Doyle free to leave?

BRY

What's the chat with his family and sympathy? Not being wide just hadn't heard anything about it. 

On topic good news, nothing against him but he's clearly not good enough. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• JamboAl

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

OK clever clogs tell us exactly how you would have handled this. 

In just the way I said. There's no need to do it in any other way is there?

I was replying to Dannies sarcastic comments.

8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

and I was highlighting the moaning gits who ran to the press crying they were ill treated and disrespected. 
It’s quite simples. The coaching staff inform you, you are no longer in his plans for the future go and find another club. How nice do you want it? 

1 hour ago, HUFF PUFF said:

Levein and Budge has saddled us with such utter dross.

I hope they are proud of themselves.

I don't get that, all we hear is how Ann Budge better get the cheque book out and support Stendel by getting in whoever he wants yet she gets it in the neck for doing the same for Levein.

You can't have it both ways.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I don't get that, all we hear is how Ann Budge better get the cheque book out and support Stendel by getting in whoever he wants yet she gets it in the neck for doing the same for Levein.

Correct can you imagine Stendel comes out and says he wanted a player but Ann Budge said no - the place would go into meltdown!

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I hope Doyle takes us for every penny he can get tbh I’m sure you’ll agree. 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Doyle is a journeyman goalie . Arguably of the standard you would expect us to have as back up . 

If HMFC gave him an extension on his contract partly because of family illness then I , for one , am proud of that 

I agree first part, he's fine for back up. 

He's also happy to be back up. 

No issue with him leaving, no issue with him staying either. 

The number 1 position troubles me more. 

The other two think they are number 1's but imo they are not good enough. 

Number 2 or in this case 3 goalie has  been told he can leave. 

Fair enough 

Don't get the abuse he's getting tho. 

18 minutes ago, Simo said:

What's the chat with his family and sympathy? Not being wide just hadn't heard anything about it. 

On topic good news, nothing against him but he's clearly not good enough. 

One of his kids got meningitis as a baby and ended up brain damaged I think.

He retweeted his wife's tweet last year showing what daily life was like in his family, looked really tough and he seems an all round good guy for the way he deals with what life throws at him.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Levein was shit though and should have been binned after the cup final at the latest. Her failure to act is a massive part of the reason why we're in this mess.

10 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

and I was highlighting the moaning gits who ran to the press crying they were ill treated and disrespected. 
It’s quite simples. The coaching staff inform you, you are no longer in his plans for the future go and find another club. How nice do you want it? 

I've already said how it should be done Dannie. 

With compassion and respect.

There's really no need for anything else is there ?

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I hope Doyle takes us for every penny he can get tbh I’m sure you’ll agree. 

He has a contract with Hearts and he's entitled to every penny. 

I'm sure you'll agree. 

Both clubs and players need to honour their contracts. It's quite simple really.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough 

:spoton:

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

He has a contract with Hearts and he's entitled to every penny. 

I'm sure you'll agree. 

Both clubs and players need to honour their contracts. It's quite simple really.

They dont need to honour their contract if they both come to an arrangement to end it early. 

Which is what usually happens in cases of free transfers between clubs during transfer windows.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough 

I agree with all you say . Been searching for a proper keeper since McLoughlin . Dare I say it , previous regime aimed high . McGregor etc not our fault we didn't land them . Making no excuses for anyone but think it's a difficult position .

Thinking back , despite saying Doyle is/was ok for back up , first reserve (backup) keeper I saw was Cruickshank .

Changed days

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Good decision. Have nothing against Doyle and sounds like he’s had some tough times personally. But he’s not great and we don’t need 3 GKs in the first team

squad.

And we need to stop coddling the whole squad too. It’s part of the culture that’s led to our position.

I Hope he gets a club and moves on for our sake and his own.

Very much this. 

We have looked after the family in a tough period of their lives,  football is a very harsh environment,  hopefully we can help him find another opportunity soon 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough 

The first game I saw him in was the youths v ross county at Tynie and from that point you could see he was poor.

He has been poor when given other chances (other than that save against Hibs) but I agree there is no need for the abuse he gets. Who wouldn't have signed an extension in his circumstances?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I've already said how it should be done Dannie. 

With compassion and respect.

There's really no need for anything else is there ?

Read Tom English and repeat read Tom English and repeat read Tom English and repeat.........

5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

They dont need to honour their contract if they both come to an arrangement to end it early. 

Which is what usually happens in cases of free transfers between clubs during transfer windows.

Yes, I think you know what I meant though.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Read Tom English and repeat read Tom English and repeat read Tom English and repeat.........

Is Tom English an HR Consultant?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

The first game I saw him in was the youths v ross county at Tynie and from that point you could see he was poor.

He has been poor when given other chances (other than that save against Hibs) but I agree there is no need for the abuse he gets. Who wouldn't have signed an extension in his circumstances?

Also, for a number 2 at our level until a young keeper comes through he's fine. 

We aren't going to have two good goalies fighting for number 1.

Costs too much and a decent keeper would be unhappy as number 2 at our level and wages. 

Bit left field but what about Wes fordingham, even on loan. 

Puts him in the shop window, win for us, rangers and him? 

We could, if rumours are true lose 2 keepers this window. 

Concerning. 

jack D and coke

Is Doyle getting abuse? I’m seeing people saying he’s poor -he is- but not really seeing any abuse. 
I don’t wish the guy any badness but he’s part of the problem here. 

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I agree with all you say . Been searching for a proper keeper since McLoughlin . Dare I say it , previous regime aimed high . McGregor etc not our fault we didn't land them . Making no excuses for anyone but think it's a difficult position .

Thinking back , despite saying Doyle is/was ok for back up , first reserve (backup) keeper I saw was Cruickshank .

Changed days

Previous regime signed Kurskis. 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Too young to remember Craig Nelson then?

Ray Dunlop .. Brian wilson

we have had some great goalkeepers but some truly woeful.

MarkDevriesScores4

I’m sure I’m not alone in wishing Colin all the best with his career and actually more importantly, his family. Sounds like they have had a tough time. Whilst Hearts is not a charity and extensions shouldn’t really be handed out for anything other than footballing reasons, I trust that Colin will feel that Hearts have been good to him . I have little doubt he will be able to secure another club, potentially still in Scotland but Hearts in all honesty need far better. We need far better than Bobby, Joel and Colin. 

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yes, I think you know what I meant though.

If you mean he is entitled to see out his contract and get paid until it is up, then yeah he is. 

I'd hope he would rather go somewhere he is wanted as a number one or even as a back up keeper. He is third choice here.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Doyle is a journeyman goalie . Arguably of the standard you would expect us to have as back up . 

If HMFC gave him an extension on his contract partly because of family illness then I , for one , am proud of that 

We're a business mate, not a charity, Stendel has come in and seen it for what it is and rightly told him to bolt because he offers us nothing, there's no room for sentiment in football when you're on the verge of relegation if things don't get fixed, and as a club we need every penny going forward, it won't cost much to buy him out of his contract, but it frees up an ongoing wage. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Possibly the poorest keeper I’ve seen in my time watching Hearts. 
The blunder at Motherwell is always on the cards with him I feel. 
Another Levein special. 

And Levein still decided to extend his contract. The posters all sticking up for Craig at the end of last season must feel pretty stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Also, for a number 2 at our level until a young keeper comes through he's fine. 

We aren't going to have two good goalies fighting for number 1.

Costs too much and a decent keeper would be unhappy as number 2 at our level and wages. 

Bit left field but what about Wes fordingham, even on loan. 

Puts him in the shop window, win for us, rangers and him? 

We could, if rumours are true lose 2 keepers this window. 

Concerning. 

I'm not sure about the Rangers keeper but I agree that possibly losing two keepers this window is concerning if we haven't got a replacement lined up. I dont know if any of the youth keepers are in a place to take the step up.

Does a poster on here not keep up to speed with the youngsters? @Footballfirst maybe?

Also, Doyle is nowhere near the worst keeper we have had.

There are probably a handful of keepers that were worse.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I'm not sure about the Rangers keeper but I agree that possibly losing two keepers this window is concerning if we haven't got a replacement lined up. I dont know if any of the youth keepers are in a place to take the step up.

Does a poster on here not keep up to speed with the youngsters? @Footballfirst maybe?

Stone has been mentioned, but by all reports on here no where near ready for number 1.

Is he not also very young, like 17. 

I also thought he was leaving... 

That's why I have no issue with Doyle as back up. Suits everyone it would seem, but we can't carry 3 keepers either. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

30 minutes ago, kila said:

One of his kids got meningitis as a baby and ended up brain damaged I think.

He retweeted his wife's tweet last year showing what daily life was like in his family, looked really tough and he seems an all round good guy for the way he deals with what life throws at him.

Rebecca has been depressed and felt suicidal.

She was raising money for charity, through Big Hearts too.

This is an interesting tweet she made and some of the comments from Bradford fans.

