Stuart McCall Ann ! Really

mitch41

*I'd also have no problem giving Austin a few games to see if he has what it takes. The way he was spoken about on Sportsound has really riled me and would love for him to stick it right up Willie Miller and co. I think he could be a good manager but fear he'd be lambasted from the start.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• Bridge of Djoum

The Old Tolbooth
22 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Like Alex MacDonald and Sandy Jardine.................

McDonald was far superior in manager terms as McCall could ever hope to be, you can't even mention the pair of them in the same breath. 

We_are_the_Hearts
11 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

McDonald was far superior in manager terms as McCall could ever hope to be, you can't even mention the pair of them in the same breath. 

When we appointed him that was an unknown. He was also a bigger Ger than McCall will ever be. 

We_are_the_Hearts
29 minutes ago, clark963 said:

*I'd also have no problem giving Austin a few games to see if he has what it takes. The way he was spoken about on Sportsound has really riled me and would love for him to stick it right up Willie Miller and co. I think he could be a good manager but fear he'd be lambasted from the start.

It's Cathro all over again. We need a fresh start. Happy with AM as SD

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

When we appointed him that was an unknown. He was also a bigger Ger than McCall will ever be. 

Trust me, McCall bleeds blue as well, I know him through a friend and he's into EVERYTHING Rangers (if you get my drift), and you do have a point about Doddy being untried when we appointed him, but he turned out to be miles better than McCall has mate, it's not even close for me and he would be a shocker of an appointment, we need someone with no Old Firm or Hearts links, someone who doesn't fear those scumbags and gets torn right into them at every opportunity. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

Trust me, McCall bleeds blue as well, I know him through a friend and he's into EVERYTHING Rangers (if you get my drift), and you do have a point about Doddy being untried when we appointed him, but he turned out to be miles better than McCall has mate, it's not even close for me and he would be a shocker of an appointment, we need someone with no Old Firm or Hearts links, someone who doesn't fear those scumbags and gets torn right into them at every opportunity. 

I agree with you btw, Doddy is a legend and kept the game simple. Brilliant man manager and motivator. Was just pointing out the OF links, as he was a s big a Ger as you could get and don't think we should dismiss someone just because of that!

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I agree with you btw, Doddy is a legend and kept the game simple. Brilliant man manager and motivator. Was just pointing out the OF links, as he was a s big a Ger as you could get and don't think we should dismiss someone just because of that!

I just think if we get someone who has a Scottish football mentality, then every time we play the Old Firm, we'll lie down and go all defensive against them, I'd rather get turned over 3-0 and have a right go at them, than get turned over 3-0 in the manner like we did in the semi final, it gets a bit depressing. 

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

She must have a better contact book than that.

Walter Smith will advise Ann to interview Huns and Huns alone IMO. The originator of anti-football.

I’d rather Levein advised her.

I am also not sure if he would advise us of someone who could help us displace his beloved Rangers. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
23 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The world has changed since the - Alex was manager when I started supporting Hearts but him and McCall aren’t even in the same book re quality let alone same chapter.

Also, Alex let Hearts get to him like no Hun would nowadays. Look at the documentary where he is interviewed about losing the league in 86. In tears.

No current ex-Hun would be anything like that

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I am also not sure if he would advise us of someone who could help us displace his beloved Rangers. 

Correct - complete conflict of interest.

Ann may - of course - have spoken to him. I’m ok with that. Primary advisor, not so much.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The world has changed since the - Alex was manager when I started supporting Hearts but him and McCall aren’t even in the same book re quality let alone same chapter.

Also, Alex let Hearts get to him like no Hun would nowadays. Look at the documentary where he is interviewed about losing the league in 86. In tears.

Based on what? Most current ex huns are more interested in the Wonga than yer hun of yore. 

59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"Slaver grenade" never got the recognition it deserved. 

Best thing on this thread. 

I'll be using that from now on

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's Cathro all over again. We need a fresh start. Happy with AM as SD

Totally understand that point of view just think it would be nice to shut that slavering old prick up. I'd have him as SD as well.

11 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You have a name in mind? 

This might be controvertial but Mike Tullberg.  He's been appointed manager of Borussia Dortmund II.  They have a reputation for producing good forward thinking managers who have gone on to manage bigger teams.

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

This might be controvertial but Mike Tullberg.  He's been appointed manager of Borussia Dortmund II.  They have a reputation for producing good forward thinking managers who have gone on to manage bigger teams.

He manages the reserves I think. Still a decent achievement. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Borussia II is their reserve side.  Play in one of the regional leagues in Germany I think.

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We were also struggling in the first division and knocked out the cup by Forfar

The height of our expectations at that time was to get promoted (we failed)... Hearts in 2019 is a complete different animal from the 1982 basket case

13 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

If this means you'll take heed, then all's good. (I rather doubt it)

Your doubts are right. I'm glad you aren't involved in picking any manager including my local school team.

