Press conference 4/11 ( updated )

JamboSpur

Adam_the_legend
20 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

This should help alleviate your fears....

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-he out out arts-news/i-have-not-been-manipulated-hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-new-sporting-director-role-and-craig-leveins-job-826636

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/i-have-not-been-manipulated-hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-new-sporting-director-role-and-craig-leveins-job-826636

i really have lost all faith in AB. i expect her to **** up the new hires and we’ll limp on woefully under performing. Hope she goes next year. 

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/i-have-not-been-manipulated-hearts-owner-ann-budge-outlines-new-sporting-director-role-and-craig-leveins-job-826636

i really have lost all faith in AB. i expect her to **** up the new hires and we’ll limp on woefully under performing. Hope she goes next year. 

I’m going to wait to see who she appoints and how they get on before judging.

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

He has excellent football knowledge and contacts. He would excel in that role. Whether it is him or not, that is the route we will go down and why bring in someone completely new when we have someone who is perfect for that position already here. He will have no real input into the first team so I’m happy with that. 

His excellent football knowledge hasn’t helped us on the park one bit. It’s never nice to see people lose their jobs but he should be out with Levein. 

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

From listening to Anns presser today MacPhee, Robinson, Robertson or Daly will not be our new manager. 

That’s how i took it as well. I thought her presser was good today. 

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Too sensible, it’ll never catch on.

Adam_the_legend
13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Good for you. 

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Nah come on lets all call bay for blood NOW like proper wankers!! @Adam_the_legend

Not baying for blood, just have a terrible feeling about what comes next. Oh, and good one with the name calling, you’re a proper hard yin aren’t you...

19 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

I'm genuinely amazed that you would be advocating Robinson.  His record over the last couple of seasons I'd similar to leveins.  A couple of cup runs and one decent run of league games.  I can't see what he would bring that levein didn't.  I hope we aren't going for him because if the cup runs.  Our boards ambition has to be higher than whatever money a cup run brings in.  Robinson hasn't earned the right to manage hearts yet.  He hasn't even had a good consistent league season yet.   As for unearthing gems from.the lower league in England, has he been that successful at it? For someone so vocal in his criticism of levein, I'm really surprised at you wanting Robinson 

I"m not saying he's the best candidate out there but imo he would be a far better option than Robbo, McCann, either Naismith, McInnes etc. If we are going for a bigger name then I'll be delighted but Robinson has proved himself able to develop youngsters, knows the English market, is prepared to alter their play mid season and has pace and width in his team. Exactly what we need right now.  I'm sure he'll be considered.

8 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Have to say that I do not have huge confidence in Budge getting these appointments right. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have to say that I do not have huge confidence in Budge getting these appointments right. 

My fear is that the structure is wrong again.  'Equal level' appointments with confusion even in her words about how players are identified and sourced with echoes of the previous mess under Levein.  Elsewhere she says that she doesn't understand why when a manager goes you have to remove a number of other people.

She chose the wrong person 6 seasons ago and everything else stems from that.  And that is why there is a need for a cathartic clear out.  A fresh start without Levein being involved.  The immediate departures of MacPhee, Daly, Foxy and Gallacher.  A proper look at an underperforming youth system and recruitment process.  Investigate why the fitness and medical situation is so poor.

Clean the Augean stables.  After 6 seasons of Levein it will be a Herculean task but should be done.

7 minutes ago, Coco said:

My fear is that the structure is wrong again.  'Equal level' appointments with confusion even in her words about how players are identified and sourced with echoes of the previous mess under Levein.  Elsewhere she says that she doesn't understand why when a manager goes you have to remove a number of other people.

She chose the wrong person 6 seasons ago and everything else stems from that.  And that is why there is a need for a cathartic clear out.  A fresh start without Levein being involved.  The immediate departures of MacPhee, Daly, Foxy and Gallacher.  A proper look at an underperforming youth system and recruitment process.  Investigate why the fitness and medical situation is so poor.

Clean the Augean stables.  After 6 seasons of Levein it will be a Herculean task but should be done.

Levein was 100% the correct choice 6 years ago. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

6 years already.

How time flies when your enjoying yourself.

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Completely disagree as I said at the time.  All this current mess was baked in at that time.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

6 years already.

How time flies when your enjoying yourself.

First three were decent....

Last three no so much. He made a mistake employing Cathro.....then made another accepting the role of manager.

The job he did getting us back up first time of asking and overhauling the academy can’t be ignored.

4 minutes ago, Coco said:

Completely disagree as I said at the time.  All this current mess was baked in at that time.

So.....

When we steamrollered the Championship, got into Europe first season back up and were top of the league for 12 games last season you said he was the wrong the man ?

Maybe you should be our Sporting Director......

Edited by DH1986

So.....

When we steamrollered the Championship, got into Europe first season back up and were top of the league for 12 games last season you said he was the wrong the man ?

He always knew... hes an expert dontcha know.... there are loads of top drawer professionals on here with vast experience in the game :) 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So.....

28 minutes ago, Coco said:

My fear is that the structure is wrong again.  'Equal level' appointments with confusion even in her words about how players are identified and sourced with echoes of the previous mess under Levein.  Elsewhere she says that she doesn't understand why when a manager goes you have to remove a number of other people

She didn't say that at all 

Read the fekkin thing !

Horatio Caine

According to today's BBC gossip column, the Daily Star (yes, the STAR!!) are reporting that AB has said CL will have a say in appointing a new manager.  I thought she had said the exact opposite?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

According to today's BBC gossip column, the Daily Star (yes, the STAR!!) are reporting that AB has said CL will have a say in appointing a new manager.  I thought she had said the exact opposite?

Your last sentence is correct.

1 minute ago, jambobob61 said:

The manager is going to say what he needs and somebody else has to go away and find it.

the new sporting director to take responsibility for a host of other things, like recruitment, selling players

Not alleviated at all!

Jesus.

The manager will tell his Sporting Director he wants a player....it is then left to said Sporting Director to do the deal leaving the manager to concentrate on training and preparing the players and coaches for the next game etc.

AB has clearly stated the SD will not having any say in the first team in any shape or form.

There isn’t a cross over with the roles.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

but not to detail.

Excuse me......

You are the one who said the Hearts job nearly killed Levein when he and his doctors said differently.

You spend more time pulling others up for sources and proof.....trying to be a big shot......maybe you need to think about that before you start making outrageous claims about the reason why someone almost died.

Excuse me......

You are the one who said the Hearts job nearly killed Levein when he and his doctors said differently.

You spend more time pulling others up for sources and proof.....trying to be a big shot......maybe you need to think about that before you start making outrageous claims about the reason why someone almost died.

It's a shite argument but of course it played a role. And of course Levein would play it down. 

24 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

😴😪😴😪

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Excuse me......

I'll excuse you.

It should have been ten
45 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So.....

This

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I"m not saying he's the best candidate out there but imo he would be a far better option than Robbo, McCann, either Naismith, McInnes etc. If we are going for a bigger name then I'll be delighted but Robinson has proved himself able to develop youngsters, knows the English market, is prepared to alter their play mid season and has pace and width in his team. Exactly what we need right now.  I'm sure he'll be considered.

If Hibs were going to recruit a manager and the choice was Robinson or Robbie then looking at the stats alone they would go for Robbie. Much more experience as a manager, much higher win %age, much higher league finish positions, much higher win %age in similar level of English football, much higher current league position, has actually won something as a manager. 
Yet you would have the runner-up in that two horse race as our next manager?  Completely baffling. There’s just zero logic to it other than your gut feel or a wind-up. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

This time last year we would all have said he was the correct choice 2.5 years ago as well. 

1 hour ago, Coco said:

I do like the concept of the Sporting Director / DoF because i would want the Head Coach to focus on the first team, leaving the overall management of the football business to someone else.

But you need to have the right people and, for me, the Director/DoF cannot be someone with ambitions to manage. I originally believed Levein was perfect for that as he seemed comfortable away from the dugout.

Everything started to go wrong when he took over from Cathro. His inability to replace Cathro should have raised alarm bells with Budge, and at the very least it should have been a strict "end of season" arrangement. Perhaps Budge believed that football is the same as any other business where you do have senior managers dropping in and out of other roles - football is not like that. Or perhaps she was waiting for Levein to finish his Head Coach role on a high and then go back to DoF, well they had a few opportunities to do that (esp after the Cup Final) but missed them all.

And i have to say that the fact Levein remains at the club in any capacity is just weak leadership from Budge. 5 years in an executive role and still reliant on one man is inexcusable.

1 minute ago, Royal Dick Janny said:

Steven.

As long as transfers arent forced onto the manager. I want the manager to have full control of the players he signs.

My mistake.

I would hope the manager has the casting vote, yes.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

My mistake.

I would hope the manager has the casting vote, yes.

That’s how it tends to work with a sporting director. They scout and present options to a manager who says yay or nay. I’ve no problem with that set up as long as the people in the jobs are competent.

According to the daily star,  Ann says that levein will help pick his successor.  Is this true?   He wont go away and he's going to haunt us for years...

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

According to the daily star,  Ann says that levein will help pick his successor.  Is this true?   He wont go away and he's going to haunt us for years...

The daily star still exists?! 😂 

No, it’s not true. She has clearly said as much.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

If you go to the HMSA thread there is a good report on what Ann said.

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

No. The interview yesterday, she told reporters he'll have no input into it. 

Daily Star...c'mon.  :lol:

Forgive me. The thought if it brings me out in a cold sweat and I panicked...

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Forgive me. The thought if it brings me out in a cold sweat and I panicked...

Understandable all things  considered.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

23 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

She said on Thursday night he would have no input. It was a response to a specific question. 

19 hours ago, Morgan said:

Larsson?  Fair enough.

Gascoigne?  :rofl:

I was joking about both.  Neither should be anywhere near the job. 

The best thing is Ann sat in front of the media and spoke with her own words, zero hiding place and we all heard what she said (those who then choose to read the Daily Star and believe what she DIDN'T say need put out of their misery).

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Ann Budge clearly states that CL will have no say on the selection of our new manager. She says this at a press conference which is broadcast on several media platforms including Hearts TV (free to view if your interested) .

Instead you prefer to give credibility to a gossip sheet.

Looking for things to bitch about  ?

59 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I was joking about both.  Neither should be anywhere near the job. 

Fair enough!  I wasn’t sure.  :thumbsup: 

Adam_the_legend
55 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Ann Budge clearly states that CL will have no say on the selection of our new manager. She says this at a press conference which is broadcast on several media platforms including Hearts TV (free to view if your interested) .

Instead you prefer to give credibility to a gossip sheet.

Looking for things to bitch about  ?

That isn’t the whole story though, is it? The reason the media can claim what they are is that she DID say she would probably consult CL and ask his advice on the prospective candidates. She contradicted herself by saying he wouldn’t be involved but actually he WILL have some input. Completely unnecessary IMO. 

Edited by Adam_the_legend

15 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

That isn’t the whole story though, is it? The reason the media can claim what they are is that she DID say she would probably consult CL and ask his advice on the prospective candidates. She contradicted herself by saying he wouldn’t be involved but actually he WILL have some input. Completely unnecessary IMO. 

when did she say all this?

Adam_the_legend
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

when did she say all this?

In the press conference. She said if she had a choice between 2 or 3 people for the job she would likely ask CL his opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

In the press conference. She said if she had a choice between 2 or 3 people for the job she would likely ask CL his opinion. 

P15H.

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Odd behaviour to make stuff up eh

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Watched it all and don't remember that.