Doyle free to leave?

BRY

9 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

My agenda? What’s my agenda?

Hearts do not give away free money to players. I can assure you of that. despite the amount of overpaid employees we might have, they are employees, not charity cases. Grow up.

How can you assure me if you don't know?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• JamboAl

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

How can you assure me if you don't know?

I can assure you that it will be cold tomorrow but I don’t know.

4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I can assure you that it will be cold tomorrow but I don’t know.

Even Mystic Meg could not not be sure about the future.

The past is much easier to describe however and you are failing badly.

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Go have a wee lie down.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Apologies if I'm stepping into a personal argument with origins elsewhere, but...

As I posted above, having looked back at the thread from when Doyle signed, the suggestion that he was given an extension for compassionate/ personal reasons was an idea floated by a single poster with no claim that they had any reason to believe it to be true, just an idea. There was a bit of chat about it, during which no one claimed to have any knowledge suggesting it was true.

Have I missed something since the extension was signed? Has something been said to suggest it is more than idle pondering on the part of that initial poster?

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Apologies if I'm stepping into a personal argument with origins elsewhere, but...

As I posted above, having looked back at the thread from when Doyle signed, the suggestion that he was given an extension for compassionate/ personal reasons was an idea floated by a single poster with no claim that they had any reason to believe it to be true, just an idea. There was a bit of chat about it, during which no one claimed to have any knowledge suggesting it was true.

Have I missed something since the extension was signed? Has something been said to suggest it is more than idle pondering on the part of that initial poster?

That is the sole source of this nonsense. Another myth created on JKB. Literally not mentioned anywhere else.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Save the Children is proudly displayed on the shirt. Compassion is a good thing in this case. 

That has absolutely nothing to do with Hearts giving a shite goalkeeper a contract extension because he has personal problems. Absolutely none. 

Forever Hearts
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure the majority do agree with you. 

Here’s a scenario- you work for a bank, insurance company or local authority, you have a wife and kids, more than one of them becomes fairly seriously ill, your work performance suffers, you need to take time off work at random times, things are really tough. Do you expect your employer to show you some compassion, give you time off, do what they can to stabilise your family situation or do you expect your employer to just sack you for performance/attendance issues? 

Football is not the same as other working environments. We gave a shite goalkeeper a new contract because he had personal problems. That is an absolute joke but sums the circus up. 

We can just agree to disagree on this one then. An employer is an employer regardless of the work environment. Doing the honourable and decent thing should be applauded not criticised. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I think it was something posted earlier and I'm not suggesting it is correct but for someone to assure everyone that it is not the case, you would expect they would have some basis for that belief.

Bazzas right boot

This thread is a bombscare. 

Doyle is a perfectly adequate number 2 at our level. 

He's then fell back to number 3, he's been told he's no longer needed. 

Why are folk argueing? 

Fringe player who was signed to be just that has been told he can go. 

Thanks and good luck. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We can just agree to disagree on this one then. An employer is an employer regardless of the work environment. Doing the honourable and decent thing should be applauded not criticised. 

It's utter madness, not decent and honourable. Sums the shambles up though. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why are folk argueing? 

Thanks and good luck. 

He's absolutely crap and should be nowhere near Hearts as a number 2.

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Football is not the same as other working environments. We gave a shite goalkeeper a new contract because he had personal problems. That is an absolute joke but sums the circus up. 

Only this week we have read about Ryan Stevenson's problems and apparently we helped him as we did with Lafferty's alleged gambling debts so this club helping players with difficulties is not unknown.

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with Hearts giving a shite goalkeeper a contract extension because he has personal problems. Absolutely none. 

Yes it absolutely has.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's absolutely crap and should be nowhere near Hearts as a number 2.

So if he was a brilliant player, we maybe should help him?

11 hours ago, kila said:

I think he only got a contract extension on compassionate grounds anyway because of what he deals with on a daily basis with his family.

But that's no good for Hearts and he wasn't good enough to compete for a spot. Sorry Colin but football is harsh and I hope you can secure something going forward.

11 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This is the guy that Levein gave an extra years worth of contract to because he felt sorry for him, even though he was absolute shite! 

You couldn't make this club up! 

Given the on-going discussion of this point, can either of you shed any light on why you believe that Doyle was given a contract for personal reasons?

MarkDevriesScores4
6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think it was something posted earlier and I'm not suggesting it is correct but for someone to assure everyone that it is not the case, you would expect they would have some basis for that belief.

The basis for that belief is just common sense. Players don’t get free money. He was employed as a sub keeper. He carried out the role as a sub keeper (till injured) he is paid as per his contract awarded for being hearts sub keeper. No conspiracies, no free money. 

We can agree to disagree. That’s fine.

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

As with my question above, can you say why you believe this to be true? On the original thread it was floated as an idea, with no one claiming it was actually true.

MarkDevriesScores4
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why are folk argueing? 

Thanks and good luck. 

Spot on.

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why are folk argueing? 

Thanks and good luck. 

The new contract was a bit questionable to be fair. It does look like Levein was just mates with half these players and staff. 

Not worth getting worked up about though. (in Doyle's case) 

Edited by Space Pirate

3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The basis for that belief is just common sense. Players don’t get free money. He was employed as a sub keeper. He carried out the role as a sub keeper (till injured) he is paid as per his contract awarded for being hearts sub keeper. No conspiracies, no free money. 

We can agree to disagree. That’s fine.

See my post above re  Stevenson and Lafferty.

Guest ToqueJambo

Serious questions, what do folk expect from a back-up goalie? 

We have never in my memory had two goalies vying for the No. 1 spot. We always have one decent to good keeper, more than occasionally a brilliant one, with someone else as back-up that everyone hopes will never get a game! Jamie Mac was the best back-up keeper I can recall - always solid when called upon. Doyle made a couple of howlers but his overall record is fine as back-up goalie. I think the main problem is we haven't had a solid No. 1 since McLaughlin, after failing to sign McGregor.

So that's highlighting the problem. In all honesty all 3 of our keepers for me are more than capable back-ups. There are questions around any of them being a reliable No. 1 though. As a signing (back up goalie not intended to be No. 1) though Doyle has been far from our worst. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Serious questions, what do folk expect from a back-up goalie? 

We have never in my memory had two goalies vying for the No. 1 spot. We always have one decent to good keeper, more than occasionally a brilliant one, with someone else as back-up that everyone hopes will never get a game! Jamie Mac was the best back-up keeper I can recall - always solid when called upon. Doyle made a couple of howlers but his overall record is fine as back-up goalie. I think the main problem is we haven't had a solid No. 1 since McLaughlin, after failing to sign McGregor.

So that's highlighting the problem. In all honesty all 3 of our keepers for me are more than capable back-ups. There are questions around any of them being a reliable No. 1 though. As a signing (back up goalie not intended to be No. 1) though Doyle has been far from our worst. 

Serious question, What was his wage?

Tell me it was 300 quid a week and it's cool. 

queensferryjambo
21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why are folk argueing? 

Thanks and good luck. 

This. 

He came tried his hardest, it didn't work out. Our fans really like to put the boot into our own players.

I will remember him for his incredible finger tip save at Easter Road that let us walk away with 3 points.

Good luck to him, didn't work out here but that's football. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Serious question, What was his wage?

Tell me it was 300 quid a week and it's cool. 

Name any of our previous back-up keepers and their wages? We've had far worse in reserve.

His record is played 10, won 4, drawn 2, lost 4, 4 clean sheets. During a period when our defence was all over the place. There's really no need to lay into every single player, that is a perfectly decent record. He has played at a decent level before us including international caps. As I say, we'll have far worse back-up goalies.

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So if he was a brilliant player, we maybe should help him?

Very pertinent question . Were you expecting an answer ?

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Doyle is terrible and it was mad to extend his contract.

Not his fault though so I wish him well at his next club.

That's the spirit. 

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Name any of our previous back-up keepers and their wages? We've had far worse in reserve.

His record is played 10, won 4, drawn 2, lost 4, 4 clean sheets. During a period when our defence was all over the place. There's really no need to lay into every single player, that is a perfectly decent record. He has played at a decent level before us including international caps. As I say, we'll have far worse back-up goalies.

His record is played 10 and earned a decent wad. 

We should have a decent youngster as our back up keeper and that brings me on to why we signed that midget from america. 

Levein's regime is an absolute shambles. 

Thank feck we finally have someone that know's what they're doing, 5 years later. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

His record is played 10 and earned a decent wad. 

We should have a decent youngster as our back up keeper and that brings me on to why we signed that midget from america. 

Levein's regime is an absolute shambles. 

Thank feck we finally have someone that know's what they're doing, 5 years later. 

We almost never have a decent youngster as back-up, because if they're genuinely decent - like Gordon - they get into the first team before long. Jamie Mac was probably our best long-term back-up and he was a decent youngster. The rest of the time it is players that fit the profile of Doyle.

We once paid over £100k for Nicky Walker to challenge Henry Smith and we ended up selling Walker and getting one of our worst ever back-ups in return, Craig Nelson (thought at the time to be a "decent youngster". Goalie is probably the hardest position to get right. We've just struggled to replace McLaughlin, who was - to be fair - a tremendous signing.

We no doubt signed "the midget" (do you have anything good to say about any Hearts players?) because we don't have a youngster coming through the ranks. You can't just magic one out of thin air you know.

Edited by ToqueJambo

annushorribilis III
33 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

This. 

He came tried his hardest, it didn't work out. Our fans really like to put the boot into our own players.

I will remember him for his incredible finger tip save at Easter Road that let us walk away with 3 points.

Good luck to him, didn't work out here but that's football. 

By that measure so do our managers ; it was CL that binned him , not the fans . 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We almost never have a decent youngster as back-up, because if they're genuinely decent - like Gordon - they get into the first team before long. Jamie Mac was probably our best long-term back-up and he was a decent youngster. The rest of the time it is players that fit the profile of Doyle.

We once paid over £100k for Nicky Walker to challenge Henry Smith and we ended up selling Walker and getting one of our worst ever back-ups in return, Craig Nelson (thought at the time to be a "decent youngster". Goalie is probably the hardest position to get right. We've just struggled to replace McLaughlin, who was - to be fair - a tremendous signing.

We no doubt signed "the midget" (do you have anything good to say about any Hearts players?) because we don't have a youngster coming through the ranks. You can't just magic one out of thin air you know.

He's growing every day. 

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

****sake man, i'm going to miss Doyle. One of Leveins better signings. 

I mind that time he said.. "Dave!...Dave? some name for a guy from czechoslovakia! 

Classic. 

He Played against livi in cup last season, and was an utter bomb scare,,  looked like he was just pulled in off the street ! Absolutely terrible goalkeeper....

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's all i had to read. 

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

By that measure so do our managers ; it was CL that binned him , not the fans . 

That doesn't even make sense Craig Levein never binned Doyle at all. In fact he either played him or had him 2nd choice every game this season up until his injury in November.

Doyle played in goal ahead of both Zlamal and Pereira in August then Pereira took the number 1 spot. Doyle was on the bench as second choice keeper right up until November. Zlamal wasn't even making the bench ahead of Doyle from when he was dropped in August.

The only reason Zlamal even made it back on the bench was Doyle broke his ankle in November. I presume you forgot he broke his ankle and couldn't play?

If Doyle is leaving the club I think you will find Stendel is the only one who has ever binned him. 

11 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

That doesn't even make sense Craig Levein never binned Doyle at all. In fact he either played him or had him 2nd choice every game this season up until his injury in November.

Doyle played in goal ahead of both Zlamal and Pereira in August then Pereira took the number 1 spot. Doyle was on the bench as second choice keeper right up until November. Zlamal wasn't even making the bench ahead of Doyle from when he was dropped in August.

The only reason Zlamal even made it back on the bench was Doyle broke his ankle in November. I presume you forgot he broke his ankle and couldn't play?

If Doyle is leaving the club I think you will find Stendel is the only one who has ever binned him. 

You just said yourself Doyle played as number one ahead of Pereira, then Doyle got dropped/Benched/whatever because Pereira was fit to play, the reason we needed another goalie was because the other two are shite.  

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You just said yourself Doyle played as number one ahead of Pereira, then Doyle got dropped/Benched/whatever because Pereira was fit to play, the reason we needed another goalie was because the other two are shite.  

Levein signed McLaughlin. He then tried to sign McGregor. He then had to find someone else, got Zlamal but recognised Zlamal might not be "the one", so took steps to sign first Doyle then Pereira. He then gave them all chances.

Finding a new goalie isn't easy. For all his faults, Levein has done as good a job if not better at it than most managers we've had - first and second time at the club, including giving Gordon his break and managing his progress in the first team. Sometimes it just takes time for a goalie to come good. Rousset for example had a lot of people worried when he first played for us. Henry Smith had some howlers in big games. We've generally been lucky with keepers. Jamie Mac was with us for ages - barely playing (ie being a "wage thief" no doubt to some) before doing well when he got his chance and ending up with a cup winners medal.

These days some folk seem to make decisions about players after 5 or 10 games. You do have to wonder how some past managers and players who turned out to be very good would have survived a bad or even just meh start these days.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein signed McLaughlin. He then tried to sign McGregor. He then had to find someone else, got Zlamal but recognised Zlamal might not be "the one", so took steps to sign first Doyle then Pereira. He then gave them all chances.

Finding a new goalie isn't easy. For all his faults, Levein has done as good a job if not better at it than most managers we've had - first and second time at the club. Sometimes it just takes time for a goalie to come good. Rousset for example had a lot of people worried when he first played for us. Henry Smith had some howlers in big games. We've generally been lucky with keepers.

