Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Coburg Hearts

• Boab

Ahhhh - that feels better...

Thank you. 

Your complaint has been submitted.  

If you've asked us for a response we'll email you an acknowledgement.  This will explain when we aim to reply and will include a copy of the complaint for your records.

BBC Complaints Team

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

One thing missed in their great analysis is last season Aberdeen were well down the table at this stage last season after a poor start. 

Indeed.

Also, Aberdeen are clearly regressing year on year, whilst trying to build their echodome, and we're not far off clicking back into being a good, consistent team with great infrastructure that's paid for. 

August Landmesser
28 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Richard Gordon's courting of Willie Miller is our generation's Ross and Rachel. I suspect Dick will propose to Willie at some point before the season ends.

'I got off the trawler'

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Willie Miller and Richard Gordon are a huge part of why I love it when we pump Aberdeen. Almost every time they come to Tynie with 54000 in the away end we beat them. Looking forward to Dec 29th immensely, and then to finishing above them from now on. 

Upstarts.

Them and 'Ive seen the shite'.

Tears and snotters everywhere. Magnificent.

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Skims over the fact Austin started the semi final with Naismith, Walker and Uche on the bench. All of whom started and were amongst the goals the following game. 

Preston is a slaver with an agenda but that piece is hardly any better. 

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Willie Miller and Richard Gordon are a huge part of why I love it when we pump Aberdeen. Almost every time they come to Tynie with 54000 in the away end we beat them. Looking forward to Dec 29th immensely, and then to finishing above them from now on. 

Upstarts.

We have a fantastic home record against them but they can say the same towards us. They've been above us for going on 8 years.

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

BBC using the headline - fair play.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50382201

Article is Gary MacKay saying Austin MacPhee should be considered. And Michael Stewart also positive. 

Both of them were decent last night on sportssound. When they said they had MacKay coming on a feared the worse, but he was balanced, spoke well and only had the one dig at Levein. 

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

We have a fantastic home record against them but they can say the same towards us. They've been above us for going on 8 years.

Above us in average league position maybe, but level on trophies. One league cup is a pretty meagre return for McInnes' reign.

My Saturday ritual is to listen to Off The Ball then switch to Hearts TV at 14:00 as the BBC does not allow me to listen to Sportsound via the Internet.  Thank you BBC.

Allan Preston was signed by Joe Jordan in a swap deal with Utd for Scott Crabbe (a good enough reason to dislike him) and managed 20+ games.   After less than a year was swapped for Scott Leitch by Sandy Clark.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:57, Horatio Caine said:

Apparently Preston is going to the Arctic in January on some sponsored trek or other.  Sensible choice.

Couldn’t we sponsor him for the next moon rocket

31 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Above us in average league position maybe, but level on trophies. One league cup is a pretty meagre return for McInnes' reign.

I would take McInnes over anything we've had in the last 10 years - In that time we've been relegated once, they've reached several cup finals only to be halted by a strong Celtic side.  They've also prevented The Rangers (whilst in the SPL) finishing 2nd twice. Consistently been in Europe and had a few decent results along the way and built state of the Art training facilities and looking to build a new stadium. All while playing within their means. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

I would take McInnes over anything we've had in the last 10 years - In that time we've been relegated once, they've reached several cup finals only to be halted by a strong Celtic side.  They've also prevented The Rangers (whilst in the SPL) finishing 2nd twice. Consistently been in Europe and had a few decent results along the way and built state of the Art training facilities and looking to build a new stadium. All while playing within their means. 

Pretty much done when their main competition was in the league below. Wright and Hughes won a more prestigious trophy, with lesser teams and smaller budgets. St Johnstone even defeated the sheep in the final.

Mcinnes also had a blank cheque book at Bristol City and almost relegated them. Rookie manager, Lee Johnson, got them challenging for promotion.

Mcinnes is nothing special.

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I wouldn't have McInnes anywhere near Tynie. Constantly shites it in big games, and plays turgid, dreary football. 

3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Upstarts.

Have we built a new stand at the Roseburn end since Saturday ?  😉

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Have we built a new stand at the Roseburn end since Saturday ?  😉

The sheep just like playing sardines.

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The sheep just like playing sardines.

Aye a lot of them will have backgrounds in the fishing industry right enough.

BBC coverage is chronic and I don't listen anymore. Gordon, Miller and Preston spout rubbish every week and don't even get their facts correct half the time. The best pundit I heard on the radio doing a game was Gary Naysmith when he was commentating on the Hearts Aberdeen game on the opening day, balanced, articulate and not in any way biased. He gave in depth info on tactics etc that seem to escape all the others on the radio. And to be honest when your listening on the radio you want to hear what's going on and not some slavering away about absolutely irrelevant information that seems to be the way of Rob McLean. 

Edited by PapaShango
mistake

23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

BBC coverage is chronic and I don't listen anymore. Gordon, Miller and Preston spout rubbish every week and don't even get their facts correct half the time. The best pundit I heard on the radio doing a game was Gary Naysmith when he was commentating on the Hearts Aberdeen game on the opening day, balanced, articulate and not in any way biased. He gave in depth info on tactics etc that seem to escape all the others on the radio. And to be honest when your listening on the radio you want to hear what's going on and not some slavering away about absolutely irrelevant information that seems to be the way of Rob McLean. 

