Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

If it is to look gormless, point at the pitch and look like a girl from behind he will excel in this role. If it involves him contributing to us being a winning football team he will not.

:lol: 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Is Stendel still in Germany and due in Scotland tomorrow? Sure I heard that on Sportsound last night? 

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Today hopefully it’s confirmed. Really excited by this 

Unlikely to be today given what’s been reported. I doubt Barnsley will be in any rush to play ball with us. The BBC also stated he would not be here to watch tonight’s game although no idea how accurate they are on that.

The club will want it sorted (especially if tonight doesn’t go to plan!!) but it wouldn’t surprise me to see this run into next week given the apparent state of play.

🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Unlikely to be today given what’s been reported. I doubt Barnsley will be in any rush to play ball with us. The BBC also stated he would not be here to watch tonight’s game although no idea how accurate they are on that.

The club will want it sorted (especially if tonight doesn’t go to plan!!) but it wouldn’t surprise me to see this run into next week given the apparent state of play.

🤷‍♂️

Ah well, not ideal but waited this long so another game or 2 won’t hurt

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

From the sound of things it will be tomorrow at the earliest that it will be announced.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Ah well, not ideal but waited this long so another game or 2 won’t hurt

Hope I’m wrong but I’m not expecting much in the next day or so. 

Not being funny but in any recruitment process as early on a the application you are asked about current contract situations and dates you are available from. I refuse to believe the Unicorn lady did not know all this shit at an early stage. This nonsense will cost us yet another defeat tonight and tomorrow will be one game closer to the end of the season. It is only the football side of things though so no urgency.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not being funny but in any recruitment process as early on a the application you are asked about current contract situations and dates you are available from. I refuse to believe the Unicorn lady did not know all this shit at an early stage. This nonsense will cost us yet another defeat tonight and tomorrow will be one game closer to the end of the season. It is only the football side of things though so no urgency.

She obviously did and Standel was under the impression he was free to sign.

AB hasn't done anything wrong here, it's Barnsley chancing their luck

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Take a break mate. :lol: We're no looking for a kitchen porter.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It has been known for people to misunderstand their own contract situations - speaking from personal experience.  No idea what is happening here but his agent seems to believe there is no contractual liability and Barnsley’s statements seem very vague on it as well. He wasn’t going to be in charge tonight anyway. 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It's entirely possible that we were told one thing re his contract and then the goalposts were moved once our interest was set in stone. You just bash on the bud if it suits you.

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Take a break mate. :lol: We're no looking for a Kitchen Porter.

We already have 4 executive kitchen porters and 6 executive microwave technicians.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

We already have 4 executive kitchen porters and 6 executive microwave technicians.

Ex coaching staff. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

It has been known for people to misunderstand their own contract situations - speaking from personal experience.  No idea what is happening here but his agent seems to believe there is no contractual liability and Barnsley’s statements seem very vague on it as well. He wasn’t going to be in charge tonight anyway. 

We either pull the plug or make him liable for it if this is the case.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Who is directing them? 

11 hours ago, j1964m said:

No he left a few weeks ago 

I know but was there not a bit of a stooshie about it at the time?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

We either pull the plug or make him liable for it if this is the case.

It all depends how much we really want him. That will drive the final outcome. 

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Who is directing them? 

Ah well you see there is actually an open position. Look on the website under Executive Director of Pot Noodles, Bovrils and Cup a Soups.

Edited by i8hibsh

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If Bransley had a genuine issue about Stendel being under contract why did they not start mouthing off when it was clear we were in talks with him - presumably without their permission.

But no, they wait until we want to appoint him creating maximum leverage.

No lawyer but having done bits and bobs there may be a waiver argument.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Take a day off ffs :sleeping2:

23 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

Is Stendel still in Germany and due in Scotland tomorrow? Sure I heard that on Sportsound last night? 

They said he was due to come in for today but wasn't now because of the compensation issue. 'Brian McLaughlin from Tynecastle'.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If Bransley had a genuine issue about Stendel being under contract why did they not start mouthing off when it was clear we were in talks with him - presumably without their permission.

But no, they wait until we want to appoint him creating maximum leverage.

No lawyer but having done bits and bobs there may be a waiver argument.

Who knows. The lawyers will be all over this at the moment. 

38 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I don’t get the excitement 

he had one decent season

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

he had one decent season

If we brought in Pep or Jurgen Klopp you would still manage to find something negative to say.

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

he had one decent season

So did zeefuik yet you cream your under crackers at the mere mention of his name!!!

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

he had one decent season

Agreed. 

He has done very little to be excited about.

Time will tell, we'll just have to hope for the best. Hopefully he's "lucky" with injuries.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

So did zeefuik yet you cream your under crackers at the mere mention of his name!!!

Yeh but he had a good season with us 

I was right about the keeper from Man Utd being rubbish and I got stick at the time for saying so 

just feel the same with this guy too.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Agreed. 

He has done very little to be excited about.

Time will tell, we'll just have to hope for the best. Hopefully he's "lucky" with injuries.

Exactly

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

he had one decent season

Having a manager could be something to be excited about...let them be

Let a little light into your life

Just now, Natural Orders said:

I was right about the keeper from Man Utd being rubbish and I got stick at the time for saying so 

So who’s to say Stendel won’t have a good season with us either?

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

His teams play high pressing, attacking football. 

That's enough to get me excited after the last few years of turgid pish of a player receiving the ball and their first thought is to stop, slow play down and look for a pass back the way. 

Yeh but our players are poo so can’t do that 

and we don’t have the money to sign many new ones 

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They said he was due to come in for today but wasn't now because of the compensation issue. 'Brian McLaughlin from Tynecastle'.

Ah right, ta 👍

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts and Stendel are both saying there is paperwork that proves that no fee is due. So the lawyers are looking it over. I'd much rather that than just pay money to Barnsley that we don't need to 

16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Also why does the compo issue stop him from watching a game of football?

It doesn’t but just imagine if things get really bogged down and he’s not finally appointed?  How would that look?

Edited by Heartsofgold

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

:4_1_72:

1 hour ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Firstly we’ll not be relegated, and secondly we all know who was to blame for the poor start to the season, and it wasn’t Stendel. 

Rock bottom - 3/1 to stay up, get some heavy ££ on you not getting relegated then mate.

Im not saying the fans blame Stendel but they will want a scapegoat, it’s how every football club dictatorship works. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Yeh but our players are poo so can’t do that 

and we don’t have the money to sign many new ones 

If our players are poo and we don't have money to replace them....what exactly are you expecting from  any new manager.

Tell us which manager who has done more than very little would excite you and would realistically join Hearts?

AlphonseCapone
14 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Please take this in the right spirit, you're the worst poster on here.

34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

She obviously did and Standel was under the impression he was free to sign.

AB hasn't done anything wrong here, it's Barnsley chancing their luck

Why would a multi million pound business take the word of a former footballer instead of looking into the legalities long before now?  It was reported a couple of weeks ago he was still under contract and just like the seat ordering fiasco it’s just taken as a given that everything is all good. 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Please take this in the right spirit, you're the worst poster on here.

too polite man.

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why would a multi million pound business take the word of a former footballer instead of looking into the legalities long before now?  It was reported a couple of weeks ago he was still under contract and just like the seat ordering fiasco it’s just taken as a given that everything is all good. 

Because Barnsley are at it?

That they waited till this stage, as they were always going to do, to try to force a payment out of panic? 

Introduce some hidden legal conditions such as image rights not obvious to anyone including Stendel? 

• davemclaren locked this topic