Avdijaj signs 6 month deal

h-e-a-r-t-s

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am talking about the Walker pre rangers saga and injuries. If he rediscovered that form he would be our best player easily IMO

All about opinions I suppose but just checking you know we have Steven Naismith, who when fully fit is one of the best players in the entire division? :thumbsup: 

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Greedy Jambo

• gashauskis9

Just now, DH1986 said:

😂

What's so funny about what I said? Not getting this at all 😂

Surely folk do not have such short memories to remember how good walker was when he banged in something like 14-15 goals due the 16-17 season before his head was turned by Rangers? Then subsequent injuries took their toll?

All I am saying is if he got back to that then it really that difficult to see tbat he would he our best player or at least one of them.

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I think a fully fit, In form walker is still the best player we have. Whether he still has that in him, I dont know. 

He'll still be part of the team I reckon. 

Folk forget that wingers need rotated, they often have good spells the quiet ones. 

Having 2/3 options and maybe a young back up is perfectly normal. 

Also, although we have decent attacking options on paper, we might have a few injuries so carrying 1 or 2 extra is not a big deal. 

Meshino is also on loan, Doniis could be away in 6 months. 

Mulraney is likely to leave as well. 

I think Maclean or Uche should be moved on. 

I forgot, need to make space for Shankland as well.... 😅

Attacking options 

Wide options if Mulraney goes 

Walker, Donis, Clare, Morrison, MacDonald. Meshino 

Am options

Walker, Naismith Meshino, Donis 

Striker options 

Uche, Naismith, Maclean, Washington 

I reckon Uche and Maclean are most at risk. 

Walker is a decent player when fit, one of our few proven players in this league in fact. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

All about opinions I suppose but just checking you know we have Steven Naismith, who when fully fit is one of the best players in the entire division? :thumbsup: 

Naismiths a great player no doubt but isnt getting any younger. 

Currently, he is our best player but a fully fit, in form walker would be approaching his peak and should technically be playing the best football of his career. 

Alot of what if in my posts granted but I still think people are writing Walker off to soon. 

I think we all want the best for regardless of our opinions. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Currently, he is our best player but a fully fit, in form walker would be approaching his peak and should technically be playing the best football of his career. 

Alot of what if in my posts granted but I still think people are writing Walker off to soon. 

Regardless of age, if you are applying the fully fit and on form to any player then Naismith is head and shoulders above every single player in our squad. And of any other squad outside the Old Firm.

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What's so funny about what I said? Not getting this at all 😂

Surely folk do not have such short memories to remember how good walker was when he banged in something like 14-15 goals due the 16-17 season before his head was turned by Rangers? Then subsequent injuries took their toll?

All I am saying is if he got back to that then it really that difficult to see tbat he would he our best player or at least one of them.

That was 5 years ago.

And Walker was so damn great all he got a move to the mighty Wigan and was back up the road 18 months later.

He’s living on borrowed time at Hearts imo.

52 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I think a fully fit, In form walker is still the best player we have. Whether he still has that in him, I dont know. 

:olly:

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Interesting opinion. Personally I think bringing Jamie back was a waste of a wage and probably quite a decent wage at that.

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Interesting opinion. Personally I think bringing Jamie back was a waste of a wage and probably quite a decent wage at that.

My thoughts as well at the time

4 hours ago, Kendoll said:

Just have WhatsApp replace song sheets, sorted 😁

Would love to hear this belted out, not had a new song since the fairly tedious Since I Was Young really, or a couple of Lafferty ones. Not had much to sing about I suppose 😂

Since I was young doesn’t my head in. Not musical and all that warbling at the end just spoils it for me. More of a chant than a song/tune. The lafferty song  (Enola Gaye)  was class apart from the bigoted lyrics at the end.  Agreed there’s not been a lot to sing about of late. Any new fans joining us could learn our song book in 5 mins 

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

That was 5 years ago.

And Walker was so damn great all he got a move to the mighty Wigan and was back up the road 18 months later.

He’s living on borrowed time at Hearts imo.

Like many of the squad, they’re just going through the motions. JW has under achieved and that’s the crying shame of it. One day he’ll hang up his boots and look back with regret. He’s in the last chance saloon and needs to get his finger out and knuckle down to training. New start for him under DS but he needs to grab the initiative himself. Silly boy if he throws this chance away imo 

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Like many of the squad, they’re just going through the motions. JW has under achieved and that’s the crying shame of it. One day he’ll hang up his boots and look back with regret. He’s in the last chance saloon and needs to get his finger out and knuckle down to training. New start for him under DS but he needs to grab the initiative himself. Silly boy if he throws this chance away imo 

Yep.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Unfortunately, we haven't seen that Jamie Walker since 2017. I have my doubts but would love to see the old Walker back.

1 hour ago, MarkyMark 1874 said:

So 'eye' then , 🙄

No, it's not said as eye, you pronounce the Y.

15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

That could sum up the majority of our signings under the previous head coach.

