The BBC Sportsound pundits.

Whatever

3 minutes ago, lou said:

The get a life comments from Miller were cringe worthy,. playground stuffy, surely we have more articulate and intelligent ex pros out there who could be on every week

Yer man Miller was just sayin that so he was, wasn’t he. 

Hate the way he says “wasn’t he” or “isn’t he” after every sentence. Once you notice it, you can’t stop hearing it. Mind-numbing stuff.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Coburg Hearts

• Boab

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Exactly.  If it allows Naismith to play more direct and to his best then it works for me.

Most of Uche’s best work comes from out wide imo. 

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Boy behind me was whining about Uche being out wide and how he should be in the box... seconds before he popped a great ball in to the box. Comedic timing at its best. 

Uche was brilliant yesterday 

14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think criticism is a good thing when it is warranted and based on facts. I think there has been a lot of unfair criticism of our club in recent times though, too. There’s been a fair amount of criticism for the sake of criticism on occasion, and that can get in the way of dealing with the real issues that need addressing. 

Yeah I agree. Keep winning and the criticism disappears. 

Just now, Bighenry said:

Uche was brilliant yesterday 

Thought so too. Some people just have a real blind spot for him when it comes to praising him.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Thought so too. Some people just have a real blind spot for him when it comes to praising him.

Correct! Some don’t realise how hard a job it’s been up top on his own for hearts recently. He will flourish with some help.
Naismiths experience and movement will make a huge difference 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Yeah I agree. Keep winning and the criticism disappears. 

Pretty much, yeah. I’d caveat that with us all keeping a bit of perspective though too.

Felix Lighter

Said it before on here, when Hearts are the topic of conversation Miller tends to lose the plot big time, yesterdays slavering from him was quite sedate compared to his previous. 

Just now, Felix Lighter said:

Said it before on here, when Hearts are the topic of conversation Miller tends to lose the plot big time, yesterdays slavering from him was quite sedate compared to his previous. 

Was he not DoF or something during a period of so much maroon boaby-taking, they could have been rebranded Hearts’ Boaby-hungry Sluts FC?

Felix Lighter
28 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Most of Uche’s best work comes from out wide imo. 

Looking back to Uche signing on, that was the impression I got watching the obligatory YT footage, rather than the orthodox target man Levein utilised him as. It will be interesting to see how Uche goes from here.

2 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Looking back to Uche signing on, that was the impression I got watching the obligatory YT footage, rather than the orthodox target man Levein utilised him as. It will be interesting to see how Uche goes from here.

Levein played him in both roles tbf. He caused Celtic no end of problems from out wide in the Lafferty game too.

AlphonseCapone
20 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I do say that.

But I am not sure what qualifies someone being a fan of a team apart from someone saying "I am a fan of this team".

Is there a committee? Or perhaps do you have the say? Are you the 'One' that stamps approval?

Fan doesn't really mean anything, anyone can call themselves that really. Literally hundreds of thousands of folk do it with Celtic and Rangers in Scotland, and likewise with English Premier League sides further afield.

I do tend to pay more attention to folk that attend games though. Personal choice.

56 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Uche on the right was, for me, a great example of giving the opposition something to think about and have to react to rather than Hearts always seting up worrying about the opposition. It worked for me

The St Mirren wide players weren't physical. 

First game Uche has played where no fouls were committed or given either way. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Boy behind me was whining about Uche being out wide and how he should be in the box... seconds before he popped a great ball in to the box. Comedic timing at its best. 

I did the same thing re Bozanic just before he scored.

Got quite a bit of winding up from my mates next to me for that ! 😖

You can slate Uche starting out wide when we’re losing games and he’s completely ineffective, bringing nothing to the game. 

I didn’t catch the game yesterday but doesn’t sound like that’s the case.  Not sure why the team selection is being questioned when we skooshed it.  

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Have to confess to expressing similar sentiments, don't think I was whining though.

