• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Despite the injuries, we have players that on paper are better than the players in the majority of teams in the league, yet they aren't performing to how we expect or hoped they'd be and the reason for that falls squarely on the managers and coaches. You just have to look at Kilmarnock under Steve Clarke to see what can happen to a team when coached correctly by a good manager. We can put a decent team out each week but the tactics and style of play are so poor and make us extremely easy to deal with. Levein and the whole coaching set up need to go asap and a new manager appointed. I've said at several points over the last year that if Levein doesn't go we will be in a relegation battle and depressingly that is now the case. One of the most disappointing things is the fact that the old firm aside the rest of the league are rubbish, unfortunately at the moment less rubbish than we are. I'm certain with a good manager that third place is definitely achievable even from our current position but the longer we stick with Levein the tougher it will be to basically uncoach (don't even think this is a word, but you know what I mean) what has been instilled in them by the current regime and get the new manager's and coaches new tactics on board. It really baffles me that Budge doesn't see the damage Levein is doing to the squad and the fans. If any of us did our job this badly for so long I'm sure we would either be sacked or moved on elsewhere. Levein has now even in my opinion burned his bridges as to returning to Director of Football or even being in charge of the academy. He really needs to be removed completely as his staying will affect the quality of applicants that will apply for the job should it become available soon (fingers crossed).

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Ditto

Hardly ditto though is it? You’re the one defending a manager who can’t win a ****ing game 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

He must be sacked. And Locke should be allowed to do it. 

That thought gives me fresh hope and enthusiasm for Sunday.

AB has no legitimate excuses left.

The results, the style of play, does she have a stunt double who attends games and therefore in reality is oblivious?

Never in the field of football have I felt such frustration and perhaps anger before attending a national cup semi-final.

Hearts are in real danger of being relegated. In the 70’s and 80’s our club was in disarray and the teams were not good enough. Our recent relegation was due to the inexperienced squad. The only other example which we escaped on the last day of the season courtesy of Tommy McLean’s poor management. Craig Levein has the squad to be doing better, don’t let your management style get us relegated.

9 minutes ago, dougal said:

Despite the injuries, we have players that on paper are better than the players in the majority of teams in the league, yet they aren't performing to how we expect or hoped they'd be and the reason for that falls squarely on the managers and coaches. You just have to look at Kilmarnock under Steve Clarke to see what can happen to a team when coached correctly by a good manager. We can put a decent team out each week but the tactics and style of play are so poor and make us extremely easy to deal with. Levein and the whole coaching set up need to go asap and a new manager appointed. I've said at several points over the last year that if Levein doesn't go we will be in a relegation battle and depressingly that is now the case. One of the most disappointing things is the fact that the old firm aside the rest of the league are rubbish, unfortunately at the moment less rubbish than we are. I'm certain with a good manager that third place is definitely achievable even from our current position but the longer we stick with Levein the tougher it will be to basically uncoach (don't even think this is a word, but you know what I mean) what has been instilled in them by the current regime and get the new manager's and coaches new tactics on board. It really baffles me that Budge doesn't see the damage Levein is doing to the squad and the fans. If any of us did our job this badly for so long I'm sure we would either be sacked or moved on elsewhere. Levein has now even in my opinion burned his bridges as to returning to Director of Football or even being in charge of the academy. He really needs to be removed completely as his staying will affect the quality of applicants that will apply for the job should it become available soon (fingers crossed).

Totally agree with the above ,Good post , 

By the way this thread started back in 23 february 402 pages ago .

Surely in all that time close season and all ,It should be obvious to Ann Budge that this has now become unsustainable and change must come .

However she chooses to bury her head in the sand . 

It,s disgraceful . 

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

BTW it's spelt you're!

I did not say we have to accept bottom of the league and we're not there anyway.

Players will come back gradually and I have confidence we will improve.

At what point will it end?  You'll have to ask God.

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I have not been beating any drum about Levein but it clearly suits you to make that up to suit your cause.

I have sympathised with the injury crisis that I think would hamper any manager whether it be CL, Tom,  Dick  or Harry.

Please do not make things up in your sttate of uncontrolled anger.

You do one with bells on.

BTW it’s state not sttate!

It’s ok to change your mind on Levein and admit you’ve been wrong many of us have. But don’t lie about your support of him, there’s over 400 pages on this thread alone most of them have a contribution from you stating your position.

