• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Derek Ferguson is the first of many. 

We have not appointed a guid scottish laddie as manager so its open season on HMFC.

Lets hope some of our fans dont fall for this rubbish early.

Killie manager gets praise all the time.  Just like Cathro people are allowed an opinion.  It’s exciting and a very ambitious appointment and it’s fantastic to hear of how the club have or are willing to pull out all the stops for the guy but he’s a gamble. I think personally if he does a good job and gets us top six by the end of the season he will be away to hull or some shit to go back down south.  I certainly don’t see it being long term either way. 

5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Looks like we are gonna have to pay out some cash no matter what. We either pay the compensation Barnsley want or we pay compensation to Stendel as a settlement of his contract with us that he signed last Tuesday......

You don’t genuinely think he signed a deal last week without his backroom staff or looking into any money that may be due previous clubs? AB if anything is an astute businesswoman and there’s no danger she would have overlooked such sort of thing. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hope there's still a role for Donald Park and Gary Naysmith but the rest can leave the building.

Ann would make a huge mistake by making MacPhee the d o f   That would be him and levein still on the payroll.

These two failed Ann.  No doubt they tried their best but it was nowhere near good enough.

Give the new coaching team clear air.

Can’t see park getting the boot he’ll prop go back to the young team 

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Last I heard was we had approached Barnsley this afternoon to negotiate this.

Why wouldn’t we do that before offering the guy the managers job like every other club in the world does? 

This thread on a Barnsley supporters forum is worth a read in relation to what they think about the situation - especially what they think about the owners and Paul Conway who is the guy saying they are due compensation.

Basically not happy with the owners and accusing them of sharp practices. Saying that they have deliberately kept Stendel on the books so any new club would have to pay up his contract to get him released and save them the money they are due for sacking him.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/interesting-comment-from-conway-in-mail-article-on-stendel.285882/page-2

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t believe Hearts didn’t know about this compensation thing, it was mentioned at the start. I also don’t know why it would hold up Stendal coming, he resigns and it’s over for Barnsley and we pay Stendal a signing on fee as compensation. It’s a load of bollocks. He probably said he’ll come in after Livi to work with the players for a few days. They wouldn’t have trained on Monday, today would be prep for Livi and tomorrow the game. He’ll have them in Thursday after watching them tomorrow night, get them ready for Well on Saturday after watching footage of the opposition.

That's not how it works, we won't be paying Stendel a signing on fee as such. We need to pay his club to release him from his contract and they pass on some payment to him as compensation.

If he just resigned and it wasn't accepted and signed for us he would be open to being pursued for breach of contract and we would also have broken the rules by signing someone under contract to another club.

Just now, Jamos86 said:

Can’t see park getting the boot he’ll prop go back to the young team 

DP should be at the forefront of everything as we move on. 

number witheld
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

You don’t genuinely think he signed a deal last week without his backroom staff or looking into any money that may be due previous clubs? AB if anything is an astute businesswoman and there’s no danger she would have overlooked such sort of thing. 

I think he believed all was sorted with Barnsley and Barnsley are now flying a kite looking for some cash

4 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Do we think he will be in the stands tomorrow night? 

No already stated earlier on the radio Scotland, he's coming back from Germany on Thursday.

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Looks like we are gonna have to pay out some cash no matter what. We either pay the compensation Barnsley want or we pay compensation to Stendel as a settlement of his contract with us that he signed last Tuesday......

Probably already been said, but if Barnsley have sacked him he isn't their employee.

So wtf should we be paying Stendel's ex employer a compensation sum for someone who used to work for them but doesn't anymore ?

It's a bit like the same logic used for the 50,000 new nurses tory statement.

Listening to sportsound now, Derek ferguson says he doesnt know anything about him but seems to think he wont excite supporters, im a supporter and im pretty excited about Stendel, Again another pundit who, to me sounds all too negative about our club.

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Derek Ferguson is the first of many. 

We have not appointed a guid scottish laddie as manager so its open season on HMFC.

Lets hope some of our fans dont fall for this rubbish early.

You watch Daniel will win them all around. 

6 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Just imagine having a loose cannon owner, think we can sympathise with Barnsley fans. This’ll be sorted IMO - Barnsley May sense our need and trying to bet on us crumbling and paying something even if not legal just to get it done. Brinksmanship. 

This is a good point. Anne Budge will fight her corner and therefore ours. I'm confident she will 100% be doing the best for Hearts.

Just now, number witheld said:

I think he believed all was sorted with Barnsley and Barnsley are now flying a kite looking for some cash

Why would we take the boys word for it without checking out the legalities of it though?  I don’t think that’s ABs style.  She will be clued up in recruitment law or have other advisors to assist.  

51 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Get a life FFS :cornette:

I reckon he might well be genuine but we’ll find out if Stendel does sign on Thursday and the McCann/Daly duo does transpire on the Football director side of things as he predicted. 

2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Probably already been said, but if Barnsley have sacked him he isn't their employee.

So wtf should we be paying Stendel's ex employer a compensation sum for someone who used to work for them but doesn't anymore ?

It's a bit like the same logic used for the 50,000 new nurses tory statement.

They haven’t sacked him.  He’s still their employee, evidently. 

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why wouldn’t we do that before offering the guy the managers job like every other club in the world does? 

Because Hearts thought that had been settled until their Chairman sprung it on them. 

Walter Bishop

If he turns us down or we cant get this deal done, Where do we go? I fear this could make or break our season.

Going to cost over £500k to get him released from contract and pay off current staff?  I really hope this guy is the answer or we are going to be in a right mess by the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

If he turns us down or we cant get this deal done, Where do we go? I fear this could make or break our season.

Elvis Mccann or some other losser

number witheld
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why would we take the boys word for it without checking out the legalities of it though?  I don’t think that’s ABs style.  She will be clued up in recruitment law or have other advisors to assist.  

Maybe we did and it’s down to interpretation. Not always black and white. Why believe Barnsley are right and not just trying to squeeze something out of us on the basis we are desperate.  

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Because Hearts thought that had been settled until their Chairman sprung it on them. 

We obv didnt do our due diligence in that case.  Our people surely knew his contract situation.

number witheld
1 minute ago, RonnieG said:

Going to cost over £500k to get him released from contract and pay off current staff?  I really hope this guy is the answer or we are going to be in a right mess by the end of the season. 

Where’s £500k come from? 

number witheld
2 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

We obv didnt do our due diligence in that case.  Our people surely knew his contract situation.

Or maybe Barnsley are trying one on. 

Edited by number witheld
Got rid of no and replaced with or cos I’m not ITK

1 minute ago, RonnieG said:

Maybe in a footballing sense, but financially, all it will mean is we lose the 500k or so we made for reaching the League Cup semi.

Don't think we budget to reach that  ?

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Make or break ?

This will be interesting coming from you.

4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Robinson I would think.

Sorry in advance.  Jesus has just beaten Pope to put Man City ahead.  What will they make of that in the Vatican?

Hard to connect that to Stendel but not worth it's own thread.

Bit of light relief.

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, number witheld said:

No maybe Barnsley are trying one on. 

Thanks. That's obviously what I was getting at. 

4 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

If that’s the figure then it’s not happening. Maybe an interim until end of season and either appoint stendel then or see who is available

5 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

How do you rate Ross so far?  We dumped him you know.  Just not good enough.

Great that you are so familiar with the compo figure?  Who told you?  Make it good.

JamboBornNBred
43 minutes ago, graygo said:

Brian McLaughlin (SP) mentioned it as being "a major issue" tonight on Sportsound.

Brain always over glorifies stuff.

6 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Where is the 500k figure coming from?

This is clearly a con on Barnsley’s point to try and get the attention of another club who will have the financial resources to pay it without flinching.  

Dicks.

4 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Maybe in a footballing sense, but financially, all it will mean is we lose the 500k or so we made for reaching the League Cup semi.

Don't think we budget to reach that  ?

6 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Where’s £500k come from? 

You guys not seen the article?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-and-man-city-discuss-aaron-hickey-during-talks-ann-budge-and-craig-levein-1331656

30 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

The delay, by all accounts in the media, is down to compensation. We will likely pay something but will want this to be as low as possible. The longer Stendel remains in Germany, and the contract unsigned, the less likely Barnsley are to get anything. They'll just have to continue paying him. Hopefully they will realise it is in their interests to resolve this, in a reasonable way. 

And the more likely another, better club will come after him   Need this tied up soon. 

13 minutes ago, JamboM003 said:

This thread on a Barnsley supporters forum is worth a read in relation to what they think about the situation - especially what they think about the owners and Paul Conway who is the guy saying they are due compensation.

Basically not happy with the owners and accusing them of sharp practices. Saying that they have deliberately kept Stendel on the books so any new club would have to pay up his contract to get him released and save them the money they are due for sacking him.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/interesting-comment-from-conway-in-mail-article-on-stendel.285882/page-2

Barnsley fans seem a really decent bunch . 

Hopefully they can ditch their owners and get back to being half decent . 

Seem to have a bit in common with us as a club .

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

How do you rate Ross so far?  We dumped him you know.  Just not good enough.

Great that you are so familiar with the compo figure?  Who told you?  Make it good.

Ah the standard response to anyone with a low post count.  Good lad.  Compo figure came from a journo.  Cost of getting him and releasing the current Hearts back team. 

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

You're not the same RonnieG that owns the Lochend mob, perchance?

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

DP should be at the forefront of everything as we move on. 

Wouldn’t argue with that, really like park good contacts too in the game 

This Conway guy at Barnsley sounds a right *****. There's every chance he's trying to sound the billy big baws and coming out with this "We're due money,  our lawyers have sent letters!" shite, for it to hit Ann's desk and her to go "Aye, that's exactly what we'd budgeted for, since we're not idiots", while the media stir up shite. 

Will sell Hickey to finance Stendel, Stern and Tonge compensation and wages. The money also to pay off existing coaching staff.

• davemclaren locked this topic