General Election 2019

Shanks said no

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m not but let’s not just talk shit and say the economy is worse than it was ten years ago?  Blatant bullshit doesn’t help anyone.

Equality is worse I will grant and is one of the reasons why for the 100th time I am not voting for them.  

You've voted in 100 elections? Wow.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Also it’s easy to throw around lines like the moral minimum to help those in society.  But where’s the evidence that an independent Scotland would?  You hope and believe it would but you don’t know.  The current Scottish government hasn’t despite being in power for years.  Your opinion and beliefs are that with more power they may do but you don’t know.

For the record as said before I won’t be voting conservatives in the election as there is far too much I don’t agree with.  But not liking them doesn’t translate to suddenly wanting independence

You're correct, but that drives at my point--that it's not really about the hardest of hard facts in the end, it's about what lengths you're willing to go and what you're willing to put up as collateral for the possibility of a better future for everyone, yourself included.

I have watched conservatism destroy the United States. I have read about it destroy the working class in this country starting 40 years ago and I have watched part of its carnage the past four. I am sufficiently convinced that something needs to change, knowing full well it would be naive in the extreme to pretend to know what the future will bring if that change is to come.

maroonlegions

Corbyn stays behind and talks to  people after the cameras cut, meanwhile Boris the slug cant get of there quick enough... Judge that for yourself, who is the biggest coward, facing  people or fecking off..   The truth does not fear investigation, unlike Boris and  all his lies past and present.

75576460_1033668256970629_6858869704342110208_n.png

77022473_10156420258511150_7507951949824655360_o.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m not but let’s not just talk shit and say the economy is worse than it was ten years ago?  Blatant bullshit doesn’t help anyone.

Equality is worse I will grant and is one of the reasons why for the 100th time I am not voting for them.  

Worse off than 10 years ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/17/britons-are-still-worse-off-than-in-2008-new-research-claims

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/13302

An excerpt:

We should never stop reminding ourselves just what an astonishing decade we have just lived through, and continue to live through. The UK economy has broken record after record, and not generally in a good way: record low earnings growth, record low interest rates, record low productivity growth, record public borrowing followed by record cuts in public spending. 

Shanks said no

Jo Swinson currently acting like an irritatingly enthusiastic school teacher as she launches her manifesto.

Don't like the green dress

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Jo Swinson currently acting like an irritatingly enthusiastic school teacher as she launches her manifesto.

She is as slippery as they come, the green goblin..

So does anyone fancy starting a "Who are you going to vote for?" poll? It will be a wee bit skewed as we don't all live in Scotland, but the results might be interesting.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So does anyone fancy starting a "Who are you going to vote for?" poll? It will be a wee bit skewed as we don't all live in Scotland, but the results might be interesting.

If you do make it public so we can see who's intending to vote for the nasty lizard party...

Brighton Jambo
Just now, redjambo said:

:D Must be all those baths in virgins' blood.

FFS is a man not entitled to any privacy these days.  

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

If you do make it public so we can see who's intending to vote for the nasty lizard party...

The problem is that supporters of all the parties appear to believe that the other parties, or at least their main opponents, are the "nasty lizard party".

jack D and coke
Just now, redjambo said:

The problem is that supporters of all the parties appear to believe that the other parties, or at least their main opponents, are the "nasty lizard party".

Yeah it’s the “I’m right and you’re completely wrong”. 
Im guilty myself. 

29 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The dress is much better than who's wearing it.

She wants to build a better world a better future for all, yet when asked whether she'd use nuclear weapons she replies yes without a moments hesitation, not even a pause of a second or two to consider her answer.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jo-swinson-nuclear-weapon-button-war-lib-dems-election-debate-a9210456.html

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The dress is much better than who's wearing it.

She wants to build a better world a better future for all, yet when asked whether she'd use nuclear weapons she replies yes without a moments hesitation, not even a pause of a second or two to consider her answer.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jo-swinson-nuclear-weapon-button-war-lib-dems-election-debate-a9210456.html

Another mentalist that wants power then.

Nuclear weapons ffs. Are these people that stupid to realise what it means if one of them is used? 

NIC giveaway by the Tories.   

Meaningful once fully rolled out (up to 5 years and if it even is fully rolled out) but completely pointless,  token gesture in it's first tranche.     Decreasing revenues with next to zero benefit for hard pressed people.

Tiny tax break for the general population = impending large tax break for the wealthy.     Expect a post-election increase to the higher rate threshhold and other one-offs like another adjustment to stamp duty and inheritance tax,  etc.      The big breaks for the well off wont be in the manifesto.    They will mysteriously come forward later.

NI threshold increase means an average of £2 a month in your back pocket

And also means even less money in the system to pay for the ever-increasing numbers of state pensioners

Who mostly vote Tory

:fonzie:

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Although I dont disagree with that, I have to say there has only ever been one nasty lizard party. 

They're already selling it in the terms of the figures the threshhold increases by instead of the resultant reduction in contributions.     Why be surprised when half a dozen hospital refurbs was sold as 40 new hospitals?

