Stuart McCall Ann ! Really

mitch41

8 minutes ago, pointon said:

Ann was not joking when she said she new jack shit about football if she’s interviewing   Dross like McCall and Cotterill complete waste of time

sometimes interviewing crap candidates can help the better ones really stand out. 

I'm not even joking. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• Bridge of Djoum

6 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

you are a loser 

😀 i was thinking of a reply that would cover this off without being direct.

Thanks for saving me the hassle.

Italian Lambretta

So it looks like a former coach who was forced to leave the club for inappropriate behaviour is now the odds on favourite to be manager. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’ll judge her on what she delivers.

There are plenty on here who would give her a round of applause if she appointed a corpse. Can do no wrong.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

So it looks like a former coach who was forced to leave the club for inappropriate behaviour is now the odds on favourite to be manager. 

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh ah grantona

Just out of pure curiosity who the feck do you want?? 

No 1 person within our budget is going to please everyone and people seriously need to rethink our level 

You are looking at guys most likely with British experience and around championship league 1 in England will mirror SPL 

If you go for an abroad based guy will they adapt??

Or do you go for someone like Paul scholes big name but not done much as a manager

Everyone who wants the job and that has applied has something to prove.

Also if you are getting work done at home do you just go out and pick someone or do you get quotes and sound out the tradesman

These could easily be dummy interviews to get ideas hone her skills in asking the correct questions 

20 minutes ago, pointon said:

Ann was not joking when she said she new jack shit about football if she’s interviewing   Dross like McCall and Cotterill complete waste of time

Who is your preferred candidate?

I lost a lot of faith in Ann over the last couple of years but she seems to have recognised mistakes have been made and is endeavouring to rectify them. She has my full faith and support whilst she recruits for our two vacancies, only once appointments have been made (or failed to have been made) will I pass judgement.

Let's get behind her and support her in the interim

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

As did Huddersfield with David Wagner.

I obviously have no idea if he is any good at all, certainly not experienced, but this is the kind of thing I am not averse to, its a risk I would take

24 minutes ago, pointon said:

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Roy Keane or Stephen Robinson 

On 3 December 2013, Cotterill was appointed manager of League One club Bristol City on a three-and-a-half-year contract.[50] In his first season in charge, Cotterill guided Bristol City to 12th place in League One.[51] In his second season in charge, the 2014–15 season, City won the Football League Trophy, for a record third time. 10 points clear at the top of League One and 37 points ahead of their rivals, City beat Walsall 2–0 at Wembley on 22 March 2015.[52] Cotterill guided Bristol City to promotion from League One in the 2014–15 season with a club record of 99 points.[53] Club chairman Keith Dawe said that the season's success "will live in the memory for a long time".[54] Their form since the start of the season under Cotterill was described as "imperious" and promotion was gained on 14 April 2015 after a 0–6 away win at Bradford City.[55]

On 18 April 2015, Bristol City were crowned League One champions following a 0–0 draw at home to Coventry City.[56] This made them the first club to win both the Football League Trophy and League One in the same season since Birmingham City in 1995.[57] It was Bristol City's first league title win for 60 years since their win in the 1954–55 Division Three South.[58] Following Bristol City's promotion to the |Championship, Steve was named LMA League One Manager of the Year, having already earned Sky Bet League One Manager of the Month in September 2014 and March 2015.[59][60][61]

Despite their successes in League One, the squad struggled in the Championship after a series of rejected transfers following a lack of investment.[62] Only 256 days after Cotterill had led them back to the Championship, Cotterill was dismissed by Keith Dawe on 14 January 2016, despite his earlier favourable appraisal of Cotterill: "I believe Steve Cotterill has the capacity to be a Premier League manager".[63][64] Other senior figures at the club were also supportive of Cotterill prior to his dismissal, such as club owner Steve Lansdown: "He is the man at the helm to take us forward".[65]

25 minutes ago, pointon said:

Hmm, thought It was a committee that had been set up for this purpose.

26 minutes ago, pointon said:

Maybe it's a reflection of who is willing to come here.

Lots of names mentioned. But are they interested? 

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Roy Keane or Stephen Robinson 

Is this for manager or SD?

What is it about them and their track records that endears you to them?

