Stuart McCall Ann ! Really

mitch41

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

McCall comes with the inbuilt "huns are better than everyone else" mentality.

I want the polar opposite of him- someone who wants to destroy Rangers like a tax demand on speed

"incorrect tax demand on speed" 

😂

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• Bridge of Djoum

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

McCall comes with the inbuilt "huns are better than everyone else" mentality.

I want the polar opposite of him- someone who wants to destroy Rangers like a tax demand on speed

I do agree with this we need a change of thought up here can’t be bothered with this fear of Glasgow teams they ain’t that good. 

Get stendel or felix interviewed 

Fozzyonthefence
On 14/11/2019 at 15:19, gcjambo said:

Stuart McCall wouldn’t be a particularly exciting managerial appointment but he does have finishing above Derek McInnes’s Aberdeen team on his CV (on a significantly smaller budget than he would have at Hearts) so I can definitely see why the club are keen to at least interview him.

Don’t understand some of the ott reactions to this.

His Rangers team also managed to lose a SPL playoff to Motherwell 6-1 on aggregate iirc.  And that was more recent than his successful period at Motherwell. He’s been a car crash since then.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

22 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Can’t be bothered checking but I’m sure he won the Championship with QPR. 

He has the record for most promotions to the EPL.  Eight promotions to the English top league. 

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

My auld man text me to say we are looking at signing them for manager/head coach role. No sure where he heard that from. However if that's our aspirations we may as well get Robbie Nielsen back.

and the laugh is we wouldn't be able to get him if Ann even wanted to. He's on the way up with United with an owner there splashing the cash. We're a far bigger club than United but I'm sure they'll not release him and he wouldn't come back anyway due to the phoodle pharty nonsense and the fact CL is still floating about with his notepad in the background

Ernie Eskilsson
On 13/11/2019 at 22:08, campbell said:

Would love the people who keep saying “ worries by the people linked” or “the rumoured candidates are worrying” to actually tell all of us who are clearly idiots who would should be appointing! I’m not championing for McCall but some folk in here would have us believe we could get Mourhino 

OK I’ll start, I don’t want anyone who has been employed, in any capacity, at any time, by either of the ugly sisters. I want someone who actually wants to stick it to them...

1 minute ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

OK I’ll start, I don’t want anyone who has been employed, in any capacity, at any time, by either of the ugly sisters. I want someone who actually wants to stick it to them...

But does our owner think that way? I really don't think she does and that is part of the problem.

McCall sacked by two lower-league English teams in a row, one more than Jack Ross. When I first saw the headlines I thought it must be Ian of that ilk, currently at Thistle.

Not an inspiring choice.

Would be an abysmal appointment, I can only hope the reporting is inaccurate.  2 recent sackings in League 1/2. He did a woeful job at Rangers. His last success, relatively speaking was over 10 years ago. He has neither the back catalogue or youth / innovation on his side leaving us with a wholly uninspiring appointment - to the extent that I'd even prefer McPhee to remain in post.

I am sure I read a rumour that Budge met with Walter Smith for some counsel and this smacks of Walter pointing her in his direction. 

The biggest concern on this is Budge's complete lack of football knowledge and lack of forward thinking people advising her. If Donald Park and Walter Smith are the people you are leaning on then inevitably we will end up with the Largs mafia or someone of that ilk.

This appointment really is defining for Budge in terms of her future tenure and how people will regard her footballing success at the helm. I don't have any faith at the moment that she'll pull it off.

On 13/11/2019 at 21:14, SpruceBringsteen said:

McCall and Cotterill are the dictionary definition of yesterday's men. 

IF this is the path the club is taking, I'm extremely worried about our direction.

Shelley Kerr's a better candidate than that clown Cotterill. How the hell did he get an interview. That's much more unbelievable than if McCall got interviewed. I find it hard to believe that ANY club would interview Cotterill and if we have, that's very worrying about who is giving out advice to AB

SpruceBringsteen

Genuinely believe it's the whole same fake interview fiasco as last time and that MacPhee is getting it. Daly will be assistant.

