The BBC Sportsound pundits.

Whatever

29 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Sorry mate. Others seem to have enjoyed the joke but I haven’t a clue what it’s about. Must be a generation thing.

Sure it’s hilarious mind.

If it is a generational thing, then unless you grew up with a pet dinosaur, then he’s probably your elder. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Coburg Hearts

• Boab

39 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Thanks for the advice.

To be fair Holyrood Hearts is spot on, it was clear what AM meant and you would worry about anyone who though otherwise

Holyrood_Hearts
53 minutes ago, lou said:

To be fair Holyrood Hearts is spot on, it was clear what AM meant and you would worry about anyone who though otherwise

Exactly Lou. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Only just caught up with the podcast of O'Neill vs Miller and co. What a cringe-fest. O'Neill absolutely showed them up for what they are - an ill-informed rabble with a pack mentality and not an original thought between the lot of them. 

The bit at the end when Derek Ferguson (I think) said "Said with sincerity" in a sarcastic voice and they all laughed after Miller pretended to wish O'Neill well in his new job. O'Neill basically would have put down the phone to the sound of them all laughing at him. Do they even realise they're live on air and not down the pub?

Interesting Miller got about 20 mins for a right to reply. Be nice if they offered that to the likes of Levein and McPhee - get them on the phone to answer their critics directly like they did with Miller.

Then McPhee could call them Windy Miller, Michael Stupid, Allan Pissed and Dick Gordon and pretend it was a mistake and oh how everyone would laugh.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Thanks for your learned contribution which, alas, is much too obtuse for me. Have a good evening.

No bother mate. Just keeping it lighthearted. 👍

It’s funny because ...a bit disco is absolutely ancient. :) 

17 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Thanks for worrying about me. A last word if I may -

Forget about Willie Miller, who I acknowledged in my original post is an idiot.

My issue, that has provoked a storm of outrage, is with MacPhee and its this:

In the course of his career at Hearts as both assistant and temporary manager, when has MacPhee been involved with a team that was even remotely close to the Europa League?

Of course we should be qualifying regularly as we all want and have a right to expect. But he can’t call on any evidence that would make me confident he is the person to take us there.

Others may feel differently. That’s fine.

Who has said that???? Everyone, apart from you, has backed Mcphee when he stated that Hearts SHOULD be going for the Europa League places every year. Miller, the guy you are supporting for some strange reason, attacked AM for stating this, then, after getting ripped to bits by someone with football knowledge, did a 180 and agreed with Mcphee, although I doubt he knows it. Can't for the life of me figure out what your point is, apart from attacking the club

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Thanks for worrying about me. A last word if I may -

Forget about Willie Miller, who I acknowledged in my original post is an idiot.

My issue, that has provoked a storm of outrage, is with MacPhee and its this:

In the course of his career at Hearts as both assistant and temporary manager, when has MacPhee been involved with a team that was even remotely close to the Europa League?

Of course we should be qualifying regularly as we all want and have a right to expect. But he can’t call on any evidence that would make me confident he is the person to take us there.

Others may feel differently. That’s fine.

He's got a lot of experience with O'Neill at Northern Ireland to be fair, where every game is a European group game - often against stronger opposition on paper. He helped them qualify for the finals in 2016. He was also part of Mexico's backroom staff for World Cup 2014. I get there are question marks over McPhee after our Cathro experience, but McPhee seems to both have the coaching experience and talent AND the people skills and confidence Cathro seemed to lack.

He's certainly got more than enough experience to talk knowledgeably about European football tournaments.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, weehammy said:

Wow! A cyber philosopher.

Wow an angry man that can cyber give it but cyber cannae take it 

Just now, weehammy said:

‘Attacking the club’ ?? Dearie me. Time to let this limping dog of a thread die a natural death.

Off now to plan my camping trip with Willie Miller and Alan Preston.

Carry on !

:oohmatron:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, weehammy said:

No anger here my friend. Have a good evening.

Excellent and yourself too good sir

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is there any link to the audio?

on sports sound podcast from Tuesday night. They were very unprofessional with O’Neill. Didn’t even congratulate him on his new job and gave Willie miller too much airtime defending the beeb 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Newton51 said:

on sports sound podcast from Tuesday night. They were very unprofessional with O’Neill. Didn’t even congratulate him on his new job and gave Willie miller too much airtime defending the beeb 

Sounds ridiculous - although I don’t think it’s unreasonable to apply scrutiny to McPhee.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sounds ridiculous - although I don’t think it’s unreasonable to apply scrutiny to McPhee.

Took McPhee’s comments out of context as he’s saying hearts should be a europa league team but miller took it to mean that they are in the group stages every year!