The BBC Sportsound pundits.

Whatever

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

How was he wrong? He is a Hearts fan, like the rest of us, he is probably more aware infact he is more aware of what goes on behind the scenes than most of us are. He will know Levein is still floating around the first team etc 

the football dept. needs cleared out, you`re crazy if you think otherwise. 

Ok so firstly his comment about our “failing academy” and that Hickey was in fact produced by Celtic. Do I really need to correct you on what is wrong with that?? 

apart from the fact that Hickey was in fact at hearts before a very short spell with Celtic. Hearts had to completely rebuild its academy after administration and we have some cracking prospects and our youth players are all developed to be comfortable on the ball

another comment made “Anne budge confirmed during the week that Levein would be involved in the recruitment of the new manager”,  she in fact said the opposite of this. 

How about his statement that “everything is wrong with the club” ?? Brand new stand with excellent new hospitality, club making profit, on course to be fan owned next year,  lots of great things going on at the club. 

yes we need a clearance on the coaching side, that was the only thing he got right

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Coburg Hearts

• Boab

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Had the misfortune to hear this shite today.

From Allan Preston stating there ‘is nothing good at the club right now’....

...to Willie Miller suggesting it’s ‘laughable’ and we should ‘get real’. All because Austin Macphee dared to suggest the infrastructure now in place at the club should mean we want to be regularly competing for a place in the Europa league...

...to Michael Stewart being, well, Michael ****in Stewart...

...to that smug wankpiece Richard Gordon doing his usual scoffing and sneering throughout. Of course he was in full agreement whenever any of the above said anything negative about AM or Hearts (which was plentiful).

Could barely bring themselves to say anything positive about AM or Hearts. Even after the post match interview it was all about how AM was apparently saying what ‘the fans wanted to hear’ and how he ‘made sure to talk up his record’ (So would I if my record was 4 wins from 5!!)

This after Brian McLaughlin’s pathetic and ill informed slaverings the night Levein was sacked.

It’s very apparent there’s an agenda at play here. For whatever reason they clearly don’t like AM. Do I think AM should get the job? Probably not. That won’t stop me from giving credit where it’s due for today.

Austin Macphee has already given more to this club than Allan Preston or Michael Stewart has.

Hearts men my ****in arse.

As an aside, Hibs were ‘Sensational’ and ‘Wonderful’ today.

**** the BBC.

Allan Preston has always annoyed me more than Stewart. Absolutely forever putting the boot into “his team”

Ive often wondered just what it is that Hearts do to people to bring out the seethe in them. It’s very weird. 
Just for clarification though **** that organisation from top to bottom. 
**** the bbc. 

Byyy The Light

Listening to Willie Miller babble his way through a response to Mikey stewart asking how Hibs set up in midfield was a thing of beauty.

He’s an absolute buffoon. Terrible terrible programme.

It is a shame really as a lot of us want to turn the radio on in the car on the way from the match and hear some insightful chat and discussion but it’s not great listening. Off the ball is still decent thankfully, enjoy Tam Cowan.

Byyy The Light
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Allan Preston has always annoyed me more than Stewart. Absolutely forever putting the boot into “his team”

Ive often wondered just what it is that Hearts do to people to bring out the seethe in them. It’s very weird. 
Just for clarification though **** that organisation from top to bottom. 
**** the bbc. 

He’s surrounded by his Hibs mates constantly so panders to them. Noticed that with a lot of Hearts fans recently.

fabienleclerq

I was going to start a similar thread, was listed on route to work and even AM wearing a suit was getting mocked. Its alright saying there is no bias against Hearts but they were enjoying putting the boot in,In a way they wouldn't do the Celtic or rangers for example. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

He’s surrounded by his Hibs mates constantly so panders to them. Noticed that with a lot of Hearts fans recently.

Yeah it’s like Scots when they live in England. They get all cringey about their own and stick the boot in regular. 

SpruceBringsteen

Infrequent reminder that Willie Miller couldn't figure out how to sell a bag of chips *in Scotland*

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, scotty2442 said:

I didn’t think Stewart was too bad today, thought he was the voice of reason actually after listening to both Preston and Miller slavour a load of nonsense 

His point about Uche wasn’t that ridiculous, I don’t think you get the best of him playing on the wing, his final ball isn’t good enough. 