Last night wasn’t another typical toothless, clueless showing from his team that’s a 39 games now and we see the same thing over and over. 

TweedbankJambo

He couldn't give a toss how we're feeling, he really couldn't. What a disgrace you are Mr Levein, get the fu*k away from my beloved football club. NOW!

He has to go, there can't be anyone left wearing a Hearts scarf that believes he is the answer.  It's the style of football that is killing us.  We have one tactic and one tactic only, set ourselves up to stop the opposition.  This is the case both home and away.  It's not good enough and its extremely boring.  I don't want to keep paying money to watch this garbage.  I would rather have Jimmy Calderwood's suicide 4-2-4 football than this crap where we never look like scoring.  It's prehistoric football from a dinosaur manager.  

7 hours ago, j1964m said:

Craig Levein: I understand Hearts fans' anger - but my only focus is turning this around

Yes but which year is he referring to. Yet again he is just buying himself more time and by her lack of action AB obviously still believes he can turn things around. My respect for her is diminishing daily by allowing this idiot to still be involved with our club.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

BTW it's spelt you're!

I did not say we have to accept bottom of the league and we're not there anyway.

Players will come back gradually and I have confidence we will improve.

At what point will it end?  You'll have to ask God.

According to the Godess he’s doing a good job.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

BTW it’s state not sttate!

I speak with a stutter.

It’s ok to change your mind on Levein and admit you’ve been wrong many of us have. But don’t lie about your support of him, there’s over 400 pages on this thread alone most of them have a contribution from you stating your position.

Are you calling me a liar?   Check the 400+  and tell me where, when and in what context I have supported him.

It would suit you if I did because it would give you someone else to fire at.

Last night wasn’t another typical toothless, clueless showing from his team that’s a 39 games now and we see the same thing over and over. 

I'll take your word for last night's showing as I wasn't there.  Do you mean it was or wasn't a toothless performance? 

What I will say from what I saw of the goal on TV is that I cannot understand why we there was no one on the goalpost.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I really don't know anymore

He has just came out and said this after the game 

“We were throwing goals in but we have managed to stop that recently but in attack players don’t want to risk leaving their positions to go ahead of the ball because they have to get back. My job is to fix that.”

What the feck does that actually mean and how can players not want to leave their position in the first place.?

Its absolutely farcical what the management/coaches are doing to the club at this moment in time.

However, obviously they don't care  about what is best for HEARTS such is their refusal to move aside and walk away 

They’re clearly told not to leave their position. He also said that the defenders blamed the strikers for not scoring and they then the defenders for not creating chances, sums up how tactics that irs the defenders jobs to create chances.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This won’t happen but would be incredible mafia revenge story :lol: 

It would be, not a fan of Locke as a coach/manager but he wouldn’t be any worse. He will be unhappy about the situation we are in but no doubt will have a mixed emotions about the manager.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's sad that a guy who was loved as a player by so many and even respected as a manager first time round is now hated. There are only 2 people to blame for that, himself and Budge. Both need to GTF. Can see fights amongst our own on Sunday due to the sheer frustration at Levein.

Surely nobody can defend him now and actually get violent with anyone criticising him? I can see and hear a loud chorus of songs telling him to go.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Coco said:

Hope MacPhee will take responsibility soon too.  Must have one of the worst records in Hearts senior management history.  A complete phoney.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/austin-macphee-why-ill-never-shirk-responsibility-and-why-i-chose-hearts-over-india-544532

A team in India is the only club that have ever been interested in him apart from us, quite telling actually.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re clearly told not to leave their position. He also said that the defenders blamed the strikers for not scoring and they then the defenders for not creating chances, sums up how tactics that irs the defenders jobs to create chances.

I understand the insinuation that the players don’t want to get ahead of the ball in case they can’t get back. I Understand exactly what that means 

I mean he has had these players for 3 feckin years, leading training, on the training pitch day in, day out. We are going in one direction and the only direction under him

you look or try and see what’s going on in his head just to try and make sense of what’s happening and he comes out with this. 3 years in. 3 years to tell us that the players are shiting themselves to run ahead of the ball 

Whys that Craig ? Are the players shiting themselves to get forward because they might get beat. It isn’t like we are winning so why would they be scared to get ahead of the ball and try and reverse the decline 

The players are like statues on the park because they have had 3 years of Levein Macphee Fox and Daly talk utter shite to them and confused them to the point the players don’t know what to do

Thats on you Craig and your boot room. Your hardly the one to be sorting it out as your the one who created that mindset in the first place. 

We_are_the_Hearts
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely nobody can defend him now and actually get violent with anyone criticising him? I can see and hear a loud chorus of songs telling him to go.

The Ann Budge songs will start soon as well. That could see some get riled

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I understand the insinuation that the players don’t want to get ahead of the ball in case they can’t get back. I Understand exactly what that means 

I mean he has had these players for 3 feckin years, leading training, on the training pitch day in, day out. We are going in one direction and the only direction under him

you look or try and see what’s going on in his head just to try and make sense of what’s happening and he comes out with this. 3 years in. 3 years to tell us that the players are shiting themselves to run ahead of the ball 

Whys that Craig ? Are the players shiting themselves to get forward because they might get beat. It isn’t like we are winning so why would they be scared to get ahead of the ball and try and reverse the decline 

The players are like statues on the park because they have had 3 years of Levein Macphee Fox and Daly talk utter shite to them and confused them to the point the players don’t know what to do

Thats on you Craig and your boot room. Your hardly the one to be sorting it out as your the one who created that mindset in the first place. 

Spot on. It was really noticeable in the LC games how little movement there is in the final third. Watching the same tactics constantly, that rarely ever work, has lead to so many of us becoming disillusioned. We will put up a show on Sunday but get beat nonetheless and he will carry on 🙈.

Since our week of beating Hibs and Rangers we have played St. Mirren, Kilmarnock Rangers, Livi and St. Johnstone. 

We have accumulated 3 points out of 15 but more interesting to me we have scored one goal in 5 games and that was against the huns. 

So we cannot muster up ONE goal against the other 4 so called weaker teams. 

In fact even our attempts on goal in these 4 games are completely embarrassing. 

That is an utter disgrace for HMFC and is only the tip of the iceberg with many other stats and problems prevailing within the club. 

I have said this before but no club in the world would keep their manager with this clowns atrocious record. 

Why the **** should we then? 

Over to Mrs Budge on this complete mystery. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

That’s a fair point, she is tarnishing the good reputation she has forged for herself with her continued backing of Levein.

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hardly ditto though is it? You’re the one defending a manager who can’t win a ****ing game 

I'm not defending the manager.

I'm pointing out most of our best players are missing.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yip a tiny away support were chanting it last night. 

Kudos to them for actually going. 

Let's hear many more thousands on Sunday letting us hear how we feel about this man and his destroying of our club. 

Obviously we also want to support the team as well but a good number of them don't seem to give a toss either tbh. 

Utter shambles 😞

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A team in India is the only club that have ever been interested in him apart from us, quite telling actually.

You might be right on that one although I think the SFA wanted him around the same time as we took him on.

NaturalOrder74

I think considering the quality in depth we have right now particularly with the youth players who won’t get a sniff at the first team somehow behind underperforming Maclean, the injuries aren’t responsible for us being this low in the league it’s down to poor team selections. 

I mean don’t get me wrong I’m a prime example of a keyboard manager but i genuinely don’t think there’s much to getting results in the spl, high tempo against the wee teams get a goal or two and then keep things tight for the rest of the game, we only seem to play like we give a **** when we’re up against the ‘bigger’ teams 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Since our week of beating Hibs and Rangers we have played St. Mirren, Kilmarnock Rangers, Livi and St. Johnstone. 

We have accumulated 3 points out of 15 but more interesting to me we have scored one goal in 5 games and that was against the huns. 

So we cannot muster up ONE goal against the other 4 so called weaker teams. 

In fact even our attempts on goal in these 4 games are completely embarrassing. 

That is an utter disgrace for HMFC and is only the tip of the iceberg with many other stats and problems prevailing within the club. 

I have said this before but no club in the world would keep their manager with this clowns atrocious record. 

Why the **** should we then? 

Over to Mrs Budge on this complete mystery. 

It wasn’t even a win over Aberdeen it was another home draw. I think it’s only Stenhousemuir that we’ve actually defeated at Tynecastle in 8 months, and that was with two goals from a CH moved up front in the last ten minutes as they tired.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not defending the manager.

I'm pointing out most of our best players are missing.

Well maybe you should stop. It’s given him a get out he doesn’t deserve.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You might be right on that one although I think the SFA wanted him around the same time as we took him on.

Not as a coach though, as an administrator. I don’t think he even coaches at NI, it’s more of an tactical analysts job. 

Levein made the mistake of not getting a goal machine Washington & Uche cannot hit a barn door never mind the net lol.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It wasn’t even a win over Aberdeen it was another home draw. I think it’s only Stenhousemuir that we’ve actually defeated at Tynecastle in 8 months, and that was with two goals from a CH moved up front in the last ten minutes as they tired.

Sums it up even more then plus we only  started playing against Hibs in the last 20 mins once we scored. 

Chronic stuff

Not as a coach though, as an administrator. I don’t think he even coaches at NI, it’s more of an tactical analysts job. 

Caoch/Tactical analyst.  Are we splitting hairs here?

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

19 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Hearts supporters still need to get behind the team on Sunday, now more than ever.

Anyone with a grudge should voice it elsewhere.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip a tiny away support were chanting it last night. 

Kudos to them for actually going. 

Let's hear many more thousands on Sunday letting us hear how we feel about this man and his destroying of our club. 

Obviously we also want to support the team as well but a good number of them don't seem to give a toss either tbh. 

Utter shambles 😞

Definitely, all credit to the usual 2k that go to away games, even these diehards have fallen away in the last two away games. Defeat on Sunday must surely be the time for the club to turn the corner.

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Similarly with Levein.  No speculation of any team wanting him after the Scotland disaster.  No sign of him helping out as Billy Brown did at Hearts.  And zero speculation on any team wanting him as manager or DoF in the last 6 seasons.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Levein made the mistake of not getting a goal machine Washington & Uche cannot hit a barn door never mind the net lol.

We don’t create any chances for a goalscorer to take.

Real problem for the post Levein and MacPhee era will be the length of contracts many of their poor players have.  Will not be easy to tidy up their mess.

Apologies for spelling and grammar, my dislexia matched with utter rage got the better of me. I have started the below petition, feel free to sign, add comments, share  the more the better 

https://www.change.org/p/heart-of-midlothian-fc-remove-craig-levein-from-heart-of-midlothian-756df532-b813-44c4-9454-e33cecf59582?recruiter=388016152&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=tap_basic_share

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Coco said:

Similarly with Levein.  No speculation of any team wanting him after the Scotland disaster.  No sign of him helping out as Billy Brown did at Hearts.  And zero speculation on any team wanting him as manager or DoF in the last 6 seasons.

Yeah I wondered why more ex players didn’t help out, as a true legend like Robbo did. I didn't know at that time that CL&GL didn’t get on. If you remember GL wanted Mackay to be reserve team coach but John Murray (CLs pal so  not Lockes) brought Neilson in. When we relegated at Partick we were right behind the dug out, Neilson&Crawford were on the touch line discussing stuff that had happened as the game went on, they weren’t really following the game just analysing players and what they did in certain situations. 
Levein is doing his last job in football.

Edited by Pasquale for King

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not at all, McPhee's role as an analyst should be to provide information to the coaching team that then decide how best to utilise that information, he should be nowhere near the training pitch!

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Apologies for spelling and grammar, my dislexia matched with utter rage got the better of me. I have started the below petition, feel free to sign, add comments, share  the more the better 

https://www.change.org/p/heart-of-midlothian-fc-remove-craig-levein-from-heart-of-midlothian-756df532-b813-44c4-9454-e33cecf59582?recruiter=388016152&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=tap_basic_share

Considering the text you’ve hardly made any mistakes, its good to get it off your chest. Well done and I’ve just read and signed it.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Different jobs really, Cathro is probably the same, clearly not capable of improving or motivating players.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Sums it up even more then plus we only  started playing against Hibs in the last 20 mins once we scored. 

Chronic stuff

Pretty much and I loved Hickeys goal but there was an element of luck attached.

Different jobs really, Cathro is probably the same. 

What does "probably" mean in context?  Either he is or he isn't.

Can you explain how these different jobs pan out in practice?

2 hours ago, JamboFife said:

If he’s not there I know the local bookies he uses in crossford that will be my next port of call

There isn't a bookies in Crossford.

:levein_interesting:

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Hearts supporters still need to get behind the team on Sunday, now more than ever.

Or at least wait until we go 1-0 down which won't be long.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It shows how little you know about Hearts supporters, as at the cup final (that you weren’t at) we will sing our hearts out but if it all goes wrong the manager will hear about it. Nothing wrong with that at all. 

Feeding the troll 🙈🔫.

• davemclaren locked this topic