Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We’ve played more home games at Tynecastle this season though so you can’t just compare losses like that imo. A fairer comparison would be some sort of weighted analysis of home points won and lost I reckon. 

Yes agreed. We lost 3 games last season at home, including Murrayfield, but we've lost 4 at Tynie already this season . However, doing a quick calculation I think we've only dropped 20 points this term compared to 21 last season, although we still have 4 or 5 games to play.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

The Future's Maroon
7 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Folk still conversing with Enzo like it's going to make the slightest difference.

19 pages of around four people’s agendas? 19 pages ffs.

2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Opinions etc... Norf Corya... etc... ?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

From what I remember of what was outlined as part of the 5 year plan, these were the targets....

Good post. (I've cut it down so its not taking up tons of space :D)

Its a shame folk seem so hell bent on focusing entirely on the negatives. You have focused entirely on the positives mind, but it adds balance to the pure negativity some have been spouting. 

I'd say its been a mixed bag so far, certainly as you say achieving automatic promotion was fantastic and exceeded expectations. Following that Neilson had us competing if playing some rather underwhelming football. The Cathro disaster was exactly that and I believe we're still suffering the effects of that now, in that it set back any plans by at least a year. 

In terms of since Levein took over as manager there have been obvious improvements on the field. He's largely fixed our defensive issues, but I feel like we're very poor going forward, where that is not creating enough chances or not being clinical enough in front of goal. What concerns me is that we don't seem 'up for it' against the pish in this league. We're a significantly bigger club than Livi, St Mirren, Motherwell & Dundee and yet we've dropped 18 points (at least) against them. Looking at our goal difference compared to other teams around us screams that we're not doing enough and failing to take advantage of weaker teams. 

I'm certainly in the 'give him time' camp. But, we need to start doing more in the games we should be winning. Quite frankly, I don't give a flying **** if we beat Celtic, Aberdeen or Killie if we're going out the following week and getting beat from pish like St Mirren. To me, that is incredibly concerning. I don't want a team of 'big game' players as they're utterly useless when it actually counts as ultimately the big games do not matter if we're not winning the little games first. 

1 hour ago, jambali said:

No idea about what?

If CL goes I do not want him to be Dof nor to be succeeded by the present staff. Clear now?

Nope. Be prepared to wait quite some time for a change and the board will act in the interests of stability and continuity rather than listen to knee-jerk rants from a small bunch of punters who want to sack everyone.

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

?? Sums the entire thread up realy FJs postbwas superb. Plenty variables in there to throw us off some our own making some not yet the direction is up up up

14 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

And 6 points off 3rd.

Amazing what spin can do, eh?

It is BoD, that was exactly my point. ?  

14 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Are you asking or telling? Not something I have heard before...was that in his first season up or second?

I'm sure it was the first. Maybe I dreamt it, but I seem to remember Ann said something like "With the money we've spent, I expect no less than 3rd" 

Sorry it was Nov 2016

" We finished 3rd last season, so anything less than 3rd would be disappointing" 

But later said they'd be happy with 4th and Europe.

Edited by ri Alban

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure it was the first. Maybe I dreamt it, but I seem to remember Ann said something like "With the money we've spent, I expect no less than 3rd" 

Sorry it was Nov 2016

" We finished 3rd last season, so anything less than 3rd would be disappointing" 

But later said they'd be happy with 4th and Europe.

Expectations obviously changeddue to Robbie leaving and Cathro arriving

Hearts are full of fight nothing else.

Time for Levein and his Bootroom to go. 

No More Excuses.

Ann Budge must act NOW !

A draw with a bottom of the table championship side who are pony. The style of football is honking.

Not maybe now but maybe end of the season he needs to go 

Evolution of this club. Levein has done so much good. Best defender I have seen. But now I just think the direction needs changed.

Edited by mscjambo

Shameful shameful stuff. Levein all over in the second half. Sat back and content to try and see it out. 

