The BBC Sportsound pundits.

Whatever

Ricardo Shillyshally

The thing is - as O'Neil pointed out - none of these so called pundits really know what they are talking about when it comes to HMFC. They are just guessing and Austin is an easy target as he's not "one of the boys".

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Coburg Hearts

• Boab

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

The thing is - as O'Neil pointed out - none of these so called pundits really know what they are talking about when it comes to HMFC. They are just guessing and Austin is an easy target as he's not "one of the boys".

He also made a good point about the players Austin has coached with N Ireland and the respect he has from them.

And a key point - being able to get a message across quickly due to the different way the international football works - something we potentially saw at the weekend.

Something that Stoke also potentially saw....:

Most of us respect O’Neill as a top manager. So do we not respect his opinion of his right hand man?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sergio started his semi final with Beattie on the bench. We should have been at least 2 down at half time.

Fine margins.

You'd have a point had Skacel and Driver started on the bench too. 

10 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

This Mikey Stewart?

Context is king. 
This was a shoddy effort by a Rangers Supporters Club Twitter to ignore that Stewart called out the negative aspects of them.

10 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

This Mikey Stewart?

Absolutely irrelevant to Hearts. It might matter to the slavering bigots amongst the Rangers Support and the Ludge but who cares what these scumbags think. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on nationalism Here and in other countries.

10 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Context is king. 
This was a shoddy effort by a Rangers Supporters Club Twitter to ignore that Stewart called out the negative aspects of them.

Exactly, him and Tom English tore right into the Green Brigades behaviour 

The Apprentice

Did anyone hear Miller trying to answer Michael Stewart on Saturday when he was asked how the Hibs midfield was set up?  An incoherent rambling of words that didn't make any sense.  That piece summed up his ability as a pundit and his knowledge of the modern game.  He sounded like Pat Bonner trying to make his way through an opposition starting X1 playing Celtic.

Just now, The Apprentice said:

Did anyone hear Miller trying to answer Michael Stewart on Saturday when he was asked how the Hibs midfield was set up?  An incoherent rambling of words that didn't make any sense.  That piece summed up his ability as a pundit and his knowledge of the modern game.  He sounded like Pat Bonner trying to make his way through an opposition starting X1 playing Celtic.

I have no idea what these guys are on at the Beeb but it’s too much regardless.

Inane nonsense.

I don't go to many away games these days so suffer sportsound occasionally,  thet know very little about Hearts ,in particular , and most clubs out with Glasgow and Aberdeen. Open all mikes is like a bunch of OAPs slavering over a few pints in the bowling club

Rarely listen to Sportsound when Hearts are playing. I'm either at Tynecastle or, if we're away, keep up on our own match day thread. "YASSSS" is how I like rare away Hearts goals flagged up. 

Listen a fair bit otherwise but mostly so I can have a good fume. I find listening to Willie Miller, Richard (always Hibernian, never Hibs) Gordon, Pat Bonnar, Allan Preston, sideways Fergie, Liam McLeod, Rob McLean and, the biggest pwick of them all, Chick Young as a kind of safety valve. Let's me rid myself of life's anger and frustrations by shouting at the radio as they spout their pish. Always feel better for it afterwards. 

The only likeable blokes on it, Paul Mitchell and Jim Spence, don't seem to appear very much these days.

Nor does Craig Paterson. His "Hibs are a club who like to get the ball down and play" assertion always added a bit of comedy to the mix.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sportscene, not Sound, but Steven Thompson eh, what a waste of a wage. Has he ever said anything either cutting, or relevant beyond the obvious

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sportscene, not Sound, but Steven Thompson eh, what a waste of a wage. Has he ever said anything either cutting, or relevant beyond the obvious

No he hasn't but , he'd be a star on Sportsound or Open All Mikes such is the level of punditry on the radio.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

He's hopeless! It was great to see him so gutted after us ripping St Liedown a new one! 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Amazing the way he says one thing, Michael Stewart says another and "Thommo" ends up saying 'I agree with Mikey'.

It was the only funny moment when they were parodied on Only An Excuse as it was true. 

6 hours ago, martoon said:

Rarely listen to Sportsound when Hearts are playing. I'm either at Tynecastle or, if we're away, keep up on our own match day thread. "YASSSS" is how I like rare away Hearts goals flagged up. 

