Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

7 hours ago, graygo said:

Just catching up with this thread, apologies if this has been mentioned already but Alex Ferguson did touch the Scotland job, in fact he took us to the world cup finals in 86 via a play off win against Australia after the death of Jock Stein.

Ah fair enough, i thought he only stepped in temporarily rather than doing a qualifications or whatever.

Still, in the modern day the Scottish job is an almost impossible task for any manager.  I think our FA is probably a big part of that though, it's hard to blame the manager for what they have to work with.  I don't like Levein but i wouldn't judge him on his time at Scotland at all. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

14 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

We could very well pull a result out of the bag in this one.  After all the game will suit Levein's negative approach.  

Are our defence good enough to keep out Defoe and Morelos? I don’t think so personally.

and at the other end we can’t score.

8 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

You not willing to take the bet about my his doc story being true?  Either that or have the decency to apologise. 

I haven't challenged the veracity of your story.  It was a little bit of interest but irrelevant.

I think my (highlighted) comment went right over your head.

29 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Are our defence good enough to keep out Defoe and Morelos? I don’t think so personally.

and at the other end we can’t score.

I would think that is unlikely, on papaer at least.

If however with Haring, Uche, Naismith and maybe even Morrison back, we might be able to get more on the front foot which eases the pressure on our defence.

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I haven't challenged the veracity of your story.  It was a little bit of interest but irrelevant.

I think my (highlighted) comment went right over your head.

You said it was bullshit.  I was making a point about a poster saying we weren't bottom of the league as if that makes everything alright.  You said my story was bull  take the bet.

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

You said it was bullshit.  I was making a point about a poster saying we weren't bottom of the league as if that makes everything alright.  You said my story was bull  take the bet.

When did I say that?

11 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Nice anecdote.

Shame it’s bollocks.

Not bullshit, just bollocks.  Same thing?

Take the bet or you're a coward  I was decent enough to give details so at least do the decent thing by apologising or by taking the bet.  

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If however with Haring, Uche, Naismith and maybe even Morrison back, we might be able to get more on the front foot which eases the pressure on our defence.

The only one of those that’ll play imo will be Uche

17 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Take the bet or you're a coward  I was decent enough to give details so at least do the decent thing by apologising or by taking the bet.  

Where  are we in the league Fruit Juice?

21 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Different thing. You've taken offence over nothing, your anecdote was pointless.

34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Nothing wrong with being hopeful but even if they all miraculously made the game I doubt we are finely tuned enough or in a rhythm to a level we could dominate Rangers.  

I fear we are just going to be a barrier with competing being the dish of the day for us rather than anything of substance in an attacking sense.   

36 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You been drinking fruit juice?

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Nothing wrong with being hopeful but even if they all miraculously made the game I doubt we are finely tuned enough or in a rhythm to a level we could dominate Rangers.  

I fear we are just going to be a barrier with competing being the dish of the day for us rather than anything of substance in an attacking sense.   

You're right. Any of the players returning from injury aren't going to be match fit but they will hopefully still give the other players a lift. 

I'll take a scrappy, offside, 95th minute goal in a 1-0 victory.

14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Different thing. You've taken offence over nothing, your anecdote was pointless.

It was in response to you saying things aren't that bad as we aren't actually bottom if the league.  You said it didn't happen. You want to take the bet? Either that or apologise for calling me a liar.  

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It was in response to you saying things aren't that bad as we aren't actually bottom if the league.  You said it didn't happen. You want to take the bet? Either that or apologise for calling me a liar.  

I think you're very confused. I never called you a liar at all. Happy for you to quote me and prove me wrong though.

I did query why you thought Hearts were second bottom in the league to which you replied it was a mistake and we're actually third bottom ?

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

The shop, or make your own. 😀

😂

If you buy the shop variety watch out for added E numbers.

13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What’s the bet? 

Told them a 'boring' story about someone who was the off6hibs doctor and it was called bollocks and accusations of not being true.  Spoke Spoleto has shit it.  

It was called bollocks because it was a bollocks anecdote.

No one questioned the truth of it.

Stay off the fruit juice.

23 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I think you're very confused. I never called you a liar at all. Happy for you to quote me and prove me wrong though.

I did query why you thought Hearts were second bottom in the league to which you replied it was a mistake and we're actually third bottom ?

You said it didn't happen.   If I can prove you said my story was untrue, will you take the bet? I'll stay off this site for a month and you for a week.  You managed ten year so it won't be difficult.

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

You said it didn't happen.   If I can prove you said my story was untrue, will you take the bet? I'll stay off this site for a month and you for a week.  You managed ten year so it won't be difficult.

Did you record your conversation with said Doctor? 

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I think we should get back on track. The thread is supposed to be about Craig Levein.

In fairness we’ve been off track under Craig Levein’s management. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I think we should get back on track. The thread is supposed to be about Craig Levein.

Exactly.

He’s still a shite manager.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly.

He’s still a shite manager.

The performances have been a disgrace.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Correct.

He comes across as an arrogant git and and doesn't seem to grasp that when he's pishing into the wind with his acerbic rhetoric he's making a fool of himself.

He could do us all a favour and GTF now.

11 hours ago, farin said:

The stats are quite depressing as illustrated by this graphic. 😳

643EC65D-9574-42CF-BDAC-B65EA47C561F.thumb.jpeg.a0f93edad340ea8890b3c28f7fbbd9b7.jpeg

Craig scratching his head and looking baffled. It's almost like he doesn't know what he's doing.

Either that or he's reassuring Ann how fine everything is with a backwards :thumbs_up:

Edited by martoon

44 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Told them a 'boring' story about someone who was the off6hibs doctor and it was called bollocks and accusations of not being true.  Spoke Spoleto has shit it.  

I'll ask you again.

When/where did I say your fascinating story about Dr Reid and his receptionist of the same name was bullshit or bollocks?

Mind you it would make a womderful basis for a whodunnit.  The same surname could lead readers up the wrong path and more so if the receptionist was also male.

13 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Shit, imagine what we'll argue about when Levein does go. 

Whoever he appoints most likely.

On 23/02/2019 at 16:55, Heartsofgold said:

There is no excuse, none, for that performance today. Once again too many loose passes no one making runs to create space for others. There comes a time when the number of individual errors mount up till they are no longer individual and are systemic instead. 

Hard to disagree with the O.P.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Boom boom!

Choo choo surely? 

Is this going to be another error strewn day from one representing the province of Perugia? 

I would keep Levein simply for the entertainment factor of watching Michael Stewart venting his spleen on Sportscene each week.

It's small payback for having to watch the imposter play in a Hearts shirt! 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Choo choo surely? 

Is this going to be another error strewn day from one representing the province of Perugia? 

Who knows, depends if I stay off the whisky :drunk:

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

I would keep Levein simply for the entertainment factor of watching Michael Stewart venting his spleen on Sportscene each week.

It's small payback for having to watch the imposter play in a Hearts shirt! 

You’d keep the manager so you can watch Stewart enjoy himself slagging him off?

If anything I hope we don't win this week. I just can't see us beating them twice in a row and I'd take a win in the semi over the league game if offered.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Well they say every cloud has a sliver lining. Stewart doesn't enjoy himself, he knows he looks like a tit but can't help himself, it seems that's a common trait.

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye exactly , what a ****ing weirdo this boy is. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Well they say every cloud has a sliver lining. Stewart doesn't enjoy himself, he knows he looks like a tit but can't help himself, it seems that's a common trait.

Hi Craig. Don't you think you would be better getting back to preparing for the game on Sunday rather than hanging around here. :smile:

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hi Craig. Don't you think you would be better getting back to preparing for the game on Sunday rather than hanging around here. :smile:

No training Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday 👍 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic