• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

So Levein can take credit for the Championship title, then 3rd then heading for 3rd again?

Where did I say that? Robbie won the Championship with great attacking style, record points and record goals tally. In the Premiership, we started well but it’s well documented Levein started interfering in team tactics.  Remember Daly running notes from Levein to Robbie. Net result was the team became defensive in style and boring to watch.  Just look what Robbie is doing at Dundee Utd with no Levein to interfere.

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Where did I say that? Robbie won the Championship with great attacking style, record points and record goals tally. In the Premiership, we started well but it’s well documented Levein started interfering in team tactics.  Remember Daly running notes from Levein to Robbie. Net result was the team became defensive in style and boring to watch.  Just look what Robbie is doing at Dundee Utd with no Levein to interfere.

Totally agree mate. Too many on here think they are somehow special.

Just now, johnking123 said:

My favourite player growing up.

Colquhoun was my favourite player, and still is when names get banded about. Must've been the best £50k we ever spent. Celtic slipped up selling him to us as Davie Provan had to retire the season after. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Colquhoun was my favourite player, and still is when names get banded about. Must've been the best £50k we ever spent. Celtic slipped up selling him to us as Davie Provan had to retire the season after. 

Proven wasn't half the player JC was 

40 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Struggle to recall the last decent traditional winger hearts had with the ability to cut inside and attack directly. Hope this guy remedies that. Would love some attacking pace on the flanks.

Jaunjo 🙌

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Proven wasn't half the player JC was 

Provan was the reason Hearts managed to get JC in. Big mistake on Celtic's part looking back. Cannae believe it was 35 years ago! 😨

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Provan was the reason Hearts managed to get JC in. Big mistake on Celtic's part looking back. Cannae believe it was 35 years ago! 😨

Agree! JC,  robbo and big sandy what a forward line that was 

Skippy Doodle
19 minutes ago, Prof said:

I think it’s harsh to just blame CL for the change in style. I always thought that the first half hammering at home to Aberdeen had an impact on the way Robbie set up his teams. I would suspect that UTD will also have a change of style once promoted 

Skippy Doodle
48 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Struggle to recall the last decent traditional winger hearts had with the ability to cut inside and attack directly. Hope this guy remedies that. Would love some attacking pace on the flanks.

Miko was a very underrated traditional winger 

22 minutes ago, Prof said:

And plenty of passing about at the back between defenders. 

Do you remember Jack Ross doing the same as Daly?

Do you comment on every other team that has someone from the coaching staff sitting in the stand relaying information to the manager/coach at pitchside? 

Come on Hearts announce a signing! 

4 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Miko was a very underrated traditional winger 

Same with chesny. Them in their form of that season would both walk into our current team. 

15 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I think it’s harsh to just blame CL for the change in style. I always thought that the first half hammering at home to Aberdeen had an impact on the way Robbie set up his teams. I would suspect that UTD will also have a change of style once promoted 

Come on, you know the score on here. Every good player or game was in spite of Levein. Every bad player or game was because of Levein. No exceptions

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Same with chesny. Them in their form of that season would both walk into our current team. 

Easily. Both were terrific wee players. 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Barack said:

I've already said I welcome our tiny winger. We are an inclusive club. 

Hit a note calling a 5'8" guy tiny there, me thinks 😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, 5tubo1 said:

Twice half its length 👍

Or half twice it's length, depends on how long the string is tho. 

Darth Sidious
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

The Bosnian Bullet? Not a Levein signing. Maybe I've forgotten another player known as the bullet.

There was only one 'Bullet' and he was the Bosnian Bullet.  Quality quick paced player whose career was unfortunately ended by an advertising board as he was so fast no force on Earth could slow his momentum.

Edited by Darth Sidious

Avdijaj looks like he certainly has ability, but his attitude sounds very questionable and I am not sure he is what we need right now in a relegation fight.  We are in desperate need for some big leaders on the park to pull us through to the summer.  Still though, he will likely be a vast improvement on the garbage we currently have so I'm in. 

53 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Best value for money signing we ever made imo. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Uche said:

Avdijaj looks like he certainly has ability, but his attitude sounds very questionable and I am not sure he is what we need right now in a relegation fight.  We are in desperate need for some big leaders on the park to pull us through to the summer.  Still though, he will likely be a vast improvement on the garbage we currently have so I'm in. 

Sniff sniff

better than shaneonga

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Busman2 said:

Has he actually arrived in the country yet or is it speculation?

Spence tweeted that he will be at the game today and probably make his debut against Ross County

Seymour M Hersh
38 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Is he flying over by pidgeon? 😄

Meanwhile at Fester Road Ginger minge and Sirgay assemble their response! 

th.jpeg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Spence tweeted that he will be at the game today and probably make his debut against Ross County

Do you know how reliable Spence is normally? 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Meanwhile at Fester Road Ginger mine and Sigay assemble their response! 

th.jpeg

Catch the pigeon, catch the pigeon, now

Just heard from a pal that Donis is flying in for contract talks after being freed from Trabzonspor. Fingers crossed he signs and he is good enough to play for Hearts.

36 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Come on, you know the score on here. Every good player or game was in spite of Levein. Every bad player or game was because of Levein. No exceptions

Yes he did a great job both at Hearts and with Scotland. That’s why he was binned from both.

Just now, graygo said:

We should have a separate thread for things like this, a transfer super thread kind of thing.

Excellent idea! 

Lads, just got a text from a guy that's usually spot on with these kind of things. Some player from Turkey has had his contract cancelled and is flying in for talks with us? Anyone got a name? 

number witheld
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Just heard from a pal that Donis is flying in for contract talks after being freed from Trabzonspor. Fingers crossed he signs and he is good enough to play for Hearts.

What a scoop.