***Heart Of Midlothian v Glasgow Rangers Official Match Day Thread***

Bazzas right boot

It’s been 8 weeks? 8 weeks and the transformation is night and day. I love the fact that he hasn’t changed his approach or our approach once. Same messages for every game. Special things will happen under this manager. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

We have had some truly awful refereeing decisions / performances this season but that performance from Steven McLean today really takes the biscuit. 

Only in Scotland would a referee get away with a performance like that.

17 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

You’re on form the day 😀

When I’m happy, I’m ‘on form’.  :lol: 

How’re you doing, D?

14 minutes ago, Libertonian_II said:

Ace of Hearts with the man himself

IMG-20200126-WA0001.jpg

Hi Libertonian,

I’m pretty sure I know the wee guy in the grey polo shirt.

Are his initials RJ?

Thanks,

Morgan

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

When I’m happy, I’m ‘on form’.  :lol: 

How’re you doing, D?

Ok mate! Back in Edinburgh for a bit but in my sick bed🙁 Swear my body can’t cope with being subjected to what passes for “unseasonably warm temperatures for this time of year.” 

Was a paragon of health until freezing it out at the Airdrie game.

Not sure why they are getting so excited.theyve broke the bank to get several playerz in - there wage bill must be way above what they can afford and they have **** all to show for it.bottom of the league relagation fodder with a very lucky win over a very poor Rangers side woopday ****ing do.they are still favourites to go down and can’t repeat that performance or get lucky every game.as soon as they play away from home again they will get beat.rest assured Hearts will go down.they are absolutely ***** and I can’t get my head around why there supporters are so confident. Pish side, ***** stand, spending a fortune and they willl still go down, **** the hearts

Not just Rangers that are hurting after that :rofl: 🤣

Francis Albert
56 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just to confirm that the disallowed goal was a clear offside. About a yard in it. It matters not though!

Still worth showing in.the highlights as it would no doubt have been if at the other end.

The_razors_edge

I had to take the wife to hospital this afternoon for an MRI scan. The NHS carefully planned this for 3.05pm 🙈. So I had to record the game and avoid the score until I got home. So while you lot were celebrating scoring the 2nd goal and winning the game I’m sitting watching us go 1-0 down and expecting us to lose. So what a pleasant surprise I got when I caught up with the rest of the recording. Great performance, excellent management  and a fantastic, much needed 3 points

Henrysmithstaxi
22 minutes ago, JamboFulton said:

I hope if you’re a gambling person you backed that financially. Wonderful prediction!

I wish, but money can’t buy some things anyway and one of those things is the feeling of today.

I reckon Steven Naismith is still shouting at his teammates now.. I love it.

When Sibbick was subbed, Naismith going crazy about who was at left back- he's ****ing mental :D

9 minutes ago, Glottis said:

I reckon Steven Naismith is still shouting at his teammates now.. I love it.

When Sibbick was subbed, Naismith going crazy about who was at left back- he's ****ing mental :D

He takes no shit thats for sure. 

Best captain we've had for a while. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
49 minutes ago, Libertonian_II said:

IMG-20200126-WA0001.jpg

Bob Jones my ticketing hero in the 1990s to the fore.

Travelled on Ace of Hearts 2 on 16 May 1998. :)

been here before
9 hours ago, dazinho88 said:

Very true. 

I've gone for it, £10 on a Hearts win and a sneaky £1 on Naismith first scorer in a 2-1 Hearts win at 125/1

🤞

Five spot on a 2-1 win at 20-1.

Fair enjoyed going into Ladbrokes on the way home.

William H. Bonney
59 minutes ago, Libertonian_II said:

IMG-20200126-WA0001.jpg

Nice photo. I work with the guy in black at the front. 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

We have had some truly awful refereeing decisions / performances this season but that performance from Steven McLean today really takes the biscuit. 

Only in Scotland would a referee get away with a performance like that.

Christ , if you're saying that, he must have been truly brutal. And it's usually magnified even more by 3 assistants who will flag for f all against that lot.

53 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I had to take the wife to hospital this afternoon for an MRI scan. The NHS carefully planned this for 3.05pm 🙈. So I had to record the game and avoid the score until I got home. So while you lot were celebrating scoring the 2nd goal and winning the game I’m sitting watching us go 1-0 down and expecting us to lose. So what a pleasant surprise I got when I caught up with the rest of the recording. Great performance, excellent management  and a fantastic, much needed 3 points

I salute your restraint sir and hope your Mrs is okay.

The_razors_edge
9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I salute your restraint sir and hope your Mrs is okay.

It was very difficult but no worse than trying to keep up with the game on here 😂. Cheers, she’s fine. Just a routine MRI - she has MS so she gets them done every 6 months or so to make sure her meds are working. 

My goodwill towards her went out the window when we got home though - she kept popping through saying things like “have you seen the rangers goal yet?”, “did you see the hearts player get sent off”,  “oh, I’ve seen the score, you won’t want to watch the 2nd half”.  :muggy:

1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

It was very difficult but no worse than trying to keep up with the game on here 😂. Cheers, she’s fine. Just a routine MRI - she has MS so she gets them done every 6 months or so to make sure her meds are working. 

My goodwill towards her went out the window when we got home though - she kept popping through saying things like “have you seen the rangers goal yet?”, “did you see the hearts player get sent off”,  “oh, I’ve seen the score, you won’t want to watch the 2nd half”.  :muggy:

Haha. My Mrs knows better. She goes out if I'm watching Hearts or West Ham

1 hour ago, Libertonian_II said:

Defo RJ👍

Thanks!

I’m starting to suspect that the wee guy is a Hearts fan!

All these years, and never knew that!  :wink: 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bob Jones my ticketing hero in the 1990s to the fore.

Travelled on Ace of Hearts 2 on 16 May 1998. :)

I knew/know him as Rab.

Definitely the same wee bloke though.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

****ing wonderful to beat these horrible *******s and shut their fans up too. 

On that subject, I've a a wee look at the match thread on bearsden and there is a considerable degree of angst.  Some colourful language I'm afraid but the jist of it is that they are monumentally angry.

To be honest, I doubt if they'll even bother guarding Derry's Walls for the next wee while.

What a great day this is.  While you're all getting tucked up in bed, I'll be savouring a pint of Garage Lager at the local and toasting Daniel Stendel and his team.

Make that two pints. 🥰

The_razors_edge
26 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Haha. My Mrs knows better. She goes out if I'm watching Hearts or West Ham

My Mrs is Hearts as well but enjoys being a wind up merchant. She says she was getting me back for ruining the end of an episode of tipping point for her earlier in the day 🤣

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

On that subject, I've a a wee look at the match thread on bearsden and there is a considerable degree of angst.  Some colourful language I'm afraid but the jist of it is that they are monumentally angry.

To be honest, I doubt if they'll even bother guarding Derry's Walls for the next wee while.

What a great day this is.  While you're all getting tucked up in bed, I'll be savouring a pint of Garage Lager at the local and toasting Daniel Stendel and his team.

Make that two pints. 🥰

Good stuff, I had a pint but wanted to get home to soak up all this positive energy that Stendel has brought to the whole club.

Enjoy your pints mate.

6 hours ago, redjambo said:

I know this may controversial, but thanks Ann for getting Daniel in and for supporting him to let us get to this stage.

had Levein gone at the end of last season Stendel wouldn't be  here. strange how things can work out 

6 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

had Levein gone at the end of last season Stendel wouldn't be  here. strange how things can work out 

Good point. Yes, things can turn out strange indeed.

Perhaps part of some Budge-Levein master plan? :wink:

7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

that moment when Halkett passed through/between Kamara's legs just gets better

(in this case 3 pages of swear words+Kamara)

That was funny. Its even better when “one working leg Boyce” scores.

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier, but I thought that Defoe has totally lost his pace. 2/3 years ago, he would have had a couple of goals. Can't help thinking that's a poor bit of business by Sevco.

12 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

page 54, 

I liked 'Well done Gerrard ya tit'

Page 60 “Ready to smash up my house” :pleasing:

3 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Page 60 “Ready to smash up my house” :pleasing:

Na surely not 😂😂😂

Not sure if anyone has posted this today but saw it on twitter 

3A3C9996-02FB-4A69-AA69-118E911FDA62.jpeg

annushorribilis III
6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

'Today's loss was Rangers first league defeat away from home this season, and it's fair to say that manager Steven Gerrard is not pleased. 

Speaking to Sky Sports post-match, Gerrard said today's performance is difficult to sum-up:

"It was certainly a poor performance. I didn’t recognise us from the start of the game to the finish. Hearts deserved the win, they’ve rushed us off the pitch, they’ve rattled us. They’ve dominated us in the ugly side of the game.

"You can lose a football match but when you don’t recognise your players it’s a bit of a shock." '

From the BBC page. 

If you haven't Slippy G's interview on Sky then do check it out in the morning.

That moment when he gets asked about "bottle". 

He knows the league is gone.

What a great day. 

tell you what theres not a bigger smile on my face !! love the heart of Midlothian!!! when you think your down this club is brilliant **** the sevco **** hibs **** smeltic !!! HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME!!!

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Five spot on a 2-1 win at 20-1.

Fair enjoyed going into Ladbrokes on the way home.

Nice one!! 

I did too, especially as the wee fud behind the counter sneered and said I was crazy when I put my bets on. 

I put the slip down and said "not so daft after all" as he grudgingly slipped the £80 across the counter

:pleasing:

Edited by dazinho88

7 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

Nice one!! 

I did too, especially as the wee fud behind the counter sneered and said I was crazy when I put my bets on. 

I put the slip down and said "not so daft after all" as he grudgingly slipped the £80 across the counter

:pleasing:

Every day in life is good, some days are better than others, you deserved that for having faith (or hope) in the team!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So I had questioned how the Stendel style would work and play out against the Huns...

****ing well it transpires.

The press created the first goal with Halkett not trottingback I to his own half but staying high up the pitch and putting the tackle in that moved the ball to Boyce

Then incredibly - for us - winner comes from Boyce finding our utility left back who has bombed up the pitch in the 80th odd minute effectively as an attacking left midfielder

On tip of that the amount of time our centre backs spent in a Rangers half all game and the amount of time decent Rangers players who must have been pig sock of constantly having a Hearts player up their hoop simply couldn’t find another player in space was brilliant.

On top of that whilst not the perfect footballing display that was the Huns second lowest possession this season - topped only by their Celtic game.

AND we haven’t even perfected it yet and have still to get a couple more players in that Stendel knows can play the style.

Forgive me for not messing my pants

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

38 minutes ago, farin said:

Hitlers alive & on YouTube 😄

He's RAGING!!!!  :rofl: 

Got a cheek having a go at the referee.  :wtf:

Edited by graygo

StirlingJambo
7 hours ago, geomac said:

Well played Stirling Jambo 👍. Even funnier for you seeing the flag behind the goals when Kent scored for 'Stirling Protestant Boys' !

Cheers geomac . First time I’ve won a bet and seen Hearts win in the same weekend in a long time! Yeh get it right up them,  couldn’t paint a red neck on them.