Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Greedy Jambo

• gashauskis9

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Not yet but we shouldn’t get too excited about him yet

So what did you think of him? Similar to any past players? Hungry, effort, skill etc? 

The Treasurer
46 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Someone on the match day thread wrote something along the lines of “this boy was meant to be our new hero, useless” hahaha 60 minutes of Scottish football, on a Wednesday night, in Dingwall, with players he’s trained with for 2 days hahahaha you couldn’t script it. 

TBF he did nothing of note, other than fall on his arse with an open goal to aim at.

But, as you say he's only just arrived and hardly knows the names of his teammates yet, never mind how they play.

I think I'll reserve judgement for a few more games.

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

TBF he did nothing of note, other than fall on his arse with an open goal to aim at.

But, as you say he's only just arrived and hardly knows the names of his teammates yet, never mind how they play.

Yeah he slipped, the positive would be that he was in the space for the chance in the first place, that’s a good thing. He’s probably living in a hotel, living out a suitcase, trying to take stock of what’s happening etc etc. A few more games before we call him “useless” haha. 

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Yup, given my recent memory of David Vanecek arriving with a blaze of self publicity I could of done without reading his comments yesterday, but way, way too early to pass judgement. I'm sure given his early promise that well mentored he has pedigree, I can only hope we get to see some of it...

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah he slipped, the positive would be that he was in the space for the chance in the first place, that’s a good thing. He’s probably living in a hotel, living out a suitcase, trying to take stock of what’s happening etc etc. A few more games before we call him “useless” haha. 

5 games, then wage feef. 

Fair. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

oh what a hard life - living in a fancy hotel

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

But what was your impression of him as a player from what you saw last night?

I wasn’t there so can’t make any sort of judgment until I see him on Sunday 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How did he play last night? I'm interested in your opinion.

2 hours ago, south morocco said:

It’s embarrassing mate. 

I blame football / championship manager. Makes people completely forget the human element to football.

18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

you know what hotel he's in?

have you tried living in a hotel for a period of time? it's not the fancy life you think it is...

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

have you tried living in a hotel for a period of time? it's not the fancy life you think it is...

I have. It's shite.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I have. It's shite.

it's great for about 2 days and then it hits you that you need to find a proper home...

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Someone on the match day thread wrote something along the lines of “this boy was meant to be our new hero, useless” hahaha 60 minutes of Scottish football, on a Wednesday night, in Dingwall, with players he’s trained with for 2 days hahahaha you couldn’t script it. 

it is a daft thing to say but we’re bottom of the league and he’s on a six month contract so he really doesn’t have much time to make an impact. Can’t be a slow burn

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

it is a daft thing to say but we’re bottom of the league and he’s on a six month contract so he really doesn’t have much time to make an impact. Can’t be a slow burn

Agreed, we need quick hits now. Severity of the situation, needs constant repeating, no niceities, no luxuries.

Got to be brutal through this period, still has not sunk in

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Agreed, we need quick hits now. Severity of the situation, needs constant repeating, no niceities, no luxuries.

Got to be brutal through this period, still has not sunk in

Which is not the new player’s fault. Everyone needs a period to acclimatise in, especially since he seems to have been drifting a bit. Tough gig.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Which is not the new player’s fault. Everyone needs a period to acclimatise in, especially since he seems to have been drifting a bit. Tough gig.

Aye, its quite a predicament we have got ourselves into.

Add in a couple of other factors, teams are ready for us, they know we need to win games and will be well warned, let alone most will rejoice in sticking an extra nail in the coffin, every game has probably got that little bit harder.

We need dogs of war, not milk supping pussies

21 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No excuse though - far better than a lot of people have it

For someone who asks a lot of questions you seem to find it very difficult to answer a simple one. How did he play last night?

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Yip it's shite. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

seconded, just a cell, only with better furnishings

And without the excitement of shower time. 

larbert_jambo
31 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No excuse though - far better than a lot of people have it

Are you a politician? Some deflection work by yourself when asked about your thoughts on his performance....

larbert_jambo
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Worrying that he struggled against a shitey wee Scottish team but will not write him off yet.

You taken his situation into consideration at all? 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Skinny took a while to settle. This boy will be better than Skinny. The Rangers game will be more his level anyway. 

In that case, he isn’t going to be much use for our bottom six relegation battle is he?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Worrying that he struggled against a shitey wee Scottish team but will not write him off yet.

He hasn’t played against Hibs yet?

1 minute ago, larbert_jambo said:

You taken his situation into consideration at all? 

Here is a football, there is a pitch now go play.  Simple.

larbert_jambo
Just now, Natural Orders said:

What situation???

The fact as someone stated before he arrived a few days ago, trained with the team for two days and won't be settled what so ever in Edinburgh yet. 

Now give us your thoughts on his performance rather than deflecting yet again. 

larbert_jambo
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Here is a football, there is a pitch now go play.  Simple.

You expect him to be a world beater after 60mins of football?

6 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Are you a politician? Some deflection work by yourself when asked about your thoughts on his performance....

Who said I was there?

5 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

You expect him to be a world beater after 60mins of football?

World beater? of course not.

A better standard than Ross County, yes.

10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

This 

of course it is..... when you think you're a football expert by playing champ manager on a computer.

He's in the Ardmillan. Less of the fancy please.

😉

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

In that case, he isn’t going to be much use for our bottom six relegation battle is he?

What I mean is when you play better players, you raise your game to that level. 

Who said I was there?

Well, you've passed judgement on him as a player based on his performance last night.

Given it wasn't televised, one would assume you must have witnessed his performance first hand.

Not really rocket science sunshine.

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Skinny took a while to settle. This boy will be better than Skinny. The Rangers game will be more his level anyway. 

Based on what exactly? Why are we insistent of overhyping everything all the time?  If Rangers was his level he would be signing for them.  How do you get the conclusion based on nothing he will be better than Skinny?  Why not just let him settle in before presuming stuff?  That way you won’t get clowns (not you) writing the guy off after a few games and he doesn’t produce instantly? 

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Based on what exactly? Why are we insistent of overhyping everything all the time?  If Rangers was his level he would be signing for them.  How do you get the conclusion based on nothing he will be better than Skinny?  Why not just let him settle in before presuming stuff?  That way you won’t get clowns (not you) writing the guy off after a few games and he doesn’t produce instantly? 

****ing hell man, cheer the **** up. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

****ing hell man, cheer the **** up. 

I was asking what the basis of you overhyping the laddie is? Better than Skinny?  Rangers more his level? It’s just baseless assumptions then when he doesn’t live up to expectations right away he will all of a sudden be crap. I’m fine, I believe we are going in the right direction away from the dictator of old, I didn’t for one second believe we would smash Ross County and I don’t think we are going to give the best team in the country a massive surprise on Sunday.  The expectation level on here for the side bottom of the table is crazy just now.  I think our new guy with time and patience will come good if he gets his head down and wants to take this chance. I also think we can get something on Sunday if we take the game to Rangers and keep it very tight at the back.  I’m not going to say we are going to pump them though nor am I going to come on here greetin’ if we (which we will probably) lose. 

"There is no country, no city in the world where I don't score. I score everywhere," 

Let us hope so.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

No excitement allowed. 

Bring back cl then. 

Job done. 😜