• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• mitch41

• GinRummy

• Armageddon

Next year Oktoberfest is going to have a new fantastic meaning when we’re the top team in Scotland. 
We’ll have to see if we can get some top German beer in the Merchie along with our Belhaven Best.

Sorry about this I’m on a roll tonight I’ve been celebrating Ann getting her man. It’s been torture these past 5 weeks and boy did I need a holiday after the semi final, Kilmarnock and Motherwell so here I am in Porto Del Carmen having to try and enjoy myself then the news come through that we have Daniel Stendel and he’s here and I missed him this morning at Edinburgh Airport bugger. Anyway I’ll pour myself another vodka (June’s away to her bed) and keep celebrating our new manager.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Sorry about this I’m on a roll tonight I’ve been celebrating Ann getting her man. It’s been torture these past 5 weeks and boy did I need a holiday after the semi final, Kilmarnock and Motherwell so here I am in Porto Del Carmen having to try and enjoy myself then the news come through that we have Daniel Stendel and he’s here and I missed him this morning at Edinburgh Airport bugger. Anyway I’ll pour myself another vodka (June’s away to her bed) and keep celebrating our new manager.

Good on you Mitch. Make it a treble 👍

22 minutes ago, kila said:

You are going a good job of detailing this thread

:bolt:

If the mods think my recent posts sre offensive or inappropriate please remove them.

However I am entitled to post on here as it is a forum for discussion not simply agreement.

Edited by ollie2004
Typo

Guest ToqueJambo

I'm already cringing at the questions our media are going to ask him and the misinformed columns he hopefully won't read in the papers. "Will you be picking the team Daniel?" Pretty sure someone asked Cathro something like that at his first PC.

scott herbertson
52 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We remember all the ones who gave their lifes. My grandad respected the germans in the first world war who he fought against. And that's all he would say about that war. Time for everyone to give it a rest about every war that happened long ago like battles in 1690, 1066 and so on. Remembrance Day is all about peace we should all remember that. 

Cracking post Mitch - well said

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Right up there with the neds wearing his Niddrie tuxedo. 

Some of the fashionistas from the protest thread won’t be happy. 

::troll:: 

Tracksuits are fine if you are wearing them to do physical activities, and I will allow them for travelling too. No excuse for the overcoat over the tracksuit though. Ridiculous behaviour, and I sincerely hope he changes his ways now that he is back in a civilised part of the world.

21 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It’s Puerto. As in Bello

8 minutes ago, sac said:

It’s Puerto. As in Bello

You’re right with Puerto.  :thumbsup:

Never heard of Puertobello though.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Double confusion eh?

The Future's Maroon

I am sure I seen some where that DS actually wore an England shirt to watch one of their games with the fans. Respect from him imo.

And Ollie2004 comes out with that utter pish....do one from the forum for me.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

We remember all the ones who gave their lifes. My grandad respected the germans in the first world war who he fought against. And that's all he would say about that war. Time for everyone to give it a rest about every war that happened long ago like battles in 1690, 1066 and so on. Remembrance Day is all about peace we should all remember that. 

I’m on the floor with surprise but that’s a terrific post, Mitch.

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’re right with Puerto.  :thumbsup:

Never heard of Puertobello though.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Double confusion eh?

The Bello bit was just a wee joke, which was obviously lost on you.

5 hours ago, Whatever said:

Any need?

Didn’t you categorically state that Austin Macphee is our new sporting director?

Those in glass houses...

I didn’t state I was currently emailing a board member though.

Yes I did categorically state that, because I was told that. I still think it’s happening but we’ll see. If the info was wrong, it was wrong but there’s a massive difference to passing on wrong information and claiming to be emailing a board member. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

The clue is in the word remembrance. Peace? That is not what Remembrance day is about. Where you get that from I have no idea.

How can you confuse, on Remembrance Day, the bravery, selflessness and sacrifice of those men in the hope that their actions would bring peace (among other things), with peace itself. I find your post disrespectful to say the least. What do you mean by, and so on? 

PS. To those that agreed with his post, try thinking for yourselves. Goodness me.

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Tracksuits are fine if you are wearing them to do physical activities, and I will allow them for travelling too. No excuse for the overcoat over the tracksuit though. Ridiculous behaviour, and I sincerely hope he changes his ways now that he is back in a civilised part of the world.

Here we go - after the shit football we’ve endured for years now, all Giorgio Armani cares about is what the new manager wears 🤦🏼‍♂️

SectionDJambo

I’m disappointed, but not surprised, that the situation around Remembrance Sunday should be mentioned because we now have a German manager.

In recent years, the current German army has had representatives over here to pay their respects for those who lost their lives in the wars with Germany. We have been allies with the new Germany for over 70 years now. 
I have a quite substantial German family, due to my mother being German. Over the years, they have had nothing but respect for the UK. Indeed, they all have a love for Scotland in particular. When I visit Germany, telling the locals you come from Scotland usually raises a smile.
Daniel Stendel had no problem with living in England. He sure isn’t going to have any problem living here either. He will embrace the local culture and love it here, I’m sure.

