Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

5 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Barry Ferguson is spot on with what he says. The way we play football is very poor, no enjoyment watching that, it’s Leveins way of doing things that suck the life out the team.

All his emphasis is on defending and keeping it tight, not the kind of things that get the fans on the edge of their seats is it. He also has consistently signed duds which is worry, as it’s down to his judgment.

Plenty of talk about how we do things at youth level. Hope they get hoofball drilled into them at a young age, coz if they can't do that they'll be put out on loan until they learn to do so.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Tbf not just at fault...2-1 up with 15 minutes to go and cant see it out.

Too many losers in team. Ability aside (which is average) have mentality of losers.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's early in the season but do you not think we should be doing better with the players we've got?

I don't think Levein's/Macphee's tactics or coaching does us any favours. 

It takes a class act like Naismith to come on sort everything out. 

If we're going to continue with our current manager and coaches we're going to have to bring more quality in. 2 CM's and a poacher. 

I'm not so harsh on Zlamal as some folk but yeah, Aberdeen have a better keeper for sure. 

Edited by Sagan

Seymour M Hersh

It wasn't up before the game clearly and it is not up after the game clearly. He can't be held responsible for player errors today. Tactically he got lots correct today but losing Soapy won't have helped. Changed it on 65 minutes and got an instant positive reaction. 16 year old has a rush of blood and gets sent off hardly the managers fault. Dikamona gets penalised, only seen it once but looked pretty soft, ref gives a pen. Then with their tails up they get a winner. All subs had been used so he couldn't replace Hickey. I'll take the positives out of the game as I expected a heavy defeat there and it wasn't. 

Leveins Battalion

FWIW I like Craig Levein,but the losing run we are on you simply cannot defend,its woeful,embarrassing,if it wasn't levein he would have been hounded.

Leveins Battalion
21 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Why does he have to go we would have won the game if it wasn't for the sending off and if it wasn't for the jambo soldier giving away a penalty, it's the players no the manager, well that's what SHANTS PATON reckons.

Nah I agree, he has to go! I believe we have the players to finish 3rd or 4th, but not under this man, I'll give him his due for bringing in naismith, but he just cannot get the results that we expect. 

Please go Craig....We know your a hearts man and aw that and we know no one hates losing more than you but your a pish manager.

Personally I think his choice of coaches/assistants are killing him.

Do I think Levein deserves to go based on today?

No, I don’t.

But we can’t ignore this form forever.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Makes a positive change that wins the game if not the inexperience/stupidity of Hickey and Dikamona.

Whatever his faults, it's harsh to lay this one at his door. Players need to take responsibility for not using their brains on such occasions.

Starting to get tired of negativity on JKB! Who would you prefer as manager? Tommy Wright?! He was often suggested last season. 

Jean Louis Valois
1 minute ago, MCJamTart said:

Starting to get tired of negativity on JKB! Who would you prefer as manager? Tommy Wright?! He was often suggested last season. 

Hundreds of good managers would love to manage our club. This attitude that their is no one better out there is nonsense. Levein is on borrowed time and eventually the unrest in the fans will see him replaced. Can’t see him leaving the club altogether though, he’ll get a cushy job upstairs.

Robbo-Jambo
29 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Too many losers in team. Ability aside (which is average) have mentality of losers.

Post of the day. 

Serial losers. We went 2 - 1 up and it didn't surprise me in the least we lost the game. 

Sad but true ☹️

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

18 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Personally I think his choice of coaches/assistants are killing him.

I think he spends to much time in the bookies, drawing out set pieces on blank slips 

12 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

JKB will never change. Hopefully things become more positive when we stop losing every week or at least cease to be one of the worst Hearts teams in living memory.

I think we struggled to appoint a new manager before CL ,email,appointed himself! Remember the Billy Davies controversy.

It could just be timing. Let's give CL and the team a chance this season.

Get Levein signed up on a longer term contract. Projects like this can take years before they come together, and we saw glimpses of improvement today. 

Robbo-Jambo
27 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

FWIW I like Craig Levein,but the losing run we are on you simply cannot defend,its woeful,embarrassing,if it wasn't levein he would have been hounded.

Exactly. 

Yet no one is bomb proof 🤔

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Get Levein signed up on a longer term contract. Projects like this can take years before they come together, and we saw glimpses of improvement today. 

A longer contract

Heard it all now. 

What losing run are we on?? Season has just started. Let's wait and see for now. Please be kind on here..we do not know how psychologically vulnerable players and management team may be. 

1 minute ago, MCJamTart said:

2019/20 season ...we have played 1 game! Lots of upcoming games where we can and will win!!

😩

Leveins Battalion

You know what will save Levein this season?Hibs are shite also!!!,we wont get near Celtic Rangers,Aberdeen more than likely 3rd,the rest is anybody's guess.

We cannot compete financially with Rangers + Celtic. We can only do our best with the players we have. 

40 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Post of the day. 

Serial losers. We went 2 - 1 up and it didn't surprise me in the least we lost the game. 

Sad but true ☹️

Agree. 2-1 up we have all the momentum. How many times have other teams been ahead of us and can shut the game down so we don’t get a sniff. We can’t do this.

William H. Bonney
23 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

We cannot compete financially with Rangers + Celtic. We can only do our best with the players we have. 

Except levein doesn’t do the best with the players we have. His tactics prove that. 

If we were going under this run of form under Cathro then I'm sure the poll wouldn't be 50/50. 

Levein has been amazing for Hearts but his time is clearly up. How long it'll take for the board to get their heads out of the sand and realise it....well. 

sandylejambo

I had written a post but my anger is just as bad as our teams form. so I deleted the swear words and was left with nought. Levein is not my favourite.

siegementality
55 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

I think we struggled to appoint a new manager before CL ,email,appointed himself! Remember the Billy Davies controversy.