Folks missing the potential biggest part of the proposed NI threshold increase.

By raising the threshold, the very lowest paid and or those on zero hour contracts and others right at the very bottom, could very well not be paying either income tax or NI, great brilliant many might think, but try getting benefits when you haven't paid enough or any NI or indeed a state pension for that matter.

3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

So tax cuts for people on low incomes are now a bad thing because Tories. :whistling:

Tax cuts that provide a tangible benefit for low earners,   balanced out by redistributing the cost on to others would be a good step.      Crumbs from the table with much larger giveaways to come for those who don't need it is a bad thing.

59 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

So tax cuts for people on low incomes are now a bad thing because Tories. :whistling:

It is if it prevents them from claiming benefits or qualifying for a state pension.

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Tax cuts for the poorest are always welcome.

Shame it's such a pishy wee cut when compared to the big fat chunks the rich have gotten over the last ten years.

And it's amusing that this cut is to NI, which pays the pensions of the Tory voting base.

They're actually voting to put the pensions system under even more strain.

Tory backpedalling in full swing now:

NI contributions threshold is currently £8,632.

Rather than raising this to £12,500 which BoJo promised last night, it's only actually being risen to £9,500.

This works out as £2 a week per worker.

The £12,500 figure is now being called "an ambition for the future"

:rofl:

That lasted long, eh?

dobmisterdobster
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It is if it prevents them from claiming benefits or qualifying for a state pension.

Thousands of people claim benefits who have never paid a penny in NI contributions.

13 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Thousands of people claim benefits who have never paid a penny in NI contributions.

Thousands of people hide money that they should pay in tax to help pay for vital public services in offshore bank accounts. & the tories let them!

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Cade said:

Tory backpedalling in full swing now:

NI contributions threshold is currently £8,632.

Rather than raising this to £12,500 which BoJo promised last night, it's only actually being risen to £9,500.

This works out as £2 a week per worker.

The £12,500 figure is now being called "an ambition for the future"

:rofl:

That lasted long, eh?

Ah the classic rumbustious Boris Johnson grandiose bullshit on the hoof announcement 

Boris '£500 a year tax cut'

CCHQ press release '£100 a year tax cut'

IFS calculation  '£85 a year tax cut'

Apparently pathological lying is a condition known as mythomania or psuedologia fantastica.

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thousands of people hide money that they should pay in tax to help pay for vital public services in offshore bank accounts. & the tories let them!

Or they allow HMRC to write off 25 billion in one sitting to their corporate masters/chums

43 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Or they allow HMRC to write off 25 billion in one sitting to their corporate masters/chums

I just got hounded about child benefit. I have to pay last years & this years back. I should have had a meeting with them & got th.....oh wait! I’m not a rich toff B’stard so i’m just a pleb!!!

10 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

And yet there are thousands, nay, tens of thousands of people who are denied any benefits because they haven't paid enough NI in the previous two years, myself being one of them.  

10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Labour too. The simplicity of politics.

Tory=bad

Labour= good guys

SNP= good guys to those that believe in independence from Westminster for Scotland. The worst of the worst if you believe in the union.

Lib Dems= all things to all persons. Making no one happy.

Greens= fantasist.

Cynic= me. They are all bad as each other as one who has lived through the premiership's of MacMillan  Hume, Wilson, Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May and, Johnson. Reality. Whoever wins the election. The sun will still rise in the East and set in the West. I will go to work for a 6.30am start on Friday the 13th of December. I will also get paid that day. My pay slip will tell me that I paid my NI contribution, my income Tax, my railway, pension, my monthly saving to the transport credit union and after that how much went into the bank. 

Being doing this since 1979, when I first started work, different companies, different amounts of deductions. I wont be any different to millions of others. Life goes on and always will.

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tory=bad

Labour= good guys

SNP= good guys to those that believe in independence from Westminster for Scotland. The worst of the worst if you believe in the union.

Greens= fantasist.

Cynic= me. They are all bad as each other as one who has lived through the premiership's of MacMillan  Hume, Wilson, Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May and, Johnson. Reality. Whoever wins the election. The sun will still rise in the East and set in the West. I will go to work for a 6.30am start on Friday the 13th of December. I will also get paid that day. My pay slip will tell me that I paid my NI contribution, my income Tax, my railway, pension, my monthly saving to the transport credit union and after that how much went into the bank. 

Being doing this since 1979, when I first started work, different companies, different amounts of deductions. I wont be any different to millions of others. Life goes on and always will.

Yeah agreed. 
We all get a bit too caught up in it these days mainly due to the amount of exposure it gets. Years ago you might’ve only read bits in your daily paper then few years later heard on your radio then tv then social media whereas now it’s inescapable. You’re beaten over the head with stuff relentlessly from all angles now with people using all the inflammatory language intended to shock more, all trying to scare you with their agenda it’s nonsense. 
If you weren’t exposed to it like this and fearing things I’d like to bet you’d barely notice a single thing, be it brexit or independence or with a change of government nothing at all. 

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tory=bad

Labour= good guys

Greens= fantasist.

Thats all true (been around since Heath myself).

Yet to live in Independent Scotland though and never though I would see multi Billionaires saying Foodbanks are good thing.

I could easily shut ma pus and crack on with it. My lot is relatively decent (Full time employment, reasonable healthy, house, car, savings, holidays etc) but I want more for my fellow man. I dont want to see "the working poor" or Foodbanks or young folk not being able to get a home. Its getting worse for them and I just dont do the "I'm all right Jack so I will just crack-on. Same as it ever was.

If thats your thing fine, fair play to you. I want more for society than zero hour contracts on minimum wage so billionaires can buy another luxury yacht and then be told that folk are poor due to "bad choices" and by the way, that NHS that was built by the people for the people will soon be contributing to more private luxury yachts. But as long as folk keep on keeping on it's all good. 

They call us PLEBS you know!

Edited by Pans Jambo

dobmisterdobster
29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And yet there are thousands, nay, tens of thousands of people who are denied any benefits because they haven't paid enough NI in the previous two years, myself being one of them.  

There are separate contribution-based and income-based benefits.

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thats all true (been around since Heath myself).

Yet to live in Independent Scotland though and never though I would see multi Billionaires saying Foodbanks are good thing.

I could easily shut ma pus and crack on with it. My lot is relatively decent (Full time employment, reasonable healthy, house, car, savings, holidays etc) but I want more for my fellow man. I dont want to see "the working poor" or Foodbanks or young folk not being able to get a home. Its getting worse for them and I just dont do the "I'm all right Jack so I will just crack-on. Same as it ever was.

If thats your thing fine, fair play to you. I want more for society than zero hour contracts on minimum wage so billionaires can buy another luxury yacht and then be told that folk are poor due to "bad choices" and by the way, that NHS that was built by the people for the people will soon be contributing to more private luxury yachts. But as long as folk keep on keeping on it's all good. 

They call us PLEBS you know!

Yeah that’s a good post mate. 
They want us to be well behaved, sit down, do what you’re told type punters. 
Most of us happy to do it too. 

9 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

For fairness, The SNP are running a campaign of toot. Utter toot. 

Toot designed to capture minds. Because Scottish Independence is, in reality, a version of life that contains so much fiction, that it only exists as a quasi-religious creation myth. Like other nationalist creation myths. 

I reckon Scottish people will fall for it. 

We are going to suffer because of ignorance and time, whatever way any of you votes. 

Lets clap it in...

What is toot?

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

There are separate contribution-based and income-based benefits.

Yes, and I slipped through the safety net for everything, even the guy at the dole office was sympathetic, said that it's disgusting as you've worked all your days since the '70's and the one time that you need the state, the state isn't there for you.

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

For fairness, The SNP are running a campaign of toot. Utter toot. 

Toot designed to capture minds. Because Scottish Independence is, in reality, a version of life that contains so much fiction, that it only exists as a quasi-religious creation myth. Like other nationalist creation myths. 

I reckon Scottish people will fall for it. 

We are going to suffer because of ignorance and time, whatever way any of you votes. 

Lets clap it in...

What makes this country so incapable? This is what I don’t get. We have a bigger population than say Ireland, a younger population, a vast array of resources that they don’t have yet their economy is over $100billion larger. This doesn’t make you question anything? They can succeed but we’re living in some fantasy thinking we can do the same? The easy answer to all this is give us a federalism or proper devolution of sorts but they won’t do that either. Why don’t you question those things? 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What makes this country so incapable? This is what I don’t get. We have a bigger population than say Ireland, a younger population, a vast array of resources that they don’t have yet their economy is over $100billion larger. This doesn’t make you question anything? They can succeed but we’re living in some fantasy thinking we can do the same? The easy answer to all this is give us a federalism or proper devolution of sorts but they won’t do that either. Why don’t you question those things? 

Waste of time. He's lost to his overlords!

:banghead2:

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

See I think this is a very good post.  I have been very open about my opposition to independence but a genuine move towards a federalist system or much greater devolved powers I could support.   I don’t think many people in Scotland would be against more powers but those who want independence wouldn’t support it as it could undermine the ultimate goal.  

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

See I think this is a very good post.  I have been very open about my opposition to independence but a genuine move towards a federalist system or much greater devolved powers I could support.   I don’t think many people in Scotland would be against more powers but those who want independence wouldn’t support it as it could undermine the ultimate goal.  

Proper devolution is the answer imo. I don’t think anyone would vote against that tbh. Why won’t they offer that? Why do you think? 

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

All that was promised in 2014, and basically none of it delivered--and there has been regression, such as the Supreme Court's ruling that codifying the Sewel Convention into statute did not mean anything and Westminster could trample on the Scottish Parliament even when it came to devolved matters. Hopefully you can appreciate that, and those who think there's no way for Scotland to ever get what it deserves as long as an absolute sovereign parliament can do what it likes to an entire country at any time.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Proper devolution is the answer imo. I don’t think anyone would vote against that tbh. Why won’t they offer that? Why do you think? 

:indeed: