Doyle free to leave?

BRY

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Who do you think we should go for now?

I'll leave that to the scouts, that's  what they get paid for, although the last incumbent haven't really covered themselves in glory over keeper appointments tbh, let's hope Sievers has some contacts in the department. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• JamboAl

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That boy Craig ???? we had in the early 90's was worse. He couldn't seem to get anything right.

Craig Nelson.

You could also name as worse;

Myles Hogarth

Lee Holis

Eddy Kurskis

Then you could name a bunch which were equally as poor if not maybe even a little bit worse;

Anthony Basso

Scott Gallagher 

Mark Ridgers

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Eduardas Kurskis by a distance for me.

1 minute ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

What about this guy?

E4FAAA40-2A49-419A-901B-2617C5D5E3F9.jpeg

Hmm...ok :lol: 

It’s hard to do anything other than wish him well, he fronted up at a FoH ceremony the day after chucking that one in at Motherwell, which couldn’t have been easy and he obviously has other challenges in his life which are more important on a personal level.

That said, when I went to look at that Motherwell howler to remind myself how bad it was, there was another video.

Whilst some are harsh, there are also some beauties in here ‘Look when he dives!!’ (you’ll see).

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Craig Nelson.

Myles Hogarth

Lee Holis

Eddy Kurskis

Then you could name a bunch which were equally as poor if not maybe even a little bit worse;

Anthony Basso

Scott Gallagher 

Mark Ridgers

A few proper bad ones in there but some of them didn't see much first team action. Mark Ridgers seemed to constantly be on loan to airdrie but I've probably remembered that wrong.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

No I’m not :lol: Henry was in goal when I first started going. Nelson was crap but Doyle imo is the worst keeper I’ve seen play for us. 
Just looks like he’s going to fumble it or drop it or something. Looks really stiff for a keeper. 
edit: These current keepers are the 3 worst keepers I’ve seen in goal for us. All of them cost us goals every time they play. 

I'm pretty sure they have clean sheets.

Nelson was defo much worse than Doyle. Kurskis & Hollis have been the worst keepers to ever pull on a Hearts top in my lifetime.

6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'll leave that to the scouts, that's  what they get paid for, although the last incumbent haven't really covered themselves in glory over keeper appointments tbh, let's hope Sievers has some contacts in the department. 

I thought you might.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

A few proper bad ones in there but some of them didn't see much first team action. Mark Ridgers seemed to constantly be on loan to airdrie but I've probably remembered that wrong.

Probably a reason for that 😂

Yeah Ridgers was on loan to Airdrie for a year or so. He only played a handful of games for us but was with us for a good 7/8 years I think. Mostly on loan.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Probably a reason for that 😂

Yeah Ridgers was on loan to Airdrie for a year or so. He only played a handful of games for us but was with us for a good 7/8 years I think. Mostly on loan.

Aye he was on the bench at the cup final. No sure if you get a medal for that or not.

A friend of a friend lives a few doors along from him at inverness  

Edited by GinRummy

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stone has been mentioned, but by all reports on here no where near ready for number 1.

Is he not also very young, like 17. 

I also thought he was leaving... 

That's why I have no issue with Doyle as back up. Suits everyone it would seem, but we can't carry 3 keepers either. 

I agree we defo cant carry 3 keepers.

The though of Zlamal as our number 1 without a competent back up is a worry.

(If Doyle and Joel leave)

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye he was on the bench at the cup final. No sure if you get a medal for that or not.

Yeah he did. Not bad to have that on display somewhere in your house eh.

Trevor Carson at Motherwell would have been a  really good signing for the Club if free from his health scare.  NI internationalist who was outstanding for Motrherwell until his illness was diagnosed a year ago.  in However, he's just singed a contract extension with Motherwell so that boat has sailed!

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Yeah he did. Not bad to have that on display somewhere in your house eh.

