*** Heart of Midlothian v Rangers (League Cup Semi Final) Official Match Thread ***

kila

Tbh we all expected this, maybe even worse, 

Lot of  infighting  on the forum just now and again most people have a point wether it be  the team selections players attitude, injuries etc   I could go on and on

I know certain players will be punted eventually and rightly so, But for me it all starts next week, clean slate , let's galvanise and push ahead, but now is the time to look forwards not backwards as hard as that might be 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Bazzas right boot

• Morgan

Just now, Tricks said:

Herself.. started out with good intentions no doubt.. has let ger ego get in the way of what is more important than anything else hmfc winning games of football.. the fans don't give a toss about anything else

Aye ok

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Maclean should be ashamed of his performance and attitude. Should never play again.

This.

Is he just incredibly thick, or does he not care?

7 minutes ago, Tricks said:

Need to get budge out next.. no one in their right mind would let heart of midlothian fc get to this level of turmoil before making changes.. only in it for one thing

Duh! Totally brainless nonsense. Get a grip FFS.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Totally agree. If AM stood idly and quietly by for last 2 yrs with regards tactics, signings and lineups then he wont have the gonads to mange the famous maroon.

It’s always the danger sometimes. Genuinely thought through our time with CL that someone from the coaching team and in the background would see what we all see and had an opportunity to change tactic today 

If they all share the same idea on how to play football as Craig does then they all have to go. Simple as that 

That was a Levein performance, don't think for a minute MacPhee is getting the job,

Levein, MacPhee all the same, so who's tactics was being used week in, week out, get the whole team of coaches out now,getting Levein removed is just scratching the surface imo

40 minutes ago, Kearney13 said:

The negativity with Hearts on this site is gone to a new high. Hence I never post on here now. 

If you don't support the team just stay away instead of posting on here constantly like children. 

Well said. 

Nothing but children throwing tantrums.

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Maclean should be ashamed of his performance and attitude. Should never play again.

Wasn’t just Maclean’s fault but I agree. Would have rather seen a younger guy in there  and maybe making an arse of it and learning from it than that shocking performance from a middle aged journeyman 

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Disgraceful! Should never pull on another Hearts strip.

Just now, Spoleto said:

Well said. 

Correct. Main brain dead idiots forgetting that you could get beat 3-0 by rangers with a fully fit and motivated squad. We are not in a good place, we all know that. Folk expecting it to be fixed overnight.

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'd rather read i8 than the absolute apologetic pish you and your like have dribbled on this board defending that utterly clueless prick for the past year. And still you cried in your hankies when he got punted.

No wonder the club is soft as shite with the likes of you.

🤣

This, we’ve been soft as shite for far too long under this regime.

1 minute ago, Fareastjambo said:

The damage done to this club by CL is going to take a long time to repair. 

Sums up the unfortunate shambles we find ourselves in and it’s bonkers to think that we need a complete rebuild but that is what is absolutely needed. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Pereira’s kicking was horrendous but aye he did ok. Still looks a bit bombscare. 

Thought I was very much in the minority sharing this view. The way he drops crosses scares the bejesus out of me. No positives from that today for me though it did help confirm what I already knew in that a couple of players shouldn't be extended the privilege of wearing that top again -  Wighton & Clare.  Few others not far behind but at least their issue was one of experience or ability not effort.

avhudtheteeshirt
2 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Please god no more wighton, clare, bozanic and white in a maroon jersey. These guys are absolute imposters.

At the moment we would be fielding about 9 players, if we got rid of them all???

Craig Wighton??? The mind boggles cost about 250k, couldn't get a game with dundee, probably still wouldn't get a game with dundee.. morrison macdonald and cochrane have shown and contributed far more when given limited game time.. sums us up

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Well said. 

This is an honest question lads... i’m actually really genuinely intrigued.. and i don’t mean that in a cheeky way.. How should we all be reacting tonight ? 

6 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

This.

Is he just incredibly thick, or does he not care?

I actually think he has genuinely limited intelligence given his behaviour in both years League Cup semis.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That today just sums up the poor squad we let CL and his dud coaches assemble. No where near Hearts standards. 

cardboardcutout
16 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The most interesting element of the afternoon is Robinson is now 4/7.

We need more than a manager from another diddy Scottish team who are used to beng pumped by the infirm too! 

3 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

At the moment we would be fielding about 9 players, if we got rid of them all???

Thats a fair point mate.. squad building gone badly wrong eh.. 

jambogirlglasgow
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I actually think he has genuinely limited intelligence given his behaviour in both years League Cup semis.

Yes I think so too. He doesn’t seem the full shilling. 

This is an honest question lads... i’m actually really genuinely intrigued.. and i don’t mean that in a cheeky way.. How should we all be reacting tonight ? 

The same way Aberdeen and everybody else who are comfortably beaten by the overwhelming budgets of the OF. Move on. 

Before the game I could see McPhee's thinking, Uche removes the opportunity to try and play football, also despite popular opinion that he "terrorised their defence" at Tynecastle, he never scored so in a sense his decision was justified. 

Clare and Mashino offer nothing from a defensive position hence all the space down the wings, don't offer much offensively either. 

Just a thoroughly dreadful performance all in though by everyone. 

Maybe not act like we should have been transformed from relegation candidates to world beaters three days after levein leaving.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

The same way Aberdeen and everybody else who are comfortably beaten by the overwhelming budgets of the OF. Move on. 

I don’t give two hoots about Aberdeen or anyone else. What I saw from hearts today was unacceptable. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Guffers said:

What exactly were you expecting from todays game with a team short on confidence playing against a Rangers team full of multi million pound footballers?

And just to cap it all off we lose ANOTHER TWO players to injuries in the process.

Rangers are not our benchmark.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I don’t give two hoots about Aberdeen or anyone else. What I saw from hearts today was unacceptable. 

Ok. Bring in Mourinho and throw multi millions at it like the OF do?

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe not act like we should have been transformed from relegation candidates to world beaters three days after levein leaving.

Agree with that but anybody who is passionate about the club is going to be irked by the amount of absolute passengers in that side today

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

No one should be criticised for criticising that performance.That is all people are doing.  They may be stating the obvious but no less relevant. And this team deserves it all.

First of all, it has to be said that we were very poor today and our defending was, at times, appalling - particularly for the first 2 goals.  We are also playing with a complete lack of confidence.  In truth, that is understandable given our form this season.

However, once again we have seen the fundamental problem with Scottish football writ large.  McLean gets booked in the first half for a challenge that did not appear from the pictures to involve any contact with the defender's face.  He then had to be substituted for his own good after playing on after the whistle and getting a completely unnecessary talking to from Beaton.  We then see a succession of challenges which are worse than McLean's and which result in only free kicks - especially Morelos and one by possibly Helander(?) in the first half.  In the second half Beaton decides to randomly book Naismith after a bunch of Sevco players start pushing and shoving after Naismith is fouled.  Finally, Defoe only gets a yellow card for an elbow in the face which really should have been red.

To cap it all, we also have a stonewall penalty not given after 76 minutes.  Now, I'm not suggesting that makes any difference to the final result, or even that we would have scored a penalty.  However, that is not the point.  2 goals down with 13/14 minutes left, we have a better chance than 3 goals down.

As I said at the beginning, we weren't good enough today.  However, all the little decisions (and some big ones) went the way of Sevco.  I foolishly thought that the demise of the Cheats of Govan might have changed Scottish football for the better.  It did not and I am resigned to the fact that it never will.  All I really have left is the hope that Sevco never manage to stop Celtic from winning titles and Cups and they eventually go bust again.  Of course that it pretty pointless too since the GFA will find a way to ensure that Scotland's shame can just start again.

Really? was anyone actually expecting that  or saying they expected that ? Was still a shocker of a performance And i think we’re just racting to that. From some players that was just absolutely not acceptable. Bozanic turning his back on tavernier for the second goal ? Jesus wept. 

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Ok. Bring in Mourinho and throw multi millions at it like the OF do?

to save me looking through all my posts, where did I say that?

how many soft goals can be explained away by our budget. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, jockmac said:

Well said.

Aidie White is another who is woefully short on quality, another honking signing who should never be in maroon.

Lets hope we get Moyes in. He will obliterate all who had a hand in these signings, and totally transform the Hearts scouting system.

Keane did a better job at Sunderland than Moyes. 

Not that it matters as we have no chance of any of them.

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, Tricks said:

Craig Wighton??? The mind boggles cost about 250k, couldn't get a game with dundee, probably still wouldn't get a game with dundee.. morrison macdonald and cochrane have shown and contributed far more when given limited game time.. sums us up

Rather have aeen Keena today. AM has already ruined his chance with me. Not becaue of 3-0 going on 7. Becasue he thought those two would do ANY sort of job up top today. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

to save me looking through all my posts, where did I say that?

You're saying being beaten by an OF team who hammer pretty much everybody else in the league is unacceptable. What's your solution to their overwhelming advantage?

That was not a stonewall penalty. Maclean was told to run about get in thier faces and was always going to be taken off at half time, as was sh!ghton but Glenn's injury stopped that, as did M.Smiths, Naismith and Uche were going to br on at half time, with walker introduced about 70 min mark. 

Injuries stopped that. Whilst I disagree that hickey should have been moved to CB, we had to get some kind of forward minded player on 

7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

What exactly were you expecting from todays game with a team short on confidence playing against a Rangers team full of multi million pound footballers?

And just to cap it all off we lose ANOTHER TWO players to injuries in the process.

The result is not the issue.. like Wednesday.. it is the performance or conplete lack off one that is so concerning

I don't rate Maclean at all and was unhappy that we signed him in the first place.

In saying that I think the personal abuse on him is shocking and typical off the troll like behaviour of some "supporters".

His yellow card was VERY soft and his talking to after closing down Macgregor (which wasn't a foul) was simply a ploy by Beaton to allow hime to be sent off at the next opportunity. 

Meanwhile Morelos has 6,7,8 fouls and Beaton does nothing. 

It's not a level playing field in more ways than one.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Of course not Spoleto.. I had no expectation of a result today. I understand your point and totally agree with that view. Their first team against what we could cobble together on low confidence. I’m not throwing my toys but some of those guys out there were extremely poor today regardless of our position.

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You're saying being beaten by an OF team who hammer pretty much everybody else in the league is unacceptable. What's your solution to their overwhelming advantage?

Think he meant the performance rather than the actual result itself. Can hardly disagree with that.

We didn’t do ourselves any justice today at all In terms of how we played

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Again, you’ll need to find where I said that. 

Do you normally find putting words in people mouths an effective debating strategy?

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Think he meant the performance rather than the actual result itself. Can hardly disagree with that.

We didn’t do ourselves any justice today at all In terms of how we played

My view is that no one in this league outside the obvious can look good against them. 

22 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Duh! Totally brainless nonsense. Get a grip FFS.

So you think she should not take any blame whatsoever for our current predicament? 

2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

First of all, it has to be said that we were very poor today and our defending was, at times, appalling - particularly for the first 2 goals.  We are also playing with a complete lack of confidence.  In truth, that is understandable given our form this season.

However, once again we have seen the fundamental problem with Scottish football writ large.  McLean gets booked in the first half for a challenge that did not appear from the pictures to involve any contact with the defender's face.  He then had to be substituted for his own good after playing on after the whistle and getting a completely unnecessary talking to from Beaton.  We then see a succession of challenges which are worse than McLean's and which result in only free kicks - especially Morelos and one by possibly Helander(?) in the first half.  In the second half Beaton decides to randomly book Naismith after a bunch of Sevco players start pushing and shoving after Naismith is fouled.  Finally, Defoe only gets a yellow card for an elbow in the face which really should have been red.

To cap it all, we also have a stonewall penalty not given after 76 minutes.  Now, I'm not suggesting that makes any difference to the final result, or even that we would have scored a penalty.  However, that is not the point.  2 goals down with 13/14 minutes left, we have a better chance than 3 goals down.

As I said at the beginning, we weren't good enough today.  However, all the little decisions (and some big ones) went the way of Sevco.  I foolishly thought that the demise of the Cheats of Govan might have changed Scottish football for the better.  It did not and I am resigned to the fact that it never will.  All I really have left is the hope that Sevco never manage to stop Celtic from winning titles and Cups and they eventually go bust again.  Of course that it pretty pointless too since the GFA will find a way to ensure that Scotland's shame can just start again.

Keep the faith - who would have thought we'd see Rangers go out of business in our lifetime? Folks look for it to happen again. Why? Once is enough. I review anything positive  on the pitch with this ultimate failure. 

9 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I agree with all of this, except the penalty claim. I thought it was at first but having seen it again it wasn't, or if it was it would have been very soft.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

My view is that no one in this league outside the obvious can look good against them. 

1 goal in our last 6 games. 

7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

That was not a stonewall penalty. Maclean was told to run about get in thier faces and was always going to be taken off at half time, as was sh!ghton but Glenn's injury stopped that, as did M.Smiths, Naismith and Uche were going to br on at half time, with walker introduced about 70 min mark. 

Injuries stopped that. Whilst I disagree that hickey should have been moved to CB, we had to get some kind of forward minded player on 

I am not MacLean fan and don’t think he is good enough for Hearts but he done exactly what he was told to do today. He got done by a yellow card that was never a yellow card in a million years.