OmiyaHearts

Final straw for me. Get him to ****. That team were happy to walk away with a draw, no urgency from players or management.

Bye Craig. 

Bottom of the Championship, FFS. 

This has to happen, eye bleeding tactics With 10 empty jerseys week in week out giving sweet FA and void of any creative football. 

Just go now. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Wait until the summer. Seriously, take our time and do it properly.

this team is shite and we wouldn’t win the Scottish Cup under Guardiola. Just let it roll until the season’s done.

Walter Bishop

You are right. But prepare yourself, Levein lovers will be all over you. 

And dont kid yourself, Ann Budge will be delighted. :munny:

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Needs to go.

Im seriously not interested in listening to his pish and excuses tomorrow.

Dreadful.

Must go after that! How he allows this hoofball is beyond me! The players looked pissed off with it too! Embarrassing football! Partick were thee for a 5-0 defeat today! I’m actually so relieved with a draw tonight 

Can't be many wanting him to remain in charge now its eye bleeding stuff. 

BonningtonJambo

Backed him all the way up until the 5-0 at livy but honestly how can u defend him cant even beat bottom of the championship piontless even getting to the semi we will just get h***** playing defensive hoof ball doesnt have the b***s to have a go at any team

Full clear out please the current lot are clueless. 

Hartely or Robbi would have them more fired up than that 

Sexton Hardcastle

It’s not going to happen at this stage of the season so save yourself the timez

sidjamesbottle
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Djoum and McLean are passengers who offer absolutely nothing. 

What anyone sees in maclean is beyond me total impostor

That's final straw for me. Levein can GTF.  If he has any respect for club/fans he'll be clearing his desk(s) tomorrow.  Please go now.

He needs to go now.  Embarrassing tactics and why the **** is Maclean still getting a game??? 

We’ve went into a season with 0 wingers, ducking dreadful 

The Comedian

Going nowhere.

I can't wait to see the next five year's of the Levein brand of football and coaching.

Scintillating.

:levein_interesting:

Was McLean even playing? Why did he not give vanacek 20min with uche up top? Mulraney...really? **** off levein!

Edited by hmfcbilly
Unfinished post

1 minute ago, sidjamesbottle said:

yeh defended him in the past just cant now we are just so boring

Agreed. I’ve always been keen to back him but that was pathetic tonight.

Poor poor stuff tonight. We were their best players Levein has to take stock of things. He won't go while we are still in the cup, and I think that is right, but even if we were to  get to the semis he has to think about clearing out and taking the rest of the coaches with him. 

Good advert for renewing season tickets in March... 

... LEVEIN OOOOOT! 

fabienleclerq

I can't even be bothered defending him anymore. He insists on playing so negatively, no wingers so he can play Haring as basically a CH in midfield. He waited and waited when we needed a sub.

We lack drive in midfield and any sort of width. Thistle are ****ing wank, we could've passed them off the park but the 50/50 punt all night gave them a chance.

Silvery_Moon

If we had lost tonight I can't see any way he could have stayed. He is hanging on by his fingertips now.

Never said it before tonight but I think the time has come for our management team to leave.

I have realised he always seems to be really slow to react and make substitutions vanecek should have got some time today

2 minutes ago, BonningtonJambo said:

Backed him all the way up until the 5-0 at livy but honestly how can u defend him cant even beat bottom of the championship piontless even getting to the semi we will just get h***** playing defensive hoof ball doesnt have the b***s to have a go at any team

Jeez I genuinely forgot about that result 

heartandsoul

Not even interested in the cup draw, we've no chance of winning it with that useless shower.

Hard to disagree with the OP. That was (yet another) embarrassment. 

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Hearts are full of fight nothing else.

Time for Levein and his Bootroom to go. 

No More Excuses.

Ann Budge must act NOW !

Not content with saying all this on the match thread, you feel the need to start a new thread to repeat yourself.

How sad.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic