Doyle free to leave?

BRY

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

I see you know who still managing to reel in a lot

Definitely trying. I am on tenterhooks to learn my agenda and what distortions of the truth I have posted.Ā 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• JamboAl

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Definitely trying. I am on tenterhooks to learn my agenda and what distortions of the truth I have posted.Ā 

šŸ˜‰ best just to ignore

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I remember getting pelters on here when he got the contract extension due to his personal situation. I said it was a ridiculous thing to do considering he is absolute murder. Funny seeing folk agree with me now.Ā 

Sorry but what is his personal situation?

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Your inference was Tom English was not an HR consultant so why would he need to be,Ā  unless Hearts had broken rules,Ā  plain.

Ā 

Now you have accused me of being a liar.Ā 

Ā 

Do the decent thing,Ā  be brave and explain why.Ā 

Ā 

Not an allegation I am taking lightly.Ā 

Ā 

So what lies have I told.

Ā 

Ā 

Sir Gio

Ā Ā  3 hours ago,Ā Ā SpoletoĀ said:Ā 

Ā 

Is Tom English an HR Consultant?

No and we don't need one either.Ā 

Ā 

Tell us which HR rules have been broken oh HR guruĀ 

Ā 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ā 

Show me where I said HR rules had been broken Gio.

Ā 

It's a simple request. But you can't do it csn you?Ā 

Ā 

There's a reason for that ....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Ā 

Sir Gio

Ā Ā  3 hours ago,Ā Ā SpoletoĀ said:Ā 

Ā 

Is Tom English an HR Consultant?

No and we don't need one either.Ā 

Ā 

Tell us which HR rules have been broken oh HR guruĀ 

Ā 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What is my agenda?

Ā 

What lies have I told?

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

His son was seriously unwell with meningitis.Ā 

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What is my agenda?

Ā 

What lies have I told?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

His son was seriously unwell with meningitis.Ā 

Sorry to hear that. Hope the boy has recoveredĀ 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Much the same as you not being able to answer if you are related to Craig Levein. You can't do it, can you? šŸ˜Ž

Forever Hearts
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope the boy has recoveredĀ 

It was before his time with Hearts but I think the boy has on going problems

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Ā 

That's just it though mate, Doyle was a total and utter bombscare of a keeper and it's just another Levein failure in a long list of failures not to find a better keeper, not just better than Doyle, but better than Zlamal too (because there's not a lot between them really), I was gobsmacked when he gave Doyle another year but understood the reasons why, but looking back, it was a terrible decision by Levein who should have went out and signed much better quality than either of that pair and let one of them go in the process, which would have been Doyle because his contract was up.Ā 

Levein tried to sign McGregor and another top keeper (can't remember who?) . As discussed previously it's not an easy position . Reserve keeper is always , at our level , going to be a compromiseĀ  unless we get really lucky .

Doyle was , I agree not great , but a reasonable compromise

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Much the same as you not being able to answer if you are related to Craig Levein. You can't do it, can you? šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

It's not that I can't, I simply won't.

2 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

Good point. I do wonder if we see an improvement in our defensive line, i.e. no Berra, whether that might translate to a more confident keeper. Saying that I'd be very happy to see a replacement for either of our Goalies.

Ā 

Need a new keeper. Hibs keeper is being released, Maxwell? Any better than what we have already? They've got Marciano and just brought back Adam Bogdan.Ā 

Ach...nah, i'm sure we could find better!

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ā 

Need a new keeper. Hibs keeper is being released, Maxwell? Any better than what we have already? They've got Marciano and just brought back Adam Bogdan.Ā 

Ach...nah, i'm sure we could find better!

Not actually sure if anyone has suggested any valid options in the goalie departmentĀ 

6 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Will give his wife something to moan about on Twitter

Very harsh. Ā Their family has been through a hellishĀ time of it the last couple of years.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Your inference to Tom English. You got your answer. Your request has been politely granted unsurprisingly you chose to ignore the answer.Ā 

Ā 

Assume you have no answer for me and your unfounded allegations?Ā 

Ā 

Poor form,Ā  thought you would be able to set me straight.Ā 

Ā 

You haven't told us what the truth is either with regard to the demotion of certain players.Ā 

Ā 

All ears waiting to be informedĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

12 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not actually sure if anyone has suggested any valid options in the goalie departmentĀ 

Ā 

Yes, not many been mentioned, only McLaughlin that I am aware of. I'm pretty sure Stendel or his assistant would know one or two good ones in Germany though no? Wasn't the assistant a goalie himself or goalie coach or something?Ā 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He was almost unemployed because heā€™s a shite goalie? He wanted to leave in the summer and we gave him a new deal ridiculously because it coincided with Bobby being a bombscare.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He was almost unemployed because heā€™s a shite goalie? He wanted to leave in the summer and we gave him a new deal ridiculously because it coincided with Bobby being a bombscare.Ā 

Ā 

Did he want to leave? And Bobby has always been like that at all his clubs I think!

26 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ā 

Yes, not many been mentioned, only McLaughlin that I am aware of. I'm pretty sure Stendel or his assistant would know one or two good ones in Germany though no? Wasn't the assistant a goalie himself or goalie coach or something?Ā 

Does make a mockery of the 'we should just go and get a great keeper' type posts.

I appreciate everything is online nowadays but perhaps the local knowledge of our German coaches will produce someone

Just seen post above

Edited by johnthomas

MarkDevriesScores4
24 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ā 

Hoping our new 2nd in command will know a few good German keepers that are maybe warming benches or looking for a move.

46 minutes ago, kila said:

Ā 

Did he want to leave? And Bobby has always been like that at all his clubs I think!

I think he was quoted with being away then all

of a sudden got a new contract for some reason. Ā 

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What is the truth?

7 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Ā 

Too young to remember Craig Nelson then?

Or Kurskis, , Hamilton etc. Itā€™s a fair list to be honest.Ā 

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I remember getting pelters on here when he got the contract extension due to his personal situation. I said it was a ridiculous thing to do considering he is absolute murder. Funny seeing folk agree with me now.Ā 

Ā 

Funny seeing folk agree with you at all, FH. ;)

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ā 

Ā 

Think at our level it's pretty common.Ā 

Have an established number 1 and a back up.Ā 

Ideally our back up is a young lad breaking through but stone is far too young for that.Ā 

Ā 

Given our resources for each position, I'd ideally like -Ā 

A good credible number 1.

Young, promising lad breaking through.Ā 

We don't have that so an older, average keeper is OK.Ā 

Ā 

Our back up keeper really isn't a big concern for clubs at out level, a good number 1 is.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Fair point. Ā Doyle is not a youngster though, so for him happy to be back up (if he is/was), is really uninspiring. Ā 
Ā 

You are right though. Ā Getting a decentĀ number one is more important.Ā 

Another case of player mistreatment by our German commander.Ā 

Ā 

Media gone wild.Ā 

Ā 

Stendel doing a fantastic job so far.Ā 

32 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

Doyle is a waste of a Jersey and a thread

Difficult circumstances to know the best thing to do. Morally correct. Not a big earner I would imagine.Ā 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Difficult circumstances to know the best thing to do. Morally correct. Not a big earner I would imagine.Ā 

Do we just give every shite player a contract if they are having personal problems? We're a football club (supposedly) not a charity.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do we just give every shite player a contract if they are having personal problems? We're a football club (supposedly) not a charity.Ā 

Save the Children is proudly displayed on the shirt. Compassion is a good thing in this case.Ā 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Save the Children is proudly displayed on the shirt. Compassion is a good thing in this case.Ā 

Speaking of which.Ā 

Ā 

Princess Anne honoured at Aberdeen University today for her work with Save the Children.Ā 

Ā 

Mystery benefactor :)????

Ā 

MarkDevriesScores4

People that think Doyle was given free money fromĀ the club because of personal issues and out of charityĀ are the same people that think the earth is flat.

Ā 

Those angry about his wifeā€™s activityĀ on Twitter need to get a hobby.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

People that think Doyle was given free money fromĀ the club because of personal issues and out of charityĀ are the same people that think the earth is flat.

Ā 

Those angry about his wifeā€™s activityĀ on Twitter need to get a hobby.

Yep who cares what is said on social media

57 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Has someone said we should or was this just a one-off?

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Has someone said we should or was this just a one-off?

It wasnā€™t even a one-off. The charity handout myth is something purely created by the paranoid users of JKB.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

It wasnā€™t even a one-off. The charity handout myth is something purely created by the paranoid users of JKB.

He's working for the club and is entitled to a wage.Ā 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

He's working for the club and is entitled to a wage.Ā 

Exactly. Some people donā€™t seem to be able to grasp that. Itā€™s not charity, itā€™s a wage.

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Do you know this for certain or are you just suiting your agenda?

12 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Indeed.Ā I went back and had a look at the thread about him signing the extension. One poster made the throw away suggestion that we might have given him the extension due to his personal issues. They didn't say they knew it was the case, more a vague thought. There was a little bit of chat about it, but no one claimed to know that was the reason. Now various people seem to be posting it as fact.

Ā 

The decision to extend Doyle's contract was clearly a mistake at the time. No upside for us and lots of downside risk. Quite likely to be another player who is on our books, unwanted. At best we have probably made it more expensive to come to an arrangement with him for him to move on.Ā 

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you know this for certain or are you just suiting your agenda?

My agenda? Whatā€™s my agenda?

Ā 

Hearts do not give away free money to players. I can assure you of that. despite the amount of overpaid employees we might have, they are employees, not charity cases. Grow up.

****sake man, i'm going to miss Doyle. One of Leveins better signings.Ā 

I mind that time he said.. "Dave!...Dave? some name for a guy fromĀ czechoslovakia!Ā 

Classic.Ā 

Edited by Space Pirate

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not sure the majority do agree with you.Ā 
Ā 

Hereā€™s a scenario- you work for a bank, insurance company or local authority, you have a wife and kids, more than one of them becomes fairly seriously ill, your work performance suffers, you need to take time off work at random times, things are really tough.Ā Do you expect your employer to show you some compassion, give you time off, do what they can to stabilise your family situation or do you expect your employer to just sack you for performance/attendance issues?Ā