Doyle free to leave?

BRY

Doyle is an honest pro. As previously said ok back up keeper but I suppose when we have two keepers the manager rates above him them no sense in keeping him on the books.

Never going to be our number one. Hopefully we can free up his wages

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• JamboAl

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

31 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We can't all be  club lickspittles and happy clappers like you. Which is just as well or your man Levein would still be in charge. 

I am not a Hibs or Rangers lickspittle.  I am a Hearts supporter -  not someone criticising Hearts Forever.

All I asked was whether CL would be right to sit and pick up his money like you suggested with a player and you have found immense difficulty answering with trying to insert qualifications and Ifs.  Is there a reason you find it so difficult?

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I am not a Hibs or Rangers lickspittle.  I am a Hearts supporter -  not someone criticising Hearts Forever.

All I asked was whether CL would be right to sit and pick up his money like you suggested with a player and you have found immense difficulty answering with trying to insert qualifications and Ifs.  Is there a reason you find it so difficult?

Craig Levein can do what he wants (literally) thanks to Budge thinking he's some kind of managerial/footballing genius. 

annushorribilis III
On 15/01/2020 at 18:07, queensferryjambo said:

He was signed as a second choice keeper / back up keeper. His position has never changed in the 2 seasons he has been at Hearts.

At no point in his Hearts career has his role ever changed. The only time he isn't in the squad / on the bench is when he broke his ankle. 

So by your bizarre logic if a keeper isn't first choice he has been binned. So he was binned from the day he signed for Hearts and any other back up keeper at any other club has also been 'binned' ?

Binned in my eyes is - out of the squad, dropped to the reserves out the door. Not sitting pretty on the bench every week as back up (when fit).

Bizarre logic = keeper signed to compete for No1 spot (CLs words) .

No1 keeper is SO bad he gets dropped but No2 keeper isn't good enough to take his place.

Club signs a total nobody 3rd keeper and Doyle remains what he is.

Imagine being Doyle, you can't get a game even when the No1 keeper has been deemed useless. 

Spin it how you like. 

14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Craig Levein can do what he wants (literally) thanks to Budge thinking he's some kind of managerial/footballing genius. 

Still wriggling like an eel!

I didn't ask if he could do what he wants.

I asked if you thought it was right for him to sit on his rear end and pick up his wages, as contracted, in the same way as you thought the player was entitled to do.

Yes or No?

41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ignore him. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Still wriggling like an eel!

I didn't ask if he could do what he wants.

I asked if you thought it was right for him to sit on his rear end and pick up his wages, as contracted, in the same way as you thought the player was entitled to do.

Yes or No?

That's up to Craig Levein and his conscience. PersonallyI think he should be giving some of his wages back for doing such a bad job but that's another story. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

Bizarre logic = keeper signed to compete for No1 spot (CLs words) .

No1 keeper is SO bad he gets dropped but No2 keeper isn't good enough to take his place.

Club signs a total nobody 3rd keeper and Doyle remains what he is.

Imagine being Doyle, you can't get a game even when the No1 keeper has been deemed useless. 

Spin it how you like. 

None of what you have said above has anything to do with your comments about Doyle being 'binned' by Levein. 

You have just wandered off on another tangent that has nothing to do with the point. I am sticking to the point you made and you were absolutely incorrect and everything you said is false backed up by solid facts from match day squad selections by Levein. .

No matter how much nonsense you spout, back away from your initial comment or try to fudge the debate with other random thoughts about Doyle you still cannot back up your ridiculous comment  that Doyle was  'binned by Levein'.

When you posted your comments you clearly weren't aware Doyle made every squad this season when fit. I also get the feeling when you informed us all that Doyle had been 'binned' you either never knew or had forgotten Doyle had broken his ankle.

38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's up to Craig Levein and his conscience. PersonallyI think he should be giving some of his wages back for doing such a bad job but that's another story. 

Still no direct Yes or No .

Says all you need to know!

Captain Canada

Doyle's best performance was in the game v Motherwell. I was starting to warm to him then he made that howler. Still can't understand why he didn't put a cap on! 

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think you are right but he was signed as a back-up keeper.  We can't even find a decent 1st keeper right now.

I actually think there are better back up keepers out there.. 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

I actually think there are better back up keepers out there.. 

No doubt, but there's a reason back-up keepers are back-up keepers. They tend to make mistakes, be inexperienced or near the end of their career, and are considered not as reliable as the No. 1. Still amazed at 8 pages for a reserve goalie with 10 or so games and actually not too bad a record in them. Personally I'm a fan of a solid No. 1, an experienced (in 30s) back-up who maybe doubles as goalie coach and a youngster we hope will break through. Hoping we look at CG as the experienced back-up/coach and potentially short-term No. 1.