• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

You’ve not covered yourself in glory on this thread.

Thanks pal...I will sleep the night noo.

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Unless NI come calling he’ll still be SD. 

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

100% not going to be McPhee as SD

Ahhh kickback :lol:

On topic getting pretty fed up with this all now... Still think it'll happen but just want it over with! The other names interviewed don't bear thinking about...

2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Tell Barnsley and Stendel to ****off

I've had enough of this shite. 

Think you're the first person on the thread that wants McCann.

Found this online. Just an FYI:

Garden leave as grounds for a constructive dismissal claim

If you do not have an express garden leave provision in your contract you could claim that your employer is in breach of their contract with you. In reaction to this breach of contract, you may have grounds to claim that you have been constructively dismissed. It can be easier to argue this claim if you can show that you need to work to preserve your skills, so being excluded from the business has had a detrimental effect on your ongoing work life and on your ability to earn an income.  A valid claim of constructive dismissal can cause your notice period and restrictive covenants in your contract to become void

2 minutes ago, Simo said:

Ahhh kickback :lol:

On topic getting pretty fed up with this all now... Still think it'll happen but just want it over with! The other names interviewed don't bear thinking about...

It’s getting boring now. We need someone in to start moving forward. I just hope Stendel will be worth all the effort we’ve went to if he comes in. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

44 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd rather Stendel signed an agreement to come in during the summer. This seasons ****ed, but we're probably not going to get relegated. Giving the guy the season to get used to Edinburgh and review the squad from afar might be hugely beneficial. 

**** giving them one penny. They sacked him. I don't care what they're trying to make this gardening leave bollocks sound like. He was never coming back into a management position within the club. They should be grateful a club is willing to take him off their hands. 

Them bringing litigation on what likely amounts to about £150k is pathetic and if they lose could have big ramifications I don't think Fifa would welcome. He was sacked. It was reported he was sacked. Barnsley did not attempt to correct this narrative because he was sacked. The gardening leave nonsense is just to protect their own cashflow so they're not losing whatever his salary is in a one'er. Having the brass neck to demand cash is ****ing embarrassing. Honestly, would back Budge if she decided to fight it on principle. ****ing ridiculous behaviour. 

Post of the thread IMO. Bang on!

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Think you're the first person on the thread that wants McCann.

I wouldn't give McCann a job as kit man. 

9 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Unless NI come calling he’ll still be SD. 

Not what I’m hearing. Tomorrow likely to be his farewell appearance at tynie 

13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Right....so I was right then thanks.

Is whether you are right or wrong all that matters to you in this whole thing? 😄

Graham Thomson
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the compensation issue

Even if he is contracted to Barnsley they won't want a legal battle and will move to settle...just a statement from their CEO full of bluff and bluster

Our club is fully aware of his contractual position and this happens in dozens of cases between football clubs

Their CEO stinks in his public pronouncements with childish threats and pathetic bullying tactics from a small club in Yorkshire

Their fans seem fine but he is an...…………………….. choose any word you wish

At last someone who speaks common sense. It's no big deal and will be sorted out👍

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yeah, so I’ve read elsewhere. I’ve not heard anything about MacPhee since last week so I’m assuming what I’ve been told is still good but if not, I don’t really care 😂

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is whether you are right or wrong all that matters to you in this whole thing? 😄

Proving Daza wrong is his goal.

9 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Stendel’s camp are also adamant no money is due — and, crucially, believe they have documentation to prove it.

And there we have it. Hearts and Stendal have clearly discussed it and these charlatans have pulled this compo stunt out at the last minute 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I sincerely hope so, in a taxi with Daly/Fox/Gallagher/Murray and LEVEIN, never to be seen again.

Jack Torrance

Damour in The Record saying the players have no information of what's going on.

Evening News saying Stendel: agreed to leave upon being relieved of his duties and believed the remainder of his contract, which ran until next summer, had been cancelled. However, he has yet to receive a pay-off and Barnsley are arguing that the contract is still valid.

10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Stendel’s camp are also adamant no money is due — and, crucially, believe they have documentation to prove it.

Good to have some clarity even if it's from the Sun!

I liked this bit:

Stendel has already agreed terms and is desperate to begin work given the club’s perilous position in the Scottish Premiership.

1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

Damour in The Record saying the players have no information of what's going on.

Evening News saying Stendel: agreed to leave upon being relieved of his duties and believed the remainder of his contract, which ran until next summer, had been cancelled. However, he has yet to receive a pay-off and Barnsley are arguing that the contract is still valid.

I think the crux of this is whether Stendel has been receiving wages or if he’s been expecting a payment. 

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Their fans seem fine but he is an...…………………….. choose any word you wish

As long as it begins with a vowel? 

(Sorry, thread's driving me to pedantry)

:sob:

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Good to have some clarity even if it's from the Sun!

I liked this bit:

Stendel has already agreed terms and is desperate to begin work given the club’s perilous position in the Scottish Premiership.

Stendal is also seeking advice from the English Managers Association, so hes clearly desperate to get here.

Edited by Jack Torrance

18 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Post of the thread IMO. Bang on!

We'd have the rest of the season, probably a relegation fight, with coaches who have proved so incompetent that most people want them emptied and with a squad of players who would know that the coaches have no long-term future at the club. 

Some brass neck from Barnsley here. Relieving a manager of his duties and then expecting to be compensated when another club wants to employ him. I reckon they would be destroyed by any halfway competent legal team. They have to be fishing for a smaller payment.

42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You still seem more eager for other posters to be shown up as being wrong than for Hearts to get Stendel. Very odd. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Spot on 👍🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hearts could just give them Wighton.

Deal done.

Then we'd need to pay more. 

It is annoying that its dragging on a bit now but makes sense to investigate the Barnsley compo claims and not be hit with a big fine.

I would imagine we will need to pay a bit of cash as well to get rid of levein, daly, fox etc. Hopefully mcphee gets offered the NI job and they can pay us compo to cover some of it! 😂

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

that wee snippet from Barnsley’s CEO sounds like a Trump soundbite.

He's a total penis.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Let’s just get mob handed and go and boot this cheeky ****ers baws! Gorgie Rules! 😀

🇱🇻🇱🇻

Barnsley are going to get told to bolt me thinks. 

If they haven’t paid Stendel after sacking him, they’ve already broken that contract. 

Idiots! 

19 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

We'd have the rest of the season, probably a relegation fight, with coaches who have proved so incompetent that most people want them emptied and with a squad of players who would know that the coaches have no long-term future at the club. 

Yeh. I know. Why u quoting my post?

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Barnsley are going to get told to bolt me thinks. 

If they haven’t paid Stendel after sacking him, they’ve already broken that contract. 

Idiots! 

Could be the documentation that Stendel's team claim to have that proves their case is essentially his bank statements showing he hasn't been paid?

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Could be the documentation that Stendel's team claim to have that proves their case is essentially his bank statements showing he hasn't been paid?

Could they be that stupid to not pay him when on gardening leave?

20 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It is annoying that its dragging on a bit now but makes sense to investigate the Barnsley compo claims and not be hit with a big fine.

I would imagine we will need to pay a bit of cash as well to get rid of levein, daly, fox etc. Hopefully mcphee gets offered the NI job and they can pay us compo to cover some of it! 😂

I know you jest but comp for McPhee is a hilarious thought

I love the sporadic “tell him to bolt” posts even tho it’s been clear for days that he isn’t holding up the process 😂😂😂 seems to be the same guys saying “Budge doesn’t know what she’s doing, this is taking too long” 😂😂

pharmaceutical01
48 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Of course!

The daza haters are coming across as incredibly unpleasant people....

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

I’d imagine that and a letter.

If he hasn’t received severance for the duration left in his contract, Barnsley have broken that contract and it’s void, It’s that simple. Therefore I’d also imagine he has received a letter saying his contract has been terminated if they have decided not to pay him otherwise Stendel could have taken them to a tribunal for his unpaid wages. 

Hearts will cover their arses and if we have to pay, we will but if we don’t pay, it’s because we have absolute 100% proof that Barnsleys ceo is talking pish, which seems to be the case. Once we’ve received legal advice and Stendel has spoken to the LMA, we’ll sign him and Barnsley can be as :seething: as they want.

Barnsley fans clearly have arseholes running their club which is a shame for them.

• davemclaren locked this topic