13 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Mitch; it's not often I feel I can speak for the entirety of JKB, but i feel now is the time.  Shut the **** up, your posts are awful. 

12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't have an extensive knowledge of all football coaches worldwide but I would expect Hearts to be able to source something of the kind and look for someone rather than hope someone applies. 

No one worth their salt applies in football,  only people forgotten,  and usually for good reason 

Now now you obviously are willing to accept people who are not good enough for Hearts. Well I and many other Jambos are fed up with the crap that is dished up and the sooner the likes of you realise you are willing to accept crap you will refrain from showing me a lack of respect.

I don’t want McCall as manager, but I’m not averse to us hiring someone with an OF background. They tend to have exactly the kind of winning mentality that we need. Question is, who out there can be the next Macdonald/Jardine?

28 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

We were also struggling in the first division and knocked out the cup by Forfar

The height of our expectations at that time was to get promoted (we failed)... Hearts in 2019 is a complete different animal from the 1982 basket case

Yeah but we nearly died and used to be really shite.

We should know our place and wallow in our shitty existence and not aspire to anything other than being also rans.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Iconic Idiot said:

Yeah but we nearly died and used to be really shite.

We should know our place and wallow in our shitty existence and not aspire to anything other than being also rans.

That's a shite mission statement. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Surely B Dortmund II are the reserve side? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Can't agree 100%

He was professional and got us at the time, no doubt. 

However, At a recent game at Tynecastle, Doddie's colours came shining through. 

Can't remember what he said exactly, but he was happy rangers were winning. 

Too happy to be our guest really. 

Given his age and Likley drink it wasn't really bad, but it irked me a little. He was our guest. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Iconic Idiot said:

Agreed but it's where a lot of our fans are sadly.

Not sure that's the case tbh. 

Can be ambitious but realistic as well. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure that's the case tbh. 

Can be ambitious but realistic as well. 

True.

The next managerial appointment will show the boards ambition and that in turn will filter through to the fans.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

No nothing like them.

So they weren't huge Rangers men? Or did you even read the posts?

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Can we just dismiss him for being $#!te then. 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So they weren't huge Rangers men? Or did you even read the posts?

I did. What's your point caller?

4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

McCall would be a shocker of an appointment, we saw that when he whored himself out to der hun at every opportunity when Motherwell boss, he would be one of those managers that would have us up for Celtic games and whatever teams benefited der hun at that particular time, I don't mind him as a person, but not a chance as a manager. 

Not that I want him but his record at Motherwell is streets ahead of Robinson’s. Anyone wanting Robinson over McCall hasn’t done their homework. I’m sure Mrs Budge has though. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Now now you obviously are willing to accept people who are not good enough for Hearts. Well I and many other Jambos are fed up with the crap that is dished up and the sooner the likes of you realise you are willing to accept crap you will refrain from showing me a lack of respect.

Not sure why I'm copied in there. But if you're going to put words in my mouth you can **** your respect  :)

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Surely B Dortmund II are the reserve side? 

Yes, bad eyes, smallish phone It’ll come to you one day. 

The Old Tolbooth
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not that I want him but his record at Motherwell is streets ahead of Robinson’s. Anyone wanting Robinson over McCall hasn’t done their homework. I’m sure Mrs Budge has though. 

I agree with that but want neither of them, Robinson would be a backward move for me and hardly inspirational. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

He owes us :)

Norwich recruited Farke exactly same route 

Edited by Sir Gio

13 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Mccall would be an absolutely insane appointment and obviously not a popular one. I trust Budge doesn’t want to further enrage the support so we can safely say this won’t be happening.

McCall would not be a good appointment. Another **** old firm dud. Some of the names linked....jeezo, are we Hibs!? Looking for a cheapo option will not win the fans trust in her if a few of the candidates that's been linked ends up getting the gig. As for further enraging the support, she's doing a pretty good job of that already and as long as money keeps piling in from fans in various formats she won't really care that much. I'm a big fan of Ann, spoke with her a few times over the years even before she got financially involved with the club and as a season ticket holder but although she's done a good co-job getting the club back on it's feet, we are now stalling and have been since 2016. Patience is really wearing thin with her now.

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure why I'm copied in there. But if you're going to put words in my mouth you can **** your respect  :)

Copied by mistake please accept my apologies Sir Gil.

Some on here.... really think that we are going to appoint Stuart McCall......   calm doon  !

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He owes us :)

Norwich recruited Farke exactly same route 

As did Huddersfield with David Wagner.

Ann was not joking when she said she new jack shit about football if she’s interviewing   Dross like McCall and Cotterill complete waste of time

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Ann was not joking when she said she new jack shit about football if she’s interviewing   Dross like McCall and Cotterill complete waste of time

you are a loser 

Christ pipe down and leave her to get on with the process. She will do whats best for the club and certainly knows more than us about running a football club. :rofl:

Edited by D4nny_