Stuart McCall Ann ! Really

mitch41

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

What the hell is Ann Budge interviewing the likes of Stuart McCall for has she lost the plot and who is the numpty that is advising her.

If this is the standard of Ex Manager looking for a job we are in trouble. Come on Ann get a grip will you.

24136F03-D5C7-4ECE-8AAD-C0E6BFD10080.png.63e1148e924ce60404830e3235a07ee5.png

You may find this useful. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• Bridge of Djoum

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd forgotten he beat Aberdeen to 2nd. Give him a point for that at least,  but another on the wrong trajectory 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._managers

Probably useful for folk to have a look back at our previous managers. Might add some context to the situation...

Apparently we're high profile and should be operating in the Europa League. 

Not Kickbacks words

I’m not advocating McCall, however I’d love to see a list of managers that our fans do think we should be going after...I suspect it would be total fantasy.

Literally every name that has been mentioned has been shot down...even potentially high profile ones!

Moyes, Keane, Warnock, Hughes, Magath...not good enough.

Cotterill, McCall...dinosaurs

Robinson, Ross, Holt, McCann...not Hearts standard

I get that we should set a high bar, however I worry that fans expectations are ridiculously high.

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No.

You ok? Not like you to lose your cool...

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Apparently we're high profile and should be operating in the Europa League. 

Not Kickbacks words

'High Profile' in the context of Scottish football. Celtic currently have a manager who was sacked by Hibs. Rangers have a very high profile player who started there as a rookie manager. The idea of a Moyes coming in is total fantasy. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, combo74 said:

I’m not advocating McCall, however I’d love to see a list of managers that our fans do think we should be going after...I suspect it would be total fantasy.

Literally every name that has been mentioned has been shot down...even potentially high profile ones!

Moyes, Keane, Warnock, Hughes, Magath...not good enough.

Cotterill, McCall...dinosaurs

Robinson, Ross, Holt, McCann...not Hearts standard

I get that we should set a high bar, however I worry that fans expectations are ridiculously high.

There will be a gem in Europe. If you look hard enough 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

You have a name in mind? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You ok? Not like you to lose your cool...

'High Profile' in the context of Scottish football. Celtic currently have a manager who was sacked by Hibs. Rangers have a very high profile player who started there as a rookie manager. The idea of a Moyes coming in is total fantasy. 

We know that. Doesn't mean we settle for a person struggling for work. 

I'll take some heart she suggested compensation wasn't a problem 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

You have a name in mind? 

Nope,  but if I was part of the project,  I'd be looking at it carefully,  particularly Germany 

We know that. Doesn't mean we settle for a person struggling for work. 

I'll take some heart she suggested compensation wasn't a problem 

If it is someone employed it will be someone employed by Motherwell, ICT or Cove Rangers. We won't be taking any promising young managers away from the English leagues.

Nope,  but if I was part of the project,  I'd be looking at it carefully,  particularly Germany 

Imagine some unknown young German manager was brought in. First comment ' German Cathro', second comment 'what kind of laptop does he have' ...

I agree that a European manager would be interesting but I don't think our fans have the patience or the intellect for it.

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Germany is a nice shout... based on what though? 

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Dick would at least be entertaining. 

His after dinner speech started  "Dick Advocat......2 of my wife's favourite things "

:rofl:that’s a belter. 

23 minutes ago, weehammy said:

So who should we be targeting? Constructive criticism please.

Daniel Stendel plays the way I want to see Hearts play.

Nathan Jones, did is a fabulous job at Luton and skooshed everyone in their path.

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst. I’d at least try. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Maybe Miguel Cardoso who did well at Rio Ave. Had some tough gigs after with no time.

Jaap Stam who did ok at Reading and well at Zwolle. 

Olof Mellberg has been doing well in Sweden early doors, might be a promising manager. 

Someone that’s been there and done a good job or someone that is on their way up rather than has beens or managers no one will touch with a barge pole. 🤷🏼‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That would be my preferred option; someone that people don’t really know and therefore don’t have a strong opinion on; maybe less negativity.

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Frank Schmidt is a Heidenham man until he gets them to the promised land or he’d have been on my list. You can only try though. That is the level of ambition the club needs to show. 

Not scraping the barrel like they seem to be doing. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Who said mccall had been interviewed?

It was Mitch I believe.  And, just for the record he doesn't float my boat.  

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Mitch; it's not often I feel I can speak for the entirety of JKB, but i feel now is the time.  Shut the **** up, your posts are awful. 

you aint speaking on behalf of me and I reckon many others on here mrs,dont fecking delude yourself.

Bridge of Djoum
15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Imagine some unknown young German manager was brought in. First comment ' German Cathro', second comment 'what kind of laptop does he have' ...

I agree that a European manager would be interesting but I don't think our fans have the patience or the intellect for it.

I’m currently compiling a list of hypothetical but likely quotes we may hear from the Blood Pressure Crew upon the new appointment when it’s announced.

”Budge Out”

”Levein involved”

”Wont be back” 

Where is the best place to park”

Why didn’t my mother ever hold me”

Bingo tickets are a Quid a strip. 1st prize is a season ticket in any filled in corner of your choice. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Frank Schmidt is a Heidenham man until he gets them to the promised land or he’d have been on my list. You can only try though. That is the level of ambition the club needs to show. 

Germany isn't a bad place to look 👍

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Who said mccall had been interviewed?

@mitch41  unleashed a slaver grenade, then promptly went off to bed.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Bazzas right boot

When some folk dismissed Moyes in favour of Robbo or Robinson, the jkb manager opinions went up the pole imo. 

JKB is generally nonsense most of the time but the manager talk has taken it to extreme levels of ridiculousness. 

Folk getting angry over things that may or may not have happened that may or may not lead to something is just another chapter. 

It's entertaining tho. 

I do worry that some folk get themselves into a state over very little and I feel some are just setting themselves up to hate the new manager whoever it is. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

@mitch41  unleashed a slaver grenade, then promptly went off to bed.

A slaver grenade. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

This place has reached peak insanity!

Indeed. Time to start the Levein Back campaign to save us from ourselves ...

31 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He's 4th in the German second division, it's a nice idea but hearts don't have that pulling power

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

I have zero faith in Budge appointing the right candidate

Who are your ideal preferences? Ideal and feasible that is. And what does “right candidate” mean. What’s the criteria there? 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

9 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

I have zero faith in Budge appointing the right candidate

Perhaps, but there is very little consensus on who the right candidate is it seems. 

11 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

He's 4th in the German second division, it's a nice idea but hearts don't have that pulling power

They’re not a big club. He’s basically taken someone like Dumbarton (in population terms) from playing in the West of Scotland Leagues up through all the divisions and as you say, has them sitting 4th. 

Shy bairns dinnae get any sweeties. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Walter Smith advising us 

She must have a better contact book than that.

Walter Smith will advise Ann to interview Huns and Huns alone IMO. The originator of anti-football.

I’d rather Levein advised her.

1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

you aint speaking on behalf of me and I reckon many others on here mrs,dont fecking delude yourself.

You're just the same as Mitch.

Howling at the moon. 

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Fine. But at the end of the day all of the above - and indeed anyone- will still be a punt.

Cardoso sounds good to me Cruyff Turn :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What the hell is Ann Budge interviewing the likes of Stuart McCall for has she lost the plot and who is the numpty that is advising her.

If this is the standard of Ex Manager looking for a job we are in trouble. Come on Ann get a grip will you.

Mitch, this is a collector's item.

I agree wholeheartedly with you.

Wouldn't touch McCall with a bargepole.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

She must have a better contact book than that.

Walter Smith will advise Ann to interview Huns and Huns alone IMO. The originator of anti-football.

I’d rather Levein advised her.

Alex Macdonald and sandy jardine didn't do too badly 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Perhaps, but there is very little consensus on who the right candidate is it seems. 

Unless someone appears from left field, this appointment is going to split the support right down the middle. Glad it's not my job.

Honeymoon period could be the shortest ever, although decent initial performances and hopefully a good result or two will help. 

There is zero chance hes getting the job. Even if Ann thinks hes the one there are far too many others in Hearts who will tell her otherwise. He would be more unpopular that McPhee getting it IMO.

The Old Tolbooth

McCall would be a shocker of an appointment, we saw that when he whored himself out to der hun at every opportunity when Motherwell boss, he would be one of those managers that would have us up for Celtic games and whatever teams benefited der hun at that particular time, I don't mind him as a person, but not a chance as a manager. 

We_are_the_Hearts
14 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

McCall would be a shocker of an appointment, we saw that when he whored himself out to der hun at every opportunity when Motherwell boss, he would be one of those managers that would have us up for Celtic games and whatever teams benefited der hun at that particular time, I don't mind him as a person, but not a chance as a manager. 

Like Alex MacDonald and Sandy Jardine.................

This is getting bonkers. I come on in the mornings and have a wee read to try and get up to speed with all things hearts, looking for little snippets of info that I can spread around various group chats I'm in. Every managers thread is full of the same negative nellys accusing Budge of lying or taking the piss as far as the next manager is concerned. She has to know this appointment is huge people genuinely thinks we'll appoint Staurt McCall? Like really?

We are a certain level, that level appeals to managers of varying levels. You've got your Jack Ross and Robinson types - a bit of experience hungry and imo good coaches who would use hearts to springboard themselves to bigger and better things. I have no problem with that. 

You've got the has beens - Felix, McCall, Holloway - they'd apply for pretty much any job they're all finished imo

The dream candidates - Moyes who i was against but in truth is a massive name with bags of experience - Warnock - mental but I'd probably take him for the banter and I do think he gets teams fighting and winning games they need to win.

The outsiders - the german/european guys - I have no idea about any of them but the posters who I find speak the most sense feel this is the way we should go which is fine but I dont know enough about these guys to fight their corner. If they did get appointed I dont know how long Willie Miller and co would give them before they start digging at Ann for again thinking outside the box and making snide comments on their accents and the way they dress.

I still want Robinson or Ross.

Lets stop this nonsense about Budge taking the piss ect she knows how big this selection is ajd to say otherwise is pant wetting of the highest order.