If I were him I'd be making up some absolute whoppers about my cup final heroics to tell the grandkids in a few years time.

Leveins Battalion

Thank feck Stendel has came in,clearly knows a player and has been weeding out the pile of shite left by Levein and Co one by one,long may it continue.

Getting shot of these imposters is equally as important as any new signing.

Called it ages ago - they want to move to the USA, totally expected them to be there by now, another Levein extended contract when he didn't deserve it.  His first ever start for us v Aberdeen at Pittodrie and he was hopeless.  I was in the Aberdeen end and took great delight in telling him he was shite.

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Craig Nelson.

Myles Hogarth

Lee Holis

Eddy Kurskis

Anthony Basso

Scott Gallagher 

Mark Ridgers

Hamilton as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Called it ages ago - they want to move to the USA, totally expected them to be there by now, another Levein extended contract when he didn't deserve it.  His first ever start for us v Aberdeen at Pittodrie and he was hopeless.  I was in the Aberdeen end and took great delight in telling him he was shite.

Fans now going in the other end to shout at our players and enjoying it. 

:thumbs_down:

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Wtf 😂

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fans now going in the other end to shout at our players and enjoying it. 

:thumbs_down:

His standard of kicking matched that of a man with a foam leg.  It was my mates birthday weekend and he's a big Dandy, 6 of us in with the sheep.

36 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

It’s hard to do anything other than wish him well, he fronted up at a FoH ceremony the day after chucking that one in at Motherwell, which couldn’t have been easy and he obviously has other challenges in his life which are more important on a personal level.

That said, when I went to look at that Motherwell howler to remind myself how bad it was, there was another video.

Whilst some are harsh, there are also some beauties in here ‘Look when he dives!!’ (you’ll see).

Jesus ****ing Christ that's a brutal watch. Absolutely comical goalkeeping :lol:

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Wtf 😂

Best feeling ever is being in the Hibs end when we score at Easter Road, been there loads, Ozturk's goal being one I nearly took a huge kick-in for!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

His standard of kicking matched that of a man with a foam leg.  It was my mates birthday weekend and he's a big Dandy, 6 of us in with the sheep.

Fair enough, going in the end  with pals, but shouting abuse at our players. 

A guys debut as well... C'mon😕

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough, going in the end  with pals, but shouting abuse at our players. 

A guys debut as well... C'mon😕

If he was 10 years old i'd agree with you!

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Levein was shit though and should have been binned after the cup final at the latest. Her failure to act is a massive part of the reason why we're in this mess.

That has nothing to do with the quoted post which was about backing the manager regardless of who it was. Back him or sack him should always be the mantra imo. She chose to back him.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

If he was 10 years old i'd agree with you!

He's our ****ing player, age is irrelevant! 

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

All good and well telling these players they're free to leave but they ain't going anywhere while they've got a contract unless it's suits them financially 

Better not trying?

don’t think it will make much difference to Colin Doyle as he is already third choice goalkeeper 

on a good contract which will probably not be bettered anywhere else

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not fussed about this but I thought we'd have kept Doyle as number 2 which he is happy to do and got rid of the the other 2 and brought in a number 1.

None of our keepers are good enough atm for No1 but Doyle did seem the perfect back up keeper. 

He isn’t good enough.  

Also, I am not sure I want any player who is ‘happy’ to be second choice. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Is Tom English an HR Consultant?

No and we don't need one either. 

Tell us which HR rules have been broken oh HR guru 

itsnomarooned
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm hoping that, given our new assistant manager's background, we might see an improvement in the standard of goalkeeping. Whether it's a new keeper or the current ones being coached properly.

I assume Gallacher will be next to go bleating to the press, sorry I meant, be told he can leave

Good point. I do wonder if we see an improvement in our defensive line, i.e. no Berra, whether that might translate to a more confident keeper. Saying that I'd be very happy to see a replacement for either of our Goalies.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No and we don't need one either. 