Hands up I got it wrong, thought it worked a treat. So much so that I almost felt sorry for their wee left back in the end

kingantti1874

Uche is better out side, he pulls in 2 sometimes 3 defenders and creates space for naisy and co.. 

quite a lot of our fans are beyond clueless 

Felix Lighter
9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Levein played him in both roles tbf. He caused Celtic no end of problems from out wide in the Lafferty game too.

Aye but sparingly playing the wider role.

Personally hope whoever gets the gig will allow him a free licence to roam, he puts in a great shift and I'd like to think with him dragging defenders around it allows him and a strike partner to give other teams the fear, like the Celtic game.

Mr Brightside

Uche was great yesterday, if we could work on his final ball he would be even better.

Alan Preston is possibly the worst pundit going, clueless, stuck in the past and generally factually incorrect.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Austin saying Hearts aspire to be in Europa League spot each year.

Holyrood_Hearts

The problem with Preston & Stewart is they have a platform to talk shite & people automatically assume what they say is correct. Majority of fans at the game yday would say Uche played well.

Imo it worked really well because his starting position was wide, he up against their LB instead of 2 CB’s so was more difficult to mark. Felt the passing into him was more suited to his game instead of aimless lumps up the park.

Anyone who listens to that slaver Preston needs to have a word with themselves. He clearly has an agenda against AM

SectionDJambo

I said before, I never listen to these people unless it’s within earshot and I can’t avoid them. But from what guys are saying on here, they’ve gone back to the mob rule behaviour of the Romanov/Miko years, when they thought that we were fair game for saying anything they liked to degrade our club. 
The Aberdeen Mafia on there are so unprofessional and thick that it’s a disgrace that a national broadcaster is content with their work.
Stewart and Preston would do well to remember that Hearts fans don’t exactly look back on their performances for our club with any fondness. We despaired that Scott Crabbe had been traded for Preston, and tired of the, windmill like, arm waving of Stewart as he sought to blame others for his dire play. A pair of more obvious under achievers for Hearts you would be struggling to think of.

If they think their constant criticism of Hearts is impressing all but a small number of us, they are as far of the pace as they were as professional footballers.

Ex member of the SaS

Can't understand the vitriol against M Stewart. YES he had an agenda against Levein but was proved right on many occasions. If you listen to what he says about other games he talks a lot of sense. Some people are too soft skinned and the least perceived slight against Hearts has their back up. Everybody hates us but we don't care. The more they rip into Hearts ( when we are winning ) the more I like it as it shows we are getting to them.

Remember the pundits are no different to other fans and have an opinion , that may well be totally different for most Hearts fans. Take what they say with a pinch of salt and revel in the glory when we stick it up them.

19 hours ago, Davie Deans said:

Make no mistake, this was due to Preston and Stewart referring to Austin Macphee as Austin ‘McFanny’

Hence the ‘in house hilarity after he said ‘Austin McFan....’

Take it back. Told today that Allan Preston, at a recent do was referring to Austin as ‘f@nny Macphee’. A ‘hilarious’ spin on the name Nanny Macphee. 

As well as gentleman’s toilets, he’s obviously repeating the same gag to his sportsound mates.

Gordon yesterday must have been a tad confused when he said ‘Austin MacFan..’

Hilarious stuff all round.

Allan Preston, dug shite during his time with us as a player, is no ally of the club

Edited by Davie Deans

4 hours ago, Bighenry said:

Correct! Some don’t realise how hard a job it’s been up top on his own for hearts recently. He will flourish with some help.
Naismiths experience and movement will make a huge difference 

Naisy makes every player on the team a better player.  Watch how he directs players to cover the options available to the opposition at throw ins etc.  Couple that with his desire to win and everyone around him will learn and improve.  Brilliant team player and his movement is exceptional

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I said before, I never listen to these people unless it’s within earshot and I can’t avoid them. But from what guys are saying on here, they’ve gone back to the mob rule behaviour of the Romanov/Miko years, when they thought that we were fair game for saying anything they liked to degrade our club. 
The Aberdeen Mafia on there are so unprofessional and thick that it’s a disgrace that a national broadcaster is content with their work.
Stewart and Preston would do well to remember that Hearts fans don’t exactly look back on their performances for our club with any fondness. We despaired that Scott Crabbe had been traded for Preston, and tired of the, windmill like, arm waving of Stewart as he sought to blame others for his dire play. A pair of more obvious under achievers for Hearts you would be struggling to think of.