I cannot ****ing FATHOM how anyone connected with the club can seriously think interviewing any of the clown parade we've seen so far is going to unearth the correct man. Interview absolute no-hopers, then reel out "the best man was under our nose the whole time" etc etc.

50 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

That’s still not answering my question it’s merely saying who you wouldn’t have!  if you’re telling me you wouldn’t have Brendan Rogers as Hearts manager then you need your head examined 

Loads of fake fans on here methinks, Stuart McCall just fine, the FF wanting us to get someone in that challenges OF 🤔 Not going to happen ever.

36 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Would be an abysmal appointment, I can only hope the reporting is inaccurate.  2 recent sackings in League 1/2. He did a woeful job at Rangers. His last success, relatively speaking was over 10 years ago. He has neither the back catalogue or youth / innovation on his side leaving us with a wholly uninspiring appointment - to the extent that I'd even prefer McPhee to remain in post.

I am sure I read a rumour that Budge met with Walter Smith for some counsel and this smacks of Walter pointing her in his direction. 

The biggest concern on this is Budge's complete lack of football knowledge and lack of forward thinking people advising her. If Donald Park and Walter Smith are the people you are leaning on then inevitably we will end up with the Largs mafia or someone of that ilk.

This appointment really is defining for Budge in terms of her future tenure and how people will regard her footballing success at the helm. I don't have any faith at the moment that she'll pull it off.

Donald Park was being raved about on this board just last week and now he is being lambasted

JKB to the core

People tell what they do not want but refuse to tell you who they would (subject to the real world of course otherwise I'd be in Liverpool now telling Klopp we are the next challenge for him)

They won't tell you who should be involved in the interview process, they won't tell you how to select a candidate but they will say no to anyone and everyone unless it is their choice

11 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Genuinely believe it's the whole same fake interview fiasco as last time and that MacPhee is getting it. Daly will be assistant.

I cannot ****ing FATHOM how anyone connected with the club can seriously think interviewing any of the clown parade we've seen so far is going to unearth the correct man. Interview absolute no-hopers, then reel out "the best man was under our nose the whole time" etc etc.

this

Just now, stotty said:

Beginning to worry about some of the names who seem to be in the running, think I'd rather we just gave McPhee a chance. 

I tend to agree. I know its speculation but McCall would be a kick in the teeth imo

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, stotty said:

Beginning to worry about some of the names who seem to be in the running, think I'd rather we just gave McPhee a chance. 

compared to some of the names I agree.. then again, that may be the plan

Just now, Superunknown said:

No one was particularly ecstatic when neilson got the gig and he did a great job so you never know how a manager is gonna do.

Different circumstances. This is one of, if not the, most important managerial appointments in our history. We must get it right or the disconnect between club and fans will grow wider. 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Donald Park was being raved about on this board just last week and now he is being lambasted

JKB to the core

People tell what they do not want but refuse to tell you who they would (subject to the real world of course otherwise I'd be in Liverpool now telling Klopp we are the next challenge for him)

They won't tell you who should be involved in the interview process, they won't tell you how to select a candidate but they will say no to anyone and everyone unless it is their choice

I didn't rave about Donald Park so not sure what your point is. 

The point I am making is that there is a dearth of football knowledge (it appears) in the people making the decision - this looks to be borne out with the likes of Mccall getting airtime. 

In terms of who I want, Stendel appeals to me. Someone of that ilk. As ever, Id expect the snr management at hearts to have an understanding of up and coming coaches here and abroad and be able to be proactive. Again,  I don't see this playing out but I hope I am wrong. 

And, just because the average punter doesn't have the resources or time to research the managerial candidates available to us in detail, that does not negate us being able to critique the possibility of Stuart ****ing Mccall. 

Edited by bistokid

gorgie rd eh11
2 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

What a ridiculous thing to say.

McCall is the only name I've heard so far that I think could do a job.

Who gives a shit if he is an ex rangers man. Everyone hated Naismith before we signed him for similar reasons, but now we all think he's great. 

McCall is a winner and that's what we need.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Who gives a shit if he is an ex rangers man. Everyone hated Naismith before we signed him for similar reasons, but now we all think he's great. 

he’s a and shouldn’t be allowed through the front door.. a little **** who whored himself to rangers constantly whilst at well , and failed spectacularly when he got the job and failed again in England.

Edited by kingantti1874

6 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

What has he won as a manager?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

The press are on a wind up mission. There’s no chance the absolute riffraff candidates interviewed this week will be offered the job.

I should bloody well hope not or the fans will go absolutely bloody riotous guaranteed at the first sign of any negativity with such an uninspiring appointment. 

Warnock, Keane, Magath or Stendel or gtf and just give it to McPhee. 

8 years ago, yes. Not now. 100% would take MacPhee over McCall.

I'd rather McCann over McCall!

Edited by tokyowalnut

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

8 years ago, yes. Not now. 100% would take MacPhee over McCall.

I'd rather McCann over McCall!

Yep.. of all the names I’ve heard the only realistic (in my uninformed opinion) and intriguing option is Stendel. If he is not available just give it to Austin.  The other candidates who have been mentioned are just meh!

im not even going to discuss fantasy appointments like John Terry, next to no chance it will happen.. 

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Lol. He was only there for about 2 months

Yes, only 2 months, because he was shite. They lost to Motherwell 6-1 on aggregate! 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yes, only 2 months, because he was shite. They lost to Motherwell 6-1 on aggregate! 

He was only there to try and salvage their season from the shite Mccoist had left. Didn't exactly get much of a chance to put his own stamp on the team

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

He was only there to try and salvage their season from the shite Mccoist had left. Didn't exactly get much of a chance to put his own stamp on the team

He still didn't do a very good job of salvaging things. If he had done a half decent job then they would probably have kept him on. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Just as well you're not THE boss.

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Just as well you're not THE boss.

Correct. I wouldn't interview shit candidates.

Stuart McCall should not a look in purely because his recent record is utterly abysmal. Was awful at Scunthorpe and Bradford. Shouldn't even get anywhere near an interview. I was in Scunthorpe earlier this year and spoke to fans there his whole reign was utterly crap and uninspiring. Local legend at Bradford, was chased because he wasn't good enough. I'm a sorry but he shouldn't even be getting to interview. The same goes for Neil McCann the track record simply isn't good enough.

McCall and his level is probably back to Motherwell when Robinson takes the Northern Ireland gig which I suspect will happen. Who knows he might do great things but I don't want him at Tynecastle. Nothing personal other than in what world are we employing a guy Bradford and Scunthorpe sacked? 🤷

22 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Stuart McCall should not a look in purely because his recent record is utterly abysmal. Was awful at Scunthorpe and Bradford. Shouldn't even get anywhere near an interview. I was in Scunthorpe earlier this year and spoke to fans there his whole reign was utterly crap and uninspiring. Local legend at Bradford, was chased because he wasn't good enough. I'm a sorry but he shouldn't even be getting to interview. The same goes for Neil McCann the track record simply isn't good enough.

McCall and his level is probably back to Motherwell when Robinson takes the Northern Ireland gig which I suspect will happen. Who knows he might do great things but I don't want him at Tynecastle. Nothing personal other than in what world are we employing a guy Bradford and Scunthorpe sacked? 🤷

Neil McCann has only had one managerial job. Definitely not enough evidence to say if he would be good one way or the other. Harley struggled at Dundee but has done very well at Alloa and Cove. McCann could come to Hearts and flourish. Likewise he could be a disaster. 

12 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Loads of fake fans on here methinks, Stuart McCall just fine, the FF wanting us to get someone in that challenges OF 🤔 Not going to happen ever.

It certainly won’t happen with Rangers loving McCall, or most Scottish managers, who have been brought up with that mentality.  That is why we should look elsewhere. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

A McCall and McCann chuckle brother double act is being mooted. 

would be beyond a disgrace.. and the final straw for me getting behind the budge out campaign 100%