Doyle free to leave?

BRY

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So you don’t even know his record and may not even have seen him in person?

I was at Motherwell, that was enough. It was also confirmed that it wasn't a one off by the gaffes video on here. Unbelievable that the club sycophants and lickspittles are still defending the contract extension. He's shite. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• JamboAl

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The view that Colin Doyle is good enough to be a back up goalkeeper. Is not a view that DS shares, hence why he’s been told he can find a new club. 

Thank goodness for DS. If we still had CL in charge we'd be stuck with Doyle for another 18 months. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I was at Motherwell, that was enough. It was also confirmed that it wasn't a one off by the gaffes video on here. Unbelievable that the club sycophants and lickspittles are still defending the contract extension. He's shite. 

As I say look forward to hearing your opinion of our next back up - most likely zlamal for a bit if we can sign someone - or any of our past ones. Or even some our no. 1s. Henry Smith has some

blooper reel. Nonsense to have so much written about a reserve goalie who had one howler of a game.

queensferryjambo
15 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

I'll leave it there - in your own words. 

32 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

You can leave it there all you want. You are twisting my words to fit the nonsense you said.

No matter how much you want to spin it what you said was total garbage and Levein never at any point binned Doyle. 

I forgot to add that Doyle only got his 2 starts of the season ahead of Pereira, when Pereira got a thigh injury and had to go back to Man United.

So basically Doyle was second choice keeper under Zlamal then under Pereira, stepped up when needed for 2 games (which is what the 2nd choice keeper is for) then went back to being 2nd choice keeper.

= binned by Levein?

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doyle’s 40% or so clean sheet record from his 10 or so games is acceptable for a backup keeper. Quite why a backup keeper is generating this much vitriol is bizarre. Look forward to your opinion of our next reserve goalie. Doyle was neither great or terrible. A pretty average reserve goalie we only saw more of because of the general goalie situation. Better than many previous backups.

Completely off the scale bizarre. 

The rage that some are harbouring is really unhealthy. 

Back goalie told he can go. 

Check the thread out. 🙄🙄🙄

4 hours ago, better_call_saul said:

Correct. I smell sh*te from the previous poster.

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Thank goodness for DS. If we still had CL in charge we'd be stuck with Doyle for another 18 months. 

What makes you think we won’t be? 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As I say look forward to hearing your opinion of our next back up - most likely zlamal for a bit if we can sign someone - or any of our past ones. Or even some our no. 1s. Henry Smith has some

blooper reel. Nonsense to have so much written about a reserve goalie who had one howler of a game.

Zlamal is crap too. Smith had some clangers but more than made up for it with the hundreds of outstanding saves he made and God knows how many points he helped us win. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, soonbe110 said:

What makes you think we won’t be? 

True. Thanks to CL he is perfectly within his rights to sit tight, do nothing and watch his bank balance rise considerably over the next 18 months. Thanks again, Craig. Genius. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Zlamal is crap too. Smith had some clangers but more than made up for it with the hundreds of outstanding saves he made and God knows how many points he helped us win. 

😂

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

School team Goalie/last player picked type comment imho.

annushorribilis III
23 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I forgot to add that Doyle only got his 2 starts of the season ahead of Pereira, when Pereira got a thigh injury and had to go back to Man United.

So basically Doyle was second choice keeper under Zlamal then under Pereira, stepped up when needed for 2 games (which is what the 2nd choice keeper is for) then went back to being 2nd choice keeper.

= binned by Levein?

In your own words.

He was playing 2nd fiddle to Zlamal (a car crash of a keeper) and now he's STILL not 1st choice but playing 2nd fiddle to a THIRD goalkeeper signed by CL. 

But def not binned tho. 

queensferryjambo
17 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

In your own words.

He was playing 2nd fiddle to Zlamal (a car crash of a keeper) and now he's STILL not 1st choice but playing 2nd fiddle to a THIRD goalkeeper signed by CL. 

But def not binned tho. 

He was signed as a second choice keeper / back up keeper. His position has never changed in the 2 seasons he has been at Hearts.

At no point in his Hearts career has his role ever changed. The only time he isn't in the squad / on the bench is when he broke his ankle. 