46 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Another bad call by (sentimental) Levein.  Some players just don't adapt to family life and kids.  The burn has gone and unlikely to be rekindled.

JW was good but he's lost the edge that made him dangerous due to injury.  Since he's come back I have not seen him attack the 18 yard line and take a crack at goal. 

mahgrassyshoes

New song to the tune of Feliz Navidad hopefully 🤞

Edited by mahgrassyshoes
Quoted wrong post

8 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely. Great track record and posts clear information without attention seeking gimmicks. 👍🏻

:thumbsup:

According to statistics: Aidy White is the shortest player in the squad while Meshino is the lightest.  Donis is neither. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

How has Walker been going through the motions when he's been injured for months? He's played 15 games and has 3 goals (Meshino has 3 in 16). Give him a chance FFS. Not sure goalscoring midfielders are that easy to find and we have a more than decent one on our books.

Edited by ToqueJambo

20 hours ago, farin said:

He’s was fired from Willem 2 for breaking a club curfew & going too an Xmas market with another player the night before a match. 

Thank you farin 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, 11 Craig Leveins said:

Screenshot_20200121_174813_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

No chance in hell we'll pay 9k a week for one year let alone 3. 😂 Those are Romanov level wages. Andour first team squad is less than 30 not 40, including several like Doyle, Berra, Mulraney, Wighton who have been released or dropped from the first team.

Edited by ToqueJambo

24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm going for Hendrik Weydant.

What makes you think that?

Hannover link but it doesn't look like he was there at the same time as Stendel. 

number witheld
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No chance in hell we'll pay 9k a week for one year let alone 3. 😂 Those are Romanov level wages.

Yes that’s absolutely pish. 11 CL’s is hibs. Ignore him. 

Adam_the_legend
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No chance in hell we'll pay 9k a week for one year let alone 3. 😂 Those are Romanov level wages. Andour first team squad is less than 30 not 40, including several like Doyle, Berra, Mulraney, Wighton who have been released or dropped from the first team.

22 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

9k a week my arse! 

7 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

9k a week :rofl:

I think this guy is talking pish BUT Boyce will be getting offers from championship down south.  if we are genuinely in the mixer for his signature then we’d probably need to stump up this kind of cash. AB been on the phone to mr benefactor perhaps?

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Barack said:

9k. For Boyce. Nut. 

I'd go daft as an FoH member, if we threw money at him. Certain players in the future could, in theory, be paid that. IF it was an exceptional talent or deal.

Boyce is a decent player, nothing more. And I'd take him happily...for about 3k. Max.

Who would you pay £9k to out of curiosity? Wouldn’t surprise me if we’re paying Donis that tbh. 

I heard a rumour that Berra was on over 10k a week from a guy who I go to the games with. He has a contact within Tynie and has been right about stuff before. I myself don’t believe that figure but wouldn’t be surprised at like 7k a week

11 Craig Leveins

A believe he'll be on about that at Burton (9k) a week but can't see hearts paying that tbh rumour lafferty was highest earner at hearts and he was on 7k a week if true this was the guy that told me about Stendel a month before his appointment and damour/donis maybe a week before we signed them 

10 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Who would you pay £9k to out of curiosity? Wouldn’t surprise me if we’re paying Donis that tbh. 

😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Valois No1 said:

I heard a rumour that Berra was on over 10k a week from a guy who I go to the games with. He has a contact within Tynie and has been right about stuff before. I myself don’t believe that figure but wouldn’t be surprised at like 7k a week

😂😂😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

He is on less than half of that

7 minutes ago, chis101 said:

Anyone suggested Jay Z yet? 

🎶If you’re having goal problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but Donis ain’t one🎶

FB9BEBA9-0C2D-4272-A7A1-CC0AA48EB30C.jpeg

Was thinking yesterday that should be his goal celebration song. Either that or the Eifel 65 Blue tune.

15 minutes ago, chis101 said:

Anyone suggested Jay Z yet? 

🎶If you’re having goal problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but Donis ain’t one🎶

FB9BEBA9-0C2D-4272-A7A1-CC0AA48EB30C.jpeg

99 Maroon Balloons

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

How has Walker been going through the motions when he's been injured for months? He's played 15 games and has 3 goals (Meshino has 3 in 16). Give him a chance FFS. Not sure goalscoring midfielders are that easy to find and we have a more than decent one on our books.

Read my post carefully and don’t jump to conclusions. ‘LIKE MOST OF THE SQUAD ARE GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS’  How else do you explain bottom and adrift by five points. We’re not there through our hard working endeavours are we? This problem of discontent has permeated the whole of leveins squad for the last 18 months. All players except for a couple of individuals are all culpable. Home losses to teams in the bottom six should not be happening yet we’ve suffered this since the whole of Levein was tenure. Players look lazy and uninterested and haven’t been trained properly. DS called it the most unfit squad he’s ever seen. I include more than JW in my summation and I’m well aware he’s been injured so probably more exempt than others. Regardless, all players across the whole squad need to get their fingers out and get us further up the table!