Prestons comment about our Academy not working and producing talent was the one that angered me, I think it was along the lines of “they haven’t produced anyone decent since Paterson, and Hickey was from Celtic not hearts academy” he also said we were using the Man City Academy with getting Meshino......the guy is so factually wrong on so many levels with everything he said today, yet he is one of BBCs go to people when they want to talk about Hearts. 

There was a stat backed report after Uche’s first season that even with his injury he was one of the top 5 “dribblers” in the SPL.

Uche does NOT need to play in the classic 9 position to be effective. Note for example Lafferty’s winning goal against Celtic.

1 hour ago, scotty2442 said:

I didn’t think Stewart was too bad today, thought he was the voice of reason actually after listening to both Preston and Miller slavour a load of nonsense 

His point about Uche wasn’t that ridiculous, I don’t think you get the best of him playing on the wing, his final ball isn’t good enough. 

Prestons comment about our Academy not working and producing talent was the one that angered me, I think it was along the lines of “they haven’t produced anyone decent since Paterson, and Hickey was from Celtic not hearts academy” he also said we were using the Man City Academy with getting Meshino......the guy is so factually wrong on so many levels with everything he said today, yet he is one of BBCs go to people when they want to talk about Hearts. 

Preston is utterly Ill-informed and so anti-Hearts. Not to be trusted - not since he slaughtered us in one match for a "dive" and then suggested the opposition player's dive was just "clever". One was Scottish, the other a "typical foreigner". Won't surprise you which was whcih. 

He got so much flak for his hypocriscy that day that he tried to bluff his way out of it at half-time. 

As for Dick Gordon, his card was marked when his seething xenophobia over Miko saw him back-peddling and trying to downplay his unsavoury opinions on this very forum. Him and Willie Miller can sit and reminisce soon about how Aberdeen got a few third places whilst 3 of the big clubs were in the championship and they had spent bugger all on infrastructure unlike the rest of us, once the cost of their academy and white elephant of a stadium impacts their fortunes. 

**** em all.  

manaliveits105

The difference in professionalism between BBC in England and the shit served us to us inScotland both in tv and radio is staggering

We should stop paying our licence fees and tell them why

Roasters to a man and bird 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Disagree the bbc pundits seem to have an agenda , at no point have they tore into hibs the same way they have to us 

Probably because they have higher expectations for us. 

Preston and Miller were an absolute embarrassment before the game, Preston with his nonsense about MacPhee, suggesting that Levein will be involved in picking his successor etc and his general negativity. Seems to think that MacPhee should become manager or sporting  director because "Levein was his boss  that would make him leveins boss" utter slavers. 

It has been firmly established that Levein is not involved in any footballing matters, he is there (rightly or wrongly) to help with club structure and will not be involved in choosing the new manager or sporting director.

Then MacPhees interview got them all riled up because he had the temerity to suggest that Hearts should be competing for the Europa league each year that really started that utter welt Miller. Sounded like he was going to have a stroke and how dare MacPhee suggest that is where Hearts should be.

Then once again, they ripped Hearts for wanting to have a sporting director, despite stating that Hibs did it the right way in getting in a sporting director in. 

I  fairness to Mikey Stewart he was the voice of reason in all of this today and seen nothing wrong on MacPhees interview but was dead wrong about Uche today who gave their left back all sorts of trouble 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Agree with you. I stopped listening just after Walker scored the fourth. McCann was okay, the rest oh dear. How biscuits Preston gets a regular slot I'll never know. No insight, no analysis and no brain. 

Preston is a gossiping parasite. An absolute tit of a man. 

27 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There was a stat backed report after Uche’s first season that even with his injury he was one of the top 5 “dribblers” in the SPL.

Uche does NOT need to play in the classic 9 position to be effective. Note for example Lafferty’s winning goal against Celtic.