All the best, treated loke crap by toxic club....

3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

We're a business mate, not a charity, Stendel has come in and seen it for what it is and rightly told him to bolt because he offers us nothing, there's no room for sentiment in football when you're on the verge of relegation if things don't get fixed, and as a club we need every penny going forward, it won't cost much to buy him out of his contract, but it frees up an ongoing wage. 

We needed a backup keeper Doyle , basically , filled that position . If we can also behave in a decent manner towards our employees it doesn't turn us into a charity 

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Also, Doyle is nowhere near the worst keeper we have had.

There are probably a handful of keepers that were worse.

That boy Craig ???? we had in the early 90's was worse. He couldn't seem to get anything right.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stone has been mentioned, but by all reports on here no where near ready for number 1.

Is he not also very young, like 17. 

I also thought he was leaving... 

That's why I have no issue with Doyle as back up. Suits everyone it would seem, but we can't carry 3 keepers either. 

The Tims were in for him but deal never happened for some reason.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

And Levein still decided to extend his contract. The posters all sticking up for Craig at the end of last season must feel pretty stupid. 

Just another in a long line of crap decisions. 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Stendel must have had a bad pint of Guinness once. 

Was thinking that haha.

Whelan, Doyle, Keena, Daly, Mulraney.. Aidy White must be getting nervous.

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

We needed a backup keeper Doyle , basically , filled that position . If we can also behave in a decent manner towards our employees it doesn't turn us into a charity 

That's just it though mate, Doyle was a total and utter bombscare of a keeper and it's just another Levein failure in a long list of failures not to find a better keeper, not just better than Doyle, but better than Zlamal too (because there's not a lot between them really), I was gobsmacked when he gave Doyle another year but understood the reasons why, but looking back, it was a terrible decision by Levein who should have went out and signed much better quality than either of that pair and let one of them go in the process, which would have been Doyle because his contract was up. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That boy Craig ???? we had in the early 90's was worse. He couldn't seem to get anything right.

Nelson? He was hopeless but I still maintain these 3 are in the top 10 worst Hearts keepers. Which would be ok if they weren't our only keepers - how you can sign 3 shite keepers is beyond me!

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Just another in a long line of crap decisions. 

And if the club had announced he was surplus at the peak of his troubles, instead of (humanely?) extending his contract, what would you and the media have said?

From a purely football point of view the extension was probably wrong but as a caring employer we should be commended.  The circumstances seemed to have been exceptional.

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's just it though mate, Doyle was a total and utter bombscare of a keeper and it's just another Levein failure in a long list of failures not to find a better keeper, not just better than Doyle, but better than Zlamal too (because there's not a lot between them really), I was gobsmacked when he gave Doyle another year but understood the reasons why, but looking back, it was a terrible decision by Levein who should have went out and signed much better quality than either of that pair and let one of them go in the process, which would have been Doyle because his contract was up. 

Who do you think we should go for now?

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Nelson? He was hopeless but I still maintain these 3 are in the top 10 worst Hearts keepers. Which would be ok if they weren't our only keepers - how you can sign 3 shite keepers is beyond me!

Aye that's him, I had a mental block there and kept coming up with Gordon when trying to mind his name. 

Our keepers are pish.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Possibly the poorest keeper I’ve seen in my time watching Hearts. 
The blunder at Motherwell is always on the cards with him I feel. 
Another Levein special. 

Eduardas Kurskis by a distance for me.

Edited by Ray Gin

Captain Lithuania
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

No I’m not :lol: Henry was in goal when I first started going. Nelson was crap but Doyle imo is the worst keeper I’ve seen play for us. 
Just looks like he’s going to fumble it or drop it or something. Looks really stiff for a keeper. 
edit: These current keepers are the 3 worst keepers I’ve seen in goal for us. All of them cost us goals every time they play. 

What about this guy?

E4FAAA40-2A49-419A-901B-2617C5D5E3F9.jpeg

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And if the club had announced he was surplus at the peak of his troubles, instead of (humanely?) extending his contract, what would you and the media have said?

From a purely football point of view the extension was probably wrong but as a caring employer we should be commended.  The circumstances seemed to have been exceptional.

I’m not really sure what’s happened and like I say I wish the guy no harm. If we’ve done him a good turn hopefully he’ll return the favour and not sit about just taking a wage then. 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Who do you think we should go for now?

Last handful of games I’ve seen Jamie McDonald play in, he has been solid and in a couple of the games, outstanding. 

worth considering imho