29 minutes ago, pointon said:

How about waiting until she’s made an appointment before having a go at her. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

On 3 December 2013, Cotterill was appointed manager of League One club Bristol City on a three-and-a-half-year contract.[50] In his first season in charge, Cotterill guided Bristol City to 12th place in League One.[51] In his second season in charge, the 2014–15 season, City won the Football League Trophy, for a record third time. 10 points clear at the top of League One and 37 points ahead of their rivals, City beat Walsall 2–0 at Wembley on 22 March 2015.[52] Cotterill guided Bristol City to promotion from League One in the 2014–15 season with a club record of 99 points.[53] Club chairman Keith Dawe said that the season's success "will live in the memory for a long time".[54] Their form since the start of the season under Cotterill was described as "imperious" and promotion was gained on 14 April 2015 after a 0–6 away win at Bradford City.[55]

On 18 April 2015, Bristol City were crowned League One champions following a 0–0 draw at home to Coventry City.[56] This made them the first club to win both the Football League Trophy and League One in the same season since Birmingham City in 1995.[57] It was Bristol City's first league title win for 60 years since their win in the 1954–55 Division Three South.[58] Following Bristol City's promotion to the |Championship, Steve was named LMA League One Manager of the Year, having already earned Sky Bet League One Manager of the Month in September 2014 and March 2015.[59][60][61]

Despite their successes in League One, the squad struggled in the Championship after a series of rejected transfers following a lack of investment.[62] Only 256 days after Cotterill had led them back to the Championship, Cotterill was dismissed by Keith Dawe on 14 January 2016, despite his earlier favourable appraisal of Cotterill: "I believe Steve Cotterill has the capacity to be a Premier League manager".[63][64] Other senior figures at the club were also supportive of Cotterill prior to his dismissal, such as club owner Steve Lansdown: "He is the man at the helm to take us forward".[65]

Let me guess... then they sacked him, when he didn't :)

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can't agree 100%

He was professional and got us at the time, no doubt. 

However, At a recent game at Tynecastle, Doddie's colours came shining through. 

Can't remember what he said exactly, but he was happy rangers were winning. 

Too happy to be our guest really. 

Given his age and Likley drink it wasn't really bad, but it irked me a little. He was our guest. 

Alex Macdonald was a Rangers season ticket holder when was at Hearts.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Your doubts are right. I'm glad you aren't involved in picking any manager including my local school team.

You don't do irony, mitch, that's for sure.

43 minutes ago, pointon said:

Just pointon that out were you ? Tedious. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Let me guess... then they sacked him, when he didn't :)

Indeed, however it appears their was resistance to the move.

29 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I lost a lot of faith in Ann over the last couple of years but she seems to have recognised mistakes have been made and is endeavouring to rectify them. She has my full faith and support whilst she recruits for our two vacancies, only once appointments have been made (or failed to have been made) will I pass judgement.

Let's get behind her and support her in the interim

Please disregard this post, it wasn't intended in reply specifically about Stuart McCall as per the merge.

50 minutes ago, pointon said:

New Jack Shitty: was that a sub-standard and lesser-known sequel?   :huh:

adf.png

portobellojambo1
40 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Just out of pure curiosity who the feck do you want?? 

No 1 person within our budget is going to please everyone and people seriously need to rethink our level 

You are looking at guys most likely with British experience and around championship league 1 in England will mirror SPL 

If you go for an abroad based guy will they adapt??

Or do you go for someone like Paul scholes big name but not done much as a manager

Everyone who wants the job and that has applied has something to prove.

Also if you are getting work done at home do you just go out and pick someone or do you get quotes and sound out the tradesman

These could easily be dummy interviews to get ideas hone her skills in asking the correct questions 

As, on a couple of other occasions within this season, Ann Budge may not have been wise to make the statement she did about there being absolutely no problem finance wise in terms of looking for and appointing a new manager. Either she meant that sincerely or possibly shouldn't have said anything.

I'm amongst those who are choosing not to comment on who will be or should be the next manager because I really don't know who I would like as manager or who she will appoint. The only thing I'm willing to commit to is that if he wants the role and attains all the relevant badges Steven Naismith would and will make a very good manager for some club in the next 3 years or so, and I would be delighted if he chose us as that club. It was something we were talking about during the home game versus St Mirren, where the players appeared to learn more in the first 10-15 minutes of that game than they had from the sidelines in the last 10-15 months.