And he is a good dribbler but his final ball makes him less effective out wide 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Have to say i listened to all of Sportsound today and couldnt disagree more. I certainly dont recall Preston or Willie Miller making the comments you claim. Stewart and Preston were both praising MacPhee but agreed he isnt the man for the job, they criticised the defending and his team selection/tactics last week, also mention Uche playing on the right didnt work. Yeah Stewart has issues with Levein and did say we wouldnt have scored 5 under Levein, i tend to agree. And yeah they had a laugh at MacPhee`s interview, only because he mentioned winning 4 out of 5 games at least 3 times! 

You obviously did not listen to pre match comments. Both were talking absolute tosh & it took MS to bring a bit of reality to the debate.

Willie Miller should go back to selling fish & chips to earn a living.......oh wait that was a real success:whistling:

As for Preston, the guy is a fool considering his initial contribution.

I did not hear their post game comments.....fortunately!! 

Edited by 2205ian

Another thing was Preston slating MacPhee for sporting director because he brought in Malaury Martin, conveniently ignoring how important he was in bringing in Smith,Lafferty and Meshino 

40 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Listening to Willie Miller babble his way through a response to Mikey stewart asking how Hibs set up in midfield was a thing of beauty.

He’s an absolute buffoon. Terrible terrible programme.

That was hilarious. Stewart asking if Hibs played a diamond and he hadn't a bloody clue 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Budge is pretty opaque so it’s not a surprise people are speculating. If you want Levein out the picture in the eyes of everyone, ****ing sack him like any sane owner would. If you want to answer questions about recruitment, show that you accept there’s a problem.

The club has done itself no favours by trying to pretend that our slide to second bottom was part of a bigger plan. It’s been pure propaganda for too long now - but hopefully that’s about to end.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Hibs will never be a threat to the status quo.

Hearts can and the minute we look like getting our shit together the knives come out.

Hearts haven't properly threatened to win a top flight title for 33 years.

Walter Bishop
50 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Ok so firstly his comment about our “failing academy” and that Hickey was in fact produced by Celtic. Do I really need to correct you on what is wrong with that?? 

apart from the fact that Hickey was in fact at hearts before a very short spell with Celtic. Hearts had to completely rebuild its academy after administration and we have some cracking prospects and our youth players are all developed to be comfortable on the ball

another comment made “Anne budge confirmed during the week that Levein would be involved in the recruitment of the new manager”,  she in fact said the opposite of this. 

How about his statement that “everything is wrong with the club” ?? Brand new stand with excellent new hospitality, club making profit, on course to be fan owned next year,  lots of great things going on at the club. 

yes we need a clearance on the coaching side, that was the only thing he got right

Budge said "I'm not going to stop talking to Craig. If I get to a point where I've two or three candidates will I ask his opinion? Yes, I probably will" 

Konrad von Carstein
19 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Preston is a gossiping parasite. An absolute tit of a man. 

Indeed... Well said!

27 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

A programme full of social inadequacy Chick Young is still my (least) favourite.

Aye he does manage to grind your gears when he starts wittering! Perhaps Rangers are no all wrong when they banned the feckers.

I wouldn't want pundits to be cheerleaders for us, but do they ever offer the same degree of analysis and criticism regarding the OF?

Do they see fit to mention Celtics 17 EUFA sanctions with another on the way?  Do they comment on the sectarianism which defines their support?

Very much doubt it.

Clark Griswold
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Hearts can and the minute we look like getting our shit together the knives come out.

Nail. On. Head.

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

I share his political views.

When it comes to Hearts he’s an arsehole.!

This ! 

Tynecastlesmychurch
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Truer words were never spoken!

The caretaker role is a massive opportunity for someone who wants the job. Unfortunately last week was a mess at Hampden, with a gameplan limited by injuries and then ruined by even more. However, today showed signs of improvement. 5 goals in any game is nothing to be sniffed at. I will always take a 7 goal match, win or lose, over a 0-0...There are signs that Macphee wants to play players in their correct positions and that he wants to be more attacking. We have to be realistic, we are not Real Madrid, and never will be...whoever gets the gig will please some and disappoint others. The last time we were all happy was Ian Cathro and that lasted about 5 mins...If we score 5 in our next two matches and get a roll going then let's see how it goes...The other good thing about having a caretaker is that there is no real pressure to confirm the role - unless you are Ed Woodward!

