded out players that don't suit him, significantly boosted the confidence and form of players he rates and brought in some gems.

Rather than a hibs "bounce" which they got briefly with Higginbottom or even less of with Jack Ross, this is a manager with a purpose, creating a team and squad from the correct building blocks. That should lead to longevity and form that reflects the players abilities and Stendel's coaching, formation and tactics - and less just a few wins from a new guy getting jaded players briefly interested in playing/saving their skins.

We have turned into a team who want to play going forward, will show some fight and spirit and are unwilling to surrender. We've been very patient and waited to see HMFC play like this for a long time now.

Managerial bounce it may not be, but bouncing the previous manager has certainly played a huge part. It is my birthday on Wednesday 12 February and on that evening I'll be at Parkhead. I wasn't really looking forward to it until I saw today what we can achieve when we approach football games properly. I'm quite looking forward to Parkhead now.

When you look at the strong players recovering from injuries and anyone else Daniel brings in we're building a very strong squad.

Even Bobby may well be improving under the new coach.

Bet the players are bouncing tonight.

32 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Love the fact ,the players heads didn't drop after the orc goal ,fought back into it the manager encouraged all the way with his animation and win minded substitutions. 

Massive step today .

This is the thing I'm most pleased about. A few months ago we would have ended up conceding another couple of goals and lost the match comfortably.

That was absolutely brilliant today. The team the style of play and the tactics were absolutely great as were the Hearts supporters. Tynecastle was absolutely rocking, we should all be proud of ourselves this evening. 

Bazzas right boot

Very good game. 

Coming back from a goal down making it all the sweeter. 

Can really see the pressing game taking shape, great stuff. 

Concerns remain about the ball over the top, too easy to cut us open on the counter at times but we look far more dangerous going forward. 

Missing a few players as well, but great to see the options we have now. 

Clare was very good. 

Boyce had a very good debut, every one played well. 

Even the subs, especially Uche played well. 

Only dissapointing thing was that Washington never scored! 

All that was made better by putting one up over they knuckle dragging, cheating, horrible *******s. 

Dodds on the radio chuntering on about all the chances Sevco had. Pure bullshit. They had a couple of half chances that were stymied by our defenders and keeper. Sportsound at its best.

15 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

*'Today's loss was Rangers first league defeat away from home this season, and it's fair to say that manager Steven Gerrard is not pleased. 

Speaking to Sky Sports post-match, Gerrard said today's performance is difficult to sum-up:

"It was certainly a poor performance. I didn’t recognise us from the start of the game to the finish. Hearts deserved the win, they’ve rushed us off the pitch, they’ve rattled us. They’ve dominated us in the ugly side of the game.

"You can lose a football match but when you don’t recognise your players it’s a bit of a shock." '

From the BBC page. 

That's unlikely to placate the masses. Looks like a repeat of last year for them

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

There's loads to mention but ****ing lol at Aribo taking the kick off after our 2nd goal. 

comical!Shows how rattled theyw ere

Heard Billy Dodds on Radio Scotland on the way home bleating about the number of chances Rangers missed. Hearts also missed a good number of chances and from where I was sitting had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the first half, but Dodds never mentioned any of this. 

Fantastic !!!!! and that was with 2 players making there debut ...And with Smith and Hickey to come back from injury.... there is a lot to look forward to 👍

39 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Massive step today .

This

32 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You're probably right.   We didn't get the new manager bounce.    I think the bounce was impossible until he smashed the dysfunction that existed in the dressing room and now bit by bit he's building them up.

Maybe our delayed bounce is more sustainable.     Our style will be analysed by managers and one or two might have trick or two to counter us,   but our quality should be enough to win games.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

What an OP that was.

You are the man.

Good catch, forgot I said that!! 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good catch, forgot I said that!! 

More match day thread from you👍

Daniel does not give one solitary **** about the old firms reputation. 

Bazzas right boot
On 22/01/2020 at 21:51, Smith's right boot said:

On too the next one. 

I think we'll win this. 

2-1.

On 23/01/2020 at 15:57, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Any time Tosh starts a match thread we lose.

0-3

gettyimages-74105388.jpg

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

More match day thread from you👍

Daniel does not give one solitary **** about the old firms reputation. 

Yip, tbh, most match day threads go down the pan that I start. 😂

VagabondJambo
40 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I agree with you.

Daniel has come in and immediately implemented culture change - in fact, culture shock for some.

That’s why his appointment is a landmark appointment in Hearts’ history.  Thank you Ann and all who made it happen!

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, tbh, most match day threads go down the pan that I start. 😂

I feel you may go on a roll 

1 hour ago, GlasgoJambo said:

What a way to use Uche. Must have been the last thing those Rangers boys wanted to see.

Yes - even the commentators seemed to deflate when the big man came on. Ha ha!

18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

There's loads to mention but ****ing lol at Aribo taking the kick off after our 2nd goal. 

So so so good. Even if we hadnt won that would be worth watch Sportscene for alone.