Stendel signs two and a half year contract

Sooperstar

5 minutes ago, Pie_Heid said:

I believe it is going to take more than a couple of games to clean-up this ****show.

People thinking Stendel's gonna come in and change everything by the weekend are missing the grim reality of the gargantuan task that he faces trying to turn these spineless wee wasters, none of whom are not fit to wear the jersey, into a cohesive unit. That's going to take some time and could well prove to be impossible.

Much as I hope things will radically change come Tuesday, the guy can only p*** with the **** he has. If Stendel is the man he's cracked up to be, it's still going to take the whole length of his contract to even start sort it out.

Anything more than that and he'll be a legend because in 46 years of watching Hearts, this bunch are the least "Team" I have had the misfortune to watch. I mean that sincerly.

Hard to argue with any of this TBH.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• mitch41

• GinRummy

• Armageddon

jamboinglasgow
38 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Whatever you think about him he is a Hearts man,  but I dont think he has any influence on the way forward for our club now. 

The way some talk about him on here has become pretty poor. While things have not worked out the last year, he has been trying to improve Hearts. The guy is a long time servant of the club and that some make out that he is like a parasite at the club is pretty low.

33 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

You've got to imagine it'll be Tuesday. Wish we could've heard something from him today as I'm impatient. 😀

Was hoping tomorrow unless there’s some contractual thing that means he can’t officially be unveiled until Tuesday 

29 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If it all goes horribly wrong, it's your fault! 

That's what I'm worried about! :lol:

8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A quick question for any Barnsley fans still looking in. How good/bad was your squad when he arrived and how quickly dod you notice a turn around in style and results?

hiya barnsley fan here..we had just been relegated when dannyboy got the gig.nobody round here had heard of him apart from wikki ,danny had pre season with the same squad that took us down and the ist game of new season we hit the ground running .Style of football was fast .attacking in ya face .Pleasure to watch.Daniel soon got the fans on board and communicated with the fans bril to say he ardley spoke the lingo..We had a good season of attacking football hame n away and he gave the youngsters there chance and they all bought into it...Took us up ist time of asking..Ok we are struggling this season but when ya sell 6 of your best players and replace them with under 23s (this boards policy)in a higher  league...we get the understanding round here that daniel asked for some experience players and the chairman (TOSSER) Would not have it...So our loss is your gain we all wish danule the best of luck he was adored  round here and iam sure you JAMBOS WILL LOVE HIM  all the best for the rest of the season

14 minutes ago, Pie_Heid said:

I believe it is going to take more than a couple of games to clean-up this ****show.

People thinking Stendel's gonna come in and change everything by the weekend are missing the grim reality of the gargantuan task that he faces trying to turn these spineless wee wasters, none of whom are not fit to wear the jersey, into a cohesive unit. That's going to take some time and could well prove to be impossible.

Much as I hope things will radically change come Tuesday, the guy can only p*** with the **** he has. If Stendel is the man he's cracked up to be, it's still going to take the whole length of his contract to even start sort it out.

Anything more than that and he'll be a legend because in 46 years of watching Hearts, this bunch are the least "Team" I have had the misfortune to watch. I mean that sincerly.

A couple of games ?

Its going to be months imo.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

That's what I'm worried about! :lol:

No need to take personal responsibility either way. Stendel’s name would have been spoken about in any case. I hardly think hearts make serious hiring decisions based on fans forums especially not this ridiculous one.

20 minutes ago, Pie_Heid said:

NO ONE believes this will be fixed anyvtime soon.  

22 minutes ago, Pie_Heid said:

For me it’s mainly down to the way they’ve been managed, coached and set up by the poorest managers I’ve seen in 30+ years.

ive no idea who gets on with who or not in the dressing room, but it’s been brutal watching it and I mean brutal. I can count on two hands probably the games I have enjoyed in the last 3 years since Robbie left. 
DS if anything (from what we hear) is a great man manager and tactics are high press attacking football. That’ll do me.

I don’t think it’ll be a quick fix but it’ll be fixed I’m sure.

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Based on what.

He can't even get a game for Dunfermline. He has to be the slowest player in Scottish football and a high press game needs pacey players.

This is like fire fighting, ffs. 

He's young, he has potential and his fitness can be improved. He's shown that he's a good footballer.

Do you disagree? 

His Hearts career has stalled but he's not alone. Many have hit a brick wall whilst Levein's been calling the shots. Not only young developing footballers, but supporters, myself included, and the club itself. 

It's a fresh start. That's my point. Cochrane, amongst many, can't be written off because they've faltered during CL's tenure. 

portobellojambo1
30 minutes ago, Pie_Heid said:

There is going to have to be a lot of patience shown, it is sad but we have to be brutally honest, what he needs to do for the remainder of this season is give an indication of what we will see going forward and keep us in the top division. At this point in time the teams we might be able to compete with are those teams around us at the bottom of the league, if he can do even basic changes to the personnel playing and the style being played. Without putting too fine a point on it there are some inside Tynecastle who just have to be told to feck off, they have no future here. He then has to decide who he thinks can fit into his side and then do what we have failed to do over the last few years. Build a squad of players where those on the sidelines can come in and do the job without much difficulty in doing so. The legacy he has been left with will need a lot of work to turn back into a functioning team capable of competing at the top end of the league.

Edited by portobellojambo1

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The way some talk about him on here has become pretty poor. While things have not worked out the last year, he has been trying to improve Hearts. The guy is a long time servant of the club and that some make out that he is like a parasite at the club is pretty low.

Exactly, we’ll said JIG 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Pie_Heid said:

It's surprising how quickly things can turn. 

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Indeed. Well said.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Even worse than the abuse of Levein was posters on here toeing the club's partyline while watching their club go down the shitter. 

The only thing that will change in a week is a will to win and a good attitude. Hopefully an early goal will help and a good crowd will help.

SectionDJambo

I’m looking forward to a change of approach and mentality from Hearts. We need to show the same belief as we did under JJ and Burley, and make teams worry about us, rather than the other way round.

Stendel will be looking at previous performances and it won’t take him any time to figure out what has to change. We won’t be the finished article for a while, but don’t be surprised if there is an immediate improvement of some sort. 
A different voice with a different attitude can make a difference to the players we have. 
However, us fans have to also change our vibe to positivity rather than moaning and groaning. We have to show this man that we will do our bit if he can get the players to do theirs. 

Diadora Van Basten

I can understand why people are saying it will take time as our recruitment has been poor but the teams we are playing aren’t that great. 

I actually thought we a decent starting team out on Wednesday before Hickey got injured.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Even worse than the abuse of Levein was posters on here toeing the club's partyline while watching their club go down the shitter. 

👍

They'd queue for the DVD:

Levein: The Dof Down the Corridor. 

One thing I would like to see from the new management team would be to play the same team week in week out, and to stop the constant tinkering, which drove me to distraction

Clearly injuries permitting and giving time to find his best 11

1 hour ago, Pie_Heid said:

It will.Going to be interested to see how much he can get out of them in under a week though before the St Johnstone.

I’ll be interested to see what Stendel’s priorities are in the January window. Budge must have promised him money to spend, so it will be interesting to see the type of player he signs and the positions they fill. I also think he’ll look to play youth, and can see a few young lads getting a chance.

Hope he makes getting a decent GK a priority. And if Souttar isn’t going to be back soon, another centre half.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

100%

4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I’ll be interested to see what Stendel’s priorities are in the January window. Budge must have promised him money to spend, so it will be interesting to see the type of player he signs and the positions they fill. I also think he’ll look to play youth, and can see a few young lads getting a chance.

Hope he makes getting a decent GK a priority. And if Souttar isn’t going to be back soon, another centre half.

Think he'll def target a

goalscoter , we are woefully short without Naisy , especially if we sell Hickey to bring in some cash 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

levein almost certainly played a part in securing this appointment so should be at least cut some slack for that

he was also 'forced' back into the dugout and was doing better than ok until his heart scare

he also never got the chance to work again with an almost full squad (sacked 1 game before 2 of the main players came back for some reason :)  )

plenty criticism justified though and his time was up and while I think we should have gone from levein to a new manager like the straight-a students were telling us on here budge would be doing work in the background to replace levein - seems she wasn't - she actually went from I think he's doing a really good job to sacked - the upside being it has completely exposed macphee so surely he's out now surely 

hopefully Stendel delivers have watching a few clips he seems like a likeable character

the closeness to the fans probably helped in getting him here - levein pointing to the stand and saying the fans funded that or telling him of the £1M raised in vlad shares over a couple of days or the £XM raised to pay queen Ann back - reckon that would have helped

hopefully stendells emotionslly mature enough to realise that despite all those fantastic things he'll know that not all the fans are angels probably just like the Barnsley fans in that way

2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Whatever you think about him he is a Hearts man,  but I dont think he has any influence on the way forward for our club now. 

You never answered my question. Are you happy that he is still employed at Hearts picking up a salary is what I asked?

I know very well he is Hearts man and the fact he is still there casts doubt on whether he does still have any influence within the club.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You never answered my question. Are you happy that he is still employed at Hearts picking up a salary is what I asked?

I know very well he is Hearts man and the fact he is still there casts doubt on whether he does still have any influence within the club.

Why don't you go along to the AGM and ask your question to the one and only person who can answer it!

15 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

levein almost certainly played a part in securing this appointment so should be at least cut some slack for that

he was also 'forced' back into the dugout and was doing better than ok until his heart scare

he also never got the chance to work again with an almost full squad (sacked 1 game before 2 of the main players came back for some reason :)  )

plenty criticism justified though and his time was up and while I think we should have gone from levein to a new manager like the straight-a students were telling us on here budge would be doing work in the background to replace levein - seems she wasn't - she actually went from I think he's doing a really good job to sacked - the upside being it has completely exposed macphee so surely he's out now surely 

hopefully Stendel delivers have watching a few clips he seems like a likeable character

the closeness to the fans probably helped in getting him here - levein pointing to the stand and saying the fans funded that or telling him of the £1M raised in vlad shares over a couple of days or the £XM raised to pay queen Ann back - reckon that would have helped

hopefully stendells emotionslly mature enough to realise that despite all those fantastic things he'll know that not all the fans are angels probably just like the Barnsley fans in that way

What about Daly and Fox? Surely they should be shafted as a priority. You really don't want to have the after smell of CL continue to lurk in the players proximity

2 minutes ago, TWF said:

Why don't you go along to the AGM and ask your question to the one and only person who can answer it!

I was asking Stevie 1874 who evaded answering the question.

2 hours ago, Pie_Heid said:

And when the pitchforks are out after 6 games it’ll take the sensible fans who can see the depth of this mess to restore some order to this forum.  He needs much longer than 2.5 years IMO.

36 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I was asking Stevie 1874 who evaded answering the question.

My apologies, maybe you can suggest my response to him

3 hours ago, flem said:

Hoping that this appointment can see us turn the corner and start to pull ourselves up the league.

One thing for sure is that we can't possibly be any worse than the last 2 years. 

I’m afraid you’re quite wrong. If he doesn’t sort them out we could be relegated 

Pasquale for King
23 hours ago, Homme said:

I'm trying to recall any other Germans who have come to our club but coming up blank. Anyone? 

I said that a few days ago, can’t think of anyone.

Pie_Heid's post is very good.  I would add though that he may get more out of some of our players than the previous regime.  He may adopt a style of play to which they are more suited.

A good performance and result against St J would give him and the players a real boost.

Are they capable of that?  I don't know but I am ever the optimist.  I am confident that the performance won't be eye-bleeding which has been the case so often in the past.

Now that we have a real manager who will know what he wants and will expect the players to 

do what is needed on the pitch. Where we are in the league it’s important that the team start 

to pick up wins starting on Saturday.

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Pie_Heid's post is very good.  I would add though that he may get more out of some of our players than the previous regime.  He may adopt a style of play to which they are more suited.

A good performance and result against St J would give him and the players a real boost.

Are they capable of that?  I don't know but I am ever the optimist.  I am confident that the performance won't be eye-bleeding which has been the case so often in the past.

If we show more passion and lose it will be a step in the right direction.

Totally gutless for months.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Am I allowed to moan that we haven’t had an interview from him yet?

i presume he’s been at home in Germany getting  his shit sorted out - I just can’t wait to hear from him.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Am I allowed to moan that we haven’t had an interview from him yet?

i presume he’s been at home in Germany getting  his shit sorted out - I just can’t wait to hear from him.

Probably be Tuesday before he does a interview.  Tuesday's interview will be the standard happy to be here, big club etc..

Wednesday's interview will be, Where the **** is all the football players?

So excited by this appointment.  So happy we have finally got a proper manager in.

the nightmare of the last 3 years can be put to bed now finally.

24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Now that we have a real manager who will know what he wants and will expect the players to 

do what is needed on the pitch. Where we are in the league it’s important that the team start 

to pick up wins starting on Saturday.

For a few years hopefully.... and then it’ll all begin again lol

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

For me it’s mainly down to the way they’ve been managed, coached and set up by the poorest managers I’ve seen in 30+ years.

ive no idea who gets on with who or not in the dressing room, but it’s been brutal watching it and I mean brutal. I can count on two hands probably the games I have enjoyed in the last 3 years since Robbie left. 
DS if anything (from what we hear) is a great man manager and tactics are high press attacking football. That’ll do me.

I don’t think it’ll be a quick fix but it’ll be fixed I’m sure.

Agree, that and the signing policy. No "Wildcards" in the pack, all seem nice clean-living young men without a single ounce of aggression in their entire bodies (except maybe Smith and Naismith).

They do get angry and frustrated at their own ineptitude (Mulraney for example) they can't channel it at all though. Think Mulraney and Clare should be looking at hiring a better sports psychologist, they certainly have the money.

18 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Probably be Tuesday before he does a interview.  Tuesday's interview will be the standard happy to be here, big club etc..

Wednesday's interview will be, Where the **** is all the football players?

Wonder if we’ll have another Csaba moment, you know, when he took his first training session and thought Nade was just a fat student watching them 😂.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's surprising how quickly things can turn. 

No one will be more surprised than I. It's a big ask, but here's hoping.

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Wonder if we’ll have another Csaba moment, you know, when he took his first training session and thought Nade was just a fat student watching them 😂.

😂

Sad thing is a fat student would have been a better option than nade alot of the time. I hope them team get hammered in training, for being professional athletes they are not very fit.