THIS! Might as well not have live radio coverage if you end up with Rob McLean and Willie Miller. **** all would be better.

Rob away on some totally irrelevant anecdote about nothing whilst you can clearly hear there is action going on on the pitch, interspersed with Miller:

“the Hearts boy missed the ball there... it was er... haud oan... what’s his name... he missed the ball... eh... OH ITS A GOAL!”

You can **** off annaw Miller. Useless prick.

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

THIS! Might as well not have live radio coverage if you end up with Rob McLean and Willie Miller. **** all would be better.

Rob away on some totally irrelevant anecdote about nothing whilst you can clearly hear there is action going on on the pitch, interspersed with Miller:

“the Hearts boy missed the ball there... it was er... haud oan... what’s his name... he missed the ball... eh... OH ITS A GOAL!”

You can **** off annaw Miller. Useless prick.

This does my head in. Listened to our game at Parkhead this season and they were waffling away then all of a sudden there's a goal! No warning or anything, so frustrating and is night and day compared to the coverage you get down south with Radio 5 and Talksport. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

This does my head in. Listened to our game at Parkhead this season and they were waffling away then all of a sudden there's a goal! No warning or anything, so frustrating and is night and day compared to the coverage you get down south with Radio 5 and Talksport. 

Be as well not bothering. When did we start paying people to do jobs they are completely unsuited to as a matter of course? It’s like Billy Dodds and Derek Ferguson... paid to talk... 😳

Ricardo Shillyshally

Michael Oneili was brilliant there with Willie Miller. Stayed calm, explained his points rationally and calmly and gave Miller the room to slaver more pish and make a fool of himself.

Ricardo Shillyshally

I'm beginning to understand why miller couldn't make a success of his chip shop. He came across there as a stuttering fool.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not one Aberdeen fan acknowledged our QF yet my desk and phone were inundated by the shit after the first League game. 

Truly small people 

6 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

No, they haven't been playing within their means. They have lived it up on the sponsorship money available during the oil and construction boom up there whilst simultaneously running their stadium into the ground whilst the rest of us have made hugely expensive investments in our infrastructure - training ground investments, stands, pitch etc. They didn't - so I hope their white elephant new developments costs them big-time.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Miller still thinks it's "outrageous" for Hearts to aim to be a Europa league club.

Let’s face facts, that clown is actually shitting himself. He knows that once our injury situation sorts it’s self out we’ll be motoring up that league. The  cod heads  on the other hand are actually in decline under their manager. This is why we get all the outraged stuff from him.  Shitting himself big style.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

No, they haven't been playing within their means. They have lived it up on the sponsorship money available during the oil and construction boom up there whilst simultaneously running their stadium into the ground whilst the rest of us have made hugely expensive investments in our infrastructure - training ground investments, stands, pitch etc. They didn't - so I hope their white elephant new developments costs them big-time.

The drop in the housing market has apparently set the date back to 2024.

Pittodrie won't raise enough money in the present climate 

...a bit disco
21 minutes ago, mre said:

Very interesting comments from Michael O'Neil on BBC website.

Good article.

But you've got to be 'Hibs' to reckon he's worth a position with Hearts apparently.

Edited by ...a bit disco

52 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The drop in the housing market has apparently set the date back to 2024.

I for one am SHOCKED! :rofl:

Looking forward to the new reduced cost plans... then the ones after that... and then the ones after that... until they build something for about £20m that sees them in debt up to their eyeballs and the whole thing not even being worth it. :lol:

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I'm beginning to understand why miller couldn't make a success of his chip shop. He came across there as a stuttering fool.  

He's old school Scottish Football. They want total control and no questions asked and when they don't get it they got bat#### crazy

His comment to MacPhee is hilarious though "get a life" :D

Just now, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Michael Oneili was brilliant there with Willie Miller. Stayed calm, explained his points rationally and calmly and gave Miller the room to slaver more pish and make a fool of himself.

He kept trying to tell Miller that Austin's comment had been taken out of context (Austin actually said that the infastructure of Hearts, ie. the fanbase, stadium, training facilities etc means that we should be aiming to consistently be a Europa league club). But that idiot Miller was trying to twist Austin's words and that he should 'Get a life'. Michael O'Neil didn't miss him and hit the wall! Miller was like a stuttering fool. I was in the gym on the crosstrainer listening to it, and was raging at the way the idiots were going on. Derek Ferguson made an arse of himself too. And O'Neil didn't miss Preston either! 

Edited by japanjambo

Nice seeing so many people coming forward and pointing out that Preston and Miller are a couple of slack-jawed simpletons. :)

Seems to have caused Mickey Stewart to slink away from the debate too. :) 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nice seeing so many people coming forward and pointing out that Preston and Miller are a couple of slack-jawed simpletons. :)

Seems to have caused Mickey Stewart to slink away from the debate too. :) 

This Mikey Stewart?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Cant get it to load. :(

I can.

It's your shitey phone.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Skims over the fact Austin started the semi final with Naismith, Walker and Uche on the bench. All of whom started and were amongst the goals the following game. 

Preston is a slaver with an agenda but that piece is hardly any better. 

Sergio started his semi final with Beattie on the bench. We should have been at least 2 down at half time.

Fine margins.