Tell us which HR rules have been broken oh HR guru 

I tell you what, I'll do that .............

just as soon as you show me where I said rules had been broken.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I tell you what, I'll do that .............

just as soon as you show me where I said rules had been broken.

🤣

So why does Tom English have to be an HR guru?

Just stop would you. 

2nd thoughts keep going. Your efforts to be not one of the Sheep are providing me with a bit of light entertainment :lol:

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Paolo said:

He isn’t good enough.  

Also, I am not sure I want any player who is ‘happy’ to be second choice. 

Think at our level it's pretty common. 

Have an established number 1 and a back up. 

Ideally our back up is a young lad breaking through but stone is far too young for that. 

Given our resources for each position, I'd ideally like - 

A good credible number 1.

Young, promising lad breaking through. 

We don't have that so an older, average keeper is OK. 

Our back up keeper really isn't a big concern for clubs at out level, a good number 1 is. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Selkirkhmfc1874
43 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Better not trying?

Never said that! Only pointing out that it's the players with a contract that hold all the aces here 

Forever Hearts

I remember getting pelters on here when he got the contract extension due to his personal situation. I said it was a ridiculous thing to do considering he is absolute murder. Funny seeing folk agree with me now. 

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

🤣

So why does Tom English have to be an HR guru?

Just stop would you. 

2nd thoughts keep going. Your efforts to be not one of the Sheep are providing me with a bit of light entertainment :lol:

Try sticking to some semblance of the truth and you may get a sensible reply. Continue to make things up to suit your agenda and you may entertain yourself but nobody else.

Just now, Spoleto said:

Try sticking to some semblance of the truth and you may get a sensible reply. Continue to make things up to suit your agenda and you may entertain yourself but nobody else.

What is the truth?

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I remember getting pelters on here when he got the contract extension due to his personal situation. I said it was a ridiculous thing to do considering he is absolute murder. Funny seeing folk agree with me now. 

I know what you mean. I got dogs abuse when I said similar. 

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

I agree we defo cant carry 3 keepers.

The though of Zlamal as our number 1 without a competent back up is a worry.

(If Doyle and Joel leave)

I’d put Sievers in. 😎

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

And the truth is what exactly? What are you alleging,  if you are calling me a liar....well

My agenda is? See if you can answer a question,  challenge for you  :)

To be a master of deflection you will have to try harder, much harder.

Have Hearts broken HR regulations and what are the lies Tom English or myself are spreading?

You got the bottle to back your claims 

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

And the truth is what exactly? What are you alleging,  if you are calling me a liar....well

My agenda is? See if you can answer a question,  challenge for you  :)

To be a master of deflection you will have to try harder, much harder.

Have Hearts broken HR regulations and what are the lies Tom English or myself are spreading?

You got the bottle to back your claims 

Oh dear. 

I'll just ask you again to show me where I have said Hearts have broken any HR regulations?

Never mind the bottle, have you got the proof? No, of course you haven't because you MADE IT UP.

So to quote yourself "To be a master of deflection you will have to try harder, much harder."

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Oh dear. 

I'll just ask you again to show me where I have said Hearts have broken any HR regulations?

Never mind the bottle, have you got the proof? No, of course you haven't because you MADE IT UP.

So to quote yourself "To be a master of deflection you will have to try harder, much harder."

Your inference was Tom English was not an HR consultant so why would he need to be,  unless Hearts had broken rules,  plain.

Now you have accused me of being a liar. 

Do the decent thing,  be brave and explain why. 

Not an allegation I am taking lightly. 

So what lies have I told.

42 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Pasquale for King

If we did give him an extension due to family problems you can admire that to an extent, not sure why at that time last summer it was required unless CL knew he wasn’t going to get the chance to do so in the future. 
The three GKs we have are poor and not well coached, only Periera can pass the ball but is rooted to his six yard line and not a good shot stopper which is incredible considering his parent club. . We need a new GK going forward.