If they think their constant criticism of Hearts is impressing all but a small number of us, they are as far of the pace as they were as professional footballers.

Missed the game yesterday as I was working and those tramps were on the radio. They were giving AM it tight, esp as Uche was out on the wing and they were scoffing at that and the manager’s decision to do so. 
Never listened too long but they obviously made a fool of themselves as things turned out.

Both Stewart and Preston were garbage at Hearts and would only have been remembered for that had they not went into punditry. Now they will be remembered for being shite and talking shite !

52 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Take it back. Told today that Allan Preston, at a recent do was referring to Austin as ‘f@nny Macphee’. A ‘hilarious’ spin on the name Nanny Macphee. 

As well as gentleman’s toilets, he’s obviously repeating the same gag to his sportsound mates.

Gordon yesterday must have been a tad confused when he said ‘Austin MacFan..’

Hilarious stuff all round.

Allan Preston, dug shite during his time with us as a player, is no ally of the club

He needs to be made persona non grata at Tynecastle with immediate effect. Absolute ****ing welt of a man.  

I don’t mind Stewart and Preston too much. They were pretty much bang on about Levein to be fair.

Gordon, Miller and Bonnar on the other hand are embarrassing slavouring erses that need to be having a word. The Sheep duo in particular are pathetic. I can’t wait until we get it together and overtake them. 

7 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

May was saying how Hibs are the 3rd best team in Scotland, and they laughed at MacPhee for saying we should be targeting Europenevery season?! Morons!

May actually said Hibs are the 3rd biggest team in Scotland (factually incorrect), then said they are the 3rd best team in Scotland (factually incorrect), and finished off with Hibs should be competing for Europe (debatable but fair enough).

Did Willie (big physical Hearts) say a word...No. Did his one man fan club Dick Gordon?...No.

Joke of a programme. 

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I don’t mind Stewart and Preston too much. They were pretty much bang on about Levein to be fair.

Gordon, Miller and Bonnar on the other hand are embarrassing slavouring erses that need to be having a word. The Sheep duo in particular are pathetic. I can’t wait until we get it together and overtake them. 

I quite like Pat Bonner and Derek Ferguson (obviously biased to Celtic and Rangers but they come across well enough) I like Tom English a lot and Neil McCann is fine too. As for the rest.....Dodds is poor, Miller just complains the whole time, Stewart is a mixed bag (I heard the poor dig about Hearts defending a lead under Levein), Preston is awful. Jonathan Sutherland is a far better presenter of the programme than Gordon too. He’s gotten way too smug.

17 hours ago, RobboM said:

Uche on the right was, for me, a great example of giving the opposition something to think about and have to react to rather than Hearts always seting up worrying about the opposition. It worked for me

Couldn't understand any criticism of Uche being on the right.

It's almost like certain journalists prefer to see him as a pro wrestler and are too dim to realise he has more to offer. 

17 hours ago, Felix Lighter said:

He’s got a vendetta, that’s for sure.  He got a fair whack of abuse as a player and manager when he came to Tynie.  It’s probably carried over into his punditry.

8 hours ago, Dusty said:

I quite like Pat Bonner and Derek Ferguson (obviously biased to Celtic and Rangers but they come across well enough) I like Tom English a lot and Neil McCann is fine too. As for the rest.....Dodds is poor, Miller just complains the whole time, Stewart is a mixed bag (I heard the poor dig about Hearts defending a lead under Levein), Preston is awful. Jonathan Sutherland is a far better presenter of the programme than Gordon too. He’s gotten way too smug.

Pat Bonner is so biased to Celtic he either sees things that aren't actually there or tells downright lies. He doesn't seem remotely interested in anything other than Celtic. All fair enough, as he is a one club kinda guy, but he has nothing to offer other than commenting on Celtic and should stick to Celtic TV.

jack D and coke
22 hours ago, Bozi said:

Passionately and honestly? Great to hear?

Calling him Austin McFanny, slagging Hearts for having the ambition to be a Europa league club every year, slagging ms Budge.... yesterday was a shitshow, unprofessional, and a free for all on the club,as a man who loves this club I was appalled, as it appears, were many others. 

When you read TH you realise it’s every bit as much of an echo chamber as this place can be sometimes but the opposite way.
That is the view of that place. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It's almost like certain journalists prefer to see him as a pro wrestler and are too dim to realise he has more to offer. 

Poor lazy punditry really. He’s a big forward, must be a target man and good with his head. All his best work comes from cutting in from out wide. 

19 hours ago, true-jambo said:

Have to confess to expressing similar sentiments, don't think I was whining though.

Hands up I got it wrong, thought it worked a treat. So much so that I almost felt sorry for their wee left back in the end

I'm the same, moaned about him being out wide but it really worked

11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I'm the same, moaned about him being out wide but it really worked

It's quite logical really.

Play Uche in the middle and three defenders stifle him and usually end up getting fouls because the referee always sees the big man as the aggressor. 

Play him out wide and they can't gang up on him for fear of leaving the centre of the defence exposed.

Uche is a very good footballer for a man of his size imo.

Just now, luckydug said:

Play Uche in the middle and three defenders stifle him and usually end up getting fouls because the referee always sees the big man as the aggressor. 

Play him out wide and they can't gang up on him for fear of leaving the centre of the defence exposed.

You would think people who have played the game would see this pretty simple, but effective, tactic.

What does it say about alleged ex-players when they can’t ?

17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

And crucially, finally playing Naismith up front with support from Walker allows for that. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

And crucially, finally playing Naismith up front with support from Walker allows for that. 

If we can keep these guys fit then we will start to climb the table quickly.

We should be in a great position after the break when hopefully Souttar, Halkett and Haring are all back.

Just in time for the Scottish Cup👍

11 hours ago, Dusty said:

Are you seriously disputing this?

21 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

May was saying how Hibs are the 3rd best team in Scotland, and they laughed at MacPhee for saying we should be targeting Europenevery season?! Morons!

Jealous ex players seldom make decent pundits ?

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Playing Uche out wide was a masterstroke whether by accident or design.

Although I  admit I'm guessing, I'd imagine Jim Goodwin's planning would be to cope with the big man playing through the middle and of course that was not the case.  Their LB had a torrid time and they did not have the flexibility to cope.  If UI's final ball ability was much better we could have had 5 before HT.

Edited by JamboAl

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Playing Uche was a masterstroke whether by accident or design.

Although I  admit I'm guessing, I'd imagine Jim Goodwin's planning would be to cope with the big man playing through the middle and of course that was not the case.  Their LB had a torrid time and they did not have the flexibility to cope.  If UI's final ball ability was much better we could have had 5 before HT.

I agree. Have to say I'd reckon it was by design as well. A big part of Austin's skills seems to be analysis so all credit to him  Smart move.

12 hours ago, Dusty said:

:cornette:

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Boab said:

You would think people who have played the game would see this pretty simple, but effective, tactic.

What does it say about alleged ex-players when they can’t ?

Stewart reiterated again last night that he didn't think it worked. (Uche being out wide) 

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Stewart reiterated again last night that he didn't think it worked. (Uche being out wide) 

:what:

Naismith goal - came from the right (the corner that Uche won, I mean)

Ikpeazu goal - he came shortish left and scored

Bozanic goal - Smith cross from the right after receiving the short pass from a wide-ish Uche

If it continues to work as poorly as that i'll not be unhappy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Uche wide. Corner for the first goal,  created second, recycled ball for the third. 

Created more cutbacks in the second half,  team scores 5, but it wasn't a success. 

Can't wait for the day it is