It could just be timing. Let's give CL and the team a chance this season.

If I recall correctly we fannied about and missed out on Dougie Freedman.

As it turns out Billy Davies might not have been far off the mark. He stated that we couldn’t be successful the way the football department was set up.

Strangely enough Ann Budge has now stated that she has spent time looking at the reporting structure within the “footballing department” as “Craig’s not good at organising”.

Wee Billy Davies maybe wasn’t as stupid as people thought wee Billy Davies was.

Edited by siegementality

siegementality
44 minutes ago, MCJamTart said:

2019/20 season ...we have played 1 game! Lots of upcoming games where we can and will win!!

Huraaaay!

Who_put_the_ball_in...

The results speak for themselves amazing that people still come on here and try to defend him.

I’m not going to use the 90 mins today as a stick to beat him with. I actually think the result and performance in parts was respectable. Regardless of how committed the Aberdeen fringe players were with Thursday in mind. 

However, he needs removed for his prematch interview alone. Both managers were asked what their ambitions were for the season ahead. 

McInnes explained that the aim of Aberdeen was to reach the group stages of the Europa League and win two trophies domestically. 

Levein’s answer was that “We should be round about the European spots. We have the fourth or fifth biggest budget in the league, so that's where we should be,"

My heart sank. The guy has zero ambition and the thought of actually winning a trophy in his life must have him breaking out in hives. 

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, siegementality said:

If I recall correctly we fannied about and missed out on Dougie Freedman.

As it turns out Billy Davies might not have been far off the mark. He stated that we couldn’t be successful the way the football department was set up.

Strangely enough Ann Budge has now stated that she has spent time looking at the reporting structure within the “footballing department” as “Craig’s not good at organising”.

Wee Billy Davies maybe wasn’t as stupid as people thought wee Billy Davies was.

Perhaps Billy Davies will get the DOF role as part of this restructure. Assuming Billy Davies is still looking for a job for Billy Davies.

1 hour ago, PnG said:

JKB will never change. Hopefully things become more positive when we stop losing every week or at least cease to be one of the worst Hearts teams in living memory.

:rofl: 

Edit: Apologies if as I suspect, you are about 12 years old.

Edited by graygo

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Anderson5 said:

I’m not going to use the 90 mins today as a stick to beat him with. I actually think the result and performance in parts was respectable. Regardless of how committed the Aberdeen fringe players were with Thursday in mind. 

However, he needs removed for his prematch interview alone. Both managers were asked what their ambitions were for the season ahead. 

McInnes explained that the aim of Aberdeen was to reach the group stages of the Europa League and win two trophies domestically. 

Levein’s answer was that “We should be round about the European spots. We have the fourth or fifth biggest budget in the league, so that's where we should be,"

My heart sank. The guy has zero ambition and the thought of actually winning a trophy in his life must have him breaking out in hives. 

Sounds like he is more interested in defending his own record and his job. Added to a smart arse comment he made to the Sunday papers about having to check his arithmetic skills because he thought we must have finished bottom of our LC group, it's clear he has been stung by the criticism from the fans.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sounds like he is more interested in defending his own record and his job. Added to a smart arse comment he made to the Sunday papers about having to check his arithmetic skills because he thought we must have finished bottom of our LC group, it's clear he has been stung by the criticism from the fans.

He’s had a few nibbles recently. Was it yesterday’s paper when he said he understands that the fans are unhappy because we don’t win every game?

Yes Craig, we’re pissed odd because you don’t have a 100% win record as manager.

siegementality
12 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Promise low, deliver low, it seems to keep Budge happy.

siegementality
4 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

He’s had a few nibbles recently. Was it yesterday’s paper when he said he understands that the fans are unhappy because we don’t win every game?

Yes Craig, we’re pissed odd because you don’t have a 100% win record as manager.

His win percentage is now worse than his first time at Hearts and we won feck all then.

B7FDF0D8-6930-4785-9499-D1BB57F61B15.jpeg

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

This

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

His win percentage is now worse than his first time at Hearts and we won feck all then.

B7FDF0D8-6930-4785-9499-D1BB57F61B15.jpeg

His record this time round is actually nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.  The cup runs last season clearly helped to boost it.

CL has little credit left in the bank to just pass today's result as unlucky.  You could look for the positives today if we hadn't been so bad for the last 3 seasons.

gowestjambo
32 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Nail on head with those two statements. If the team is an extension of the Managers personality - we are well and truly fecked.....

28 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Exactly right. This is the lack of ambition and motivation from Levein that gets passed down to the players.

A winning, confident, can do attitude, can work wonders for a football manager, at the very least it would give the players a phycological boost.

Toxteth O'Grady
2 hours ago, J80MBO said:

And that mentality comes from a manager who has not won anything in his career 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Levein wasn't the reason we lost today.

But that's 4 league wins in 2019 now.

Good Lord, I hadn't realised the record was that bad. :lol:

eyesandears
2 hours ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Makes a positive change that wins the game if not the inexperience/stupidity of Hickey and Dikamona.

Whatever his faults, it's harsh to lay this one at his door. Players need to take responsibility for not using their brains on such occasions.

The correct answer

51 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And in doing so coming across as being a bit of an arrogant twat. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

And in doing so coming across as being a bit of an arrogant twat. 

It's a well known fact that he's an arrogant twat.

That's no reason to dislike the man, though, and it's quite amusing on the odd occasion that we actually do quite well.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

It's a well known fact that he's an arrogant twat.

That's no reason to dislike the man, though, and it's quite amusing on the odd occasion that we actually do quite well.

Sadly he's needing a few more odd occasions, and he's needing them pretty quickly. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic