Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

Captain Canada

If the £500k figure is correct then I don't see why we can't pay it. If you believe the rumours then Hickey will be sold in January for a sizeable fee and we just reached another cup semi-final. 

Plus  if we sell all the awful players in our squad, that could raise about £100 towards the total 😃

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They haven’t sacked him.  He’s still their employee, evidently. 

They’ve separated as per the Barnsley Club statement and appointed a replacement. 

1 minute ago, steven_mck said:

Will sell Hickey to finance Stendel, Stern and Tonge compensation and wages. The money also to pay off existing coaching staff.

Nah we'll trouser that , the benifactor will pick up the tab for Stendel and his boys 

15 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Going to cost over £500k to get him released from contract and pay off current staff?  I really hope this guy is the answer or we are going to be in a right mess by the end of the season. 

It's a huge gamble ,,but one that has to be done ! Hope negotiations are over and its about getting down to the job of kick starting this nightmare of a season........

21 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Probably already been said, but if Barnsley have sacked him he isn't their employee.

So wtf should we be paying Stendel's ex employer a compensation sum for someone who used to work for them but doesn't anymore ?

It's a bit like the same logic used for the 50,000 new nurses tory statement.

They didn’t sack him. They relieved him of this responsibilities but kept him on the payroll rather than giving him a pay-off. 

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

They’ve separated as per the Barnsley Club statement and appointed a replacement. 

He’s still on the books being paid by them.  That’s not a total separation, unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Will sell Hickey to finance Stendel, Stern and Tonge compensation and wages. The money also to pay off existing coaching staff.

The article doesn't say that, nor does it say anything about 500k compensation.  The article doesn't mention Stendel.  The article does however contain the following bit of info:

The meeting had been arranged since before Levein was relieved of his duties as both manager and director of football at Riccarton. 

Here’s a thought.  Surely if the terms of his exit have been breached, their case should be against Stendel, not us?  If he was still technically an employee, I’d see the logic, but they’ll find it hard to prove he is.  

If I was put on gardening leave on full pay and told I couldn’t work and applied for another job within the term, I’d get my arse felt, not my prospective employer. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And the more likely another, better club will come after him   Need this tied up soon. 

I'm beginning to think we're being played here. Offering someone the job, but they need another 48 hours to think about it after all the preceding thinking time?

Doesnt sound either enthusiastic or dynamic.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Here’s a thought.  Surely if the terms of his exit have been breached, their case should be against Stendel, not us?  If he was still technically an employee, I’d see the logic, but they’ll find it hard to prove he is.  

If I was put on gardening leave on full pay and told I couldn’t work and applied for another job within the term, I’d get my arse felt, not my prospective employer. 

He’s not applied for another job though, another company has requested his services while still contracted to one.  If they are paying his wages then unless they figure out a mutual termination of employment, which I don’t for the life of me understand why they wouldn’t (why do they want to keep paying DS?) then they will be due a compensation figure. 

17 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Going to cost over £500k to get him released from contract and pay off current staff?  I really hope this guy is the answer or we are going to be in a right mess by the end of the season. 

Ann's laughing straight to the bank thank god we have all those lovely generous Benefactors and Vlad 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I’m pretty sure Barnsley will know if they are still paying the guy.  If they are still paying him then he’s 100% employed to them. 

If that is the case, then they should have made the case re compensation when we started negotiating with him. 

11 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Ah the standard response to anyone with a low post count.  Good lad.  Compo figure came from a journo.  Cost of getting him and releasing the current Hearts back team. 

It is massively suspicious when someone with a low post count posts something negative.

If you are a Hearts supporter I apologise.

Just now, Last Laff said:

He’s not applied for another job though, another company has requested his services while still contracted to one.  If they are paying his wages then unless they figure out a mutual termination of employment, which I don’t for the life of me understand why they wouldn’t (why do they want to keep paying DS?) then they will be due a compensation figure. 

But he has to accept the offer though, and surely by doing that, HE is the one breaching the terms of his contract, not us.

2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Hopefully the start of a new era tomorrow, let’s all get behind the players ( even Sean Clare) 😂👍

I’m with you Brother! 👍❤️

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Agree with this.

We will come to an agreement with Barnsley, Barnsley and Stendel will come to an agreement and he will be in charge for the weekend.

Daza been on to tell us why the deal that was agreed last week and was going to be announced today wasn't actually announced today after all?

29 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's not how it works, we won't be paying Stendel a signing on fee as such. We need to pay his club to release him from his contract and they pass on some payment to him as compensation.

If he just resigned and it wasn't accepted and signed for us he would be open to being pursued for breach of contract and we would also have broken the rules by signing someone under contract to another club.

Ffs! Well I hope he’s worth it!!

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Daza been on to tell us why the deal that was agreed last week and was going to be announced today wasn't actually announced today after all?

Oooops  🤔

Just now, Sooperstar said:

It was to be announced last Thursday prior to that. 

Looks like every ersehole has an opinion.  Reality is none of them have a clue what’s going on. Anne Budge is professional and I’m 1000% confident that Stendel will be here by weekend.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

looks to me like he was right tbh, called it despite other on here saying it was defiantly a no go, clearly the timing isn’t right but you’d basically have to have a hotline to Ann Budge to nail that - don’t think he could have predicted the compensation problem.. 

not sure why folk keen to have a go at  good posters who’ve been right on more than one occasion 

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s still on the books being paid by them.  That’s not a total separation, unfortunately. 

Similar to Levein. 

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

not just agreed , but signed pal. 😂

Walter Bishop
23 minutes ago, jake said:

Make or break ?

This will be interesting coming from you.

Eh?

Make - We get our man, Fans are united, atmosphere changes, style of play changes, positives all the way. 