GorgieFifeLife
25 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Another thing was Preston slating MacPhee for sporting director because he brought in Malaury Martin, conveniently ignoring how important he was in bringing in Smith,Lafferty and Meshino 

File Preston alongside Mackay

Both thick as mince.

Byyy The Light
34 minutes ago, Costanza said:

That was hilarious. Stewart asking if Hibs played a diamond and he hadn't a bloody clue 

That’s the one. Was driving home having a good chuckle to myself. He didn’t have a scooby.

Glamorgan Jambo

There's definitely a closed shop when it comes to thinking by traditional Scottish football dinosaurs like Preston and Chick Young. Unless you've come through the 'traditional way' you're derided. We saw it before with Cathro and now seeing it with McPhee. The other person who got it in the the neck recently from our stone age pundits was the new Killie manager who still got a few pelters from Young when his side conceded early today despite him having just won manager of the month. 

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

File Preston alongside Mackay

Both thick as mince.

Yip totally agree, a good win for us today though but still believe McPhee is not the way forward, these so called Hearts men should keep their opinions to themselves, Instead of being agents for players why not try management and see the other side for themselves which I imagine could be a whole lot more different and difficult!! Easy to criticise in a different profession 

Worthing Jambo

I think a lot of it is just egos.

Preston doesn’t come across as the sharpest tool in the box, just like Millar.

Does he let his other work cloud his judgement?

Ex-players certainly don’t like “outsiders” getting jobs in Scottish football.

Should be guid scouttish former players who are students o the game, who have read all the manuals.

Uche played well today and was a great target for cross field balls.

It also gave the central defenders a headache as they didn’t know who to follow.

That opened up the middle to be exploited.

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

I've been around him in a hibs situation. A gathering, but a very hibs one. He's an Uncle Tom in that regards. Never a Hearts man in a million years. 

Edited by pablo

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I do say that.

But I am not sure what qualifies someone being a fan of a team apart from someone saying "I am a fan of this team".

Is there a committee? Or perhaps do you have the say? Are you the 'One' that stamps approval?

Nail on head... fan vs supporter and you are definitely not the latter

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, pablo said:

I've been around him in a hibs situation. A gathering, but a very hibs one. He's an Uncle Tom in that regards. Never a Hearts man in a million years. 

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest 

Worthing Jambo

Can anyone who has recent experience of the academy give their opinion?

From what I’ve read on here, it seems to be very positive and the fruits of it will  come through in a couple of years.

Dougie Arnott has been claimed to be doing a great job.

Why are the likes of Preston continually saying it is crap?

Is it, or is it a case that some people don’t want it to be a success?

Football opinion is worse than politics at times!
oops😁

Edited by Worthing Jambo

Konrad von Carstein
23 minutes ago, pablo said:

Shocked, utterly shocked at this revelation.....not.

14 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Can anyone who has recent experience of the academy give their opinion?

From what I’ve read on here, it seems to be very positive and the fruits of it will  come through in a couple of years.

Dougie Arnott has been claimed to be doing a great job.

Why are the likes of Preston continually saying it is crap?

Is it, or is it a case that some people don’t want it to be a success?

Football opinion is worse than politics at times!
oops😁

Roger arnott, nice guy I worked with him in Next years ago 

It shows how much effort the BBC are puting it to it when they're employing people like Derek Ferguson and Chick Young. They're taking the piss. 

2 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Been saying the same, absolute bawbags. Preston has zero enthusiasm or anything good to say and Willie Millers pre game rant was ludicrous, I actually though Michael Stewart did put down WM's pointless comments. 

The post game fawning over Hibs compared to the Hearts post game comments were chalk and cheese. I usually listen to the Sportsound podcast but I'm thinking of binning it. 

Do you not go to the games anymore, D?

Fly the Saltire

Michael Stewart is a good analyst but his long standing issue with Levein sometimes coloured his judgement but in hindsight perhaps he was right and he does care about Hearts.

4 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

Do you not go to the games anymore, D?

I sure do, still have my season ticket! Listened to Sportsound on my way in and was in the car at 5 on my way home!!