Listen a fair bit otherwise but mostly so I can have a good fume. I find listening to Willie Miller, Richard (always Hibernian, never Hibs) Gordon, Pat Bonnar, Allan Preston, sideways Fergie, Liam McLeod, Rob McLean and, the biggest pwick of them all, Chick Young as a kind of safety valve. Let's me rid myself of life's anger and frustrations by shouting at the radio as they spout their pish. Always feel better for it afterwards. 

The only likeable blokes on it, Paul Mitchell and Jim Spence, don't seem to appear very much these days.

Nor does Craig Paterson. His "Hibs are a club who like to get the ball down and play" assertion always added a bit of comedy to the mix.  

Aye.Whatever has happened to Craig Paterson? Forgot about him.

13 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Miller certainly is an ar****le but he was right when he said MacPhee was blethering when he started on about the Europa League. Prioritising getting off the foot of the table would have been more appropriate.

Absolute nonsense,if macphee had talked of consolidating our position,climbing the table or any of the usual cliches he would have been absolutely savaged by these very pundits and every single one of us.

We Hearts fans are a demanding bunch,we are all so fed up with underperforming teams and I believe he simply echoed the sentiments of us all when he said that we should be a Europa league club every year.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Four faces said:

I think he was unwell for a while but not certain 

I’ve just listened to the BBC Sportsound podcast. Michael O’Neill was the only one who was remotely professional. He was the only one whose opinion actually matters. The rest of them sound like jakies in a pub talking about football. Given Willie Miller couldn’t even run a chippy I’d ignore anything he says. Total embarrassment.

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Miller certainly is an ar****le but he was right when he said MacPhee was blethering when he started on about the Europa League. Prioritising getting off the foot of the table would have been more appropriate.

I’d be annoyed if a Hearts coach didn’t think we should be aiming for a crack at the EL each season.

If your challenging for Europa League spots you aren’t in relegation trouble, hence he said we should be focusing on that, ergo our league position takes care of itself.

It’s not rocket science. For some of us anyway.

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I’d be annoyed if a Hearts coach didn’t think we should be aiming for a crack at the EL each season.

It's amazing that anyone, fan or pundit, should think otherwise.

MarkDevriesScores4

I’ve never heard Willie Miller say anything coherent when it comes to hearts. He’s clueless as a pundit and I have no idea why people keep hiring him.

20 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sergio started his semi final with Beattie on the bench. We should have been at least 2 down at half time.

Fine margins.

Exactly. Wonder how things might have panned out if Whelan had not pulled up. 

I disagree. Part of Millers problem is that he is actually frightened of Hearts. That’s why he takes every opportunity to talk us down.  Third at least should be our aim. That unsettles Miller. Basically even thinking about us aiming for third makes him shit himself.

6 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It's amazing that anyone, fan or pundit, should think otherwise.

Indeed. Short memories these twats.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Sheriffs said:

How does Michael Stewart even deserve a career as a pundit ?

Genuine question.

Then Allan Preston. Stewart had a modicum of talent,  Preston has been shit at everything he has ever done. 

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Then Allan Preston. Stewart had a modicum of talent,  Preston has been shit at everything he has ever done. 

Spot on, useless 

9 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done michael o'Neill, it's very true what he said about the likes of Alan Preston being a failed manager who was sacked 

I get annoyed at Stewart but frankly I'd ban Preston from Tynecastle. An absolute arsehole of a man.

30 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I disagree. Part of Millers problem is that he is actually frightened of Hearts. That’s why he takes every opportunity to talk us down.  Third at least should be our aim. That unsettles Miller. Basically even thinking about us aiming for third makes him shit himself.

The amount of verbal diarrarhea he spouts, I think we just speed up the process!

10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well done michael o'Neill, it's very true what he said about the likes of Alan Preston being a failed manager who was sacked 

Completely agree. I thought O’Neill spoke very well. If he rates Austin, I’d take his recommendation ahead of Preston’s inane ramblings or Miller.

4 hours ago, weehammy said:

Well we're not going to qualify for the Europa League by piss-farting around at the foot of the table.

Surely it's not beyond you to make the inference...?

