Stendel signs two and a half year contract

Sooperstar

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 hours ago, sadj said:

Was that to soak up her tears at her team getting humped

They seem to have settled for being an in and out team.  Only makes our predicament sadder 

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• mitch41

• GinRummy

• Armageddon

Let us just give this man a chance. I'll wager there are a few players currently in the first team squad who are peeing in their pants at the thought of playing a high pressing game with security at the back, equally there are a considerable number of particularly the younger players who I,m sure are licking their lips at the prospect of his style of play, which is more or less the same style as Andy Kirk and John Rankin have been promoting in the Reserves and Youth set up!

ONWARDS and UPWARDS our Fans demand it.

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Harry Cochrane strikes me as Stendel's type of player. Young, energetic, with ability, and well suited to a high press approach. I reckon, too, that a few of Andy Kirk's youngsters will get a chance to impress. 

I think this sensation I'm experiencing at the moment used to be called optimism. Probably still is but I'll have to check. 

Cochrane doesnt have an engine he was blowing most games after 60mins, now alot of this could just be age but that would need to improve.

5 minutes ago, TWF said:

Let us just give this man a chance. I'll wager there are a few players currently in the first team squad who are peeing in their pants at the thought of playing a high pressing game with security at the back, equally there are a considerable number of particularly the younger players who I,m sure are licking their lips at the prospect of his style of play, which is more or less the same style as Andy Kirk and John Rankin have been promoting in the Reserves and Youth set up!

ONWARDS and UPWARDS our Fans demand it.

I think this would have played a part in Stendel coming in is that the youth setup is how he would see us playing.

Its only the first team that cant play that style.

I see a fair few youngsters coming through assuming we are far away from relegation.

The rat catcher

Heavy Metal Football coming to Gorgie?

Heavy Metal Football is a term coined by the current Liverpool FC manager, Jurgen Klopp, and it describes a type of play characterized by high pressing, quick passing and a very hard work rate. It is in-your-face type of football - fast, aggressive, passionate and exciting.

Image result for scorpions metallum

Looking forward to his first interview and hearing what he's got to say about the club and his plans going forward. 

Its just unfortunate that we'll need to wait until Tuesday. 

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I think this would have played a part in Stendel coming in is that the youth setup is how he would see us playing.

Its only the first team that cant play that style.

I see a fair few youngsters coming through assuming we are far away from relegation.

Heard that at Riccarton there were TWO tactics boards, the first team board showed an array of arrows pointing sideways and backwards with very few pointing forwards. The other board for the reserves and colts teams the arrows were all pointing in the one direction - Forward and backed up with a series of tank traps (for the defence) !!!!!!!!!

41 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No comp and we've just announced him.

Absolute rubbish, we've been talking for 3 or 4 days to them

Exactly, plus if there was no comp paid in the end, it's because Budge has made them see sense about the compo they were after.  All good now regardless.  Looking forward to what DS can do with the current squad.

He's got a job on to improve us, but if you look at the improvement someone like Stevie Clarke got from the Killie team, a squad with not exactly huge amounts of talent, overnight, you just have to hope that he can get us firing well enough in the short term to let him assess the squad properly.

A more positive approach from the players will be a start.

18 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Cochrane doesnt have an engine he was blowing most games after 60mins, now alot of this could just be age but that would need to improve.

that is my hope with cochrane that it is his age meaning his stamina is not that great. hopefully as he matures that improves

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A key point is the control and authority Stendel will have. A manager rather than a head coach. 

So we'll see how things develop. 

Some suggestions he is only bringing along one of his sidekicks. Will this mean the demise of Daly and Fox or perhaps Macphee?

1 minute ago, Diego10 said:

He's got a job on to improve us, but if you look at the improvement someone like Stevie Clarke got from the Killie team, a squad with not exactly huge amounts of talent, overnight, you just have to hope that he can get us firing well enough in the short term to let him assess the squad properly.

A more positive approach from the players will be a start.

Agreed, a good coach can make a big difference without a complete clear out.  Rodgers, Clarke, in recent times have done this without wholesale changes right off the cuff.  

9 minutes ago, Cliffundo said:

Exactly, plus if there was no comp paid in the end, it's because Budge has made them see sense about the compo they were after.  All good now regardless.  Looking forward to what DS can do with the current squad.

Maybe find out at AGM?

22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

1874robbo said the same. My point was that Cochrane is still a talented player and, at 18, getting him to a high level of fitness/stamina should be doable. More chance of Harry playing a part in Stendel's game plan than many who currently make the first team. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Being discussed on Spurtsound.  Usual giggles from the usual suspects, namely Prick Gordon, the Gingerbread arsepiece, Thommo the Turd, and McLaughlin who I used to think was ok but not so sure now. 

Nothing of any note apart from the fact that we have supposedly paid Barnsley the square root of feck all..

What were those losers giggling about? I await his first interview with a strong German accent. Cue a return to the studio and a few seconds silence, then laughter, then some snidey comments. 

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Arseholes. The lot of them.

The issue is that as long as Levein is at the club Stewart has, rightly or wrongly, got ammunition to open his mouth and let his tummy rumble if things don't improve fairly quickly or for as long as his beloved Hibs and Jack Ross are outperforming us/are ahead of us in the table. Make no mistake he will be absolutely devastated if this all goes swimmingly well. 

2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Ok we hear you, Get over Levein he no longer has any influence over the first team. If you think that Stendel would sign knowing that someone is Lurking around in the background like  a Bond villain plotting his downfall then your mad. 

So are you quite happy he is still employed by the club after the disaster he has created?

I will be happy once he has completely gone along with his coaching team then we will know for sure that he can have no influence on anything at the club.

1 minute ago, Juanjo said:

The issue is that as long as Levein is at the club Stewart has, rightly or wrongly, got ammunition to open his mouth and let his tummy rumble if things don't improve fairly quickly or for as long as his beloved Hibs and Jack Ross are outperforming us/are ahead of us in the table. Make no mistake he will be absolutely devastated if this all goes swimmingly well. 

Well, on a positive note we have a transfer window coming up where it might be possible to get one or two loans in.  I think we might see a quick turn in fortunes now DS is in and gets to work with us.  Someone who is a man manager like him can be infectious around the place and bring a air of positivity and belief which appears to be in short supply.

Thank you Ann Budge for always trying to do things right and make things better. You don’t always make the easy and predictable decisions that so epitomize the Scottish game. I am so excited by this appointment and as Barnsley did before us, thought, study and thorough examination of data went into this hire. Like the “moneyball” situation we can’t compete financially with the Old Firm but maybe, with people who see the game like Stendel, we can begin to change the status quo.... first things first though, we can’t be losing to teams with a fraction of our money and resources. I applaud this appointment and as I always do see brighter days ahead!! Mon the Hearts!

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, The rat catcher said:

Heavy Metal Football coming to Gorgie?

Heavy Metal Football is a term coined by the current Liverpool FC manager, Jurgen Klopp, and it describes a type of play characterized by high pressing, quick passing and a very hard work rate. It is in-your-face type of football - fast, aggressive, passionate and exciting.

Image result for scorpions metallum

Hopefully get some more rammstein played at home matches now🤘

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

They seem to have settled for being an in and out team.  Only makes our predicament sadder 

I thought there would be the usual sack McInnes stuff after that shitshow

The Mercer Takeover
7 hours ago, martoon said:

Harry Cochrane strikes me as Stendel's type of player. Young, energetic, with ability, and well suited to a high press approach. I reckon, too, that a few of Andy Kirk's youngsters will get a chance to impress. 

I think this sensation I'm experiencing at the moment used to be called optimism. Probably still is but I'll have to check. 

Based on what.

He can't even get a game for Dunfermline. He has to be the slowest player in Scottish football and a high press game needs pacey players.

When I referred to Stendel as being our first proper manager for ages, I’m going back to around the time we recruited Burley.  Every manager under Vlad had to play a certain role and had constant distractions.  Under Budge, coaches have been restricted by Levein’s model and footballing philosophy.  It feels to me like the shackles have been freed for the first time in a long long time.  

3 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

You don't need an engine to be successful in a high press , it's one of the myths that keeps getting perpetuated. 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

When I referred to Stendel as being our first proper manager for ages, I’m going back to around the time we recruited Burley.  Every manager under Vlad had to play a certain role and had constant distractions.  Under Budge, coaches have been restricted by Levein’s model and footballing philosophy.  It feels to me like the shackles have been freed for the first time in a long long time.  

This. We tried something different and it didn’t work. This seems like a good next step. Stendel seems like the type who can help us with youth development as well so we’re not completely resetting everything. It’s interesting we haven’t appointed a SD yet. Assuming Stendel has experience of that model in Germany and might have a say.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, TWF said:

Some suggestions he is only bringing along one of his sidekicks. Will this mean the demise of Daly and Fox or perhaps Macphee?

Only bringing in one for now. Doesnt mean he wont bring others in if what we have are deemed to be pash.

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Excited for Saturday, first time in a long time . 

yep. Can’t wait. It’ll be the first time in a while I’ll be leaving the pub pronto to get in well before kick off. 

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

So are you quite happy he is still employed by the club after the disaster he has created?

I will be happy once he has completely gone along with his coaching team then we will know for sure that he can have no influence on anything at the club.

Agree. Amazing some still don’t get it. He is a bad influence on the club, the sooner he and his negative defensive mindset is removed from the club the better

Hoping that this appointment can see us turn the corner and start to pull ourselves up the league.

One thing for sure is that we can't possibly be any worse than the last 2 years. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, sadj said:

I thought there would be the usual sack McInnes stuff after that shitshow

5m investment to bin him. I would laugh but right now,  nothing to laugh about 

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, TWF said:

Heard that at Riccarton there were TWO tactics boards, the first team board showed an array of arrows pointing sideways and backwards with very few pointing forwards. The other board for the reserves and colts teams the arrows were all pointing in the one direction - Forward and backed up with a series of tank traps (for the defence) !!!!!!!!!

Like the old Italian tanks, one forward gear and 3 reverse.

32 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Excited for Saturday, first time in a long time . 

More interested what his first selection will be lol.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Juanjo said:

What were those losers giggling about? I await his first interview with a strong German accent. Cue a return to the studio and a few seconds silence, then laughter, then some snidey comments. 

As sure as night follows day.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Whatever you think about him he is a Hearts man,  but I dont think he has any influence on the way forward for our club now. 

19 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Winds of change by the scorpions should be his welcome song

Couldn't we have something that isn't shite instead? 

28 minutes ago, sac said:

Dont know if posted yet but when is his first official press conference?

You've got to imagine it'll be Tuesday. Wish we could've heard something from him today as I'm impatient. 😀

12 hours ago, Martin_T said:

..... which also worries me slightly, surely the suggestion on Kickback played no part in this, didn't it?! 🤤

If it all goes horribly wrong, it's your fault! 

I believe it is going to take more than a couple of games to clean-up this ****show.

People thinking Stendel's gonna come in and change everything by the weekend are missing the grim reality of the gargantuan task that he faces trying to turn these spineless wee wasters, none of whom are not fit to wear the jersey, into a cohesive unit. That's going to take some time and could well prove to be impossible.

Much as I hope things will radically change come Tuesday, the guy can only p*** with the **** he has. If Stendel is the man he's cracked up to be, it's still going to take the whole length of his contract to even start sort it out.

Anything more than that and he'll be a legend because in 46 years of watching Hearts, this bunch are the least "Team" I have had the misfortune to watch. I mean that sincerly.