3 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Might even win some post split fixtures for a change! 😄

It's about time we beat Rangers. 🇱🇻😎🇱🇻

7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

No no, all recruiting clubs in Europe have alerts set up on kickback

Simeone uses jkb instead of wyscout

😂

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did Ross sign him or Mathie? Come on BBC.....

No chance it was Ross thats a lets get our fans on our side signing 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

No he is a good player from what I've seen

In the 2-1 game he was ahead of the play at both ends all match and was pivotal to Hibs win. But that's the game and that comes from having motivated players in your team, there's nothing there one of our players can't do 

April at Tynie? Was he ****.... Was it not Burns that was on him and Hibs deserved **** all from that game

5 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Kosovo not long joined the football world? Maybe thought his chances of playing international were better? Or wouldve been his first choice if they were active at the time?

5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Loads of players from that region switched allegiances to make themselves available for Kosovo. They're a really good team. 

Yup, he originally chose to play for Albania due to his parents being from there, his youth record for Germany was impressive and by all accounts when he decided to play for the Albanian national team he still had a bright enough future he could play for Germany one day. He could easily get a game for Albania but chose Kosovo due to allegiances. They’re pretty decent. Think if Catalonia became independent, you’d have swathes of players who’ve played for Barcelona, Spain internationals suddenly switching allegiance. Not same level obviously but Kosovo are no San Marino.

5 hours ago, Prof said:

Nonsense. It’s about time everyone realised that Levein had no idea whatsoever about how to set up an attack. Levein was perfectly capable of making a complete ****up  of a forward line that included Skacel, Robbo and Colqhoun.

Levein wasn't the manager when Watt was with us...Watt was pish and had nothing to do with management

7 hours ago, RasberryJam said:

How I'm I clearly Hibs?

I'm just as excited as everyone else. Most likely one of the longest Hearts supporters on this forum. Certainly one of the oldest.

Really? How long are you exactly?

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Very excited to see how many different spellings and pronunciations of Avdijaj folk can come up with. 

I’m going for either the one letter out (ala Stendel/Stendal) with Avdejaj. Or it’ll be letters the wrong way round with Advijaj. However I’m guessing most will go the Ikpeazu route and just refer to him by his first name or an abbreviated version (Don, Donny) or a nickname like Adonis. Anything to avoid spelling it correctly I’d imagine.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m going for either the one letter out (ala Stendel/Stendal) with Avdejaj. Or it’ll be letters the wrong way round with Advijaj. However I’m guessing most will go the Ikpeazu route and just refer to him by his first name or an abbreviated version (Don, Donny) or a nickname like Adonis. Anything to avoid spelling it correctly I’d imagine.

I've already decided on calling him Don, maybe The Don or Wee Donner.

Wonder how fit he is. If Levein signed someone like this he'd play about 5 mins for the rest of the season while he "got himself match fit", "picked up niggles as its been a while since he played" and "got acclimatised" etc. Amankwaa springs to mind.

Don't see that under Stendel. Hope Don is ready to go.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein managed Watt? I always feel wingers have been Levein's blind spot rather than forwards. Can't think of one genuinely good one he's signed or developed. 

In terms of forwards Levein signed or played a lot as manager, De Vries, Kirk, Lafferty, McKenna, Naismith and Fuller were or are all very good. Most recently, Uche, Naismith and McLean looked a promising front line until two of them got injured, as did Naismith and Washington, until they both got injured. But yeah, Steven McLean leading the line for god knows how long was not the best.

Jean-Louis Valois was a decent enough wide man that Levein signed. Apart from him I can't think of anyone else.

Donees avdeeaye is how he pronounces it in this video: 

Looking forward to the scarf over the head! 

Who the **** cares who Hibs have signed, as soon as Stendel is up and running with his team theyll be back being irrelevant

34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I've already decided on calling him Don, maybe The Don or Wee Donner.

Wonder how fit he is. If Levein signed someone like this he'd play about 5 mins for the rest of the season while he "got himself match fit", "picked up niggles as its been a while since he played" and "got acclimatised" etc. Amankwaa springs to mind.

Don't see that under Stendel. Hope Don is ready to go.

Last squad he was in was an unused sub on 28th December. They’ve only played a few matches since then. Last played on 19th December in a cup game, Daniel Sturridge scored 2 in a 4-1 win, his first was a rebound from an Avdijaj shot (he’s no.7): 

Last league game he played was on 16th December, came on as a sub. On 12th December he started the Europa League loss to FC Basel. He started most of the Europa League but in the league he’s mostly been on the bench but did seem to come on for most games. His last league start (and goal) was 23rd September in a 2-1 loss to Sivasspor: 

So obviously not playing as much football as he would like, but he’s obviously fit enough unless there’s an injury I’m unaware of. Should be noted Trabzonspor appear to prefer a front three of Sturridge, Nwakaeme and Sorloth. Sorloth in particular (on loan from Crystal Palace) has scored 15 in 26 so far this season, so him along with Sturridge’s qualities (and wages) we’re all well aware of it’s not too surprising Avdijaj had found himself a wee bit down that pecking order.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Jean-Louis Valois was a decent enough wide man that Levein signed. Apart from him I can't think of anyone else.

Twaddle and Boyack spring to mind

Edited by VivaObua

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Last squad he was in was an unused sub on 28th December. They’ve only played a few matches since then. Last played on 19th December in a cup game, Daniel Sturridge scored 2 in a 4-1 win, his first was a rebound from an Avdijaj shot (he’s no.7): 

Last league game he played was on 16th December, came on as a sub. On 12th December he started the Europa League loss to FC Basel. He started most of the Europa League but in the league he’s mostly been on the bench but did seem to come on for most games. His last league start (and goal) was 23rd September in a 2-1 loss to Sivasspor: 

So obviously not playing as much football as he would like, but he’s obviously fit enough unless there’s an injury I’m unaware of.

