High pressing football
 Only got 6 seconds
Then u win it back

Then he said Uche
And to Christophe Berra
So get the boys together
 And we re goin up the toon

3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Are we talking about hearts at fir park???

Eh no this thread is about Hearts getting Daniel Stendel as manager.

Welcome gaffer, hope you can transform this shitshow round. Looking forward to some high pressing attacking football for a change 😁 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
15 minutes ago, renren75 said:

We've got Daniel Stendel
He's pals was Jürgen Klopp

High pressing football
Only got 6 seconds
Then we've won the ball back

Then he said Uche
And Christophe Berra too
Get the boys together
We're goin up the toon!

Very good mate but I've modified it slightly. Hope you dont mind.

Martin_T

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Stendel?wprov=sfla1

Recently sacked by Barnsley, having got them promoted last season. Previous experience in the Bundesliga with Hannover. May be a stretch budget wise, but this is the kind of bold appointment I'd like to see us make

congrats Martin, possibly down to your good self he is now our manager 😉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

6 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Another interesting comment from Ewan Murray. 

Final point (for now) on Stendel. A Hearts board member asked me at St Mirren game what I knew about him. Very little was answer (hence nothing to do with me!) but his reply interesting: "We keep hearing about experience of Scottish football. Does that mean beaten by Harthill?"

🇱🇻

Let's be honest, the beaten by Harthill applies as much to Hamilton, Motherwell and St Mirren as it does the old firm in recent times. Indeed it also applies to several venues before Harthill including our own stadium at the moment.

3 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:
Martin_T

Recently sacked by Barnsley, having got them promoted last season. Previous experience in the Bundesliga with Hannover. May be a stretch budget wise, but this is the kind of bold appointment I'd like to see us make

..... which also worries me slightly, surely the suggestion on Kickback played no part in this, didn't it?! 🤤

Edited by Martin_T

9 hours ago, stuart500 said:

I know but then she is 94..

😜

Edited by TypoonJambo

Absolutely delighted AB has managed to get this done, a big statement from Ann and a very exciting appointment. 
Another master stroke from AB and has obviously ensured DS that cash will be available. 

And people want rid of AB?? Be very careful what u wish for!! AB is integral to our long term success! 

13 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Absolutely delighted AB has managed to get this done, a big statement from Ann and a very exciting appointment. 
Another master stroke from AB and has obviously ensured DS that cash will be available. 

And people want rid of AB?? Be very careful what u wish for!! AB is integral to our long term success! 

Agree with that completely!

Captain Canada

One paper this morning is saying he's bringing two coaches with him. 

I guess all will become clear today or tomorrow before he starts. 

8 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

I am not aware of anyone else ever using that quote. I have used it on many occassions to describe our pitiful mental attitude when playing in Glasgow.

Seriously? I've heard it tonnes of times over the years!

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

100% agree with this!

I wonder if he will be able to implement this high press style straight away, I also wonder which players will get dropped and maybe not seen again.

Exciting times but our squad is a mess, just hope he can somehow make an early impact.

19 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

One paper this morning is saying he's bringing two coaches with him. 

I guess all will become clear today or tomorrow before he starts. 

The new Jose.....he’s parking the bus 

Trapper John McIntyre

Welcome to Hearts, Daniel. You've got a helluva task on your hands. Hopefully you're the right man for it.

7 hours ago, hueyview said:

Reading the various threads on whose out the door, backroom boys, Mrs budge, etc...   How long does the new Manager get to then things around......   End of season?

We need to see shoots of recovery this season, next season is when he should be judged.

Delighted with this appointment.  He will need time to sort them out.  If he can get a tune out the likes of clare it will be like getting a new player. 

9 hours ago, martoon said:

Fair enough, Norm. 

If Stendel decides to keep McPhee on as a coach then fine. 

My relief is more that we won't have another game with the latter in charge. 

Mcphee has shown during his spell in charge that he had a big influence on the way Levein set out his team.

Personally I don't see what it is that others see in him. Tactically he gets it wrong most of the time and what exactly has he done in the game as a player or coach.

I would like a clean start where Mcphee, Daly, Fox are all moved on and Stendel can look at the players and make his own judgement rather than be influenced by Mcphee.

I hope AB still has her benefactor friend ready and willing to spend some money because we are going to have to replace a lot of deadwood in our squad.

25 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We need to see shoots of recovery this season, next season is when he should be judged.

Surely he will be allowed at least 5 seasons to sort things out just lije Levein was. 

Mind you he us only on a two and a half year deal unlike many of the huddies Levein signed on 4 year deals.

Good luck to Stendel in trying to get most of our team playing a high pressing game. I think a few trips to Gullane will be required to get their fitness levels up for that to happen.

My mind is trying hard to imagine Walker, Bozanic etc trying to do this.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Surely he will be allowed at least 5 seasons to sort things out just lije Levein was. 

Mind you he us only on a two and a half year deal unlike many of the huddies Levein signed on 4 year deals.

Good luck to Stendel in trying to get most of our team playing a high pressing game. I think a few trips to Gullane will be required to get their fitness levels up for that to happen.

My mind is trying hard to imagine Walker, Bozanic etc trying to do this.

You must be a delight to live with.

33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Mcphee has shown during his spell in charge that he had a big influence on the way Levein set out his team.

Personally I don't see what it is that others see in him. Tactically he gets it wrong most of the time and what exactly has he done in the game as a player or coach.

I would like a clean start where Mcphee, Daly, Fox are all moved on and Stendel can look at the players and make his own judgement rather than be influenced by Mcphee.

I hope AB still has her benefactor friend ready and willing to spend some money because we are going to have to replace a lot of deadwood in our squad.

I'm not a fan either, davy. My preference would be to cleanse the club completely of Levein and his deadbeats. It may well come to pass but if Stendel decides otherwise I'll back him. 

I'd be surprised, however, if he did want to retain any of them. 

I wouldn't. 

32 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

To be fair to @wavydavy, I tend to agree.

Things could get worse still before they get better.

When the OP first mooted Stendel, I was in, but didn't think it would actually happen.

He will get my full support, but he could be in for a rough ride. We could be well bottom after next Saturday.

Harry Cochrane strikes me as Stendel's type of player. Young, energetic, with ability, and well suited to a high press approach. I reckon, too, that a few of Andy Kirk's youngsters will get a chance to impress. 

I think this sensation I'm experiencing at the moment used to be called optimism. Probably still is but I'll have to check. 

41 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I live in the real world not the fantasy one you CL fans have lived in.

I am delighted that we have signed Danial Stendel and all credit to AB for eventually getting her man.

My gripe is that CL is the man responsible for our current position and he is still lurking in the background picking up a salary whilst signing a load of deadwood players on four year deals.

Meanwhile the man who can help right all Levein's wrongs which he precided over a five and a bit year timescale gets half of that time to sort it out.

Maybe of course he was a offered a longer contract but wouldn't take it or we just couldn't afford a longer deal due to the amount of money Levein has wasted the club.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

To be fair to @wavydavy, I tend to agree.

Things could get worse still before they get better.

When the OP first mooted Stendel, I was in, but didn't think it would actually happen.

He will get my full support, but he could be in for a rough ride. We could be well bottom after next Saturday.

I think AB has pulled out all the stops to get him in before the St Johnstone game because that is a must win game for us and hopefully the new man will inspire the players into regaining some of the old fire we used to show at Tynecastle.

But with the players we have fit it is not going to be a short fix and hopefully he has already identified a few players we can bring in during the January transfer window and maybe with some wheeling and dealing he can move some on as well.

Edited by wavydavy

maroonlegions
14 hours ago, kila said:

Looking forward to see him beving in the Tynie Arms with the fans after we feck the vermin .... FTH..  

8 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:
Martin_T

Daniel looks like Tony Ford in that photo. 😳

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

His English and grammar will be better than some of the woodentops that populate this place. 

None of your 'should of' from Herr Stendel. He will articulate himself in the manner appropriate to our wonderful football club. 

He will probably swear like feck in German too. 

😄

maroonlegions

This is the kind of thread that weeds out the vermin on here and trolls, every negative or tongue in cheek comment disguised as banter is either from vermin or trolls.. GTTF  . FTH.

Stendel the new fist of Gorgie.. 

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian , Daniel Stendel  and good luck!

Now please get this team into  a geggenpressing gang and get us up that league!  

Welcome Stendel!

Has a massive task trying to get rid of the deadwood in the squad and the coaching staff, shite players on good long term contacts will be very difficult to move on. 

Seymour M Hersh

A quick question for any Barnsley fans still looking in. How good/bad was your squad when he arrived and how quickly dod you notice a turn around in style and results?

Hopefully set a target of making the top six this year , take stock of the squad over the Summer and hit the ground running straight away next season . 

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Harry Cochrane strikes me as Stendel's type of player. Young, energetic, with ability, and well suited to a high press approach. I reckon, too, that a few of Andy Kirk's youngsters will get a chance to impress. 

I think this sensation I'm experiencing at the moment used to be called optimism. Probably still is but I'll have to check. 

Haven’t seen Harry this season to be fair on him but good on the ball and doesn’t lack a bit of fight but an engine is one thing he didn’t possess, he was usually blowing out of his arse after 60 mins.

south morocco

Looking forward to seeing a hearts team playing without any previous influence, get the shackles off so to speak. Maybe bringing in a couple of loans in January to freshen things up. Better times ahead hopefully😃

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I live in the real world not the fantasy one you CL fans have lived in.

I am delighted that we have signed Danial Stendel and all credit to AB for eventually getting her man.

My gripe is that CL is the man responsible for our current position and he is still lurking in the background picking up a salary whilst signing a load of deadwood players on four year deals.

Meanwhile the man who can help right all Levein's wrongs which he precided over a five and a bit year timescale gets half of that time to sort it out.

Maybe of course he was a offered a longer contract but wouldn't take it or we just couldn't afford a longer deal due to the amount of money Levein has wasted the club.

Ok we hear you, Get over Levein he no longer has any influence over the first team. If you think that Stendel would sign knowing that someone is Lurking around in the background like  a Bond villain plotting his downfall then your mad. 

39 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Haven’t seen Harry this season to be fair on him but good on the ball and doesn’t lack a bit of fight but an engine is one thing he didn’t possess, he was usually blowing out of his arse after 60 mins.

Easily fixed.

A sand dune or two would sort that.