Odds on next manager

DB-14

cardboardcutout
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

And the Everton job could be available again fairly soon if their results don't pick up sharpish!

Never go back! Ask levein!

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

And the Everton job could be available again fairly soon if their results don't pick up sharpish!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Shanks said no

If Moyes was out of our league, how about his last assistant at WHU, Stuart Pearce?

Although I see he is working on and off for Pompey

17 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

Shortlist 🤗

Imagine the seethe if Shelley (jambo) Kerr was appointed 😂

I’d disown the club if they appointed Shelley Kerr. 

Bazzas right boot

Moyes would be un****ing real. 

I'd welcome our name change. 

"David Moyes's Hearts" 

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Was gonna say him seems steady enough but both Newcastle and Brighton ditched him for no apparent reason! But we’d never afford him anyway.

They ditched him because he plays the most defensive, negative anti-football you will ever see.  

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It's not happening. 

I wouldn't know whether to piss my pants at the reaction with laughter or cry. 

24 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

Shortlist 🤗

Imagine the seethe if Shelley (jambo) Kerr was appointed 😂

Would be worth it just for i8’s reaction alone 😎

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not happening. 

I wouldn't know whether to piss my pants at the reaction with laughter or cry. 

God don’t go there 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Even if she appointed Hope Solo as her assistant? 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I wouldn't want her in charge of the women's side, let alone the men's.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Steve Robinson
5/4
Jack Ross
3/1
David Moyes
5/1
John Robertson
9/1

😫

😫

🤞🏻

😍 but no! Leave legend status alone.

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Tenner on Roy Keane 

Carragher would like that to happen. Scared of him on the park and now scared of him in the studio! 😄 

17 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Even if she appointed Hope Solo as her assistant? 

Even If Hope Solo was the Assistant. Mind you I reckon Hope Solo would take the whole squad at the same time and that might work as a motivational tool. 

17 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I wouldn't want her in charge of the women's side, let alone the men's.

This.

I want Aitor Karanka. I'd never heard of him till I saw his name in the betting but it's agreat name so that'll do. Sounds like a Spanish cuss word

Bazzas right boot
Just now, weehammy said:

A bit like that TV programme, 'Tony Robinson's First World War'!

I was thinking more along the lines of Steven Gerrards rangers. 

But aye. 🤔

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I want Aitor Karanka. I'd never heard of him till I saw his name in the betting but it's agreat name so that'll do. Sounds like a Spanish cuss word

Jose assistant at Real Madrid for 3 years

Realistically I’d be happy with Stephen Robinson. 

David Moyes would be a big name but could he cut the mustard? I fear he’d also set us up defensively. 

Would be a funny reversal if Robinson came in - All the people calling for Levein's head would be creaming themselves and all those who supported Levein for longer would be calling for "FFS no, Robinson oot!"

I just hope it is someone with no links to Hearts or even Scottish football who plays attacking football...

coatbridgejambo
4 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Tenner on Roy Keane 

Would take Keane in a heart beat.always hated him as a player but like how he comes across on tv. Not a great reason I no but hey ho

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Realistically I’d be happy with Stephen Robinson. 

David Moyes would be a big name but could he cut the mustard? I fear he’d also set us up defensively. 

why the **** would you be happy with a guy who finished 7th and 8th in the league in last 2 seasons 😂 madness

18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I just hope it is someone with no links to Hearts or even Scottish football who plays attacking football...

My hope as well.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

why the **** would you be happy with a guy who finished 7th and 8th in the league in last 2 seasons 😂 madness

And who we pumped out the cup this season at home. 

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Where’d you expect him to finish with Motherwell? He’s 3rd just now and got them to two cup finals. That’s pretty decent given their budget. 

Were you happy when JJ was appointed? Because before Hearts he was relegated with Falkirk.

Folk can step up you know. I don’t know who you would want to replace Levein but Robinson is a very realistic option. 

This is Hearts, not Man City, we don’t have the money to pay managers anything over 200-300k a year.

Any appoint we make will have an element of risk attached. We can’t get a top manager. The managers that are available have failed elsewhere and been sacked as a result. The managers that are successful are eyeing up more lucrative moves elsewhere. The reality and the cold hard truth some folk are going to have to accept is that if we’re taking a manager from another club, it’ll be someone who is stepping up, not down.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Wonder where the sun got wind of the angry words in the dressing room after last nights game, I wonder if the players have had enough also.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And who we pumped out the cup this season at home. 

Away. But we did pump them at home last season in the League Cup. AET.

He only won 5 out of the first 20 league matches last season. Not convinced. Think we can do better. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Where’d you expect him to finish with Motherwell? He’s 3rd just now and got them to two cup finals. That’s pretty decent given their budget. 

Were you happy when JJ was appointed? Because before Hearts he was relegated with Falkirk.

Folk can step up you know. I don’t know who you would want to replace Levein but Robinson is a very realistic option. 

This is Hearts, not Man City, we don’t have the money to pay managers anything over 200-300k a year.

Any appoint we make will have an element of risk attached. We can’t get a top manager. The managers that are available have failed elsewhere and been sacked as a result. The managers that are successful are eyeing up more lucrative moves elsewhere. The reality and the cold hard truth somebody folk are going to have to accept is that if we’re taking a manager from another club, it’ll be someone who is stepping up, not down.

motherwell under Robinson have never been anything other than average, they have not in any way performed above expectation, he stuck by donkeys like Curtis Main and their fans aren’t bothered their arse if he leaves or not..

Craig Levein got us 2 a final and 2 * semi finals, cup runs mean absolutely **** all.. knocking out Motherwell

on the way

there are countless better candidates. An incredibly unimaginative dull pishy and expensive appointment IMO. 

Im a bit meh on him tbh. 

We have an opportunity to do something special here. Lets not waste it on a Motherwell manager eh!

kingantti1874

Quote from steel men online

Robinson’s record is patchy IMO. Granted, the season has started well however we’ve also played, previously,  some of the worst and most brutal football I’ve ever seen in a Motherwell jersey under him. 

Bazzas right boot

Robinson is the better option from our league. 

But he's not an exciting appointment. 

He's just another appointment. One we've done 50 times before. 

Take the on form manager from one of the smaller sides next door to us. 

Yawn. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

motherwell under Robinson have never been anything other than average, they have not in any way performed above expectation, he stuck by donkeys like Curtis Main and their fans aren’t bothered their arse if he leaves or not..

Craig Levein got us 2 a final and 2 * semi finals, cup runs mean absolutely **** all.. knocking out Motherwell

on the way

there are countless better candidates. An incredibly unimaginative dull pishy and expensive appointment IMO. 

They’re Motherwell mate. What do you expect them to achieve? 

Name one realistic candidate? 

kingantti1874
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

They’re Motherwell mate. What do you expect them to achieve? 

Name one realistic candidate? 

there are loads of realistic candidates FFS, loon at the managers Kilmarnock have picked up.. Robinson has done nothing to warrant this gig. Absolutely nothing - an absolutely Meh appointment.. one quick glance at the motherwell forums suggests they’d hardly be upset - in fact quite a number absolutely delighted to get a fee for him. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Away. But we did pump them at home last season in the League Cup. AET.

He only won 5 out of the first 20 league matches last season. Not convinced. Think we can do better. 

I meant he was at home. 

I agree with the sentiment tho. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

there are loads of realistic candidates FFS, loon at the managers Kilmarnock have picked up.. Robinson has done nothing to warrant this gig. Absolutely nothing - an absolutely Meh appointment.. one quick glance at the motherwell forums suggests they’d hardly be upset - in fact quite a number absolutely delighted to get a fee for him. 

If there’s loads, name one? 

The_razors_edge

I’ll be distraught if, after finally getting rid of CL, we actively seek out and pay for Stephen Robinson. A totally uninspiring and underwhelming appointment.