So by your bizarre logic if a keeper isn't first choice he has been binned. So he was binned from the day he signed for Hearts and any other back up keeper at any other club has also been 'binned' ?

Binned in my eyes is - out of the squad, dropped to the reserves out the door. Not sitting pretty on the bench every week as back up (when fit).

On 15/01/2020 at 17:22, Forever Hearts said:

True. Thanks to CL he is perfectly within his rights to sit tight, do nothing and watch his bank balance rise considerably over the next 18 months. Thanks again, Craig. Genius. 

So can the same be said for CL?

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So can the same be said for CL?

Only if Budge is daft enough to give the useless clown a new job. Oh, wait a minute...🙄

On 15/01/2020 at 16:35, Forever Hearts said:

Clean sheets against who? He is terrible and the video backs it up. Giving him an extension was a joke, but not surprising with the current regime.

Hibs (Great save in the game)

Livi x2

St Johnstone

Hamilton

Auchinleck

He is a poor keeper yes but above is your answer to who his clean sheets were against. 

6 from 14 games.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Hibs (Great save in the game)

Livi x2

St Johnstone

Hamilton

Auchinleck

He is a poor keeper yes but above is your answer to who his clean sheets were against. 

6 from 14 games.

Some top quality opposition there. 🙄

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Only if Budge is daft enough to give the useless clown a new job. Oh, wait a minute...🙄

But what if she hadn't or he turned it down?

Would he have been OK to sit tight?

If Doyle is any good there will be plenty of clubs willing to give him a contract.

If anyone on here recon’s  he’s a good keeper he’ll get snapped up.

If he has any self belief in his ability he should leave Hearts where he is not wanted.

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But what if she hadn't or he turned it down?

Would he have been OK to sit tight?

Hypothetical. She did. 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Hypothetical. She did. 

I suspected somerhing like would be your evasive answer.  Frightened to put your neck on the line?

8 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Some top quality opposition there. 🙄

All above us in the league right now.

Other than Talbot.

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

All above us in the league right now.

Other than Talbot.

Does that make them top quality opposition? 

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I suspected somerhing like would be your evasive answer.  Frightened to put your neck on the line?

It's not evasive. And Levein is on his way out along with Budge, get over it. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Does that make them top quality opposition? 

No but what does it matter?

You can only play what is in front of you.

I'm not saying he is a good keeper but as I proved above in response to your question, he has had clean sheets in 43% of his first team games at Hearts.

Surely the true test of how good of otherwise the likes of Doyle were/might’ve been will be what happens now. No secret that DS is undergoing a cull so presumably a number of suitors will be knocking down our door to poach such latent talent. We can only wait and see ...

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

No but what does it matter?

You can only play what is in front of you.

I'm not saying he is a good keeper but as I proved above in response to your question, he has had clean sheets in 43% of his first team games at Hearts.

Was Levein right to give him a new contract? 

On 15/01/2020 at 17:07, Forever Hearts said:

Levein would probably extend it further

11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Based on his stats, probably.

Based on his errors in games, probably not.

Based on his personal circumstances, probably.

Allowayjambo1874
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Whilst I am absolutely with you in that it was an awful decision to give this huddy a contract extension I can’t believe no one has brought up Gallagher’s role in all this. Surely CL would’ve consulted his GK coach to discuss whether or not Doyle should get another contract. The minute Gallagher said ‘good idea’ should’ve been the cue for him to get his jotters. 
Brutal decision. 

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's not evasive. And Levein is on his way out along with Budge, get over it. 

Of course it's evasive.  You have not answered a fair and direct question.

As to the rest of your garbage I would have preferred CL to make a clean break but if he has no 1st team influece I don't see it as a major problem and (presumably) we're getting something out of him instead of paying him for nothing.

Re AB I don't know if you really follow HMFC but was she not always leaving shortly?

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Of course it's evasive.  You have not answered a fair and direct question.

As to the rest of your garbage I would have preferred CL to make a clean break but if he has no 1st team influece I don't see it as a major problem and (presumably) we're getting something out of him instead of paying him for nothing.

Re AB I don't know if you really follow HMFC but was she not always leaving shortly?

Aye, you would've preferred him to make a clean break, eventually. You were one of his biggest supporters so forgive me if I give zero credence to your opinions on anything football related.  

On 15/01/2020 at 18:07, queensferryjambo said:

He was signed as a second choice keeper / back up keeper. His position has never changed in the 2 seasons he has been at Hearts.

At no point in his Hearts career has his role ever changed. The only time he isn't in the squad / on the bench is when he broke his ankle. 

So by your bizarre logic if a keeper isn't first choice he has been binned. So he was binned from the day he signed for Hearts and any other back up keeper at any other club has also been 'binned' ?

Binned in my eyes is - out of the squad, dropped to the reserves out the door. Not sitting pretty on the bench every week as back up (when fit).

Correct

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 17:20, Forever Hearts said:

Absolutely this. Levein fanboys now trying to say Doyle as good a goalkeeper as Henry Smith was for us. A player who was with us for 15 years, our number 1 for over 10 years with circa 500 appearances, seriously

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, you would've preferred him to make a clean break, eventually. You were one of his biggest supporters so forgive me if I give zero credence to your opinions on anything football related.  

You are clearly short on understanding.  When I said "clesn break" there was no "eventually" about it and I challenge you to show one post where I supported him - or didn't.

It is also clear from your eternal criticism of the club that you are not a Hearts supporter but I cannot make up my mind whether your team is Rangers or Hibs.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are clearly short on understanding.  When I said "clesn break" there was no "eventually" about it and I challenge you to show one post where I supported him - or didn't.

It is also clear from your eternal criticism of the club that you are not a Hearts supporter but I cannot make up my mind whether your team is Rangers or Hibs.

Ah, the old favourite when a Levein fanboy is beat. "You must be a Hibs fan or whatever" 😂

Refreshing, buddy. 🙄

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Absolutely this. Levein fanboys now trying to say Doyle as good a goalkeeper as Henry Smith was for us. A player who was with us for 15 years, our number 1 for over 10 years with circa 500 appearances, seriously

Completely agree, Henry the cat was a great keeper for us, he did make some brain farts like Rousette and but both where leagues ahead in ability to any of the keepers we currently have on the books

10 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

He’s probably better than Ray Dunlop...The thought doesn’t cheer me up much though. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He’s probably better than Ray Dunlop...The thought doesn’t cheer me up much though. 

Dunlop before my time, heard about him though, at least Doyle is better than him which is a positive :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ah, the old favourite when a Levein fanboy is beat. "You must be a Hibs fan or whatever" 😂

Refreshing, buddy. 🙄

Oh look!  He ducked the question again and you are a Hibs or Rangers fanboy.

I just can't recall which.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Oh look!  He ducked the question again and you are a Hibs or Rangers fanboy.

I just can't recall which.

He's not answered the question, I imagine, because its embarrassing that you asked it. So you think no-one who criticises the club can be a Hearts fan when we are rock bottom of the league by 5 pts?

6 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

He's not answered the question, I imagine, because its embarrassing that you asked it. So you think no-one who criticises the club can be a Hearts fan when we are rock bottom of the league by 5 pts?

You must be a clever lad to imagine what someone else thinks and you don't need to feel embarrassed.

I wasn't talking about anyone/everyone who criticises the club.   I was talking about Forever (moaning about) Hearts.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You must be a clever lad to imagine what someone else thinks and you don't need to feel embarrassed.

I wasn't talking about anyone/everyone who criticises the club.   I was talking about Forever (moaning about) Hearts.

Typical cretinous reply from yourself Al. Well you've called me a hubz fan before, as you have many others.

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Typical cretinous reply from yourself Al. Well you've called me a hubz fan before, as you have many others.

Have I?  Shame.

Boo hoo hoo

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
56 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Yes. Doyle is shite. Really shite. Sooner he's away, the better.

Grateful to Doyle for his key save in the Hibs game.

I think there must be better Goalies and backup goalies out there though. 

I'm sure Jorg Sievers will be better at judging them

2 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Grateful to Doyle for his key save in the Hibs game.

I think there must be better Goalies and backup goalies out there though. 

I'm sure Jorg Sievers will be better at judging them

I think you are right but he was signed as a back-up keeper.  We can't even find a decent 1st keeper right now.

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We can't all be  club lickspittles and happy clappers like you. Which is just as well or your man Levein would still be in charge.