Edited by portobellojambo1

29 minutes ago, pointon said:

It’s all about opinions 

That's funny, because I could have sworn it was you that said Budge knew nothing about football because of who she might be interviewing. So all about opinions when someone questions your view, but a case of the other person knowing nothing when you don't like their view? That is ignoring for a moment that you don't actually know who Hearts are interviewing. Just another moon howler.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

As, on a couple of other occasions within this season, Ann Budge may not have been wise to make the statement she did about there being absolutely no problem finance wise in terms of looking for and appointing a new manager. Either she meant that sincerely or possibly shouldn't have said anything.

I'm amongst those who are choosing not to comment on who will be or should be the next manager because I really don't know who I would like as manager or who she will appoint. The only thing I'm willing to commit to is that if he wants the role and attains all the relevant badges Steven Naismith would and will make a very good manager for some club in the next 3 years or so, and I would be delighted if he chose us as that club.

Did you genuinely think that Budge saying that finance not being a problem is the same as saying we have an absolutely unlimited budget and can afford any manager in the world? Surely you understand that it means that we aren't working to a lower budget than you would expect of a club like Hearts because of having to get rid of Levein, pay for the stadium, etc.

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe it's a reflection of who is willing to come here.

Lots of names mentioned. But are they interested? 

Well, I suspect it depends on if the positions were advertised or only well kent agents contacted.

I take most of the names mentioned with a pinch of salt as lazy media just make things up without research.  I expect that whoever is appointed for both positions will unlikely be someone already mentioned.  Let's face it, unless you rake the bins outside Tynecastle you are unlikely to get an inkling.  Then again, I expect Ann to have access to an industrial size shredder.

I hope we appoint mccoll and finish 3rd then every moaning faced tit on here will shut up. Genuinely the most negative views on the planet with every suggested manager 

Want Budge out but don’t think there is too much harm in interviewing them. 

However, if someone like Stuart McCall was employed then what was the point in sacking Levein? We’d get relegated with both

15 minutes ago, Livihertz said:

I hope we appoint mccoll and finish 3rd then every moaning faced tit on here will shut up. Genuinely the most negative views on the planet with every suggested manager 

Won’t matter who we get. The toys will be well and truly out of the pram for some.

1 hour ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Seen the term ‘Slaver Grenade’ on another thread, very suitable here.

That will be the new term for those that think "cretin" is  the go to insult.

Leveins Battalion
15 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Why are we interviewing these guys?

Clearly we have no intention of drawing up a top class shortlist and headhunting a manager or we wouldn’t be giving these guys the time of day. 

Who’s next up, Jim Duffy and Dick Campbell?

:vrface:

This!!!the whole thing is an utter shambles!!!Blind leading the blind.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Your doubts are right. I'm glad you aren't involved in picking any manager including my local school team.

What year are you in?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
38 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

However, if someone like Stuart McCall was employed then what was the point in sacking Levein? We’d get relegated with both

“I hope we appoint Fred West just to shut up jkb.”

People don’t have to rate McCall just because he’s been interviewed.

Bridge of Djoum
42 minutes ago, Livihertz said:

Image result for jim mccoll beechgrove garden presenters

44 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Just as a matter of interest ,  if Mrs Budge leaves who do you want to replace her ?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

We should end the process now and give the bloody gig to Neil warnock. He has expressed an interest so it would make absolutely no sense if less successful less experienced canididates like jack Ross or Stuart mcalll get the job over him.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

We should end the process now and give the bloody gig to Neil warnock. He has expressed an interest so it would make absolutely no sense if less successful less experienced canididates like jack Ross or Stuart mcalll get the job over him.

15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't have an extensive knowledge of all football coaches worldwide but I would expect Hearts to be able to source something of the kind and look for someone rather than hope someone applies. 

No one worth their salt applies in football,  only people forgotten,  and usually for good reason 

👍🏼 agree SG. Not sure if we tried to go down the route of approaching another manager, but when AB came out with the statement about wanting someone with 'top level experience' (or something along they lines) she has basically ruled us out of going for an upcoming young manager from league 1 in England or German 2nd division ect. Probably because right now we simply can't afford to take that gamble.