Stuart McCall Ann ! Really

mitch41

3 hours ago, Phage said:

I feel extremely strongly against McCall. I wouldn't be back, id be in the plaza with a bring back Levein placard from game 1.

Serious No! Absolutely No!

McCall is a red line I wont cross. No No No.

Baffled that anyone would entertain this as even, at best, a shit idea.

Seriously pick anyone else, my expectations are lowered to zero after this thread.

A lot of words, but no explanation as to why you feel this way

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• Bridge of Djoum

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 hours ago, Phage said:

I feel extremely strongly against McCall. I wouldn't be back, id be in the plaza with a bring back Levein placard from game 1.

Seriously pick anyone else, my expectations are lowered to zero after this thread.

Tell us though... Would you be happy with Stuart McCall as manager?

The_razors_edge

Spoke to my Motherwell supporting colleague about McLoll he other day. He just laughed and said he isn’t what we need or would want if the club are serious about winning trophies or getting in to Europe. The football played in his time with Motherwell was awful and he was helped by the fact Hearts, hibs and rangers weren’t in the league when he was finishing 2nd with Motherwell. Despite what the Bradford fan on here is saying i definitely don’t want him in charge.  

Captain Canada

Hopefully we appoint someone soon. Some people seem certain it's Stendel and others say they have info that he's not even in contention. 

Personally I'd rather it wasn't Stuart McCall as I'd prefer someone with fresh ideas and no OF history. From what I've read, the circumstances in his last two jobs were very difficult but I'm unsure if he has the qualities we need to come in, unite the club and hit the ground running to get us headed towards the top 6. 

In my view he would be a disappointing choice given how attractive the job is and the initial comments from AB. 

32 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

A lot of words, but no explanation as to why you feel this way

Have you followed his career?

Do you know his style :S

Have you seen his piss poor record? Might as well go get someone thats half decent a football manager 2020 for all the good he would do.

6 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Tell us though... Would you be happy with Stuart McCall as manager?

No

4 hours ago, Phage said:

Geeezo calm down 

he would be ok for us I reckon 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Phage said:

Have you seen his piss poor record? Might as well go get someone thats half decent a football manager 2020 for all the good he would do.

No

His mgt record is better than most on the list that is going about, of not all. 

His mgt record is not piss poor, maybe a little dated. 

A Bradford fan further up gave you some info on his football and style. 

Another poster gave a very detailed summary of his highlights as a manager. 

I don't particularly want McCall but the reasons you are giving are just wrong. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Phage said:

No

13 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Nicked this from a facebook post by someone and I agree

Keep seeing No to McCall why? Broke all kinds of club records since wartime at Motherwell (jeez took them to champions league). And was the most successful manager at Bradford since 3 points a win was introduced, regarding points won and win percentage taking them to play off final. This goes all the way back to Roy McFarland.Rangers was a basket case so cant be blamed there. As was Scunthorpe. Look at them since he was sacked!! The manager before lasted 6 games. At Motherwell and Bradford he not only played great football but his best player left due to bigger clubs noticing them.

Motherwell 2011

scottish cup final - lost to Celtic

league cup semi final - lost to Rangers

top 6 finish

Mark Reynolds sold to Sheffield Wed

Motherwell 2012

Top 3 finish

Sutton to Hearts

Hughes to Aberdeen

Motherwell 2013

2nd SPL (63 points club record)

SPL Manager of the year

Champions legue lost to Panathanikos

Europa league lost to Levante

clancy to hibs

murphy to sheffield utd

jennings to coventry

Motherwell 2014

2nd SPL (70 points new club record)

Randolph to Birmingham

Humphreys to PNE

Ojama to Warsaw

Higdon to NEC

Hateley to Tranmere

Hutchison to Millwall

Bradford 2016 /17

Started season with around 6 players - built whole team from scratch

5th in league 1 (24 teams)

Never lost a home game

play off final

outside top 6 on 2 occassions entire season

Bradford 2017 /18

City Chairman publicly falls out with mccall

Chairman nevers overs 1st player new contracts

Chairman waits until last day of transfer window to recruit

Sacked whilst in top 6 1 game later

Fans not happy and blame chairman Edin Rahic (chased from club later)

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Finished second because rangers, hearts and hibs all ****ed .. 

shame we never finished second when Rangers and Hibs were in a lower division. 🤔

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Finished second because rangers, hearts and hibs all ****ed .. 

With Motherwell. 

Not his fault we were all ****ed. 

Also, Hibs got relegated through being shite and getting relegated accordingly, they have **** all to do with it and aren't an exception. 

3 hours ago, Phage said:

I have.

I do.

I've seen his record and to describe as 'piss poor' is nonsense.

he might not be the highest profile you could appoint, but you could do a lot worse. Irvine for a start would be a LOT worse. 

Ernie Eskilsson
On 15/11/2019 at 18:53, campbell said:

That’s still not answering my question it’s merely saying who you wouldn’t have!  if you’re telling me you wouldn’t have Brendan Rogers as Hearts manager then you need your head examined 

Since you’ve raised the subject of heads needing examined, if you think Rogers’ wages would be good value and worth Hearts investing in maybe you should have a look in the mirror...

1 hour ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Since you’ve raised the subject of heads needing examined, if you think Rogers’ wages would be good value and worth Hearts investing in maybe you should have a look in the mirror...

Clearly I was talking about his ability as a manager not what he would command in wages etc! Your logic of ruling out anyone who has ties with the old firm is ridiculous, let me guess you don’t like the colour green?

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm coming round to McCall

Not against him at all.

Underrated manager, winning mentality as a player and as a manager. I think he could manage Hearts without any problems but he wouldn't be my top choice, that has yet to emerge in all honestly and I hope emerges next week

Edited by rudi must stay

10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm coming round to McCall

I really hope McCall is no where near hearts just do not see anything he has to offer all just my opinion of course and I am no expert my shout is warnock or Stendel and a outside chance of Ricardo Carvalho witch is dream land I admit 

Ernie Eskilsson
On 21/11/2019 at 14:12, campbell said:

Clearly I was talking about his ability as a manager not what he would command in wages etc! Your logic of ruling out anyone who has ties with the old firm is ridiculous, let me guess you don’t like the colour green?

Correct that I don’t like green but that’s nothing to do with the old firm. My logic, as you call it, is based on not wanting a manager of our club who is more interested in what’s happening in Glasgow than Tynecastle. It’s a generalisation I know and there are notable exceptions like Ferguson but in the main OF people want to be there not here...

Nah no thanks.

Rangers through and through. Would always be looking there and not being 100% Hearts.

Aye we had wee Doddie in the 80s. Different times called for different measures. 

One thing I'll say in McCalls favour is that he would probably be the one to stick around the longest if things were going well. 

Stendel would drop us like a hot potato. 

Warnock close to retiring or could perhaps be persuaded by one more championship team before he does. 

Any other young manager who does well would go on to bigger things.

Still, I want to be inspired. McCall doesn't do that one iota for me. Boring. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We only need a a manger for 2.5 years imo then it’s Naismith 

On paper that sounds like a winner. Naisy has the makings of a great coach 👍

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Homme said:

On paper that sounds like a winner. Naisy has the makings of a great coach 👍

without doubt.. but please not McCall for the 2.5 years 

Ann is starting to look like one of those people that take over a post office and try and turn it into a cafe. 

Tiny wee bit in the corner to send your post and the rest of the place is full of tables. 

Ok Ann this is Monday the 25th of November what are you up to today. What is your No. 1 priority ?

Check your emails, answer your emails, maybe get your hair done in Gorgie Road, oh wait a minute

didn’t you have something to do with finding a new manager !  Yes of course now what is that lawyer 

gadgy doing and where is wee Parky today.

Come on Ann get the finger out before McPhee, Daly & Fox get us relegated and Tynecastle becomes 

a place to take naughty kids for their punishment and drives the rest of us to drink.