How did he? :lol:  what decent goalies did he find?  Neimi was here when he came in the first time, Gordon coming through,  he “found” Tepi the bombscare.  Big Jon is the only success story he’s brought in as goalkeeper.  He did try to sign McGregor but had zero back up for such a goalie that would have been in demand.  1 out of 7 or so is shocking. 

Jamie Mac was a very good servant to the club, I would agree.  Ridiculous If anyone called him a wage thief all things considered. 

Edited by Last Laff

queensferryjambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I was replying to the poster who said Levein binned Doyle. He clearly never binned him.

Doyle has always been our second choice / back up keeper and that never changed. He was second choice to Zlamal and then Pereira. He only got 2 starts this season because it was the transition between Zlamal being dropped and Pereira establishing himself. He wasn't dropped for Pereira he filled the gap until Pereira got settled. Pereira was always going to be first choice ahead of Zlamal and Doyle no matter what.

Doyle's position never changed from the day he joined Hearts to the day he leaves. So struggling to see how Levein binned him. 

For what it's worth I think all 3 keepers we have are pretty shite. Pereira has hardly been fantastic. In fact I can't remember a really good save he has made since being at Hearts (sure there has been one or two).

It has been a real problem position for us since McLaughlin left :( 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What clubs do?

Clubs that big up their DOF for having a great youth academy. 

He's doing a great job. 

Still wanting to know why we signed that small guy from america.

Still wanting to know why we  put all our best academy players out on loan

Still wanting to know why we signed wighton

Still wanting to know why we're fighting a relegation battle

Still wanting to know why people are still defending all these absolutely ****ing mental signings and decisions. 

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Given the on-going discussion of this point, can either of you shed any light on why you believe that Doyle was given a contract for personal reasons?

It publicised are the time he was given a contract that is was for personal reasons, it certainly wasn’t for his ability as a keeper. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How did he? :lol:  what decent goalies did he find?  Neimi was here when he came in the first time, Gordon coming through,  he “found” Tepi the bombscare.  Big Jon is the only success story he’s brought in as goalkeeper.  He did try to sign McGregor but had zero back up for such a goalie that would have been in demand.  1 out of 7 or so is shocking. 

Jamie Mac was a very good servant to the club, I would agree.  Ridiculous If anyone called him a wage thief all things considered. 

If you think Tepi was a bombscare too there really is no hope. Solid back-up, check his record. 

As for Levein's record with goalies as manager and DoF - he can take credit for Gordon As for Tepi, he was far from our worse back-up and was signed to ease Gordon in. Signing a top class goalie would have meant no place for Gordon. Would that have been your strategy?

Then he got Alexander as DoF, who was very solid, then very nearly got Gilks who went to Rangers at the last minute, then brought in McLaughlin and again we were unlucky we couldn't keep him. Unlike JJ he didn't have 500K to buy a top class goalie in Niemi. Generally he's done a good job. This season it's quite hard to assess the goalies as there's been no defence in front of them at times on top of the general malaise in the first team. It's certainly been a problem positioned one Levein has tried to address and now it's Stendel's turn. But you just bash on.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Gary Naysmith anybody? 

What the **** is he doing?

More money down the pan. 

Jobs for the boys. 

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Clubs that big up their DOF for having a great youth academy. 

He's doing a great job. 

Still wanting to know why we signed that small guy from america.

Still wanting to know why we  put all our best academy players out on loan

Still wanting to know why we signed wighton

Still wanting to know why we're fighting a relegation battle

Still wanting to know why people are still defending all these absolutely ****ing mental signings and decisions. 

Why not ask those questions on the relevant threads? Or at AGMs?

31 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It publicised are the time he was given a contract that is was for personal reasons, it certainly wasn’t for his ability as a keeper. 

Can you provide a link?

Certainly wasn't mentioned as fact on the thread about his contract extension on here. Someone suggested that might be the reason but wasn't claiming they knew that was the case. It wasn't included in the Hearts official release or in the Evening News Story at the time. Both quoted Doyle as saying part of his happiness in signing an extension was because his family had moved up to Edinburgh, but neither suggested the reason that Hearts gave him the extension was due to personal reasons. I tried googling it and couldn't find anything.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

The new contract was a bit questionable to be fair. It does look like Levein was just mates with half these players and staff. 

Not worth getting worked up about though. (in Doyle's case) 

Maybe but I think the plan was mcgregor as number1, Doyle as back up and boot Zlamal. 

That went tits up tho. 

As Zlamal wasnt good enough we then got the man Utd boy. 

Doyle then burst his ankle. 

We have 3 senior keepers, Doyle is the worst imo. 

Signed as a number 2, no harm done. 

Goodbye and good luck.