Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Selkirkhmfc1874

Levein got it spot on yesterday in my opinion ! Team selection and tactics were working and his substitutions changed the game for us , but for blunders we win that game 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wish Busby could rant in paragraphs.

I was annoyed. Punctuation will be my focus today 😂😂

Yesterday was just classic Levein. No football or discernable pattern of play beyond hoof to the big man percentage  football.  Dug out by Naismith and then snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with utter stupidity. 

Hard to see anything other than a shitfest mid table season for us.  Yesterday suggests he'll do just enough and we'll be in purgatory for the remainder of the season.

Did anyone see Aberdeen playing good football for any amount of time ? 

Classic negative McInnes, hoof to the big man up front.

9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Levein got it spot on yesterday in my opinion ! Team selection and tactics were working and his substitutions changed the game for us , but for blunders we win that game 

How long is he going to persist in playing keepers who are not up to the mark. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Did say blunders ! He should've came and cleared at first goal but if Berra didn't get caught under the ball he wouldn't have needed to in my opinion.

Yesterday levein got team selection , tactics and substitutions spot on in my opinion , zlamal didn't have save to make that I can remember and as said already but for blunders we win that game 

26 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Might even be sooner if Ross County win on Saturday.

This place would combust 

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think Cosgrove was even surprised he managed to score the first. His penalty was never in doubt. He's a decent penalty taker anyway let alone facing a keeper with a terrible record of saving them.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think Cosgrove was even surprised he managed to score the first. His penalty was never in doubt. He's a decent penalty taker anyway let alone facing a keeper with a terrible record of saving them.

I watch penalties being taken in other games as a neutral and I always think the keeper might have a chance of saving them. I watch penalties being taken against Hearts and know for certain that it will be a goal. 

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

you are of course correct mate, Aberdeen do play the same, thing is - when you play like we do you have to ****ing win more often than you lose otherwise there’s no hiding place. You can’t try and play effective football and not be effective.. 

Let's be honest the game was a bogey the minute Levein got the job after Carthorse was sacked.Apparently the right man was under our noses to quote Budge. Awful decision from Queen Anne and only a fool would disagree.

2 minutes ago, skodef said:

Let's be honest the game was a bogey the minute Levein got the job after Carthorse was sacked.Apparently the right man was under our noses to quote Budge. Awful decision from Queen Anne and only a fool would disagree.

:rofl:

A fool? 

Oh the irony. 

Finlay James
42 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Is the correct answer.  

Folk scream on here for Dikamona to be given a chance and when he does, he's mince but yet there is no thread on him selling the jerseys.  Individual errors ****ed us and there's nothing that Levein can do about that at the time.

Forever Hearts
Just now, Finlay James said:

Is the correct answer.  

Folk scream on here for Dikamona to be given a chance and when he does, he's mince but yet there is no thread on him selling the jerseys.  Individual errors ****ed us and there's nothing that Levein can do about that at the time.

He had all summer to find a reliable keeper and failed to do so. 

Leveins Battalion

This season will be like a return to the old early 2000's pre Romanov,Celtic and Rangers will run away with it leaving the rest of us fighting for 3rd,despite yesterday we are in with a chance and for that reason Levein wont be going anywhere,also because Hibs are pony and he wont want to miss out on that.

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He had all summer to find a reliable keeper and failed to do so. 

I don't disagree with that, for me, Zlamal is a complete liability and Doyle is even worse.  I'd like to see us sign a decent keeper before the window closes.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Zlamal should've came and cleared the ball yesterday but if Berra didn't get caught under the ball in the first place he wouldn't have had to! 

23 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Did say blunders ! He should've came and cleared at first goal but if Berra didn't get caught under the ball he wouldn't have needed to in my opinion.

Yesterday levein got team selection , tactics and substitutions spot on in my opinion , zlamal didn't have save to make that I can remember and as said already but for blunders we win that game 

We were far better yesterday than we have been for a long time. But for three individual  mistakes we would have won the game.  For me though the keeper situation has to be addressed.  Both of ours cost us  dear last season on quite a few occasions.  It's a bit like being back to the Craig Nelson/Ray Dunlop days where you expected at least one howler in evrry game. It needs sorted.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

I don't disagree with that, for me, Zlamal is a complete liability and Doyle is even worse.  I'd like to see us sign a decent keeper before the window closes.

Agree with that ! He's better than doyle but he's better of 2 very average goalkeepers 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

We were far better yesterday than we have been for a long time. But for three individual  mistakes we would have won the game.  For me though the keeper situation has to be addressed.  Both of ours cost us  dear last season on quite a few occasions.  It's a bit like being back to the Craig Nelson/Ray Dunlop days where you expected at least one howler in evrry game. It needs sorted.

We agree ! Best I've seen us playing in aberdeen for some time 

11 minutes ago, farin said:

You hire it & I’ll fly it. 😄

That incident still actual makes me cringe. That money could’ve went to the FoH. What a monumental waste of cash haha. 

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Motherwell will be a huge game for Levein 

They put us out and he's gone 

:orly?:

:clyay:

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, jambogaza said:

People trying to pin yesterday on levein need to get a grip. I called for him to go after east Fife but yesterday was a different matter. We competed with Aberdeen and almost got the win, if it hadn't been for two poor individual decisions - decisions a manager can't control from the sidelines.

Spot on 

He needs to take the shackles off the players and allow them to play imo. As soon as Washington and Naisy came on we were a different beast. I was in the Aberdeen end was shouting abuse at Walker when he scored lol inside I was ****ing delighted never a pen and changed the game entirely cant blame Craig for that I'm afraid 

12 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's becoming a huge problem. Bobby and the defence are not on the same wavelength and there is a lack of trust and understanding between them that is costing us stupid goals. His decision making is woeful as is his positioning at times.

Can be a decent shot stopper but, as you see needs to be a lot more than that

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, wagy said:

He needs to take the shackles off the players and allow them to play imo. As soon as Washington and Naisy came on we were a different beast. I was in the Aberdeen end was shouting abuse at Walker when he scored lol inside I was ****ing delighted never a pen and changed the game entirely cant blame Craig for that I'm afraid 

It was a stonewall penalty and the Hearts players reaction said it all, particularly Naismith's. 

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was a stonewall penalty and the Hearts players reaction said it all, particularly Naismith's. 

Probably reaction’s of knowing what was coming next from a ref that gave them everything and us sweet FA yesterday.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

There should be an additional league set up for almost won, and narrow defeats imo

It could be for certain fans, managers and coaches who think they're really good, but they're really really not.

Terrible from a Hearts fan tbh. 

****ing hell, many of us grew up in a time we never won a cup for Almost 40 years, runners up in the league several times and a few close calls in the cup. 

MacDonald, Wee Robbo, Levien, jc, Smith, Berra, mackay amongst others, all part of a good team yet won nothing, Robbo was lucky he got in on it in 98.

Any banter about trophies aimed at us should result in he mods launching you for being a *****. 

Hibs patter in the extreme. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Probably reaction’s of knowing what was coming next from a ref that gave them everything and us sweet FA yesterday.

Regardless, it was a stonewall penalty. 

Disagree buddy, thought the boy fell over before challenge was made and the ref couldn't wait to give it. Completely changed the game imo

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Might even be sooner if Ross County win on Saturday.

Not a chance. We could lose to Motherwell & Ross County yet Levein will still be in a job.

Guaranteed.

The Real Maroonblood

Teflon will still be there.

The Real Maroonblood

Teflon will still be there.

Igglepiggle

The only thing I'd blame Levein for relating to yesterday is failing to give Dikamona any minutes in the League Cup. He would have known that he was planning on playing 3 at the back against Aberdeen and that Dikamona would be back up, seems strange not to give him any time at all before the match in case he was needed. That doesn't excuse the challenge, but not surprising that he wasn't fully up to speed. 

It should have been ten
21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Regardless, it was a stonewall penalty. 

Just have to agree to disagree there.

Forever Hearts
Just now, It should have been ten said:

Just have to agree to disagree there.

Naismith's reaction said it all and there was very little protestations from the culprit and his other teammates. 

1 hour ago, skodef said:

The fact we took 4 weeks to appoint a man we already had employed tells you everything you need to know 

We couldn't find anyone, so panicked and gave it to Levein who didn't really want it

We then gave a man who hadn't managed in club football for 8 years 

a THREE AND A HALF YEAR CONTRACT 

Absolute insanity 

41 minutes ago, wagy said:

Disagree buddy, thought the boy fell over before challenge was made and the ref couldn't wait to give it. Completely changed the game imo

Just saw it on telly and like pretty much any contact yesterday  the flock of sheep in the stands screamed and the ref bought it IMO.

Silly challenge regardless. Just get goal side of the diving ponce

Edited by Jamhammer

Maroon Sailor

I would say Levein has the cushiest manager's job in football. Probably the reason why he took it. He gets an easy ride from the people who appointed him. He is part of their team and has their respect.

From his point of view he is working for the club that means most to him and has a great relationship with the hierarchy as they don't get involved in what he does. No micro management. He is well paid and in such a privileged position, it doesn't get any better for an employee than that.

Just now, Igglepiggle said:

The only thing I'd blame Levein for relating to yesterday is failing to give Dikamona any minutes in the League Cup. He would have known that he was planning on playing 3 at the back against Aberdeen and that Dikamona would be back up, seems strange not to give him any time at all before the match in case he was needed. That doesn't excuse the challenge, but not surprising that he wasn't fully up to speed. 

Was thinking this myself, along with how many actual game minutes has he played since we won at  Hibs away  last season....virtually nothing I'd imagine

Narrow defeats are now being classed as moral victories.  Mistakes cost us the game. No doubt Aberdeen will view our goals as mistakes. Mistakes are part of the game. We made them so they are not excuses 

47 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I would say Levein has the cushiest manager's job in football. Probably the reason why he took it. He gets an easy ride from the people who appointed him. He is part of their team and has their respect.

From his point of view he is working for the club that means most to him and has a great relationship with the hierarchy as they don't get involved in what he does. No micro management. He is well paid and in such a privileged position, it doesn't get any better for an employee than that.

Yes, and why I don't think he'll walk unless he's pushed. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Can be a decent shot stopper but, as you see needs to be a lot more than that

This.

McLaughlin was one of the best goalies I've seen when it came to managing his area.  He was always in the right position and, as a result, made things look easy.  That feeds into the defence and gives them confidence.  I don't thikn the defence has that level of ocnfidence in Zlamal.

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Careful now. 

Robbo-Jambo
17 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

I’m not going to use the 90 mins today as a stick to beat him with. I actually think the result and performance in parts was respectable. Regardless of how committed the Aberdeen fringe players were with Thursday in mind. 

However, he needs removed for his prematch interview alone. Both managers were asked what their ambitions were for the season ahead. 

McInnes explained that the aim of Aberdeen was to reach the group stages of the Europa League and win two trophies domestically. 

Levein’s answer was that “We should be round about the European spots. We have the fourth or fifth biggest budget in the league, so that's where we should be,"

My heart sank. The guy has zero ambition and the thought of actually winning a trophy in his life must have him breaking out in hives. 

Didn't hear the interview. 

The thing is though it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. 

CL was a brilliant footballer and a big hero of mine in his playing days. 

He really is not a  good football manager though. ☹️

There were lots of positives on Sunday and the team gave 100%.

As such I’m cutting Levein a bit of slack pending how things pan out against Ross County.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic