Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

If I recall correctly we fannied about and missed out on Dougie Freedman.

As it turns out Billy Davies might not have been far off the mark. He stated that we couldn’t be successful the way the football department was set up.

Strangely enough Ann Budge has now stated that she has spent time looking at the reporting structure within the “footballing department” as “Craig’s not good at organising”.

Wee Billy Davies maybe wasn’t as stupid as people thought wee Billy Davies was.

Billy Davies wanted Levein removed from first team responsibility, demotion of Daly and sackings of MacPhee and Foxy.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/billy-davies-i-wanted-austin-macphee-to-go-but-hearts-job-beneath-me-1-4555407

Looks like these would have been in the right direction without going far enough (and Davies himself would not be my choice).  Perhaps the reorganisation of the disorganised football department will take Davies' thoughts on board with the removal of Levein, MacPhee and Foxy.  And if Gallacher's choices were Zlamal and Doyle he should go too.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

2 minutes ago, Coco said:

Billy Davies wanted Levein removed from first team responsibility, demotion of Daly and sackings of MacPhee and Foxy.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/billy-davies-i-wanted-austin-macphee-to-go-but-hearts-job-beneath-me-1-4555407

Looks like these would have been in the right direction without going far enough (and Davies himself would not be my choice).  Perhaps the reorganisation of the disorganised football department will take Davies' thoughts on board with the removal of Levein, MacPhee and Foxy.  And if Gallacher's choices were Zlamal and Doyle he should go too.

Hard to disagree re keepers TBF. Neither good enough to be Hearts no 1

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's a well known fact that he's an arrogant twat.

That's no reason to dislike the man, though, and it's quite amusing on the odd occasion that we actually do quite well.

His quips are often amusing and enjoy when he winds up the vermin but unfortunately it’s all talk these days - would rather see the talking get done by the performances on the park.

I want him out but today changes nothing, an expected defeat, perhaps with some positives from the 2nd half.  I’m looking for 10 points from the first 4 home games and hopefully something from ER out of the first 3 away games but will be pleasantly surprised if we get that.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

His quips are often amusing and enjoy when he winds up the vermin but unfortunately it’s all talk these days - would rather see the talking get done by the performances on the park.

I want him out but today changes nothing, an expected defeat, perhaps with some positives from the 2nd half.  I’m looking for 10 points from the first 4 home games and hopefully something from ER out of the first 3 away games but will be pleasantly surprised if we get that.

When I looked at the first round of fixtures I thought we’d take 13 points. I still think we’ll take that (Aberdeen game was one I expected to lose) however, that could all change next Saturday. Ross County have a winning mentality at the moment. We’ve found them difficult opponents in the past. I had factored in 3 points for that game, anything less will see Levein under even greater pressure.

I would imagine Tynecastle will be a very hostile place next week if we don’t win. Cathro was sacked when hostilities were directed at Budge. I wonder if she will take the same action should things take the same turn.

52 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

And that mentality comes from a manager who has not won anything in his career 

But but but the last 12 games last season was preparing the team for a final......We also lost.

HoChiMinter

Usually a bed wetter, but I actually thought today was encouraging. This was the ref’s fault and no one else’s 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, HoChiMinter said:

Usually a bed wetter, but I actually thought today was encouraging. This was the ref’s fault and no one else’s 

Lol. A bed wetter aye.

Not just a pant wetter but the whole fukkin bed!!

HoChiMinter
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lol. A bed wetter aye.

Not just a pant wetter but the whole fukkin bed!!

Nae half measures

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, HoChiMinter said:

How on earth was it the refs fault? :lol: 

HoChiMinter
8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

How on earth was it the refs fault? :lol: 

Manipulated by the sheep like play doh. Uneven distribution of cards. Is that enough information to defend my opinion, or do you need video evidence to take your patronising emoji and shove it up your ****?

Jambof3tornado
Just now, HoChiMinter said:

Manipulated by the sheep like play doh. Uneven distribution of cards. Is that enough information to defend my opinion, or do you need video evidence to take your patronising emoji and shove it up your ****?

The ref didnt cost us today.

He was poor.

They all are.

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, Anderson5 said:

I’m not going to use the 90 mins today as a stick to beat him with. I actually think the result and performance in parts was respectable. Regardless of how committed the Aberdeen fringe players were with Thursday in mind. 

However, he needs removed for his prematch interview alone. Both managers were asked what their ambitions were for the season ahead. 