I remember seeing a game at Ibrox where a rangers player committed a foul on a Hearts player right in front of the dugouts.  It wasn't a foul though, it was a full blooded, two footed assault, right in front of the referee who immediately brandished the red card.

The comments man, think his name was Gordon Smith, immediately responded by saying that's a terrible decision, it wisnae even a foul.

Even the commentator was astounded.

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Cack!

You don't think we should be viewing ourselves as a Europa league club? You don't think any prospective manager should be talking about us in that regard

Or do you think that had MacPhee went on the radio and stated that our ambition was solely to avoid relegation  that this place and Preston and the other slavers would not have absolutely destroyed him for a lack of ambition?

gorgie rd eh11
5 hours ago, weehammy said:

:teehee:

5 hours ago, weehammy said:

Miller completely took it out of context. MacPhee was referring to the infrastructure of the club being good enough to regularly get in the Europa League group stages. Quite refreshing to hear tbh and he knows himself the severity of the current situation, as he took the team away to St Andrews to prepare for the St Mirren game. Not sure how anyone can defend Miller in this situation. 

15 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Well ok then. MacPhee is the man so let’s just give him the job he is so obviously touting himself for. I guess he was only holding the coats during the catastrophic Cathro and Levein regimes. He would be so refreshing.

Stop being a petty dick just because you’ve had your post smacked down by someone using facts

7 hours ago, Four faces said:

He did have health issues. Last I heard he'd recovered, thankfully.

Also recall someone on Sportsound said that he refused to take part in 'open all mics'. Not for him, apparently.

Holyrood_Hearts
6 hours ago, weehammy said:

Well ok then. MacPhee is the man so let’s just give him the job he is so obviously touting himself for. I guess he was only holding the coats during the catastrophic Cathro and Levein regimes. He would be so refreshing.

Stop being so bloody daft. Anyone with half a brain who’s listened to AM knows what he was referring too.

The Apprentice
7 hours ago, weehammy said:

I think he should have been concentrating on the game in hand rather than touting himself for the job. Just my opinion of course but I thought it was a poor interview.

AM stated what he did using solid knowledge he has picked up in his role with FIFA. Named clubs in the group stages by name who do not have the same infrastructure as we do, and funnily enough, Aberdeen as well. What he said was informed and way beyond anything our media pundits could figure out themselves. Miller made an absolute arse of himself on Saturday and even more so trying to justify it the other night.

12 hours ago, weehammy said:

When he phoned in to Sportsound to clarify he argued that we should indeed expect to be third. Didn’t sound like he was shitting himself. 

So McPhee says we should be a Europa League club. Miller says he should get real and get a life. Miller appears a few days later saying we should be finishing third or fourth which would put us in the Europa League spots. 

So, when you say you are agreeing with Willie Miller which Willie Miller are you agreeing with? The Willie Miller who comes out with complete shite which is agreed with by his half wit pals on Sportsound, or the Willie Miller who backtracked when faced with Michael O’Neill who is intelligent, articulate and more knowledgeable?

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

So McPhee says we should be a Europa League club. Miller says he should get real and get a life. Miller appears a few days later saying we should be finishing third or fourth which would put us in the Europa League spots. 

So, when you say you are agreeing with Willie Miller which Willie Miller are you agreeing with? The Willie Miller who comes out with complete shite which is agreed with by his half wit pals on Sportsound, or the Willie Miller who backtracked when faced with Michael O’Neill who is intelligent, articulate and more knowledgeable?

One Willie Miller is enough !

No one should be agreeing with anything he says.

A prize trumpet !

6 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

AM stated what he did using solid knowledge he has picked up in his role with FIFA. Named clubs in the group stages by name who do not have the same infrastructure as we do, and funnily enough, Aberdeen as well. What he said was informed and way beyond anything our media pundits could figure out themselves. Miller made an absolute arse of himself on Saturday and even more so trying to justify it the other night.

I thought Michael O'Neil made him sound like the idiot he is. He back tracked and tried to suck up to O'Neil at the end of the interview, even the studio team laughed at O,'Neil response to "Good luck in the new job!" He's a twat and knows once we get back to where we really should be, his beloved Aberdeen will tumble down the leagues like they were for the 20 odd years before ourselves and Rangers were in trouble, crowds will fall and they will be mid table again