The BBC Sportsound pundits.

Whatever

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

:what:

Naismith goal - came from the right (the corner that Uche won, I mean)

Ikpeazu goal - he came shortish left and scored

Bozanic goal - Smith cross from the right after receiving the short pass from a wide-ish Uche

If it continues to work as poorly as that i'll not be unhappy.

Uncanny  :)

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Coburg Hearts

• Boab

Coburg Hearts
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Maybe not as astute as he would like to think he is. 

I think he has a huge blind spot when it comes to Hearts, even though Levein is no longer manager. In general, I think he is too full of his own importance. 

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Bozanic goal - Smith cross from the right after receiving the short pass from a wide-ish Uche

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Uche wide. Corner for the first goal,  created second, recycled ball for the third. 

Created more cutbacks in the second half,  team scores 5, but it wasn't a success. 

Can't wait for the day it is 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Uncanny  :)

Exactly. 

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

I think he has a huge blind spot when it comes to Hearts, even though Levein is no longer manager. In general, I think he is too full of his own importance. 

The problem with pundits is, they give opinions but they are no more valid than the opinions of you or I....but they think they are !

His ramblings about Uche prove that. 

Macphee falls into the Cathro type. Our media will say he's unqualified, doesnt demand respect etc. They are actually thinking he is keeping someone like yogi out of a job.

He won't get an easy ride from our media as the likes of Kris Boyd won't approve.

Saying that I don't think he should get the job but I can't fault Saturdays performance.

Glamorgan Jambo

Back in the day I remember MacDonald and Jardine would often push Clark out wide in the big games. For at least the first half. Same reasoning. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

You might be psychic. 

21 minutes ago, Boof said:

Zoinks - had to take a check over my shoulder... :lol: 

I suppose the alternative spin,  its really just common sense  :)

Coburg Hearts
41 minutes ago, Boab said:

The problem with pundits is, they give opinions but they are no more valid than the opinions of you or I....but they think they are !

His ramblings about Uche prove that. 

Well put, Boab, ramblings suit him when it comes to our club.

3 hours ago, Boab said:

You would think people who have played the game would see this pretty simple, but effective, tactic.

What does it say about alleged ex-players when they can’t ?

We are talking about Michael Stewart here though. He'd be smashing balls at Naismith (and missing him completely), and then berating Uche for not being there.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Coburg Hearts
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I suppose the alternative spin,  its really just common sense  :)

At times a hard commodity to find on kickback. 

Only heard snippets of it but quite frankly embarrassing. Crazy that the BBC employ these people to give a chance to view opinions on football, there seems to be a focus to create 'big' news story or simply target certain clubs, players or managers they personally don't like. Exactly why these guys are so called pundits and not working within professional football anymore.

The chat on Uche is irrelevant. Yes he played out wide but the team shouldn't be built around him and there was 5 different goalscorers/goals at Tynecastle since 2016 but ignore that because one player isn't in his preferred position.

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Stewart reiterated again last night that he didn't think it worked. (Uche being out wide) 

To win 5-2 when lots of things didn't work suggests we'll be up that league pretty sharpish. 

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

To win 5-2 when lots of things didn't work suggests we'll be up that league pretty sharpish. 

Whilst looking very unlikely at the moment, I haven't given up all hope of Hearts finishing in the top three that I put a bet on. We still have Aberdeen, Hibs, etc, to play three times so anything is possible. 

Bridge of Djoum
21 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't understand the vitriol against M Stewart. YES he had an agenda against Levein but was proved right on many occasions. If you listen to what he says about other games he talks a lot of sense. Some people are too soft skinned and the least perceived slight against Hearts has their back up. Everybody hates us but we don't care. The more they rip into Hearts ( when we are winning ) the more I like it as it shows we are getting to them.

Remember the pundits are no different to other fans and have an opinion , that may well be totally different for most Hearts fans. Take what they say with a pinch of salt and revel in the glory when we stick it up them.

If you can't understand it, simply have a read through the threads about Mr Stewart. It'll give you a much clearer picture as to why so many folk dislike the ****. You don't have to agree but you can at least understand.

Actually though Stewart was ok on Sportscene last night and Thomson is usually always decent . Sportsound however is almost always a chronic listen . Gordon is quite simply an irritating prick , Miller utterly clueless on anything other than Aberdeen related and Preston utterly clueless on everything. 

Personally I blame Gordon he has set the tome  for years and consistently drags the chat down with his pathetic agenda driven drivel . 

Malinga the Swinga

They just replayed the 'best of Preston and Miller' on Radio Scotland tonight with comments from Stewart and Gary M. Neither of them ruled out Austin getting the job. Tom English also on saying that the comments about MacPhee were ludicrous and more about him being seen as outsider rather than being based on ability.

Preston and Miller shown up as being ***** of the highest order. Preston because he is clueless and an embarrassment to himself, and Miller because he acknowledges he doesn't know about Hearts but will agree with Preston because, well just because he wanted to.

Tennant's  6's

It was amateur in the extreme on Saturday. Fits if laughter at dick Gordon's Austen McFann.. mistake...

World away from when bob crampsie  & alec Cameron were in. 

Tom English & Gordon Waddell are top notch, not too many others though..

8 hours ago, Boof said:

Take Liverpool for example. Analyse their forward movements and you'll find the strikers cut in and the full backs occupy the box. A starting position is exactly that, a starting position. 

Stewart should analyse and break down than in transition Macphee set us up so White gave us width left and Smith on the right. Smith would also be unmarked as Uches starting position dragged the defenders away. 

That gave us Naismith, Walker, Uche and Bozanic occupying the box with Smith and White giving width and Irving depth. Berra Dikamona and Hickey gave is cover at the back. Stewart did pick up on the fact we had numbers in the box but not why. 

Sitting near the pitch the instructions were also clear, ball into Naismiths feet or in behind for Uche to roll his man and breach the line.

Again a pundit should analyse the shape and what worked. Not just moan that it's not what he would've done. Remain impartial and see the bigger picture. 

43 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Take Liverpool for example. Analyse their forward movements and you'll find the strikers cut in and the full backs occupy the box. A starting position is exactly that, a starting position. 

Stewart should analyse and break down than in transition Macphee set us up so White gave us width left and Smith on the right. Smith would also be unmarked as Uches starting position dragged the defenders away. 

That gave us Naismith, Walker, Uche and Bozanic occupying the box with Smith and White giving width and Irving depth. Berra Dikamona and Hickey gave is cover at the back. Stewart did pick up on the fact we had numbers in the box but not why. 

Sitting near the pitch the instructions were also clear, ball into Naismiths feet or in behind for Uche to roll his man and breach the line.

Again a pundit should analyse the shape and what worked. Not just moan that it's not what he would've done. Remain impartial and see the bigger picture. 

But but but

MS has wonderful managerial/coaching experience

and

he once played for Man U.

Coburg Hearts

From Ewan Murray on Twitter. 

Nothing personifies open season more than Willie Miller’s baseless ranting about Hearts on Saturday. Austin MacPhee had backed up his Europa League point with facts and details, there was nothing wrong with it.

But the bigger laugh.. Craig Levein is a “ghost” 😂😂😂 Willie was on the Aberdeen board (and was director of football!) years after being sacked as manager. Craig Brown remains on the Aberdeen board, direct from being manager. Hysterical nonsense.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, ramrod said:

Actually though Stewart was ok on Sportscene last night and Thomson is usually always decent . Sportsound however is almost always a chronic listen . Gordon is quite simply an irritating prick , Miller utterly clueless on anything other than Aberdeen related and Preston utterly clueless on everything. 

Personally I blame Gordon he has set the tome  for years and consistently drags the chat down with his pathetic agenda driven drivel . 

It's all just the radio equivalent of newspaper clickbait. No idea what Scottish football fans did to deserve this level of coverage from the BBC compared to the BBC's English football coverage.

They should give Stuart Cosgrove free reign to revamp Sportscene and Sportsound . He's a quality broadcaster and massive Scottish football fan.

9 hours ago, jambo19 said:

They aren't that sharp tactically. I can remember Shelley Kerr showing them up massively at half time in Scottish cup semi. She explained how we were set up, and what changes she would make to improve things. Stewart and Thommo basically looked at their shoes. 

They are pundits with minimal, (if any), coaching experience.  Say what you like about McPhee, he's served his time as a coach.

Edited by naeclue

Ricardo Shillyshally
6 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

From Ewan Murray on Twitter. 

Nothing personifies open season more than Willie Miller’s baseless ranting about Hearts on Saturday. Austin MacPhee had backed up his Europa League point with facts and details, there was nothing wrong with it.

But the bigger laugh.. Craig Levein is a “ghost” 😂😂😂 Willie was on the Aberdeen board (and was director of football!) years after being sacked as manager. Craig Brown remains on the Aberdeen board, direct from being manager. Hysterical nonsense.

He consistently nails it. 

For someone whose career at Hearts was something just a little less than ordinary  Preston has some gall actually slating other people working for the club.

As for Willie Miller, he has obviously been hurt on his visits here. His rants come across as almost hysterical.

Just now, Deevers said:

For someone whose career at Hearts was something just a little less than ordinary  Preston has some gall actually slating other people working for the club.

As for Willie Miller, he has obviously been hurt on his visits here. His rants come across as almost hysterical.

A long way less than ordinary. 

Just now, Deevers said:

Spot on. I was being kind to him with that assessment.

One good header at Parkhead in a Semi. Rest of the time it was Mikey Stewartesque in running about not achieving very much.

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

One good header at Parkhead in a Semi. Rest of the time it was Mikey Stewartesque in running about not achieving very much.

And to think that we let Scott Crabbe go to bring him in. Madness.

Just now, Deevers said:

And to think that we let Scott Crabbe go to bring him in. Madness.

Think Crabbo enjoyed the banter from us at Tannadice at the first game after the swap. Along the lines of swapping shirts with Preston.....before the game !

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Think Crabbo enjoyed the banter from us at Tannadice at the first game after the swap. Along the lines of swapping shirts with Preston.....before the game !

I actually can't think of one game where Preston played for us where he was a stand out.  Not one.  That's where he really gets on my goat. His criticism of the club on Sportsound was way over the top. He actually managed to make Stewart sound considered and measured by comparison.

Just now, Deevers said:

I actually can't think of one game where Preston played for us where he was a stand out.  Not one.  That's where he really gets on my goat. His criticism of the club on Sportsound was way over the top. He actually managed to make Stewart sound considered and measured by comparison.

I was maybe prepared to give Stewart et al the benefit of the doubt but after the way they set about denigrating MacPhee on Saturday, they can all do one. 
He made them all look like fools as they scoffed about his tactics during the game. 
For Stewart to stick with that even after the great result, tells me everything I need to know. 
Arseholes !

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

And to think Joe Jordan wanted rid of Scott Crabbe to get Preston in.

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

I was maybe prepared to give Stewart et al the benefit of the doubt but after the way they set about denigrating MacPhee on Saturday, they can all do one. 
He made them all look like fools as they scoffed about his tactics during the game. 
For Stewart to stick with that even after the great result, tells me everything I need to know. 
Arseholes !

Yep, totally pack mentality. After listening to that both Preston and Stewart should be ashamed.  Miller, however is just an arsehole as far as Hearts are concerned.

Funnily enough off the ball prides itself in being both petty and ill informed,  Sportsound could just as easily make this claim. BBC coverage of Scottish football on both TV and radio is appalling.

13 hours ago, jambo19 said:

Couldn't agree more with this, you also must sit close to us as Austin was constantly talking to the team, providing instruction throughout around what he wanted from them.

Quite funny when Uche was being told to go wide by Austin and being told to come inside by Naismith though

38 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yep, totally pack mentality. After listening to that both Preston and Stewart should be ashamed.  Miller, however is just an arsehole as far as Hearts are concerned.

Pack mentality is what annoys me most about Sportscene and the radio things. Not against anyone having a genuine opinion but half the time they're just all gathered round their cauldron baying for blood. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pack mentality is what annoys me most about Sportscene and the radio things. Not against anyone having a genuine opinion but half the time they're just all gathered round their cauldron baying for blood. 

I don't listen to it often these days for exactly that reason. You only really get a truly objective view on anything these days from Tom English. I did listen last night though just to see if they would have the guts to slate the Green Brigade for their behaviour. I wasn't disappointed though - about ten minutes worth of making excuses  for  Lawell and the Celtic Board for not dealing effectively with them. One of  the participants doing little more than fawning on the Green Brigade for their political activism.  Then it was right then let's get into Hearts. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I don't listen to it often these days for exactly that reason. You only really get a truly objective view on anything these days from Tom English. I did listen last night though just to see if they would have the guts to slate the Green Brigade for their behaviour. I wasn't disappointed though - about ten minutes worth of making excuses  for  Lawell and the Celtic Board for not dealing effectively with them. One of  the participants doing little more than fawning on the Green Brigade for their political activism.  Then it was right then let's get into Hearts. 

Glad I missed that. 

August Landmesser

Willie Miller and Richard Gordon are a huge part of why I love it when we pump Aberdeen. Almost every time they come to Tynie with 54000 in the away end we beat them. Looking forward to Dec 29th immensely, and then to finishing above them from now on. 

Upstarts.

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Willie Miller and Richard Gordon are a huge part of why I love it when we pump Aberdeen. Almost every time they come to Tynie with 54000 in the away end we beat them. Looking forward to Dec 29th immensely, and then to finishing above them from now on. 

Upstarts.

One thing missed in their great analysis is last season Aberdeen were well down the table at this stage last season after a poor start. 

59 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

See when you read that, and you compare it to the utter guff and unprofessionalism of failed manager Allan Preston, you really must laugh.

50 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Upstarts.

Richard Gordon's courting of Willie Miller is our generation's Ross and Rachel. I suspect Dick will propose to Willie at some point before the season ends.

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

See when you read that, and you compare it to the utter guff and unprofessionalism of failed manager Allan Preston, you really must laugh.

Yeah, good article. My only gripe is he stopped at Preston and didn't get torn into the other cackling hyenas on Sportsound.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Yeah, good article. My only gripe is he stopped at Preston and didn't get torn into the other cackling hyenas on Sportsound.

Maybe holding some back in case they respond.