McInnes explained that the aim of Aberdeen was to reach the group stages of the Europa League and win two trophies domestically. 

Levein’s answer was that “We should be round about the European spots. We have the fourth or fifth biggest budget in the league, so that's where we should be,"

My heart sank. The guy has zero ambition and the thought of actually winning a trophy in his life must have him breaking out in hives. 

A team is the reflection of the manager and after reading above, it's no wonder we lose almost every weekend. There's a lack of ambition, confidence, direction & responsibility through the dressing room because of him.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Levein wasn't the reason we lost today.

But that's 4 league wins in 2019 now.

Must take some blame. Thats not a great stat at all

buzzbomb1958
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Must take some blame. Thats not a great stat at all

Gtf Levein 3 years of pish football ,wasted money and you are still a ****ing loser please walk from our club now you *****

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Coco said:

Showing ‘solidarity’ with Billy Davies.

:cornette:

16 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Gtf Levein 3 years of pish football ,wasted money and you are still a ****ing loser please walk from our club now you *****

Feck knows how we managed to win the Scottish cup in 98 with that serial loser Jefferies in charge.

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Just now, To Be Frank said:

You can't twist that comment that way or you end up looking like a cant

I too was depressed to hear his pre match comments. He states our budget is the 4th/5th largest ( yet 3rd biggest fanbase ?) and we should aim to set our league position at that level.  I despair at what must be the most de motivated unambitious leadership in UK football and am perplexed that a CEO with a business background is indulging this . Talk about setting your sights low.....

How to talk lose friends and stop influencing people - the DoF @Heart of Midlothian

Inch Hearts
48 minutes ago, HoChiMinter said:

Yes it’s all the big bad refs fault. Ffs :lol: 

Inch Hearts
27 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Much better football manager at a higher level than Levein. 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Hard to disagree re keepers TBF. Neither good enough to be Hearts no 1

It's becoming a huge problem. Bobby and the defence are not on the same wavelength and there is a lack of trust and understanding between them that is costing us stupid goals. His decision making is woeful as is his positioning at times.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Strange, I thought the league season only started today.

Missing out Cup games as well just so it looks worse. 

It is poor, and tbh the next 3/4 games will make or break him. 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's becoming a huge problem. Bobby and the defence are not on the same wavelength and there is a lack of trust and understanding between them that is costing us stupid goals. His decision making is woeful as is his positioning at times.

Having watched it again several times berra is as much at fault as bobby. Need a new keeper though.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's a concern. 

28 minutes ago, gedster said:

You can't twist that comment that way or you end up looking like a cant

Oooohhh attempting to bypass the swear filter is against forum rules sunbeam.

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Much better football manager at a higher level than Levein. 

So good he hasn’t had a job in five years? 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s often the stick used to beat Levein so what has Billy Davies won?

Just now, smiler said:

Oooohhh attempting to bypass the swear filter is against forum rules sunbeam.

I'll take100 lines.....

Edited by gedster

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Levein wasn't the reason we lost today.

But that's 4 league wins in 2019 now.

Yes he was.

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So good he hasn’t had a job in five years? 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s often the stick used to beat Levein so what has Billy Davies won?

Less than Craig was before giving himself the gig he’s failing at.

Did he not win the playoffs to the EPL with Derby? 

Inch Hearts
12 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

No.

I think you’ll find he’s manager bigger clubs all over the place than Levein.  Took one into the Premiership also.

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Having watched it again several times berra is as much at fault as bobby. Need a new keeper though.

Unfortunately decent keepers are hard to come by.

I was watching Gordon Marshall doing the warm up with their keepers and can't help think if only he was the goalkeeping coach at Hearts.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

And that mentality comes from a manager who has not won anything in his career 

A manager at any other club in the UK, would have been removed by now with leveins record !!    Cant remember another hearts manager who has got away with a run like this...

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

utter drivel, him and you

So he didn’t take derby to the prem? I must have imagined watching them beat West Brom in the final in that case. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

A manager at any other club in the UK, would have been removed by now with leveins record !!    Cant remember another hearts manager who has got away with a run like this...

If Billy Davies got the job when Levein gave the job to himself he would have been sacked by erm Levein by now.  Not given excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse.  Some fans on hear sound the equivalent to domestic abuse victims praying it will come good when everyone else can see its farcical. 

Just now, smiler said:

Would your septum handle that?

................."I must not upset the happy clappers on Kickback"

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

He took Derby to the premiership? 

Why isn't he the Emperor of the universe now?