Ah cool, just had quick wiki and saw he hasn't played as much recently as in other seasons but tgats all good info.

I guess you hope he's been in full training since the Turkish winter break.

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So obviously not playing as much football as he would like, but he’s obviously fit enough unless there’s an injury I’m unaware of. Should be noted Trabzonspor appear to prefer a front three of Sturridge, Nwakaeme and Sorloth. Sorloth in particular (on loan from Crystal Palace) as scored 15 in 26 so far this season, so him along with Sturridge’s qualities (and wages) we’re all well aware of it’s not too surprising Avdijaj has found himself a wee bit down that pecking order.

Thanks for that just a wee glimpse of what he can do.He looks a very direct player which is good to see and a tidy little finish.

Will be very happy when Donis confirmed, but it should/must not be the only one. DS is not hanging about trying to get us out of this mess and what now is a crisis. But he must get the backing he needs, his budget up til now seems to be limited because of previous incompetence and squandering of resources. Of course we have limitations, but that should not be the case. If another two or three coming in is what keeps us in the prem that would be a successful investment IMO. Today is vital in terms of our new system and a good cup run can generate funds. This can be turned round, but our coach and team must get all the encouragement they need. From all parts of our club.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So obviously not playing as much football as he would like, but he’s obviously fit enough unless there’s an injury I’m unaware of. Should be noted Trabzonspor appear to prefer a front three of Sturridge, Nwakaeme and Sorloth. Sorloth in particular (on loan from Crystal Palace) has scored 15 in 26 so far this season, so him along with Sturridge’s qualities (and wages) we’re all well aware of it’s not too surprising Avdijaj had found himself a wee bit down that pecking order.

Just quoting my own post on a new page because quite frankly I spent 10 minutes “researching” the above and I don’t like the idea of efforts going to waste on a previous page! 😆

Imagine he doesn’t sign though. 😐 I’m trying to curb my enthusiasm as I don’t want to be disappointed. I’ve said in this thread I had a feeling we may not sign anyone based on what had been reported previously unless it came out of the blue - Avdijaj certainly is not a name you’d expect anywhere near us so I’m now finding it difficult not to get excited at the prospect! Wondering what shirt no he may wear, seems to prefer the no.7 and has previously worn 77 but unless Bozanic or Meshino free those numbers up he would have to plump for something different. 34 maybe?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Phil D. Corners
24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just quoting my own post on a new page because quite frankly I spent 10 minutes “researching” the above and I don’t like the idea of efforts going to waste on a previous page! 😆

:thumbsup: I thought you had done some reading up. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

That Omeonga doesn’t score goals, doesn’t setup goals, doesn’t defend and break up play, the lad plays it sideways and runs about. Nothing special. 

Looked decent on the ball but, as you say a bit of a “look at me player” not overly effective. Typical Hibs player but, no doubt The Evening Hobo will be raving about him will concentrating on the “bad boy” past of Donis 

Edited by Jamhammer

Ronald Villiers
8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Av Di Jai possibly Av Di Yai

It's either this or Av-Dee-Aye by the sounds of it Jeff.  

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Milinkovic was another. When you look at the players Levein signed as manager he really didn't sign many out and out wingers.

14 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Milinkovic was another. When you look at the players Levein signed as manager he really didn't sign many out and out wingers.

He didn't sign many actual useful players. His eye for attracting a poor ineffective player was phenomenal. 

22 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Had the feeling Levein didn't really like him though

Do teams use wingers in the traditional sense anymore? It’s all about wide attackers who tend to operate on one side of the pitch. 

it’s the full backs who tend to be the ones supplying the crosses now

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Tried to sign him after his loan ended tbf. Just couldn’t match hull’s wages. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do teams use wingers in the traditional sense anymore? It’s all about wide attackers who tend to operate on one side of the pitch. 

it’s the full backs who tend to be the ones supplying the crosses now

The days of neil McCann type players are over

21 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

He didn't sign many actual useful players. His eye for attracting a poor ineffective player was phenomenal. 

The Bullet.  

Could cross a ball (singular)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I thought Milinkovic was one of the few people Levein actually managed well. 

David left us we wanted him 

MarkDevriesScores4

Struggle to recall the last decent traditional winger hearts had with the ability to cut inside and attack directly. Hope this guy remedies that. Would love some attacking pace on the flanks.

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

That Omeonga doesn’t score goals, doesn’t setup goals, doesn’t defend and break up play, the lad plays it sideways and runs about. Nothing special. 

Does he do any pointing?

4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Struggle to recall the last decent traditional winger hearts had with the ability to cut inside and attack directly. Hope this guy remedies that. Would love some attacking pace on the flanks.

Suso? 

8 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The Bullet.  

Could cross a ball (singular)

The Bosnian Bullet? Not a Levein signing. Maybe I've forgotten another player known as the bullet.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

That was just another strange Leveinism. 

Rarely wanted to play him away from home, whinged at him if he didn't stick to the particular part of the pitch he was told to yet offered him another contract which he didn't take. Levein's thinking really is quite something!

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Oh, for another John Colquhoun in the future!

13 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Jamie Walker back when he could run and he looked like he enjoyed playing football.

Billy King loved a cut back inside and strike when he played on the left.