This same nonsense about the Germans and old conflicts could have been an issue for Jürgen Klopp in Liverpool, but has never been thought of. Why on earth would anyone think it could, remotely, be a problem for Daniel Stendel?

44 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

The clue is in the word remembrance. Peace? That is not what Remembrance day is about. Where you get that from I have no idea.

How can you confuse, on Remembrance Day, the bravery, selflessness and sacrifice of those men in the hope that their actions would bring peace (among other things), with peace itself. I find your post disrespectful to say the least. What do you mean by, and so on? 

PS. To those that agreed with his post, try thinking for yourselves. Goodness me.

As long as good comes out of Remembrance Day and all the wars that have blighted our people I will never argue with what it means to any individual my friend. Best wishes to everyone in Canada.

J.T.F.Robertson
21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’m disappointed, but not surprised, that the situation around Remembrance Sunday should be mentioned because we now have a German manager.

In recent years, the current German army has had representatives over here to pay their respects for those who lost their lives in the wars with Germany. We have been allies with the new Germany for over 70 years now. 
I have a quite substantial German family, due to my mother being German. Over the years, they have had nothing but respect for the UK. Indeed, they all have a love for Scotland in particular. When I visit Germany, telling the locals you come from Scotland usually raises a smile.
Daniel Stendel had no problem with living in England. He sure isn’t going to have any problem living here either. He will embrace the local culture and love it here, I’m sure.

This same nonsense about the Germans and old conflicts could have been an issue for Jürgen Klopp in Liverpool, but has never been thought of. Why on earth would anyone think it could, remotely, be a problem for Daniel Stendel?

I'm not in the least surprised therefore not disappointed.

WTF! We recruit a German manager and the conversation turns to WWI / WWII, what Remembrance Day really represents and a whole load of other BS.

I don't give a shit what man-made, geographical accident produced him, I just want him to sort us out.

We're aw Jock Thamson's bairns and that includes the ones needlessly slaughtered in those two "disagreements" and the infinite number who have met the same fate before and since.

Without disrespecting their sacrifices I feel that celebrating that sacrifice tends to validate the ones to come and ler's be honest, they've never stopped, no matter your "geographical accident". "Remembering" hasn't made a helluva lot of difference.

Forgive the digression.

If anything appointing a German manager is a fantastic symbolic point is our history  and this guy will get our club and our respectful traditions. We should rejoice  that we live in peaceful times due to the sacrifice of so many on both sides.

4 hours ago, Harko said:

Here we go - after the shit football we’ve endured for years now, all Giorgio Armani cares about is what the new manager wears 🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m all for individuality and freedom of expression, but these are not the last days of Rome for goodness sakes.

19 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So......

Somebody really did mentioned the war.

Bizarre.

Sums up my thoughts. Nothing to do with Stendel. He was born Ihe the 70s and just to clarify not the 1870s!

Embarrassing that it is even being discussed.

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Sums up my thoughts. Nothing to do with Stendel. He was born Ihe the 70s and just to clarify not the 1870s!

Embarrassing that it is even being discussed.

Agreed

Let’s get back to looking forward to what this guy can do for our club.

From the anecdotal evidence of the Barnsley fans, just the type of manager we need to motivate players and reconnect the fans to the team.

I can’t remember a time, in my 60 years of following Hearts, when the fans felt so distant from most of the players.

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nice piece about him, in the EEN this morning.

Makes him sound like a raving alcoholic.🙄

Wrong thread mate. Think you meant to post here:

hmfckickback.co.uk/mitch41

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Did I miss something - is Stendel West German? Not that it is even relevant but some people need ****ing history lessons and to keep their traps shut.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Did I miss something - is Stendel West German? Not that it is even relevant but some people need ****ing history lessons and to keep their traps shut.

What do you mean?

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Pretty sure he is from the old East Germany, a town which borders Poland....sure I seen that somewhere, may be wrong.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What do you mean?

You know that Germany used to be split in two? Like there was a wall and shit.

West Germany were the Nazis. WERE.

Stendel originates from the East German area. He is bilingual - Russian being his other language.

East Germany were not the Nazis.

Not that it matters

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

You know that Germany used to be split in two?

Stendel originates from the East German area.

Not that it matters

Aye I knew that. It was the whole of Germany that were under the Nazi regime though, it didn't split in two till after WW2.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye I knew that. It was the whole of Germany that were under the Nazi regime though, it didn't split in two till after WW2.

Why do you think they split?

Anyway this is a damn stupid conversation and makes us look like twats

we don’t own the Great War image rights....

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Stendel originates from the East German area. He is bilingual - Russian being his other language.

Not that it matters

Not sure if trolling...🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

East Germany were not the Nazis.

Not that it matters

That's a take I haven't read before!

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why do YOU think they split?

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Ask the Allies why they split. Not sure they had the choice. 

Also not sure if you're serious :rofl:

]

I know why they split. Not to go into too much detail, the Russians and Western allies split the country into two as they were opposed on what they wanted Germany to become. The west wanted to revive Germany whereas the Soviets wanted to keep the country weak so they couldn't rise up again. There were also other considerations such as military strategy and economic resources.