My life has been a lie.

All hail Billy Davies, Football emperor of the Universe and all time.  

Nobody said that.  He’s undoubtedly done more in football management than Levein though. To say otherwise is drivel. 

5 minutes ago, gedster said:

................."I must not upset the happy clappers on Kickback"

I wouldn’t worry about that, there’s only a couple of them.

King Of The Cat Cafe
29 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this is the first time a Berra missed/misplaced header cost us a goal.

(Agree that play should have been stopped earlier for foul on Uche.)

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Soapy Soutar
31 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This is what happens when our no1 is a gymnast,he pulls off a few reflex saves but his basic goalkeeping game is awful.Shocking positional sense,poor distribution and all round game awareness is shite

Just now, Soapy Soutar said:

This is what happens when our no1 is a gymnast,he pulls off a few reflex saves but his basic goalkeeping game is awful.Shocking positional sense,poor distribution and all round game awareness is shite

Absolutely, the fundamental goalkeeping attributes are sadly lacking.

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

He took Derby to the premiership? 

Why isn't he the Emperor of the universe now?

My life has been a lie.

All hail Billy Davies, Football emperor of the Universe and all time.  

Ah you realised you were the one taking drivel after all then?  

Davies is a cock but there’s no denying his managerial cv is far more impressive than Levein’s. Won promotion to the Premiership with Derby in football’s richest game was huge, also got to the play offs with Forest and even twice with unfashionable Preston.  

Levein did manage a big(ish) club in England but in the Championship and was a failure.

To suggest Levein, who has won nothing, has been a more successful manager than Davies is madness.  Both now are probably now finished though.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Randy Marsh
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

If Billy Davies got the job when Levein gave the job to himself he would have been sacked by erm Levein by now.  Not given excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse.  Some fans on hear sound the equivalent to domestic abuse victims praying it will come good when everyone else can see its farcical. 

Billy Davies record as manager is actually a very impressive one.  Getting Preston into the playoffs twice in a row was an excellent achievement.  Then getting Derby County promoted to the EPL.  He may have been sacked a few times but the Championship is such a cut throat league where many excellent managers have also been sacked.

It is very interesting to think where Hearts might have been had Billy Davies taken the Hearts job and been allowed to get rid of Levein's boot boys.   My guess is we would have finished 3rd two seasons running.

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think we need to give Doyle a second chance. 

Sooner give Silva a chance. Doyle is worse than Bobby.

HoChiMinter
58 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yes it’s all the big bad refs fault. Ffs :lol: 

Good contribution. 

Finlay James

Im gutted with the way that we lost today and you can tell from Leveins comments post match that he was raging with Dikamona and Hickey.  

That said, I'm chuffed that we at least had a go today and that shows progress. We were unlucky. If we play as we can next week, we'll win comfortably and I think we'll be more positive than previously when we visit parkhead the following week.  The way folk are slitting their wrists, you'd think we were battling relegation and had no decent players but the reality is that we have the makings of an exciting squad and most teams in our league would love to have Naismith, Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Washington or Hickey.  We're about to sign Glenn Whelan as well so we're adding some real quality.

I want Levein to go back to being DOF or leave altogether as I just think it's not working.  I've no idea who but I think that someone else with a fresh approach could get some amazing results with this group of players.  Sometimes it comes down to luck as well and Levein just doesn't seem to carry any at all.  I respect Ann Budge immensely and I am grateful that she is not a knee jerk type and has given him time but if we're not picking up points in our 1st 5 games, he needs to go.  I desperately want him to succeed and do genuinely feel that we are on the cusp of something special but he needs to make it happen starting this coming Saturday.

Inch Hearts
Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Billy Davies record as manager is actually a very impressive one.  Getting Preston into the playoffs twice in a row was an excellent achievement.  Then getting Derby County promoted to the EPL.  He may have been sacked a few times but the Championship is such a cut throat league where many excellent managers have also been sacked.

It is very interesting to think where Hearts might have been had Billy Davies taken the Hearts job and been allowed to get rid of Levein's boot boys.   My guess is we would have finished 3rd two seasons running.

Hes a wank but I totally agree.  He even had Forest closer to promotion than they have been in years also.   I would still take him and it would be totally reassuring he was doing things his way and not dictated.  People saying all of a sudden he’s a shit manager on not good enough is mental.  He’s the wank side of the good guy argument but he can build a football team to compete. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think we need to give Doyle a second chance. 

No we don’t. He’s even worse.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic