*** Heart of Midlothian v Rangers (League Cup Semi Final) Official Match Thread ***

kila

I’d like to see us attack with more width.  I understand with no Mulraney and Walker it’s hard but even try and involve Hickey and White a bit more in attacks.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

Dave McCreery's knee

For me this all goes back to the ripping apart of the championship winning team. They had pace and ability and a winning mentality and seemed to care about the club. With a couple of quality additions each window, i think we’d have seen constant improvement. Now we have players with no affinity to the club or each other. The huge turnover, hit or miss transfer policy has been an utter disaster. I’d go as far as to question who is benefiting from all this transfer activity - agent fees?!

Wow a lot of keyboard warriors out tonight

Truth is that AB has to be held partly responsible for this mess. After the sorry state that last season was from October, CL should have been punted at the end of last season. 

He was given the summer transfer budget and questionable signings. Walker. He’s injury prone and anyone would be lucky to get half a season out of him. Washington, we needed a goal scorer yet brought in someone yet again with an NI connection who will be lucky to get 10 in a season. Extending Doyle’s contract, why. 

Watching just now and an old man like Steven Davis is running away from Irving. We are not for enough and that will haunt us the rest of this season

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'd rather read i8 than the absolute apologetic pish you and your like have dribbled on this board defending that utterly clueless prick for the past year. And still you cried in your hankies when he got punted.

No wonder the club is soft as shite with the likes of you.

🤣

Bravo!!!👏

pettigrewsstylist
17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Good to see Naisy back though 🙂

Be interesting to see if he makes next week.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

That’s for sure.

Thread’s getting a wee bit tasty eh?  :lol: 

Lol isn’t it just 🙈🙈🙈😂

Austin has been incredibly unlucky.

MacLean having to be subbed for his own sake and then losing two key players in Whelan and Smith made a very difficult task well nigh impossible. Even our best team could have lost 3-0 to this Rangers side. Considering the makeshift team that has played for most of the second half, we have done well not to be on the wrong end of a cricket score. The real test will be St Mirren next Saturday.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

That’s for sure.

Thread’s getting a wee bit tasty eh?  :lol: 

Nah, not really Morgan. I used to see the same from the bairns when my daughter was at nursery.

I see meshino has had a skill and desire removed from him, like every other player who signs for us.

Hickey is suffering from the same.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Be interesting to see if he makes next week.

Probably be feeling a ‘wee twinge’ by Friday.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, gnasher75 said:

MacLean having to be subbed for his own sake and then losing two key players in Whelan and Smith made a very difficult task well nigh impossible. Even our best team could have lost 3-0 to this Rangers side. Considering the makeshift team that has played for most of the second half, we have done well not to be on the wrong end of a cricket score. The real test will be St Mirren next Saturday.

Team selection was shocking for someone trying to stake a place as manager. Utterly useless decisions made today

Just now, whodanny said:

Nah, not really Morgan. I used to see the same from the bairns when my daughter was at nursery.

:lol: 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, jambopilms said:

I see meshino has had a skill and desire removed from him, like every other player who signs for us.

Hickey is suffering from the same.

Hickey has been gash. Really starting to look like a wee boy in a mans league

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'd rather read i8 than the absolute apologetic pish you and your like have dribbled on this board defending that utterly clueless prick for the past year. And still you cried in your hankies when he got punted.

No wonder the club is soft as shite with the likes of you.

🤣

Hardly cried, gie yersel peace. Just didn’t think the personal insults are needed towards anyone in our club but you bash on :thumbsup:

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

JJ as new Sporting Director?

Almost exactly what Paulo did against Celtic when we won the Cup against Hibs

Ye. I like how he talks about the game. 

Majestic Davis according to Craigan, we should bring in their manager as an assistant manager with Keith Lasley head of scouting

4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

You obviously miss a lot of i8’s posts then 

She does have to take some responsibility for the state of the first team due to her letting levein stay as long as she did.  

1 minute ago, Kearney13 said:

Not as many injurys as us. 

It's still early doors. 

January is just round the corner. 

Hearts will pick up 

Have some optimism 

Their squads are much smaller to start with,so a lower number of injuries  will have as big an effect. Livingston lost a number of players over the close season as well. and across the board,theoretically not the same quality to start with..

Our squad players should be up to handling these sort of matches, but they patently are not.

January I think we will need to shift players before we can sign any, and who will want them?

Blind optimism is simply failing to see the wood for the trees.

It is early thank god, but it will be too late before you know it.

Hopefully a new manager will have the desired effect, but he really has his work cut out.

Two more injuries to key players today, but lets not worry:phface:

Bazzas right boot

We won't get better until the likes of

Walker, Naismith, Whelan, Washington play regularly instead of Clare, Wighton, Irving and Bozanic 

Them along with Maclean  shouldn't be starting or even playing in such big games for us. 

Haring, Souttar, Mulraney and Halkett will also improve us and give us options. 

This result was always on the cards if they scored first but our mindset and the decision not to start Uche was poor. 

Mind boggling not play Uche over Maclean. 

It should have been ten
Just now, FruitJuice said:

She does have to take some responsibility for the state of the first team due to her letting levein stay as long as she did.  

Fair enough 

8 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Guess Michael Stewart was wrong about everything being alright now that Craig Levein has gone.

CL has to take most of the responsibility for what you are watching right now. This is legacy stuff and it’s feckin painful to watch. 

Full marks to all the Hearts supporters who made the trip to Hampden today.

They deserved better than having to watch that inept display.

BRAVEHEART1874

This year hearts signings were a gamble again and it has worked out  badly.  We are basically still a team full of crocks and  I still wait too see if harring, walker, naismith, washington, whelan, halket can play together in the same game.

Until then thank for making the cheats look good today ffs techno slurp time. 

45 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Aidy White is having an awful game and can't even do the basics like tracking his man. 

All goes back to Levein 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Team selection was shocking for someone trying to stake a place as manager. Utterly useless decisions made today

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I agree. 

It’s like a bairn playing football manager leaving their best players on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He must have actually believed the changing of the team was going to give us more of a chance for victory today, it obviously didn't work out so well and it is alarming that someone knowing the squad so well can think that, his audition didn't go well!

Just now, sadj said:

Naismith was deliberate according to Craigan but Defoe was just protecting himself? 

Par for the feckin course.

I’m away to wash my hair now.  :wave1:

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Agreed 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

why did he select McLean?

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Indeed. Well done to them. There was no danger I was spending 100 quid all on to go and watch that shite, but fair play to them, they deserve a refund.

5 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Scottish League Cup Final now as boring and bigotry-ridden as SPFL Premier.

Media touching themselves at the prospect as always

Anyone who thinks a new manager will suddenly turn this collection of cripples and heartless losers into a team that wins regularly is kidding themselves. 

Teams like Hamilton and St Mirren expect to be at the lower end of the table and will fight and scratch for every ball, every week. Do you see our team doing that? I don’t. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Naismith was deliberate according to Craigan but Defoe was just protecting himself? 

No biased though according to Newco fans.

Just now, gator said:

He must have actually believed the changing of the team was going to give us more of a chance for victory today, it obviously didn't work out so well and it is alarming that someone knowing the squad so well can think that, his audition didn't go well!

Think he was trying to be too clever and out think everyone

A bit like his set pieces