Break - We fail to get our man and appoint someone like McCall or McCann who will agree to work with MacPhee, Daly and Fox and i dont see anything changing and relegation is a real possibility. 

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Is that true? The main reports I’ve seen saying he’s been sacked and separation would suggest they have in fact separated. 
It would be an interesting challenge in a tribunal to release a club statement which is far from clear that he has been removed for the position but still being paid as such. You would release a statement saying he’s been relieved of his duties and will remain an employee until his contract has been satisfied. 
A good Barrister would rip the club statement to shreds.

50 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'm not sure how these things work, but it seemed to be implied earlier that we can appoint him now and agree compo at a later date. It's not like he's actually doing anything for Barnsley now anyway. Maybe AB wants to do things by the book so we don't have it hanging over us?

The way I understand it is, he’s been suspended on full pay until the end of his contract, therefore he is still an employee of the club, but no longer works there, our owners are complete tuppences, but they’re not nincompoops. They’re despicable crafty b’astards. 

Just now, Sherbet said:

Why dont we just offer to take over his Barnsley contract til.the end of the season

Looks like Barnsley want to earn a few shekels for themselves on top of that.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

looks to me like he was right tbh, called it despite other on here saying it was defiantly a no go, clearly the timing isn’t right but you’d basically have to have a hotline to Ann Budge to nail that - don’t think he could have predicted the compensation problem.. 

not sure why folk keen to have a go at  good posters who’ve been right on more than one occasion 

Spot on mind when people said he preferred to stay down England and wouldn't touch us hmm 🤔

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Eh?

Make - We get our man, Fans are united, atmosphere changes, style of play changes, positives all the way. 

Break - We fail to get our man and appoint someone like McCall or McCann who will agree to work with MacPhee, Daly and Fox and i dont see anything changing and relegation is a real possibility. 

The only way 'break ' is possible is if we dont stump up compo.

Ball is in our court with that...if it has to be paid.

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In the same manner that Scunny was deemed to have been over-egging things earlier it is clear that Daza is guilty of the very same. If posters don't want to be called out then they shouldn't come on and make claims that turn out to be false.

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Honestly - ****ing American owned businesses. Complete *****

😉

Captain Canada
5 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

The way I understand it is, he’s been suspended on full pay until the end of his contract, therefore he is still an employee of the club, but no longer works there, our owners are complete tuppences, but they’re not nincompoops. They’re despicable crafty b’astards. 

Cheers. I hope you get rid of the current owners asap and stay up this season. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Unless he has a “release clause” how do you value compensation for a guy that was sacked and replaced and was effectively otherwise sitting on his erchie doing sod all?

Also if we have to pay cash we didn’t expect to does that not mean we might want to readjust our agreement with him to protect ourselves commercially from our side?

8 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

not just agreed , but signed pal. 😂

Now now, Irufushi, when he posted that picture of the signature he didn't mean it had actually been signed.

8 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Is that true? The main reports I’ve seen saying he’s been sacked and separation would suggest they have in fact separated. 
It would be an interesting challenge in a tribunal to release a club statement which is far from clear that he has been removed for the position but still being paid as such. You would release a statement saying he’s been relieved of his duties and will remain an employee until his contract has been satisfied. 
A good Barrister would rip the club statement to shreds.

They will know if they still pay his wages.  If they do it’s no wonder they’re so confident. 

13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

There’s no problem there it’s just a matter of agreeing compo. It’s not as if he was on a long contract 

it’s only till the end of the season. Daza has done well.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because folk don't like the truth unless it satisfies them.

11 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Similar to Levein. 

Yep.  The difference is that he’s not kicking about down Barnsley.  Levein took the piss with Scotland and didn’t take another managerial position, appointed Neilson too. 

Edited by Last Laff

14 minutes ago, Prof said:

Looks like every ersehole has an opinion.  Reality is none of them have a clue what’s going on. Anne Budge is professional and I’m 1000% confident that Stendel will be here by weekend.

We can all chill now. Relax don’t do it he’s gonna come.

fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Zackly, he's been not a kick in the arse off being spot on. 

18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Agree with this.

We will come to an agreement with Barnsley, Barnsley and Stendel will come to an agreement and he will be in charge for the weekend.

Indeed

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot on mind when people said he preferred to stay down England and wouldn't touch us hmm 🤔

On Thurs 21st Nov I was told he had thanked us for our interest but he wasn’t interested right now as the financial situation with Barnsley was complex and he wasn’t keen on moving to Scotland. 

Spoke to same person yesterday and told that Stendel was in Edinburgh on Saturday for a meeting with us and negotiations were ongoing. Said a power of work been done by Budge on this but wasn’t over the line yet.

Nobody happier than me that we’ve talked him around. Start of a bright new era I hope 🤞🏻

StevenNaismith
50 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You don’t genuinely think he signed a deal last week without his backroom staff or looking into any money that may be due previous clubs? AB if anything is an astute businesswoman and there’s no danger she would have overlooked such sort of thing. 

Of course I don’t. My comment was merely pointing out how ridiculous it would be to state he signed last Tuesday when he did not. He’s still not signed. He has agreed terms with Hearts, just nothing signed as yet. 

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

Agree with this.

Yeah, I’m in that boat too.  Barnsley being wanks while legally probably right.  Their owners or whoever know their getting relegated and don’t want to blame anyone but the old head coach who tried as hard as he could, no they will be trying to appease the support or some shit. 

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Of course I don’t. My comment was merely pointing out how ridiculous it would be to state he signed last Tuesday when he did not. He’s still not signed. He has agreed terms with Hearts, just nothing signed as yet. 

Phew, thought so 👍😉

• davemclaren locked this topic